1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Event Pokemon: Fact or Farce?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Policy' started by Aeolus, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Ok, there has been a lot of discussion about whether or not an event happened recently where Shiny Cresselias with Wish and Shiny Starter Pokemon with Baton Pass were given away. I NEED A DEFINITIVE ANSWER ON THIS. We can't just take people's testimony on this since there is too much conflicting information. I don't know how one can verify this one way or the other, but we need to do exactly that. If you find someone who claims to have received such a pokemon, ask that they give you all of its information (OT, etc. etc.) and post it here. Any information on this would be helpful.
  2. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I'm telling you, with absolute certainty, that it did not happen. I wish I could tell you more, like finding seven different sources of these so-called event pokemon, but my ability to trade is most restricted at the moment.
  3. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

sorry if this sounds stupid (since i havent been keeping up with pokemon as much as id like to), but had such events transpired, wouldnt they be on the official pokemon website?
  4. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Most likely not. They aren't very good about updating the site with that sort of thing.
  5. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

ah, i see.

thats fairly troubling, especially considering how big competitive pokemon is getting and how easy it is to cheat. you think they'd do their part to help prevent that, especially since theyre clearly not completely oblivious to their fans' needs.
  6. Atlas

Atlas I'm the Mary!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

7. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

8. Misty

Misty oh
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

9. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

ok, I believe you guys. It would still be nice if we could verify this on our own steam though... without having to rely on the testimony of someone else.
  10. Misty

Misty oh
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Unfortunately, it's a tad late for this, the only real way to prove it would be to have actually been there. As it is, I'm sure well-sharked fakes are going to be spread around now to try and supplement the rumor, so the only thing we can do is go with the most reliable testimony.
  11. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

I've edited the announcement to cover all our bases. If any new information comes up, please post it here.
  12. alex

alex the best stuff on earth
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

igarvey (7:27:25 AM): the nintendo world event was real btw
    igarvey (7:27:30 AM): it was just really poorly done
    arrant thief (7:27:26 AM): how so
    igarvey (7:27:48 AM): the place was filled with cotton candy machines and games for the carnival wii events
    igarvey (7:27:57 AM): but over near the pokemon tables they were giving out the pokemon in the union room
    igarvey (7:28:05 AM): since theres no 1-on-1 trading in dp, everyone had to go in the union room
    igarvey (7:28:30 AM): then they had to move it outside because it was overcrowding
    igarvey (7:29:03 AM): because it was very poorly organized
    igarvey (7:29:07 AM): the flyer wasnt even official
    igarvey (7:29:14 AM): they weren't advertising it because of the wii games
    igarvey (7:29:18 AM): they didnt want overcrowding
    arrant thief (7:29:12 AM): hm
    igarvey (7:29:24 AM): the flyer was made by somebody unofficial
    igarvey (7:29:42 AM): but lol i was there and i saw it with my own eyes and i got my cresselia
    igarvey (7:29:48 AM): there were about 30 people there
    igarvey (7:29:51 AM): all in the union room
    igarvey (7:30:20 AM): but i guess youre gonna have to find one of those 30
    igarvey (7:30:26 AM): since it wasnt well done at ALL
    igarvey (7:31:23 AM): nobody believes it because of the sketchiness
    igarvey (7:31:30 AM): but there was a giveaway

this is what he IMed me

this is what he told yami http://images.yamipoli.com/prt/dogma.txt

the people who know about the event stuff are pretty sure that legit pokemon will work on PBR so all that plus the fact that it's fucking et pretty much seals it for me
  13. Fig

Fig Needs to stop disappearing.
    is a Contributor Alumnus

That's a little incredulous, Nintendo giving out pokemon but then not being able to use them in a wifi battle.
  14. Atlas

Atlas I'm the Mary!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

im willing to trust mr. random lurker more than et:/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)