[Expert] No-Playerlist Mafia (Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Approved by billymills and LightWolf

In a land where everyone is invisible, no one can see you scream. They can hear you, though.

Welcome to No-Playerlist Mafia
The game you’re telling everyone you aren’t signing up for.

SIGNUPS FOR THIS GAME ARE DIFFERENT FROM NORMAL. IT'S EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE YOU POST.

During Signups:
  • There will be no playerlist posted in the OP for this game. As a result, signups will be handled differently than normal. Instead of just posting in the thread to sign up, you may also PM askaninjask or Daenym or contact us on IRC to express your interest in playing the game. All signup posts in this thread will be considered, but any PM/IRC signups are also valid.
  • To be eligible to join via PM/IRC, you must have played in at least one Standard or Expert mafia game within the last year. Anyone else who wants to join must post in-thread.
  • This may sound crazy, but if you would like you may also post in the thread to sign up, but then contact the hosts via PM/IRC and say you do not want to actually be chosen as a player.
  • While this game is "Expert", we will consider many players of different levels of experience. Please DO sign up if you have any desire whatsoever to play, regardless of "skill level". But only if you're going to actually be able to play well and not go inactive/sub out.
  • If you do not plan on playing in this game and you wish not to be disturbed by any players asking you whether you are in the game, feel free to let us know and we'll put you on the "Cannot be assed to care about this game" list. Players on this list will be for sure not in the game, and will not be bothered by players in the game searching for other players.

For Players:
1. There is no posted playerlist. Kind of the point of the game. There are as many as 30 players.
2. You may not share role PMs during Night 0. Starting on Day 1 you may share your role PMs freely. However, no screenshots. Also, no impersonating hosts/other players.
3. You may not talk to any dead player about the game. Other than that, you can talk to everyone, but you should definitely exercise caution when talking to other people. That friend who's "not playing" may just be a member of the other team... If you're dying to talk about the game, talk to the hosts.
4. Every Day will last 48 hours initially, and may be shortened to 24 hours at the hosts' discretion. During the Day you should post "lynch <user>" or an equivalent in bold. "No lynch" is also valid, though stupid. Whoever receives the most votes will be killed in the lynch. A tie will result in a "No lynch." Any votes cast for users who are not playing will not be counted. It doesn't matter if you edit your original post or make a new one, but only have one bold at the end of the Day or your vote will not be counted. Also, there might be Day actions.
5. Every Night will last 48 hours initially, and may be shortened at the hosts' discretion. During the Night you should PM both hosts whatever your action(s) for the Night are. We will also accept actions on IRC. You may also choose to send a PM saying you are idling during the Night. If you have a Night action and do not send in a PM, you will be subbed out.
6. There are items in this game.There may be resurrects and recruits. Basically, anything's possible.To pass an item, PM askaninjask and Daenym “NX - Pass <item> to <user>.”
7. If you're inactive in this game it'll be pretty awful. If you're not going to be able to be active, please just don't sign up. Any time a substitution is made it will be announced in the thread, but the names of the players subbed out and in will not be listed.
8. IRC access is practically necessary for mafia on Smogon, so try to get on IRC at least once a cycle. Joining the game's channel is NOT mandatory (though encouraged, because it should be fun/chaotic), but make sure to contact the hosts privately if you choose to not join the channel. If you have any questions about IRC, ask the hosts for assistance and they'll ask someone who actually knows something about IRC.
9. Trying something new this time, and the way PMs are written will be purposely varied, as well as possible inclusion of grammatical/spelling errors. So if your PM has something minor like that wrong with it, or you see that someone else's PM has problems, don't make too much of it, because it might be us trolling you.
10. If you do not have an info role, you will only receive results if your action failed because of another player's action.
11. Please make sure the person you are asking is eligible before you ask them whether they are in this game. We don't need this being a huge drain on the community. If you consistently pester people who are ineligible to be in the game, or who are on the "definitely not playing" list, then you may be godkilled.
12. If you are subbed out of the game for any reason, you and your sub will both be able to be targeted with any roles. Say MagicMaster87 subs out and Kannon takes his place. Users will now be able to target either MagicMaster87 or Kannon, and it will have the same effect.

For Non-Players:
With any luck, we'll have plenty more signups than needed. But if you didn't get in, don't worry! Obviously, because there is no playerlist, only the hosts know who is actually playing. Therefore, users who are not in the game can still do plenty.
1. If you did not get in, you will not receive a Role PM or any other form of notification. Once "All PMs have been sent" is posted in the game thread, that's all the notification you'll need.
2. Anyone who signed up, either publicly in the thread or privately via PM/IRC, is allowed to post in the game thread. However, if you do not add anything to the game with your posts you will lose this privilege.
3. You are welcome to create a fake Role PM. The hosts will help you with making your fake in whatever ways we can. Some sample PMs will be posted in the thread to give you an idea of what is expected.
4. Any non-players are also valid subs if we are forced to sub out a player. Substitutions will be announced in the game thread, but who is being subbed out and in will not. Players who sub in will also not know who they subbed in for.
5. Everyone, whether you signed up or not, is encouraged to join the IRC channel for the game. In the event of subbing someone out, we will most likely try to find someone on IRC.
6. Possibly the most important thing, if you are a non-player but you feel you are having a significant effect on the game (such as pretending to be part of the village or a neutral or otherwise), definitely let the hosts know about it, since that’s hilarious.
7. Don't forget to think outside the box. Just because you're not "playing" doesn't mean there isn't a lot you can do.

The channel for this game is #invisible should you dare to join it.

The faction “The Invisibles” will be the village for this game.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
this game is going to sux

billymills will get targeted by 10+ people n0

not a sign up post.

to clarify, as i'm missing the first cycle of this game, i am not in. got bored of trying to play mafias that aren't noc while away.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Hey guys, I heard about this game called mafia, and that you guys play it. Can I play please? Thanks.

By the way, I'm new.

<Blue_Tornado> askaninjask
<Blue_Tornado> i don't want to play
<Blue_Tornado> don't sign me up
<Blue_Tornado> disregard my pm also

<Blue_Tornado> but don't put me on the loners list
<Blue_Tornado> i don't want to be alone...

So, uh.

It's just over 24 hours into signups and, according to this thread, we have scarcely over a dozen >.>

Also, don't forget you can make a request for a role. No promises, of course, but we try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)