[Expert] RPS Mafia - Won by the Lawmen

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to the latest installment of Expert Mafia, RPS Mafia. DISCLAIMER: This isn’t so much of a mafia and more of a “tactical game”.

(announcer voice) Since time immemorial, various groups of people and characters have been vying for the public eye. Ever since the time of Shakespeare, there have been stereotypes and tropes of characters on stage, in books, and more recently, in television and movies. Three of these stereotypes have arrived on YOUR TV to duke it out for just 10 dollars per episode.

In one corner of this triangular ring, there are the Lawmen. These guys have been fighting for justice since the time they were born. In another, there lie the Teenagers with Attitude. These young folks are the heroes of today: immature, unprepared, yet the only ones who can possibly save the day. And finally, in the last corner, there are the Scariest Fucking Things. You may want to shield the eyes of any small children watching this program, lest they be traumatized.

Are the contestants ready?

(various voices) YEAHAHHH

(announcer voice) Then let’s begin.

THE RULES:

Setup:
1.) This game revolves around 3 factions, the Teenagers with Attitude, the Lawmen, and the Scariest Fucking Things. Each faction has an attack each night.

2.) Each faction’s attack will do either 2 or 1 HP of damage depending on whether or not you are targeting the faction that you are good against or the one that beats you. There may be neutrals in this game for which special rules concerning damage apply.

3.)
  • The Teenagers with Attitude are scared by the Scariest Fucking Things, but never seem to get caught by the Lawmen.
  • The Scariest Fucking Things get arrested by the Lawmen, but are always freaking out the Teenagers with Attitude.
  • The Lawmen have always had trouble with the Teenagers with Attitude, but consistently crack down on the Scariest Fucking Things.

4.) Each faction has a question to solve before they can attain their nightkill. One clue to the solution of each question will be given in every player’s role PM. In order to attain their nightkill, one member of the faction must PM askaninjask and GoldenKnight “Day / Night X - The Answer”, and in the body of the PM answer the question. Only one person may send in this PM per faction. If two are sent in, the one that was sent in first will be the only one considered.

5.) The sender of the above PM, if correct, will be awarded a new ability: Once per night, you may PM askaninjask and GoldenKnight “Night X - Attacking <user>”. <user> will be attacked. He will take 1 HP of damage if your faction is weak against his, and 2 HP if your faction has an advantage over his.

5.5) Each user starts out with 3 HP and cannot exceed 3 HP by any means unless otherwise noted.

The Knife:
6.) Instead of lynches, in the daytime users will vote to see who is most deserving of the Knife. Whoever holds the Knife at night, in addition to their normal night action, may PM askaninjask and GoldenKnight “Night X - Attacking <user> with the Knife”. <user> will receive the pre-specified amount of damage.

7.) On the first night, the Knife will deal 1 HP of damage. On the second, it will deal 2 HP. On all other nights it will deal 3 HP of damage.

8.) Knife damage cannot be blocked by anything other than bodyguard protection. It can be redirected by martyr type roles, but not hooked by hooker type roles.

COMMON SENSE:
9.) Deadtalking is only allowed if you’re talking strategy with your own team (after it has united). No new information may be given from a dead player to a living one.

10.) No screen shots. Logs can be faked. No impersonation of other players or of the hosts.

11.) Priorities have been decided before hand and will not be revealed.

12.) If you’re inactive in this game I will never forgive you. I will be VERY quick to sub inactive players out. It’s an expert game for a reason, and that reason is to ensure that the game is played well. Being inactive just isn’t acceptable.

13.) You cannot share role PMs until Day 1. You may, however, share the clues given to you in your role PMs.

14.) You cannot say the words "for teh lulz" while you are alive in this game, or you will be banned temporarily from #icncndt.

15.) I can edit anything I say in any of my posts and they stand as though I had said them from the beginning.

16.) No mentioning Charlie Sheen for the duration of the game.

17.) No usernames that start with z.

18.) You cannot download the rulebook for this game on Kindle on a Monday.

Suddenly, down from the ceiling, a body falls to the ground, <adjective>. This person you all recognize to be the mysterious <USER>. He was such a good <noun>.
Dear <USER>,
You are ______.

You are a character from a movie / TV show / book / real life / etc, and this sentence is a description of you, explaining who you are and maybe why you’re in this game. This sentence explains more about your character, or maybe why they’re in this game.

Once per night you may PM askaninjask and GoldenKnight “Night X - verb <user>”. <user> will be verbed. Verbing a <user> does ______.

<CLUE TO YOUR QUESTION GOES HERE>

You are aligned with the <Faction Name Here>. You win if the <Faction Name Here> is the last faction standing and all of your enemies have been defeated.
The referees, GoldenKnight and askaninjask, drag his <adjective> body off of the triangular ring.

“Ugh, I hate big fights,” said a whiny voice from the Teenagers with Attitude section.

“Shut up and deal,” responds GoldenKnight.

“Why are these people allowed here? Half of them should be in incarcerated!” shouts a voice from the Lawmen’s section.

“They have very good agents,” responded askaninjask. “Additionally, I like them.”

Suddenly a figure pushes GoldenKnight from behind. GoldenKnight screams in an uncanny high pitch as he turns around to see the face that pushed him.

“No scaring the refs,” says askaninjask. “NOT allowed.”

So the Scariest Fucking Things returned to their corner to meet up with each other and plot.

-----

PMs are being sent out now.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Player List (in the order you guys signed up):
Fatecrashers
Daenym
theangryscientist -> WildEep
billymills
iiMKUltra
zorbees
Aura Guardian
Quagsires
Flounder
Crux -> Ditto
daletterel
Paperblade
danmantincan
porygon3
Flamestrike
Pidge
imperfectluck
vonFiedler
LightWolf
capefeather
UncleSam -> Altair
Life

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ok guys I see no reason not to get united as quickly as possible.

I am Yugi Moto, a member of the Teens with Attitude. I want all Teens with Attitude to contact me ASAP so that we can get our nightkill Night 1 and hopefully pick up the Knife tomorrow.

Neutrals are welcome to contact as well, and I am perfectly willing to listen to any and all offers to go on a two-against-one factionally if someone from another faction approaches me...in fact, it is probably better for you to talk to me regardless of your faction, since if you don't contact me the other faction might first.

Neutral(s) are of course welcome to contact me as well.

I will share my clue with any other teen who gives me his or her Role Name so that we can get THE ANSWER correct before Night 1.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fatecrashers mesmerizing us will not stop us from solving our logic puzzles.

I mean I do logic puzzles when hosting mafia games, so this should be a breeze.

Ok guys I see no reason not to get united as quickly as possible.

I am Yugi Moto, a member of the Teens with Attitude. I want all Teens with Attitude to contact me ASAP so that we can get our nightkill Night 1 and hopefully pick up the Knife tomorrow.

Neutrals are welcome to contact as well, and I am perfectly willing to listen to any and all offers to go on a two-against-one factionally if someone from another faction approaches me...in fact, it is probably better for you to talk to me regardless of your faction, since if you don't contact me the other faction might first.

Neutral(s) are of course welcome to contact me as well.

I will share my clue with any other teen who gives me his or her Role Name so that we can get THE ANSWER correct before Night 1.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
This except a couple of different things.

If you are a Lawman, contact myself, Phoenix Wright. I will lead us to victory so fuck them teens with small penises.

Of course, neutrals, other factions and Sam the BG WOLF can all chat to me too.

Let's try this.

Like I said, I want all Lawman to contact me. As proof, I can guess exactly what type of character you have in your role PM since it's come to my understanding that factions are looking for different types of characters.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
(announcer voice) It was a bit of an uneventful night last night, with nobody sustaining serious injury but some people sustaining serious bruises. It looks just about even from where I’m standing. Don’t turn off your TV’s just yet, though, since we’re about to give away....(drumroll)... the KNIFE!

The Knife is not your ordinary regular old knife! The Knife was made from Valyrian Steel, infused with Elvan magic, soaked in red water and then used to stab Kim Kardashian’s backside (she still hasn’t noticed). Who knows what wonders this knife could do for any number of the contestants.

All result PMs out.

Nobody has died. It is now Day 1. Deadline is at 10:00 PM EST August 29th, aka 47.25 hours from this post.

Oh, and before I forget: billymills appears to be nothere. Who knows what happened to him!?!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
i believe the best course of action for factions is to elect someone with next to no information to have the knife day 1.

that would be me.

the reasons for this are simple:

if you don't want to out your alliance, you can vote for me, who has claimed to no one but has proven willingness to work with each and every faction out there. in addition, it means that my knife target is much less informed other than those willing to work with me, leading to me not being able to "focus down key roles on xxx team" but instead through collaboration will decide the best target of the damage. this makes every team and or neutral have a relatively equal chance to appeal to me to give their reasonings on who to target and why. it also is only one damage, and outing your alliance over 1 damage is utterly stupid.

I am a fair player, am of sound mind, and am extremely reasonable in negotiations.

a vote for unclesam (or life or anyone else who wants to go public), while i'm sure could be beneficial to some teams, is silly, as it paints unclesam's/life's/etc's team as a direct threat to whomever they decide to use the knife on. if you choose me, every team has a say in the recipient of the knife damage, whether that be some stuck up teen, some goodie two-shoes, or some ugly ass bitch, or even some shady neutral thing. it really doesn't make sense to vote for someone who is asking for claims; I ask for none. i merely ask for alliances.

you could all try voting for yourself, but you would ultimately lose out to a team who is much more coordinated or connected than you are.

A vote for da letter el is a vote for sanity.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Just stating that DLE is really just going to get his own faction the Knife and is just trying to get idiots from the other factions to vote for him to cover it up.

The Knife damage won't go to "whoever we all agree on", it will go on someone who is not on DLE's faction.

And as much as I love to !worship imperfectluck voting for him is not a good idea either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)