Event Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I guess GF just can't bring themselves to share Jirachi with the rest of the world.
I think they've done it once or twice but almost every year had a Jirachi giveaway during this time. Now I can sort of understand them not wanting to do that every year outside of Japan, but the thing is sometimes these Jirachi are special. For example I think last year's was a Shiny Jirachi. I'd even argue at least letting one of the Tanabata Jirachi go outside of Japan once very generation would also be nice.

I would like to know how they decide what Events they decide to do. Like is it the Japanese branch not wanting Events to go west and is preventing them from making their own Events? Or does each branch decide what Event to do and if so why don't they bring a lot of Events that happen in Japan over to their country? Why don't they create their own Events if they don't feel a Japan would make sense over there. For example, in the US maybe we could be given a Victini during the Fourth of July instead of a Tanabata Jirachi.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mega Gyara's gonna win unless you paralyze it so you might as well paraflinch it to death. T-tar alreay loses to Iron Head.

Like I said, worthless.

I'd just like to point out that last year's Tanabata Jirachi was the one that carried Moonblast, so it's interesting that this year's follow-up Jirachi brings with it Play Rough, which is essentially Moonblast's physical counterpart.

It's also nice to see the move Heart Stamp given to a Psychic-type who has the physical stats to make decent use of it, even if Jirachi likely won't use the move in competition.

Several new events have been announced for Japan. If you go to any 7-11 store and connect to their Seven Spot system on your Nintendo 3DS, you can receive some serial codes to be redeemed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. From July 18th to July 31st, you can obtian the codes to either receive a Pikachu based on Ash's Pikachu or a Pancham based on Serena's Pancham in the anime, or if you connect to the spot from August 1st to August 16th, you can get codes to get a Lugia or a Latios.
well that's weird and arbitrary

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Several new events have been announced for Japan. If you go to any 7-11 store and connect to their Seven Spot system on your Nintendo 3DS, you can receive some serial codes to be redeemed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. From July 18th to July 31st, you can obtian the codes to either receive a Pikachu based on Ash's Pikachu or a Pancham based on Serena's Pancham in the anime, or if you connect to the spot from August 1st to August 16th, you can get codes to get a Lugia or a Latios.
well that's weird and arbitrary
Wonder if it has something to do with the anime. Them giving away Ash's Pikachu and Serena's Pancham isn't that odd at first (though it's kind of odd its Pancham, especially when she has an Eevee coming her way), but then suddenly its just two random Legendaries. Nothing for Clemont or Bonnie. Speaking of the Legendaries, Lugia is an odd enough choice but then they have Latios but no Latias. Why just one of the Eon Duo? For that matter, why just one of the Tower Duo? Shouldn't it be Lugia & Ho-Oh or Latios & Latias? With them being paired with an anime giveaway I have to imagine it has to do with the anime, like there's going to be a future episode specifically involving Pikachu, Pancham, Lugia, and Latios.

Wonder if it has something to do with the anime. Them giving away Ash's Pikachu and Serena's Pancham isn't that odd at first (though it's kind of odd its Pancham, especially when she has an Eevee coming her way), but then suddenly its just two random Legendaries. Nothing for Clemont or Bonnie. Speaking of the Legendaries, Lugia is an odd enough choice but then they have Latios but no Latias. Why just one of the Eon Duo? For that matter, why just one of the Tower Duo? Shouldn't it be Lugia & Ho-Oh or Latios & Latias? With them being paired with an anime giveaway I have to imagine it has to do with the anime, like there's going to be a future episode specifically involving Pikachu, Pancham, Lugia, and Latios.
I can at least think of just Lugia being justified in that from the Hoopa movie trailers, only Lugia and not Ho-Oh is in the movie (which... is still an odd choice), but I can't think for the life of me why Latios and not Latias.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Well its better than nothing, but does seem a bit odd. I'm guessing with the new movie coming out they wanted to remind everyone of the previous movie? Would rather they maybe released one of the other mythical Pokemon they hadn't released over here, but I'm not complaining about getting a second Diancie either.

BTW it knows Diamond Storm, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, and Protect. Okay, why does it have both Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam? Would giving it one special move really hurt?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
They should've given it Power Gem. I mean, it used it in it's debut trailer, yet it cannot learn it at all.
It actually could have been using Nature Power which it can learn from TM and turns into Power Gem when in a cave (which the battle was taking place in when it used it).

Still, it should get Power Gem regardless because has GEMS all over its body. And on that same account the Amaura family should also have gotten Power Gem.

Oh, okay, I had to have Diancie in my party when I left and then entered again. Thanks!

I won't use it in-game until after the E4, of course, goodness knows this game throws enough free stuff at you already...

Last edited:
It's that time again.

http://maxsoftonline.com/what-s-new/events.html

Maxsoft will be doing a Hoopa distribution in Southeast Asia. It will be via serial code, and, presumably works on Japanese and American systems like the Rayquaza event that came before it did.

Besides an expiration/end date of November 30, 2015, there have been no other details revealed for this distribution.

Time to buy more booster packs.

EDIT: yay another event, this time for Australia.

Shiny Rayquaza codes at EB Games, level 70, holds a Dragon Fang, knows Dragon Ascent, Dragon Claw, Extreme Speed, and Dragon Dance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)