1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Event Shiny Larvitar for European and Korean VGC Events Announced

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Firestorm, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

via Bulbanews:

[​IMG]
    Press Release:
    Link about Korea: http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/html/WCS/wcs2012.asp
  2. dingram

dingram

This sounds great! Too bad i'm neither European nor Korean... I guess i'll be waiting.
  3. TripleRhu

TripleRhu

Too bad I am Korean but I don't live there.
  4. RubeNCB92

RubeNCB92

How much people from Korea go to Hawaii? same that Nats? 4 masters, 4 seniors and 4 juniors?
  5. Dozz

Dozz Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

This isn't too shabby at all, gives something back to spectators I guess, last year there didn't seem to be much for people who go and get knocked out early/didn't play. I do like shiny TTar as well,

But i hope it's not god a godawful, unhelpful nature, that could ruin it entirely.
  6. Grande magico Wall

Grande magico Wall

Do we know anything about its trait?
  7. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

So now Chople Berry is extremely easy to get, along with Superpower on Ttar.

Best news ever.
  8. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

If it's ability is non-dreamworld then there's nothing special about this Larvitar, considering you can teach Larvitar Superpower in HeartGold.

Now if it's ability IS dreamworld then we have something special on our hands, as Unnerve Tyranitar cannot learn Superpower by any other means.

And yeah, Chople Berry is easy to get now. But isn't it available in the Dream World?
  9. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

Considering they say this:
    It looks to be just like any normal larvitar from HGSS, but in a Cherish Ball. Still worth RNGing if you don't have a Gen 4 game.
  10. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Fair enough.
  11. Drifblim

Drifblim

Is Superpower better then Low Kick? I would think Low Kick, everything it is likely to get used on will be taking good damage from it
  12. R Inanimate

R Inanimate Grasp the earth, Grasp the World.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Low Kick is probably better in VGC, especially whenever Ubers make their return to the scene, but since Superpower is 120 power regardless of weight, there are probably a few things that it's better against.
  13. GARCHOMPZILLA

GARCHOMPZILLA

Both have the same power max, though low kick needs requirements and superpower lowers two of your most important stats. And If you want white herb for replenishment you're losing chople. And don't both require ss/hg? (I'm probably wrong here, bet it's an egg move) Anyway this sounds great, though why not the US?

Also its trait is probably going to be random and can be changed if you turn your game off and try again (assuming it's one of those). Personally I like the event idea, but if you live in the US it's probably better to just rng one u in ss/hg instead of getting a plane ticket to go there.
  14. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

too bad its not low kick. Low kick is better for reliability. SP forces you to switch to retain stats while lowkick can be used. Works better when ttar is one of your last mons.

This is cool, and I guess its only for Europe and Korea because U.S nats are months away. We can expect a US one a month away from nats.
  15. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It's always Adamant by the way, and comes at Lv.5.
  16. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

Do you know if the Gender is the same way?
  17. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I SR'd it four times and they were all Male, but I'm still not certain.
  18. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Past VGC event mons have always been male-only as far as I can tell, so I would assume this is the same.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)