Eviolite (Little Cup edition)

But why use Evolution Stone when you already have Simple Stockpile to your advantage? It's a waste of an Item slot, if you're setting up, make sure it is on something you don't need an Evo Stone for doing so. After a single Stockpile, you've gone way after the boosts Evolution Stone provides, making Leftovers a superior choice for the long run.

3+ Stockpile = 6+ in each defense.
Wouldn't it instead just make you get to +3 quicker? The first boost is +2, the second is +1 and you're done? Wait, no... I'm dumb. You can Stockpile up to 3, the boost doubling probably doesn't affect that. Derp. ._.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd support a ban on Evolution Stone, but my beef with it is because except for Zuruggu, it generally encourages a new playstyle. A minor test of a Evo Stone-less metagame would settle things.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd support a ban on Evolution Stone, but my beef with it is because except for Zuruggu, it generally encourages a new playstyle. A minor test of a Evo Stone-less metagame would settle things.
No. No. No. Nononononono.

This mindset is absolutely unacceptable. There is no "this encourages a playstyle i don't like ban it". This is a mindset based on "i liked 4th gen LC, let's try to make 5th gen LC more similar to it", which is ridiculous beyond belief. This is a new generation, a new metagame, a new roster of valid playstyles. You want to argue that something breaks the metagame, go for it. But to say "i don't like this because it encourages something new" is completely batshit insane, and I hope to god that people aren't voting with this mindset.

No. No. No. Nononononono.

This mindset is absolutely unacceptable. There is no "this encourages a playstyle i don't like ban it". This is a mindset based on "i liked 4th gen LC, let's try to make 5th gen LC more similar to it", which is ridiculous beyond belief. This is a new generation, a new metagame, a new roster of valid playstyles. You want to argue that something breaks the metagame, go for it. But to say "i don't like this because it encourages something new" is completely batshit insane, and I hope to god that people aren't voting with this mindset.
QFT

Every metagame is different from the last. Banning something because it changes the game is ridiculous. There's a big difference between changing the game and breaking it.

That said, I like the effect Evo Stone has on the metagame. It slows it down a bit, and reminds me a bit of the late Gen IV OU (Albeit still more offensive). Zuruggu is the only Pokemon I've used where this item really seems to go too far. But even so, Zuruggu is still countered by some common Pokemon. Scarf Kojondo, ScarfKrow, Scarf Doduo, etc. I actually played against Vader, who countered me with a bunch of Fake Out/priority users and was able to almost KO my Zuruggu with minimal damage done to his team. The only reason he failed was that I got two Freeze haxes (Which is lame). He would've easily stopped me otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)