1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Programming Excel Pokedex V4.0

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by kaonohiokala, Jan 30, 2009.

1. kaonohiokala

kaonohiokala

Okay, so I've made an Excel Pokedex a while back, and it's helped me with various things in competitive battling and in-game as well. Here's all the things I've included:
    • Name
    • Pokedex Number (Evo Group, National, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh)
    • Pokemon Name
    • Base Stats (HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef, Spd)
    • Base Stat Total
    • Type
    • Ability
    • Low Kick/Grass Knot damage
    • EV Worth
    • Current tier
    • Gender ratio
    • Evolution method
    PREVIEW:

[​IMG]

It can be downloaded here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FIUTNR8L

THE RIGHT ONE THIS TIME
  2. timba

timba

It sure looks nice and user friendly.

I like the GK/LK base power of every pokemon.

However, I think that CotH has made a better look-up table with even a stat calculator and damage calculator.
  3. Malfunction

Malfunction

4. CardsOfTheHeart

CardsOfTheHeart

The tables in my Resource are more geared for the competitive side of things. This table has more information that is useful ingame such as EV values and each Pokemon's abilities; it's more like a "Pokedex" because of that.

It's certainly useful to have the EV values handy, though. I'm tired of constantly going to Serebii to double-check those.

*downloads
  5. Deck Knight

Deck Knight October Surprise
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

For whatever reason, the megaupload version only has columns up to Type II, though it does have evolution information without a heading.
  6. IceTime

IceTime

real thorough and stuff, especially the EV bit, looks like you put a lot of effort into it, great job.
  7. DragonKnight900

DragonKnight900

Great Job!

I'm sure this took a lot of work but many people will find this useful so it was worth it.
  8. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

thanks for the dex, i love the auto access to evs thing.
  9. Veedrock

Veedrock

Had the same problem.

Does the (real) 'Dex have egg groups?
  10. Darkflagrance

Darkflagrance

I assume the link goes to an older version of the dex. However, I am definitely certain that many people would appreciate the full version; at least, I certainly would.
  11. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

I had RB Golbat move this to C&C because this is more the place for user-created applets/databases such as this.
  12. RBG

RBG But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

I did it on my free will :p Darkie made me do nothing

I was planing on moving it, i just wanted to leave it there a bit so others could see it before it was moved

And this is a cool tool. Are there any updates planned?
  13. foibles

foibles

This looks awesome. A lot easier then sifting through serebii every time im doing something.

But you should add hatch steps.
  14. Caelum

Caelum qibz official stalker
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The only thing worse than "lol this is cool" posts are "lol I moved this thread" posts :pirate:

Few changes I'd suggest.

Update it with the English translations. For example, under Magnezone you had "level @ Tengan Mt." you have that a few times

Under Chimecho you spelled it "nite friendship" (I'm assuming you mean night). Under Froslass you have "Awakening StoneF".

Reaper Cloth > Spirit World Cloth

Oval Stone > Round Stone

etc. etc. etc.

Consider adding Shaymin-S and the new rotom formes as well.

Assuming you even plan to update it those are the changes I'd suggest.
  15. kaonohiokala

kaonohiokala

Okay, as for all of these things, they have all been added. Darkflagrance was correct. I accidentally uploaded an older version. Please delete that one and download this one. That one had a few errors as well. Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FIUTNR8L

I'll update the first post as well.

I'll add things if people suggest it. So I'll probably add egg groups and hatch steps on the next update.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)