Experienced Old-School Player Contact List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hello everyone,

In light of seeing the new activity here in the Old Gens, it's pretty apparent there really isn't a system in place to determine whether or not an analysis is good or not, and when it's ready for GP checks and to go onsite.

So, to remedy this, I want to assemble a team of old-school members that will be a part of a contact list, that when contacted by a contributor, will check analyses and "approve" them when they're up to a certain quality and ready to get GP checks so they can go onsite.

Your responsibilities as a contact list member would be to answer any PM/VMs you get from contributors asking to take a look at their analysis and post an approval if you think it looks good. Analyses would require 2 approvals. Those members of the contact list would not be required to constantly pay attention to the forum or have any responsibility beyond being willing to respond to their VM/PMs on the forums.

However, I have to stress that you have to be willing to respond to any and all VM/PMs on the forums that concern any activity here in the ADV/GSC/RBY forum.

Even if you're not contacted but you're a part of this contact list, feel free to approve analyses when you think they're up to your standards.

This is basically like a loose QC team, except you're only responsibility is to respond to your VM/PMs on the forums. If you're not going to be willing to respond, don't bother signing up please!

Aight, I need people for all three generations, so just post with what gens you feel you have a deep understanding of and I'll add you to the list.

HUGE THANK YOU to any and all people that are willing to do this!

ADV

BKC
Conflict *Experience in Ubers
cookie *Experience in UU
Floppy *Experience in Ubers and UU
gene
JabbaTheGriffin
M Dragon *Experience in Ubers
McMeghan
Oglemi (NU only)
Piexplode (NU only)
Royal Flush
Tamahome
Triangles
zarator

GSC

Bedschibaer
Conflict *Experience in Ubers
Crystal_
Floppy
gene
Jorgen
Royal Flush
Tamahome
Waterbomb *Experienced in UU
zarator

RBY

Conflict
Crystal_ *Experience in Ubers
Floppy
gene
JabbaTheGriffin
Jorgen
Pocket
Royal Flush
zarator

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I do not believe I am the MOST knowledgeable person here, but I do have past play experience and an overall good understanding of the past metagames, so sign me in for all 3.

I'm pretty rusty as far as actually playing these three gens, but I'm active, was around for all of Gen 3, a good chunk of Gen 2, and am probably better at RBY than either of them at this point, so I should be more than theory-competent enough for QC-type stuff. Could help with all three if there isn't an influx of players playing them more actively, but would probably be best in Gen 1 and 2 since the Advance you guys play today doesn't run quite the same as it did eight years ago, so my metagame expectations might be a little dated.

I have experience of RBY and GSC (it's the only two gens I actually play) and I'll gladly sign up for these two! I've also write two RBY analyses and I'm looking forward to write some more when I have the time.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I want all RBY analyses to have my approval before going on site. At least until this becomes an actual serious bottleneck.

But yea, please pm me when someone posts any rby article, I often dont notice them..

Desolate

Banned deucer.
As I return from a hiatus and ease back into the community, it'd be nice to have something like this to strive to be active for. I do play ADV competitively, and while I'm not the best player, I do make observations about the generation, which would be useful in application to articles. I also have a good handle on English, may it be spelling, grammar, etc.

Needless to say, the desired generation I'd like would be ADV, but I have no problem accepting responsibility for articles of other gens.

I can help with all three. I play them all actively.

I also play ADV UU/ubers but not NU, GSC Ubers but not UU, and RBY Ubers but not UU (I played the old RBY UU but BL got merged with it and I have only played like 4-5 games of it after the change). I'm not as familiar with these as with OU though.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Thank you everybody that has signed up thus far!

Also, if you do happen to have experience in ADV UU or Ubers, please let me know that too, since we are now able to split them thanks to the tabs.

I also play RBY ubers and I used to play RBY BL (aka Smogon's current UU) last year, but I pretty much have no experience with BL, so only sign me up for RBY Ubers. I'm also familiar with PO's and RBY2K10's RBY UU and RBY NU if that counts for anything.

Anyway I'm pretty sure nobody has played enough of smogon's RBY UU to make good analyses though.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
We dont want analyses of RBY UU. Maybe an article would suffice, I dont really know how necessary that is either.

Oglemi

Borf
yeah we won't be doing UU RBY or GSC UU analyses as far as I'm concerned, however ADV UU and Ubers were played enough (and there are still tournaments surrounding it) that it would warrant analyses for them somewhere down the road.

An article on RBY/GSC UU would be really cool though.

It will be nice if the OP shows which sets have already been updated. For now I think it's been just RBY Snorlax and some ADV things like ttar and zapdos, but I don't know exactly which or how many (although ADV updates don't have anything to do with me, in general, I guess it would be better to show what has already been updated).

I have relatively good experience in any of these metagames - in particular for what concerns GSC and RBY. I can help (and indeed I already did when it came by) with anything regarding them.

Oglemi

Borf
Alright this seems like a good crew, if you're still interested let me know through PM. I'm closing this thread for now. Thank you to all that signed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)