Excel Pokedex V5.14! Smogon tiers and legal DW abilities here! [OUTDATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview and Download new Excel Pokedex V5.14 here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...xNoDLdDhQeHlXS0RuRDVwdzlsbE1RLXBmT0E&hl=en_US

Here's a little thing I've been compiling over the years, and now I'm making it available to the Smogon community. Basically, it's a user-friendly compilation of of useful Pokemon information. Thus far, all competitive-related information is fully updated, with the less important things (such as egg groups) only partially complete, and may be completed upon request. Updates in red.

• All Pokedex numbers (National, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, as well as Personal which sorts Pokemon with their evolution families)
  • Pokemon names colored by generation
  • Easy-to-read base stats for each stat as well as total
  • Color-coded typing
  • All abilities, with easily visible released hidden (Dream World) abilities and "invisible" unreleased DW abilities (UPDATE: DW Pikachu line has been released!)
  • Hidden Pokemon abilities only released as male have been colored blue (not counting already male-only Pokemon such as Tauros)
  • Released Uber abilities highlighted to correspond with the Uber tier, same for released BL abilities. Also, while mostly for fun, I've colored abilities limited to certain tiers appropriately (ex: Victory Star has UU colors).
  • Color-coded Smogon tiers (as of 7/23/11)! Includes Uber, OU, BL, UU, RU, and the makeshift NU.
  • Mass (for Heat Crash and Heavy Slam calcs)
  • Low Kick/Grass Knot (LK/GK) damage value
  • EV worth
  • EXP worth
  • Hatch step count (100% complete)
  • Color-coded gender ratio (Blue for Male, Pink for Female [shades for the two dependent on ratio],Gray for None)
  • Egg groups (100% complete)
  • Catch rate
  • EXP to get to Lv. 100
  • Pokemon color according to Pokedex
  • Method of evolution
  • All contained in easy-to-use, sortable Excel document formatting!Improved "title row" and "title column" making the Pokedex much easier to use!
  • Unovadex tab for in-game or VGC 2011 usage!
  • Minor edits for V5.14: Fixed Zoroark's tier and gave Woobat the hatch step count it was missing.
I'm also open to tips/suggestions for the Pokedex to be improved.

Alright thanks. Out of the tons of people viewing and downloading it, the first poster of this topic posts that. >_>

Anyways, I've seen that one recently and have downloaded it for myself. My Pokedex offers a few different things here and there in terms of solid Pokemon data, but the other definitely has a lot of different quirks to it.

I downloaded it, its great if you want to look over a pokemon breifly. I was hoping for some sort of database with moves as well

Thanks for the Excel sheet. I'm using it as a datasource for a small team builder spreadsheet I made.

Btw, what are the LK/GK columns for?

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ctrl-P works for Veekun.
veekun doesn't display all of this data at once like the spreadsheet does, and requires internet access to utilize. If you want to check something about a pokemon, but you're on the road or a hotel with no internet, this spreadsheet will work. It can also be printed off and stuff very quickly looked up, even without a computer, which is definitely something veekun can't do.

Bottom line: they're both useful tools, but there's no reason to bash this mindlessly when it does in fact have some use.

kaonohiokala,

I was able to utilize your spreadsheet as a basis and create the following interactive graph/dashboard. I think it might be useful as a companion piece to all this awesome data you pulled together. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions or any recommendations on how to improve. From there we can update the first post. I am also thinking about submitting to GameFAQs (with all credits of course) but please let me know if you have any thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Mullins

http://public.tableausoftware.com/v...tatsBreakout?:embed=yes&:toolbar=yes&:tabs=no

I updated a few things, it's not much but it's something, and it'll help mullinsmcd with his interactive graph/dashboard (hopefully).

• Color-coded Smogon tiers (as of April/May 2011).
  • Unovadex tab for in-game or VGC 2011 usage.
  • Released Uber abilities highlighted to correspond with the Uber tier.
  • Color-coded "None" genders gray as requested by Gigugugi.
  • New easier-to-use formatting as requested by supermath64.

Just to make the genders more obvious maybe you should highlight no genders gray. As is, neutral and none just blend together.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Might I suggest dragging the blue bar on the left side down one row so that when you scroll down, the labels still stay there? (hard to describe)

Like there's that blue horizontal bar right above the number 1 on the right side. Drag that down to in between 1 and 2.

Just to make the genders more obvious maybe you should highlight no genders gray. As is, neutral and none just blend together.
Done! Added it to the current update (V5.12).

Might I suggest dragging the blue bar on the left side down one row so that when you scroll down, the labels still stay there? (hard to describe)

Like there's that blue horizontal bar right above the number 1 on the right side. Drag that down to in between 1 and 2.
Wow, thanks. Didn't even know about that! Made the change, now I can remove the other "title bars."

VERSION 5.13 NOW AVAILABLE!

• Released Uber abilities highlighted to correspond with the Uber tier, same for released BL abilities.
  • Color-coded Smogon tiers (as of April/May 2011)! Includes Uber, OU, BL, UU, and RU.
  • Improved "title row" and "title column" making the Pokedex much easier to use!
  • Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova dexes were all moved to the end to make room for a more accessible "title column."
Main change here is of course, the tiers. I was intending on waiting for the Round 4 OU bans, but with the exciting release of RU, I thought this would help a lot.

As usual, comments, requests, and feedback wanted!

Stop bashing it up! Provide constructive criticism instead, instead of 'Psydex FTW!' and 'Veekun!' This is useful for people like me who don't have home Net and have to rely on places like libraries to use it! Besides, a lot of effort went into this, AND it's very useful! This is great, kaonohiokola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)