SM OU Everyday - Grassy Terrain Bulky Offense

Everyday
https://soundcloud.com/spiritedlabel%2Feveryday --------

Introduction
Hey Everyone! I'd like to share with y'all a recent Bulky Offense build I've made for USM OU. I feel like it functions exceptionally well and I'm only on mid ladder because I'm a bad player, so that's why I'm sharing it here, because I wanna see how far you can get with it. Also, we all know no team is perfect, so I'd also appreciate if someone detects a flaw or two with it and rates it, I don't know, I guess that'd be nice.

Either way, throught the RMT you'll see some unique 'innovations' in my part which I think adds a little spice to this standard looking team, this is my attemp at G7's version of DragMag which is the ever famous core of Tapu Bulu, Kartana, and Magnezone. This core's goal is to support Kartana by trapping it's counters with Magnezone an by providing devastatingly powerful Leaf Blades and Bloom Dooms with Tapu Bulu's Grassy Terrain.

Overall, I really do hope that you enjoy this team, let's move on!
Process

So, as previously mentioned, I decided do make use of the Tapu Bulu, Kartana and Magnezone core as they provide great support to Kartana, so that was the starting point of the team.

After that, the team was looking like some brainless Offense and what not, so Defensive Landorus-T and Toxapex completed a defensive core with Assault Vest Tapu Bulu, while giving me a Stealth Rock setter and overall better bulk.

Finally, Hawlucha was the last pick to revenge kill anything too threatening, to act as a form of Speed control and finally to provide a win condition against more Offensive teams.

Analysis
----------

Landorus-T
@ Figy Berry @
# Intimidate #
* Impish *
240 HP EVs | 16 Def EVs | 252 Spe EVs
- Earthquake -
- Stone Edge -
- Hidden Power [Ice] -
- Stealth Rock -

Landorus-T! The titan of OU, I'm not gonna say it's impossible to build a team without it because if definately isn't, but it is extremely appreciated overall for nearly any playstyle. While Earthquake seems counterproductive with Grassy Terrain, well, what can I do? Landorus-T's only other physical Ground-type STAB move is Bulldoze and Dig, the former which is also weakened by Grassy Terrain and the latter which is extremely unreliable.

Now once you take a look at my Landorus-T spread might get a little surprised by the unusal 252 Spe EVs. This is mainly used to outspeed Timid Heatran which is a huge threat to the team. It also helps me out against opposing Defensive Landorus-T by winning the Hidden Power [Ice] and giving Kartana more sweeping room. Figy Berry was used to make up for the loss in bulk, specially considering that Landorus-T is the team's sole awnser to most physical attackers, therefore Figy Berry really helps out on the longevity aspect.

Finally Stone Edge is used instead of the typical U-turn to better handle Mega Pinsir.

----------
--------

Hawlucha
@ Grassy Seed @
# Unburden #
* Adamant *
252 Atk EVs | 4 Def EVs | 0 SpA IVs | 252 Spe EVs
- High Jump Kick -
- Acrobactics -
- Roost -
- Swords Dance -

There's no going wrong with Hawlucha, this 'mon seems to fit on literally all my teams. Here it acts as a win condition against more offensive teams, most notably making the team's matchup against HO a lot better! It's only real weakness flaw against HO is Mega Pinsir, which is the exact reason I have Smart Strike on Kartana and Stone Edge on Landorus-T.

Against more Balanced teams, however, when Kartana is looking like a better win condition, Hawlucha can be used as a revenge killer to thie likes of Shift Gear Magearna and Flynium Z Dragon Dance Gyarados.

--------
---------

Tapu Bulu
@ Assault Vest @
# Grassy Surge #
* Adamant *
248 HP EVs | 60 Atk EVs | 0 SpA IVs | 56 SpD EVs | 144 Spe EVs
- Wood Hammer -
- Horn Leech -
- Nature's Madness -
- Superpower -

Standard Assault Vest Tapu Bulu helps the team out against Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, and Tapu Lele, three deadly Pokémon otherwise. It functions as some sort of sponge to any Special Attacker not covered by Toxapex, and of course, supports Kartana and Hawlucha with Grassy Terrain. For those unaware, this EV Spread allows it to outspeed Adamant Tyranitar and 2HKO Clefable with Nature's Madness into Wood Hammer.

---------
---------

Magnezone
@ Life Orb @
# Magnet Pull #
* Modest *
0 Atk IVs | 4 Def EVs | 252 SpA EVs | 252 Spe EVs
- Thunderbolt -
- Flash Cannon -
- Hidden Power [Fire] -
- Substitute -

Magnezone's role is to trap and KO Celesteela and Skarmory for Kartana, it overall acts as a very reliable Special Wallbreaker which the team didn't really have. Life Orb and Substitute isn't the best combination out there, but Kartana was already holding a Z-Crystal, so I went with Life Orb anyways which is actually quite a boost to Magnezone's power.

Life Orb and Substitute damage are also mitigated by Grassy Terrain, which is often active when Magnezone comes in, considering how Celesteela and Skarmory like to pivot into Tapu Bulu, which gives me a free switch in to Magnezone.

---------
-------

Kartana
@ Grassium Z @
# Beast Boost #
* Jolly *
252 Atk EVs | 4 Def EVs | 0 SpA IVs | 252 Spe EVs
- Leaf Blade -
- Smart Strike -
- Sacred Sword -
- Swords Dance -

This is the standard Swords Dance Kartana set, which is the main focus of the team, this Pokémon is really really good, and I know it wants revenge against everyone that talked shit about it early SM. Smart Strike is prefered over Defog simply due to how threatening Magearna and Mega Pinsir are to the team, but Defog works in that slot too, I guess. For the team, Kartana often acts as a win condition against bulkier teams, whereas Hawlucha does the same for more Offensive builds. Try to make it so Grassy Terrain is active when you're planning to sweep with it by the way, as it's firepower gets ridiculous under Grassy Terrain.

-------
-------

Toxapex
@ Payapa Berry @
# Regenerator #
* Calm *
248 HP EVs | 0 Atk IVs | 8 Def EVs | 252 SpD EVs
- Scald -
- Toxic Spikes -
- Recover -
- Haze -

And to round things off we have Master Pex holding a Payapa Berry. What? I know what you're thinking, but Payapa Berry Toxapex is legit, I can't really recall who used it but I'm prettys sure it was used in a major OU tour or two, either way, Payapa helps me out against Psychium Z Volcarona, which would otherwise force me to use Hawlucha to revenge kill it, which may be unfavorable against Offense. It also helps me pivot into Tapu Lele and Mega Medicham with much more ease, allowing me to fish for a Scald Burn if I have to. Overall, Toxapex acts as a sponge to the team, checking pretty much anything Landorus-T and Tapu Bulu can't cover.

-------
Importable

(click the sprites)
--------
Overall, thank you for reading this RMT, I hope you have fun using my team :)

Hey Exploudit, nice team you've built and I really like how it looks. Hawlucha is generally used alongside tapu koko so pairing it with tapu bulu seems very cool. I found a big threat though and it is Zapdos. Actually, you're really weak to this Pokemon and since it is one of the best hawucha counters, which is one of your win conditions, it's problematic. Then, the lack of speed control is also a problem in my opinion, you have no scarfers, so a way to revenge kill a fast Pokemon, and this is needed on the kind of team you have. Anyway, I have some suggestions that might improve your team so let's start!

>
I'm getting rid of your second win condition but I think it's worth it. As I said, Zapdos is a big threat for your team and Clefable is a great way to deal with it as well as Mega-Medicham's that lack Zen Headbutt. You run here, a SR + CM set, which is able to set SR against a plenty of defoggers, in particular Zapdos and it also is able to force out Zapdos by spamming CM + Moonblast. Lastly, since Clef is your rocker, it lets you run something else or even change the entire set of Lando-t which is not bad.

>
I first thought it would be cool to give choice scarf to Magnezone and just keep Lando-t defensive but the team still lacks of speed control, so I'd go for scarfer Lando-t. It has been really good these past weeks and it gives you some speed control that is always appreciate. Since you don't need SR anymore, you may run Defog instead.

OR
First, I don't think LO Mag is worth using it. Then, both sets could work imo. Z-Move Mag is cool because it allows you to "lure" stuff that is somehow threatening for Hawlucha, such as Lando-t. On the other hand, the choice scarf makes your matchup against kartana easier as well as mega-pinsir's which even if he hasn't been popular these days, is still a threat.

Trosking (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

Hawlucha (M) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind

Toxapex (F) @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Trosking (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Hawlucha (M) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind

Toxapex (F) @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Hope the changes will work out, the team you built stays really good ;]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)