ORAS UU Ex's and Oh's -- Trick Room Offence w/ a Camel

Aromatisse or Tangrowth?

• Total voters

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus

Who'd have thought Rob Schneider could father someone so talented?

Hi, everyone! You may know me from the UU room. I'll be straight with you: I'm in a very tough place in my life right now. I just spent a week in the hospital, broke up with my boyfriend, and quit my job, all for reasons I'd rather not get into. I know it may seem a little tacky to write an RMT, of all things, in the wake of such serious events, but honestly, I'm looking for any creative / productive outlet I can use to distract myself in this rather shitty situation. Trick Room is a really fun playstyle, although it's very matchup-reliant, thus making role compression the absolute most important thing you can get out of your teamslots. Therefore, I've chosen every 'mon and every moveslot extremely carefully to make it as airtight as possible. Despite this, however, I still have gaping weaknesses to certain 'mons, meaning this team often has mixed results. That said, there's no doubting that it's fun as hell on the ladder. Let's get to it!

A really underrated 'mon in this meta, IMO. Camerupt is the poke I built this team around, and while it's not always the star of the show, it provides great support through Stealth Rock and taking on the likes of Salamence, Chandelure, Chesnaught, and Entei. The only things that don't risk getting chunked on the switch Is Blissey, TBH (after Rocks Florges is a 2HKO !_!). I use it more or less like Entei, taking big fat chunks out of things to support my sweepers later on (If only I could burn things eh?). It also shuts down VolTurn and common support 'mons, such as Whimsicott, Sableye, and non-SpDef Zapdos (SpDef kinda 6-0's :/). I could use Flamethrower over Fire Blast to help alleviate this problem because Pressure is bullshit, but the cost in power would be huge.

This team's primary win condition. I use it as my secondary TR setter, since more often than not it likes to use its TR for its own purposes. It's able to set up on Cobalion, Suicune (which is huge), Florges, Blissey, Swampert, etc, making it a very nice balance breaker, although it can also blow through offence if it can get a free TR and / or Nasty Plot. Not much else to be said.

The village destroyer himself. Panda is my secondary win condition, as well as my stallbreaker. It provides some much needed physical wallbreaking power (You may have noticed that I have 5 special attackers!). The set is pretty straightforward. I don't SD all that often, partly because I don't have to, and partly because Pangoro is really pressured to click an attack to do its job. Thus, it doesn't really SD until the endgame, if at all. Even under TR, however, Pangoro is very prediction-reliant, since the opponent has to predict themselves and pivot around until they can revenge with TR down. It's pretty satisfying to punch Whimsi in the face with Gunk Shot when the opponent predicts a Knock Off though, not gonna lie. I could very easily give myself enough Speed to outspeed Umbreon outside of TR, but that compromises my effectiveness versus 'mons slower than base 60 in TR, which this tier has quite a few of.

The go-to TR setter and the most important 'mon on this team. This is because Slowking and Diancie generally keep their TR's to themselves. It's my primary counter to Mamoswine and Fighting types not named Heracross. I really wish I could fit Moonlight on this set, but I need all of its moves to maximize its effectiveness, and its bulk is insane enough for it to last as long as I need it to, anyway. No STAB may look odd, but Cress is weak enough for it not to matter. Colbur + Moonblast is there to lure Hydreigon, which is public enemy #1 for this team (Dark weakness is kind of a theme for this team, unfortunately), and Grass Knot is to lure Swampert, which is surprisingly not redundant, despite having Tangrowth, since Pert won't switch out. Lunar Dance is self-explanatory, and I usually pass it to either Camerupt, Slowking, or Diancie, although I can also pop it when under extreme pressure to get a guaranteed switch into something.

Shoutouts to hilarious for thinking of itemless Tangrowth, because this team was very, very desperate for a check to Crawdaunt and Krookodile. This is really the only teamslot that allows for any flexibility; every 'mon and every moveslot was chosen very carefully to be able to take on the majority of relevant mons in the meta. Dual STAB is obligatory, Focus Blast is to lure Hydreigon, and HP Ice is to lure Salamence. Due to the flexibility of this teamslot, I can possibly swap Tangrowth for Aromatisse, which would provide me with a third setter and a Hydreigon counter, which would be amazing (although Aromatisse's cry is fucking atrocious). Basically, I have to decide if I gets destroyed by Crawdaunt / Krook or Hydreigon. I really cannot emphasize enough how Dark weak I am. C'est la vie for Trick Room, unfortunately. If you have any suggestions for what to do with this teamslot, please let me know.

Setter #3. Diancie used to be Shuca offensive Empoleon, but I decided having a consistent Dragon, Dark, and Flying resist was much more effective than having a single-use 'mon that existed solely to trade. And while Lefties makes switching much easier, Shuca is another option that gives me backup versus Krookodile and DD EQ Mence. Diancie provides me with something resembling an Entei switch-in (252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Diancie: 103-122 (33.8 - 40.1%) -- 33.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery), which is a godsend. It also provides a much stronger Moonblast than Cresselia, and a much stronger Rock coverage than Camerupt (why is AncientPower one of two Rock type Special Attacks in the game smfh), meaning I have to rely far less on pivoting and lures to take on most Birds and Dragons. Diancie over Empoleon isn't a cost-free trade, however. Losing my Steel type makes my matchup versus Dragalge, Abomasnow, and Gyarados (fuck that thing) a living hell, since I have no direct switch-ins to either. Thankfully, the former two aren't terribly common, although they should be used far more than they are, so it's not
that big of a problem, but a gaping weakness nonetheless.

RETIRED MEMBERS

I have to use this 'mon very wisely. Basically I use it to snipe a single offensive threat (usually Mamo, Mence, Aero, or Gyara) and take pressure off of the rest of the team. Although this set has Defog, it very rarely gets the chance to do so, since it's so, so important to keep its HP high versus offensive teams. Thus, it rarely sees the light of day versus balance or stall, since it's more or less dedicated to softening my matchup versus offence. Basically, Empoleon is a clutch, single-use glue 'mon meant to take a single massive threat out of the game. Not much else to be said.

THREAT LIST
Remember what I said about being matchup-reliant?

Hoooooly shit am I weak to this thing (and Dark in general, but like I said, that's just the nature of TR). I have to play extremely carefully around Hydreigon, and allow it as few switch in opportunities as possible. All I have to take it on directly is Diancie, which has no recovery, so I have to keep my Room up as frequently as possible to pressure it. Thankfully, Diancie is fat as fuck, but relying on a single 'mon with no recovery is still not a good policy.

Slurpuff applies an insane amount of pressure to this team, since setting TR can sacrifice quite a bit of momentum if you aren't very proactive about it. If I let it set up outside of TR, it's literally gg, due to my lack of meaningful bulk and priority.

If it's a Tinted Lens variant, I basically have to fodder something every time this comes in. If it's Speed Boost (which is overrated af BTW), Diancie can switch in easily and blow it away with Diamond Storm. Get Rocks up as quickly as possible.

CM Moonblast variants literally 6-0. My best bet versus opposing Cress is to pray it doesn't have Moonblast and catch it alone with Pandaman. That's pretty much all I got.

I have no real SpDef presence so strong special attackers in general are a massive pain, but Shaymin in particular is a nuisance. It OHKO's everything but Tangrowth (which it 2HKO's) and Cressy, so I have to awkwardly pivot between those two and eventually catch it under TR once I've LO stalled it enough.

Even when not SpDef, Zapdos is just an annoying af mon in general. Although most sets aren't that troublesome, since they are walled by Camerupt, Sub sets (hate you if you use that BTW) and SpDef sets can solo my entire team very easily. Not even Diancie can break through because seriously fuck Pressure. All I can hope to do versus these is to set up with Panda / Slowking on something else before it comes in.

PLEASE BAN THIS POKEMON THANK YOU

IMPORTABLE

REPLAYS [WIP]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-361931414 -- Vs a cool team. Could've played the endgame far better, but it shows nearly every 'mon doing their job (Emp was kinda useless in this matchup). Also my opponent makes a don play turn 23.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-363881236 -- Room tourn final vs Eo Ut Mortus. Awesome game until we both choked on dicks last turn.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-363877284 -- Slowking blowing away an entire team, despite pressure from hazard stack.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-363875316 -- Manage to awkwardly play around my shit matchup vs Shaymin to pull through with Slowking late game.

Thank you all, and I hope your life is going better then mine!

SHOUTOUTS
Casuistry - You are a dank child.
Lilligant for OU - Also a dank child.
Cactrune - Great player and a really fun chat presence.
Island Spices - Thank you for tolerating my racist jokes.
Spoof - Great guy, great builder, great YouTuber.
LeoLancaster - Thank you for being a good fren :]
GrilledClawitzer - You're a great guy. Thank you for the many lengthy discussions.
YABO - Grats on RO!
Advantage - You're still tennis in our hearts.
Mahmudkipz AKA watfor - Tied with Leo for nicest mod.
r0ady - The best worst chat mod.
Thisbemyalt - Smart guy and great player.
malinowski - Fun guy and good builder. Keep up the great chat presence!
nv - Great guy, great player. Keep up the great work! :]
CoolStoryBrobat - UU's wise granddad. Could make a bumper sticker out of half the stuff you say :]

Last edited:
You have my sympathy with the things you're going through right now. Just look forward and enjoy life where you can. As for your team, I have to say, trick room is undoubtedly one of the funnest things to use on a team. I agree with your analysis of dark types being able to tear through your team. But I have some ideas that you could use for your team. With that said, I'll start with Camerupt.

Camerupt is a huge powerhouse and is nearly impossible to out-slow. It has good bulk to boot. When I first looked at the team, I didn't see dark types as a problem. In fact, I don't see anything more threatening to your team than Mega-Blastiose because it can potentially beat anything on your team. I think Camerupt is perfect for a trick room team, so I have no serious suggestions for it apart from possibly using flash cannon as a 4th attack or replacing ancient power. It would just cover Slurpuff and Florges primarily though, so it doesn't really do much else.

Slowking is a really good TR setter and as you said, a nice win condition. The main drawback to NP TR Slowking is the lack of recovery outside of Regenerator, which semi-defeats the purpose of using it as a sweeper depending on how you look at it. I don't really see a need to change Slowking in any way tbh.

Pangoro, aka the Village Crusher, is a force to be reckoned with. Just as you stated however, Pangoro is forced to rely on predictions if it wants to play its role well. I agree that it's difficult to use SD with Pangoro, just in general. I feel that you should use Parting Shot over Swords Dance because it gives you a relief from prediction, generates good momentum, and potentially gives you an easier time to reset trick room. It may change Pangoro from a sweeping stallbreaker to a wallbreaker, but Pangoro has the right coverage to threaten stall without needing any boosts anyway. The only other thing that you have the option of doing is to run 232 EVs in HP so you take slightly less damage from life orb, if I'm not mistaken about that number. The remaining EVs from doing that should go into defense to slightly ease priority attacks, such as Mamo's Ice Shard.

Cresselia is a gorgeous creature. A legend in fact. Cresselia is probably the best trick room setter in the whole metagame. I do have a strange suggestion of running more speed than either Adamant (209) or Jolly Crawdaunt (229), your preference, because it allows Cresselia to double as a lure for Crawdaunt outside of trick room, which can help you when you're trying to set up a trick room. I'd just take some investment out of defense to do that just so Cresselia stays as fat as possible.

Tangrowth is either a good fit or a bad fit for your team imo. On one hand, it checks water types apart from imaginary volcanion, checks Mence and Hydreigon, acts as a damn good tank with a super nice ability, and synergizes well on your team. On the other hand, Tangrowth's moveset is somewhat predictable and is potentially checked by the very things it is supposed to beat, especially outside of trick room. I think that you might really enjoy using Diancie, Forretress, Doublade, Dragalge, Porygon2, or Snorlax in place of Tangrowth. Diancie has really good bulk and can run either a calm mind set as a wincon or can set up trick room for itself and your team. Diancie is nearly an instant fix to dark types apart from Crawdaunt. Of course, the downside is losing a way to beat Mega-Pert and Blastoise; however, I think that being able to stop dragon types and dark types for your team is very much appreciated. Forretress would give you volt switch as a way of picking up momentum and offers hazard control. Forretress under trick room is pretty fast and regardless of trick room destroys Slurpuff even at +6 (when healthy). Gyro Ball can hit Dragon Dance Mence hard as well. Forretress also offers the option of spike stacking if you so choose. Doublade might seem out of the question at first because it further adds to your dark weakness. Upon closer inspection though, Doublade offers a decent wincon, decimates any common fairy, outspeeds everything under trick room with an insanely strong Gyro Ball to boot, and gives your team a second fighting type coverage as well as priority in shadow sneak. It would rely on trick room support more though, if it were to effectively beat some of the non-fairies on your threats list. Dragalge is not something you should take lightly. It's very fast under trick room and thanks to adaptability, hits everything for insane damage. Dragalge is also considerably bulky with its special defense, which can help you out. Under trick room, Dragalge wins against a number of the things on your threat list and just has great offensive presence in general. Porygon2 is such a good (annoying) wall-tank that really fits well on your team with great coverage and good strength. Porygon2 can really help you out with every water type in the and threatens both of the big bad dragons known as Flying Cerberus and Elvis Mencely. Snorlax would give you either a really fat tank with assault vest, wallbreaking tank with choice band/expert belt, or a pretty good win condition with its rest+talk set. It would of course be a more roundabout way of solving your primary team threats. But hey, it would be one way to go about it.

Empoleon just kind of stands on your team like an outcast. I just don't see how Empoleon helps your team apart from being a one-shot sniper. To me, that's just not an effective way to use something on your team. I definitely recommend using something to replace Empoleon. If you choose to keep Tangrowth, then I think you should just replace empoleon with one of the suggestions to replace Tangrowth with. If you do choose to change Tangrowth, then I think you should change Empoleon to bulky Rotom-C, Eelektross, Donphan, or Mamoswine. Depending on what you replace Tangrowth with, your Empoleon replacement will also change. For example, if you pick Forretress, then you get better sync with Mamo than the other three. Mamo and Rotom are counter-intuitive for a trick room team, but they both add valuable coverage, one offering priority and a possible use of freeze dry and the other being adept to grab momentum and use will-o-wisp. And the fact that they are counter-intuitive for trick room means that they are more valuable outside of trick room, while there are certain matchups within trick room that they can still use with great success, such as Mamo vs. Aero, Beedrill, Heracross, Hydreigon, Alakazam, Etc. or Rotom-C vs. Aero, Swampert-Mega in rain, Crobat, boosted Gyarados (and other things that boost speed), Etc. I personally would choose Forretress, Snorlax, or Porygon2 and Donphan/Eelektross/Keep-Tangrowth-and-replace-Empoleon. But that's just me.

Offensive Trick Room Diancie with bulk to act more as a powerful tank.
Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Atk / 20 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Offensive Trick Room Diancie (smogon set)
Diancie @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Defensive Calm Mind (you can change the spread around to your logical preference)
Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 16 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Defensive Forretress (you can run the smogon set too. I just like having a stronger Gyro Ball on Forretress personally if not more SpDef.)
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Swords Dance Doublade
Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword

Dragalge
Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
(you can use dragon pulse over shadow ball if you don't need the psychic type coverage. There is also an option to run black sludge, or a plate, but Specs makes switching into dragalge extremely dangerous for everything)

Offensive Porygon2
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
(you can replace Tri Attack or Thunderbolt with Trick Room if you so choose. Thunderbolt may also be replaced with another coverage move of choice as well.)

CurseLax (Slightly Modified from the smogon set)
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 172 HP / 160 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
(Body Slam is possible, just less effective for this mon's role on your team in general.)

Bear Banded Snorlax (smogon set. *I very much prefer an increase in physical defense as opposed to the already great special defense*)
Snorlax @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Don't Shoot The Bear Snorlax (extremely hard to take out on the special side.)
Snorlax @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Tank Donphan (moveset can be changed as needed and or wanted.)
Donphan @ Assault Vest / Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin

Elephant Power Donphan (modified spread from smogon set)
Donphan @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Defensive Spinner Donphan (smogon set)
Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Eels and Escalators (Assault Vest is 100% viable too. The moveset can be changed logically.)
Eelektross @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off

Ghost Mower (Rotom-C)
Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
(Thunderbolt is a usable option on either the 3rd or 4th moveslot. Spread may be changed as necessary.)

Pearls Before Mamoswine
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
(Knock Off, Stone Edge, and Superpower are all usable in place of Freeze-Dry. Freeze-Dry catches Swampert, Gyarados, and other water types off guard for pretty good damage, and OHKOs Swampert after some prior damage.)

I hope those suggestions help out a bit. I think I addressed everything, but let me know if there's anything I missed or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss about the team. Overall it's unique and fun. Best of luck.

Reactions: ehT

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
You have my sympathy with the things you're going through right now. Just look forward and enjoy life where you can. As for your team, I have to say, trick room is undoubtedly one of the funnest things to use on a team. I agree with your analysis of dark types being able to tear through your team. But I have some ideas that you could use for your team. With that said, I'll start with Camerupt.

Camerupt is a huge powerhouse and is nearly impossible to out-slow. It has good bulk to boot. When I first looked at the team, I didn't see dark types as a problem. In fact, I don't see anything more threatening to your team than Mega-Blastiose because it can potentially beat anything on your team. I think Camerupt is perfect for a trick room team, so I have no serious suggestions for it apart from possibly using flash cannon as a 4th attack or replacing ancient power. It would just cover Slurpuff and Florges primarily though, so it doesn't really do much else.

Slowking is a really good TR setter and as you said, a nice win condition. The main drawback to NP TR Slowking is the lack of recovery outside of Regenerator, which semi-defeats the purpose of using it as a sweeper depending on how you look at it. I don't really see a need to change Slowking in any way tbh.

Pangoro, aka the Village Crusher, is a force to be reckoned with. Just as you stated however, Pangoro is forced to rely on predictions if it wants to play its role well. I agree that it's difficult to use SD with Pangoro, just in general. I feel that you should use Parting Shot over Swords Dance because it gives you a relief from prediction, generates good momentum, and potentially gives you an easier time to reset trick room. It may change Pangoro from a sweeping stallbreaker to a wallbreaker, but Pangoro has the right coverage to threaten stall without needing any boosts anyway. The only other thing that you have the option of doing is to run 232 EVs in HP so you take slightly less damage from life orb, if I'm not mistaken about that number. The remaining EVs from doing that should go into defense to slightly ease priority attacks, such as Mamo's Ice Shard.

Cresselia is a gorgeous creature. A legend in fact. Cresselia is probably the best trick room setter in the whole metagame. I do have a strange suggestion of running more speed than either Adamant (209) or Jolly Crawdaunt (229), your preference, because it allows Cresselia to double as a lure for Crawdaunt outside of trick room, which can help you when you're trying to set up a trick room. I'd just take some investment out of defense to do that just so Cresselia stays as fat as possible.

Tangrowth is either a good fit or a bad fit for your team imo. On one hand, it checks water types apart from imaginary volcanion, checks Mence and Hydreigon, acts as a damn good tank with a super nice ability, and synergizes well on your team. On the other hand, Tangrowth's moveset is somewhat predictable and is potentially checked by the very things it is supposed to beat, especially outside of trick room. I think that you might really enjoy using Diancie, Forretress, Doublade, Dragalge, Porygon2, or Snorlax in place of Tangrowth. Diancie has really good bulk and can run either a calm mind set as a wincon or can set up trick room for itself and your team. Diancie is nearly an instant fix to dark types apart from Crawdaunt. Of course, the downside is losing a way to beat Mega-Pert and Blastoise; however, I think that being able to stop dragon types and dark types for your team is very much appreciated. Forretress would give you volt switch as a way of picking up momentum and offers hazard control. Forretress under trick room is pretty fast and regardless of trick room destroys Slurpuff even at +6 (when healthy). Gyro Ball can hit Dragon Dance Mence hard as well. Forretress also offers the option of spike stacking if you so choose. Doublade might seem out of the question at first because it further adds to your dark weakness. Upon closer inspection though, Doublade offers a decent wincon, decimates any common fairy, outspeeds everything under trick room with an insanely strong Gyro Ball to boot, and gives your team a second fighting type coverage as well as priority in shadow sneak. It would rely on trick room support more though, if it were to effectively beat some of the non-fairies on your threats list. Dragalge is not something you should take lightly. It's very fast under trick room and thanks to adaptability, hits everything for insane damage. Dragalge is also considerably bulky with its special defense, which can help you out. Under trick room, Dragalge wins against a number of the things on your threat list and just has great offensive presence in general. Porygon2 is such a good (annoying) wall-tank that really fits well on your team with great coverage and good strength. Porygon2 can really help you out with every water type in the and threatens both of the big bad dragons known as Flying Cerberus and Elvis Mencely. Snorlax would give you either a really fat tank with assault vest, wallbreaking tank with choice band/expert belt, or a pretty good win condition with its rest+talk set. It would of course be a more roundabout way of solving your primary team threats. But hey, it would be one way to go about it.

Empoleon just kind of stands on your team like an outcast. I just don't see how Empoleon helps your team apart from being a one-shot sniper. To me, that's just not an effective way to use something on your team. I definitely recommend using something to replace Empoleon. If you choose to keep Tangrowth, then I think you should just replace empoleon with one of the suggestions to replace Tangrowth with. If you do choose to change Tangrowth, then I think you should change Empoleon to bulky Rotom-C, Eelektross, Donphan, or Mamoswine. Depending on what you replace Tangrowth with, your Empoleon replacement will also change. For example, if you pick Forretress, then you get better sync with Mamo than the other three. Mamo and Rotom are counter-intuitive for a trick room team, but they both add valuable coverage, one offering priority and a possible use of freeze dry and the other being adept to grab momentum and use will-o-wisp. And the fact that they are counter-intuitive for trick room means that they are more valuable outside of trick room, while there are certain matchups within trick room that they can still use with great success, such as Mamo vs. Aero, Beedrill, Heracross, Hydreigon, Alakazam, Etc. or Rotom-C vs. Aero, Swampert-Mega in rain, Crobat, boosted Gyarados (and other things that boost speed), Etc. I personally would choose Forretress, Snorlax, or Porygon2 and Donphan/Eelektross/Keep-Tangrowth-and-replace-Empoleon. But that's just me.

Offensive Trick Room Diancie with bulk to act more as a powerful tank.
Diancie @ Life Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Atk / 20 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Offensive Trick Room Diancie (smogon set)
Diancie @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Defensive Calm Mind (you can change the spread around to your logical preference)
Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 16 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Defensive Forretress (you can run the smogon set too. I just like having a stronger Gyro Ball on Forretress personally if not more SpDef.)
Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Swords Dance Doublade
Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword

Dragalge
Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
(you can use dragon pulse over shadow ball if you don't need the psychic type coverage. There is also an option to run black sludge, or a plate, but Specs makes switching into dragalge extremely dangerous for everything)

Offensive Porygon2
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Quiet Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
(you can replace Tri Attack or Thunderbolt with Trick Room if you so choose. Thunderbolt may also be replaced with another coverage move of choice as well.)

CurseLax (Slightly Modified from the smogon set)
Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 160 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
(Body Slam is possible, just less effective for this mon's role on your team in general.)

Bear Banded Snorlax (smogon set. *I very much prefer an increase in physical defense as opposed to the already great special defense*)
Snorlax @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Don't Shoot The Bear Snorlax (extremely hard to take out on the special side.)
Snorlax @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Tank Donphan (moveset can be changed as needed and or wanted.)
Donphan @ Assault Vest / Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin

Elephant Power Donphan (modified spread from smogon set)
Donphan @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Defensive Spinner Donphan (smogon set)
Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Eels and Escalators (Assault Vest is 100% viable too. The moveset can be changed logically.)
Eelektross @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off

Ghost Mower (Rotom-C)
Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
(Thunderbolt is a usable option on either the 3rd or 4th moveslot. Spread may be changed as necessary.)

Pearls Before Mamoswine
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
(Knock Off, Stone Edge, and Superpower are all usable in place of Freeze-Dry. Freeze-Dry catches Swampert, Gyarados, and other water types off guard for pretty good damage, and OHKOs Swampert after some prior damage.)

I hope those suggestions help out a bit. I think I addressed everything, but let me know if there's anything I missed or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss about the team. Overall it's unique and fun. Best of luck.
Wow, didn't expect someone to rewrite the entire RMT! LOL

But in all seriousness, thank you for the suggestions. I considered almost all of them, because you made a shit-ton of them, but in the end I decided on mix Diancie > Empoleon (You can see a more in-depth rationale in the OP, which I updated.). You're right that having a poke that exists solely to trade is essentially like playing with 5 'mons in the majority of matchups, so I decided on something much more consistent. It also gives me a 3rd setter and some meaningful bulk (Still not enough to take on Slurpuff tho: +6 252 Atk Slurpuff Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 298-352 (98 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO) at the cost of hazard control. TR is basically fat HO, so you have to play balls out and always keep momentum on your side or get blown away, making Defog too more trouble than it's worth. Thank you for the rate and the good wishes!

Last edited:
Wow, didn't expect someone to rewrite the entire RMT! LOL

But in all seriousness, thank you for the suggestions. I considered almost all of them, because you made a shit-ton of them, but in the end I decided on mix Diancie > Empoleon (You can see a more in-depth rationale in the OP, which I updated.). You're right that having a poke that exists solely to trade is essentially like playing with 5 'mons in the majority of matchups, so I decided on something much more consistent. It also gives me a 3rd setter and some meaningful bulk (Still not enough to take on Slurpuff tho: +6 252 Atk Slurpuff Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 298-352 (98 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO) at the cost of hazard control. TR is basically fat HO, so you have to play balls out and always keep momentum on your side or get blown away, making Defog too more trouble than it's worth. Thank you for the rate and the good wishes!
Thanks mate. I'm glad I could help. Slurpuff is always an issue to think about, but the best way to stop Slurpuff is to hit it as hard as you can while it's in front of you before it gets its unburden + Attack boost. I honestly don't see it as a huge threat for you if you "play balls out"

Reactions: ehT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)