1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Expert] Dog-Eat-Dog Mafia Signups

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by askaninjask, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. askaninjask

askaninjask [FLAIL ARMS]
    is a Forum Moderator

Approved by Gmax

[​IMG]

Welcome to the newest installment of Expert Mafia, Dog-Eat-Dog Mafia (don't worry, it has nothing to do with the terrible game show of the same name).

The story:

One day, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was at his house, watching TV with some friends when the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show dame on. They were watching, bored, for a few minutes, when one of them had a great idea:

“What if instead of judging dogs on how well they’re groomed, we judge dogs on how well they do in a fight? That’s how a real man would judge dogs.”

“That is a great idea,” replied Michael Vick. “Let’s get a bunch of dogs of different breeds and let them duke it out in my basement!

“Yeah, totally! We’ll get around 30 of them and make them fight it out all at once!” replied his friend.

“I could be down. So we just put 30 dogs in a cage and let them fight until there is only one dog remaining?”

“Sounds good to me!”

-----------------------

Read the rules. This game is unlike any other that’s been played on this site. You won’t know how to play if you don’t read the rules.

the rules (open)
    1.) While alive you may talk to whomever you want about whatever you want. While dead you may not talk about the game with alive players. Information can’t be passed from a dead player to a living one, even information that was given to a player before death.

2.) Each player in the game is out for himself, and identical in power (at the start of the game) to every other player.

3.) Every player has a role name and a target. You will be told the role name of your target, but you will not know his or her Smogon identity. Upon death, a user’s role name will be revealed, but his target will not be shown.

4.) Every cycle, each player may send in a PM with a Smogon user they wish to kill. If the Smogon user is their target, that user will die. If the chosen user is not their target, that user will live and he will not be notified of anything.

4.1) The PM should look something like “Cycle X - Killing <user>”. You can add extra flavor in if you’d like (so long as I can still tell it’s a kill); I’ll try to add it in.

5.) If you manage to kill your target, you are assigned a new target. Your new target will be the target of the person you have just killed. The targets are arranged in such a way that there will ideally be only one user left. (That is, if the game contained 3 people, Ding, Bang, and Fung, Ding would need to kill Bang, Bang would need to kill Fung, and Fung would need to kill Ding).

5.1) End-game ties are possible. In this case, a series of tie-breaking procedures will take place. If one user has more hooks/protections left than the other (see rule 6), that user will obviously win. If both users have the same number of hooks and protections, these are the tiebreakers:
    • A.) Number of successful kills
    • B.) Number of successful CPRs (see rule 13)
    • C.) Number of kills of the people killed by each user
    • D.) If you really get this far and it’s still a tie, you’ll share a win with whoever you’re tying with.
    6.) Should you successfully kill a target, you will acquire a hook or a protection. You acquire one of these per successful kill. You do not have to choose between getting a hook or a protection until it comes time to use them.

In other words: you get a hook/protection for each kill. It’s one time use, and you get one for each kill you make.

6.1) In order to send in a hook PM, you must PM askaninjask “Cycle X - Stopping <user1> from killing <user2>.” <user2> may be yourself. If <user1>’s target is not <user2>, he will not be hooked. Hooks only stops actions of killing. This lowers your hook/protection count by one.

6.2) In order to send in a protection PM, you must PM askaninjask “Cycle X - Protecting myself”. You will be immune from kills during that cycle. You may only target yourself with protections. This lowers your hook/protection count by one.

7.) You can talk to me and paste your conversations. You may also, obviously, fake logs with me or anyone else. Please don’t fake logs about me clarifying a rule. Although it’s not banned, that’s pretty dirty.

8.) There is no lynch in this game.

9.) Each cycle will have a span of 48 hours. Deadlines will be strict, I don’t care if you don’t get your PM in on time. It’s only your loss not to send in a PM.

10.) All users have the same base priority. This entails that you can successfully kill on a night in which you are killed.

11.) No items in this game.

12.) All PMs are to be sent to askaninjask.

COMBINED POWER ROLES
    13.) During any cycle, two or more users may join forces and execute one of many Combined Power Roles (CPRs). You may kill, hook or protect, and execute a CPR in the same cycle, however you may only attempt 1 CPR per cycle.

14.) In order to execute a CPR, you and your partner(s) must send in a PM that looks something like this: “Inspecting the win condition of <user> with <friend1> and <friend2>”. You, friend1, and friend2 must all send in the PM, otherwise the action will go through for none of you. If all three users send in a PM, then the results of the inspection will go to all of them.

15.) You cannot do the same CPR with the same group of users two cycles in a row.

16.) The possible CPRs are these:
    2 people: Role name inspection (returns the role name of the user you choose).
    2 people: Lower priority for a user.
    3 people: Target inspection (returns the role name of the kill target of the person you choose).
    5 people: Raise priority for all users involved.

-----------------

Signups:
    Thorns
    Veedrock
    Kharozz
    billymills
    polelover44
    UncleSam
    Aura Guardian
    THE_IRON_KENYAN
    shade
    reyscarface
    Yeti
    Johann
    Da Letter El
    Altair
    Blue Tornado
    coolking49
    Earthworm
    Fangren
    jigglypuffers42
    imperfectluck
    Nachos
    theangryscientist
    GoldenKnight
    Rare555
    Mekkah
    Bass
    Nook
    Crux
    Eo Ut Mortus
    assassinfred
    zorbees
    Flamestrike
    lambasto
    Lightwolf
    midou
    Agape
    LifeAdmiral
    Quagsires
    Anachronism
    danmantincan
  2. Altair

Altair just who is the coon?

this looks like an excellent game askaninjask

can I join this game askaninjask
  3. UncleSam

UncleSam

Lemme In please. :D
  4. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

in

ps FUCK d24
  5. Johann

Johann

6. porygon3

porygon3

askaninjask i am here to kill altair
  7. theangryscientist

theangryscientist

8. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

wankaninjask
  9. polelover44

polelover44

might as well try, though I doubt I'll get in

woof.
  10. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

Let's do this!
  11. THE_IRON_KENYAN

THE_IRON_KENYAN 0 vv 0
    is a Forum Moderator

12. imperfectluck

imperfectluck
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournament

13. assassinfred

assassinfred

in. Sounds awesome.
  14. Yeti

Yeti

hi
    in
    ????????
  15. Thorns

Thorns

in until reyscarface signs up
  16. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

In to represent my dog :D
  17. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

looks awesome. in
  18. Bass

Bass Brother in arms
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Sounds fun. In please.
  19. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

20. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

on the dog eats the dog
  21. Thorns

Thorns

22. Veedrock

Veedrock

Priority pro
  23. Veedrock

Veedrock

24. Kharozz

Kharozz

in please
  25. shade

shade sweet like sugar
    is a Forum Moderator

lets go
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)