1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Exploring the Glitchmon Metagame

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Theorymon, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EspyOwner

EspyOwner

[​IMG] @ Lum Berry Trait: Truant
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Explosion
    - Transform
    - Skill Swap
    - Sheer Cold

So far so good, more testing needs to be done.

Pretty much, Skill Swap can force switches, bringing you to use whichever of the other moves you feel necessary (Sheer Cold for "holyfuckidkwhattodo/Machoke/Machamp), Explosion to hit tons of things hard with STAB base 250 move, coming off of 356 attack, uninvested. 252 HP for maximum Transform HP, a 504 HP Aerodactyl with a coil under its belt is nothing to scoff at.

The main reason I'm posting this set is because I want other people to test it out. I have had success with it, but I'm waiting to see other people's reactions.
  2. Stallion

Stallion Killing is my business, and business is good!
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Why is the server dead? Is there a different server people are going to that I'm not aware of cause I'm hungry for some streetmon fights so I can post new sets in this thread!
  3. EspyOwner

EspyOwner

I'm on as much as I can be, open to battles whenever.
  4. homestead

homestead

Hi I seem to be having trouble getting the server/client to work.I am working with a mac and have tried everything I could think of which is very little. Having not played a single game of pokemon in almost a year now I thought I'd return with something a little less serious, and this is a perfect direction for that. I have some fun ideas i'd like to test out, such as a torment shedinja that functions as a tormenttran of sorts. It could even implement roar and spore( they sound nice together don't they) at the cost of protect. Anyways theres no point in ideaing if I can't test them, so hopefully someone could help me out.
  5. NixHex

NixHex A new vice president erryonce in a while to keep me busy
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

PO tech support questions go here.
  6. homestead

homestead

I'm sorry about that, but as far as I know my issue is download related not pokemon online, because I can play on the smogon ladder. Better yet I know its the client for myself I download the zip unzip it and it is completely impossible to open an actual client. I'm on a mac, and yes I looked through the link.
  7. McAwesome

McAwesome

Kingdra @ scope lens Trait: Sniper
    EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe, 4 Hp
    Modest Nature (+SpA –Atk)
    -Frost Breath
    -Spacial Rend
    -Surf
    -Focus Energy

Frost breath is the crux of the set. It essentially becomes a 120 base power move, with 90% accuracy, that ignores stat modifiers. (as strong as blizzard, and more accurate outside hail.)

For the other moves, a turn of setup is required. Use focus energy, and Kingdra becomes a monster.

Spacial Rend Is the ultimate STAB for Kingdra, and has a 50% chance of having 450 base power after STAB and critical hit.

Surf is the Obligatory Water STAB, with 50% chance of having 427.5 base power against a single opponent, or 320.63 base power against multiple mons.

P.s. Are we also allowed to use the "rage Glitch?" http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rage_glitch
  8. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Three things:

1. Please use the newer thread instead of bumping the old one.
    2. That Kingdra set has clearly not been tested. It's a bad gimmick. Imagine what shell smash could do instead of focus energy, and imagine the many more powerful pokemon you could be using.
    3. The rage glitch is inferior to the mimic glitch, but yes it is allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)