Event Discussion

For people in North America, Europe and Australia; if you signed up to the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter before June 1st, you will receive a serial code for Mew. The Mew is identical to the 20th anniversary one from February, and if you got said 20th Anniversary February Mew, you cannot receive this one.

For people in North America, Europe and Australia; if you signed up to the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter before June 1st, you will receive a serial code for Mew. The Mew is identical to the 20th anniversary one from February, and if you got said 20th Anniversary February Mew, you cannot receive this one.
Should have seen the smile on my face until that last part..I was so stoked on getting two mew's. Such a bummer, nonetheless thanks for keeping us up to date, Kurona.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
And look, they're releasing ANOTHER Shiny Rayquaza. I like Rayquaza as much as the next guy, but could we maybe get a Shiny for like the Gen VI event Pokemon? Heck, a Shiny Event Pokemon in general would be nice (probably what they should have made this Newsletter Mew).

Actually why are they giving away this Mew again? Are they going to do this for all the 20th Anniversary Pokemon?

And look, they're releasing ANOTHER Shiny Rayquaza. I like Rayquaza as much as the next guy, but could we maybe get a Shiny for like the Gen VI event Pokemon? Heck, a Shiny Event Pokemon in general would be nice (probably what they should have made this Newsletter Mew).

Actually why are they giving away this Mew again? Are they going to do this for all the 20th Anniversary Pokemon?
Well, Mew is one of the four that were given away by in-store rather than wi-fi. Maybe they heard complaints and decided to do this for consolidation.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Can someone link me this please as I am not sure WHICH website they keep referring to with these... I thought I was signed up to all of them, but I got no Bird codes and havent had a newsletter in a while (I had European friends who DID get codes). Thankyou :)

Can someone link me this please as I am not sure WHICH website they keep referring to with these... I thought I was signed up to all of them, but I got no Bird codes and havent had a newsletter in a while (I had European friends who DID get codes). Thankyou :)
For me it's just The Pokémon Company International. Signed up to the Pokemon.co.uk website; not sure what else to tell ya.

In other news, the Japanese Shiny Rayquaza comes with Celebrate and will be distributed between July 6th and September 4th.
In Sweden, the Shiny Yveltal will be distributed at Gamestop between July 18th and September 30th. This follows on from the Shiny Xerneas distributed at Swedish Gamestops which ends July 17th.

I knew others that had problems too. They would say after a while the emails would just stop coming. Maybe things changed and you need to log in and be sure you're set to get emails again - maybe that thing changed.

I'm one of many who didn't get a Mew due to being sold out, so...guess I should look at what nature, IVs, and moveset I'm gonna assign my new little pink friend.

And speaking of shiny events, why wasn't Zygarde shiny? I want a AbomaZygarge!

I'm curious..aren't these event Pokemon distributed for both ORAS and X & Y? That said, seeing as I was able to get a code for Alpha Sapphire and not Y, wouldn't this code work for Y? If so then it seems I can get another Mew after all.

I'm one of many who didn't get a Mew due to being sold out, so...guess I should look at what nature, IVs, and moveset I'm gonna assign my new little pink friend.
And I'm one of many who live in a country where no serial code distribution took place and bought a code from eBay. So, yeah... FML, kinda?

And I'm one of many who live in a country where no serial code distribution took place and bought a code from eBay. So, yeah... FML, kinda?
Not to come off as a ponce, but I never understood people paying IRL money for codes. Especially for Mew who can't be used in any official format and the unofficial format (ie: basically just this site) prefer their Mews with Gen III/IV exclusive moves. Plus you have to SR for days to get anything decent.
Is this a collecting thing?

Not to come off as a ponce, but I never understood people paying IRL money for codes. Especially for Mew who can't be used in any official format and the unofficial format (ie: basically just this site) prefer their Mews with Gen III/IV exclusive moves. Plus you have to SR for days to get anything decent.
I don't understand it either, especially since I'm paranoid about people using that code already.

Yes, but mostly this. I almost never start a collection without finishing it. My palms literally itch (yes, literally in the literal sense) when I see something that helps me complete a collection. ATM, it's the event-only Pokemon that are preventing me from finishing my Pokedex. I'm just glad that I already have a Darkrai or I would have bought a code for that as well.

Yes, but mostly this. I almost never start a collection without finishing it. My palms literally itch (yes, literally in the literal sense) when I see something that helps me complete a collection. ATM, it's the event-only Pokemon that are preventing me from finishing my Pokedex. I'm just glad that I already have a Darkrai or I would have bought a code for that as well.
That's exactly the kind of shit I'm worried about. At that point you're no longer playing for fun but to appease your neuroses.

Not to shamelessly plug here, but plenty of people in the WiFi subforum give away/trade codes for most regions of games..it's definitely a better option than spending actual money. Maybe when arceus is released you should start there instead...

Not to shamelessly plug here, but plenty of people in the WiFi subforum give away/trade codes for most regions of games..it's definitely a better option than spending actual money. Maybe when arceus is released you should start there instead...
In fact, I was giving away some codes too. All you had to do was be one of the people complaining and I was willing to give one.

It has been announced that, to celebrate the upcoming movie Volcanion & The Ingenious Magearna, a special Shiny Gardevoir is to be distributed in Japan. The code will be obtainable from June 17th 2016 to July 8th 2016 in various stores in Japan including Toys 'R' Us, Pokémon Center, Bic Camera, Joshin Denki, Edion, Ito-Yokado and Yodobashi Camera stores. In addition to that, you can also receive the code at a 7-11's 7 Spot on the Nintendo 3DS. This Gardevoir is Level 50 with the ability Synchronise and the moves Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Stored Power and Calm Mind. It holds the Gardevoirite. The code is redeemable until August 31st 2016

I really really really hope this comes here.

It has been announced that, to celebrate the upcoming movie Volcanion & The Ingenious Magearna, a special Shiny Gardevoir is to be distributed in Japan. The code will be obtainable from June 17th 2016 to July 8th 2016 in various stores in Japan including Toys 'R' Us, Pokémon Center, Bic Camera, Joshin Denki, Edion, Ito-Yokado and Yodobashi Camera stores. In addition to that, you can also receive the code at a 7-11's 7 Spot on the Nintendo 3DS. This Gardevoir is Level 50 with the ability Synchronise and the moves Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Stored Power and Calm Mind. It holds the Gardevoirite. The code is redeemable until August 31st 2016

I really really really hope this comes here.
I'm not sure where "here" is for you, but I really doubt it will make it out of Japan. I would complain about all these awesome giveaways that are exclusive to Japan, but then again we're getting a free mythical Pokemon over wifi every month, so I won't. And as much as I like shiny gardevoir, wouldn't it make more sense to give out, hmmm, I don't know, volcanion?! Although at this point it seems as though maybe they are keeping it to use in an alolan volcano or something.

I'm not sure where "here" is for you, but I really doubt it will make it out of Japan. I would complain about all these awesome giveaways that are exclusive to Japan, but then again we're getting a free mythical Pokemon over wifi every month, so I won't. And as much as I like shiny gardevoir, wouldn't it make more sense to give out, hmmm, I don't know, volcanion?! Although at this point it seems as though maybe they are keeping it to use in an alolan volcano or something.
Volcanion has already been given out in japan iirc
Besides, why can't we get both?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)