EXTREME Tier Shift

Is there any chance that this will be playable again? Somehow it disappeared from Aqua :/

Also, so this post isn't a complete waste, I'll share a fun set of mine:

Lilligant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is a really cool PDon partner since it lures and KOes Dragon Types such as Rayquaza and Salamence. It still struggles a bit with the Latis but Sleep Powder can help there. Or you could even run Dragon Claw Groudon. It also has a chance to OHKO both Primals after Rocks and max HP Arceus after Rocks and a layer of Spikes which leaves Giratina and to an extend Lugia as the only true passive Counters, both of which are Dark-type bait.
Ho-Oh is truly annoying though and forces you to run a Rock-type or really bulky Water together with Lilli. So, you see, TTar is good with this.
With this spread it also lives +2 Jolly LO EKillers ESpeed and KOes after Rocks and LO Recoil.
Also, Healing Wish is one of the best moves to have on an offensive team and if you really need it, you could run more Speed to ensure it gets through but that makes you miss some OHKOes, most importantly on Groudon. HP Rock may be viable if you really fear Ho-Oh, but it hits Dragons not as hard and is thus generally inferior.

Gogoat unfortunately struggles with Fire and Flying types, which both are quite common. But i guess thats true for almost any Grass, so its more up to finding the best partners. Maybe, Solrock could do something, now that its BST isn't total trash?

Hope, we get a little life into this thread again ;)

I don't know if anyone had mentioned it, but i think ursaring is a much better alternative to slaking or regigigas. Sure it may not have the bulk of either but it more than made up for it with its great abilities and speed, especially in tandem with quick feet if you choose that over guts.

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb / Flame Orb
Ability: Guts / Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Protect / Swords Dance
- Swords Dance / Close Combat
- Crunch / Close Combat

In ETS ursaring will have 130/170/115/115/115/95 stats which is around borderline average in everything but attack. It's speed may be considered a little bit slow, but with its abilities ursaring' attack and speed would change from

482 Attack -> 732 Attack (Adamant + Guts)
439 Attack -> 659 Attack (Jolly + Guts)

289 Speed -> 433 Speed (Adamant + Quick Feet)
317 Speed -> 475 Speed (Jolly + Quick Feet)

Most of the time I think people would prefer jolly + quick feet, but some teams might need a wallbreaker and use adamant with guts. Nevertheless, let's compare ursaring to slaking and regigigas, shall we?

252 Atk Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 280-330 (82.1 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Regigigas Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 255-300 (74.7 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just from the initial calc ursaring is already stronger than regigigas after slow start wears off, and that is with a jolly nature and quick feet! Let's compare banded slaking giga impact with guts ursaring facade.

252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 561-660 (164.5 - 193.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 460-543 (134.8 - 159.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Alright, so banded slaking does a fair more damage than guts ursaring, but at the cost of being unable to move the following turn. I personally think the extra damage is worth it for the free turn since at times being unable to do anything is much worse than a fainted pokemon.

Here are just some extra Calcs on walls, with adamant guts since you shouldn't wallbreaker with its quick feet set

252+ Atk Guts Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 283-334 (59.7 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Guts Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 331-391 (57.6 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Guts Ursaring Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Rhydon: 194-230 (39.2 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Tangela: 162-192 (37.3 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

While slaking and regigigas possesses a reasonable better bulk than ursaring, 150/150/150 (Regi) vs 130/115/115 (a Ursaring), ursaring has a much lower opportunity cost, not being setup fodder with a crippling ability and still doing a good amount of damage with quick feet which allows it to outspeed a lot of threats.

Oh, and it also can't be statused, which makes it a lot easier to set up on mons like tangela.

Ps. It can SD through the walls it can't initially break like rhydon. of course you can't SD in front of it, you have to do it on a switch.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone talking about Bibarel. While Ability-based boost clause prevents Moody from thing, that hardly matters when Bibarel still has Simple + Curse. I can forsee it being used with RestTalk and Waterfall.

Beheeyem is another thing of note. I already can hardly see why it's in PU and not higher, but that's not what we're talking about now, is it? This 725 BST monster outclasses bulky Mewtwo sets in every way. Not only that, but it has COSMIC POWER to increase both defenses at once.

RIP Blaziken and Greninja

Being a mono-attacking Water-type might not be the best thing in a tier where PDon still is among the best. Bibarel generally just struggles with traditional Ubers, especially since it's not able to touch Giratina. Curse+Quick Attack could put in some weight versus offensive playstyles but Extreme Killer probably does the same thing, just better, as it can actually wear Groudon down with Earthquake.
Beheeyem, however, appears to be quite good with Analytic+Choice Specs. Psychic+Thunderbolt alone threaten the OHKO after Rocks on almost anything and walls that can take it are heavily crippled by Trick. Bulky Arceus and Darkceus in particular beat it, though.
Calm Mind also seems promising, but has to watch out for Yveltal and Darkrai and fears status.
It also gets Trick Room which plays much like Specs but can sweep if the time is right. Overall I can see it working alongside the likes of Xerneas. Together they can also wear down Steels like Aegislash.

A random smattering of PU pokemon that could be notable. Most probably not, as many are down in the briny depths of PU for reasons other than stats.

So, Rampardos has
137/205/100/105/90/98.
I mean, Rampardos' attack has always been a gimmick, but seriously, if it hits something it will most feel it.
252+ Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Rampardos Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lugia: 458-540 (110 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Rampardos Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lugia: 398-471 (95.6 - 113.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKOMold Breaker is pretty much exclusively for Lugia. If you have something else for Lugia, or else are counting on rocks, a Sheer Force Life Orb Set would be better
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 174-205 (50.5 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Rampardos Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 294-346 (72.7 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 294-346 (58.3 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Even the stuff that survives a hit won't want to come in on it, and Rampardos actually has enough speed and bulk to reasonably out-speed some threats and not instantly collapse if something sneezes on it. Probably not a huge threat, or even a large one, but something to note.

Carbink gets 90/190/190 bulk now. Rocks and Screens are going up, and its base 90 offences aren't something to ignore either.

Artcuno's BST hits 820 (130/125/140/135/165/125), meaning if you can keep rocks off the field, it should be able to eat any non-rock attack you throw at it and deal serious damage back with Freeze Dry or Blizzard. I think this might be the highest BST in the game not held by a pokemon crippled by an ability. Then again, the best BST on a defensive Ice Type might not make the difference. The fact that so many Ice type pokemon are disproportionately low tiered leads me to suspect a Hail team might be surprisingly powerful, if you get a handle on rocks.

Basculin's 132 Attack and Speed mean that Adaptabilty Waterfall and Aqua Jet find new targets.

Persian hits 110 attack and a whopping 155 speed, meaning it's Technician Fake-Outs can threaten physically frail pokemon better than ever before, and it's speed allows it to outspeed slower Choice Scarf users to either finish them off, or else weaken them and escape with U-Turn.

Kadabra Alakazam

80/75/70/150/100/145//65/60/55/145/105/130

Kadabra is better than Alakazam in everything but Sp.Def by a measly five points, and can run Eviolite if it wants. For reference, Kadabra is faster than Mewtwo and hits almost as hard.

Haunter may become a threat! (heres haunter compared to gengar)
75/80/75/145/85/125 VS 60/65/60/130/75/110
Set:
Item:Life orb
Shadow Ball
Sludge Wave
Energy Ball
Will-O-Wisp/Taunt
Nature:Timid
IVs:0 Atk (In the rare case of foul play)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave will be your main STAB, Energy Ball is for coverage, Will-O-Wisp will stop most physical sweepers, and Taunt will stop haunter from being T-Waved, or stop set up sweepers (leave suggestions, came up with this list in 10 Minutes)

Is Eviolite still legal here? I know there was discussion about banning it earlier in the thread, but I don't know if the decision went through or not.

I'm feeling like Lickilicky could be good here. I find it very underrated in Standard already, and with the buffs its stat distribution looks like this: 150/125/135/120/135/90. It's got Swords Dance and a large amount of physical coverage to make use of it, plus the neat ability Oblivious which makes it immune to Taunt. Plus, it has Wish and Heal Bell which combined with its high HP makes it a good healer/cleric. (There's also its pre-evolution Lickitung which is probably a bit bulkier with Eviolite but has inferior offensive capability; obviously don't use it if Eviolite is banned though)

Kabutops gets 90/145/135/95/100/110 and generally benefits from larger bulk, making setting up a bit easier, and making that same amount of set up a threat to 'mons that otherwise had several tiers protecting them from crap like this.

Abomasnow ------------------- Mega Abomasnow ------------------- Aurourus
120/122/105/122/115/90// 110/152/125/152/125/50// 153/107/102/129/122/88
The three users of Snow Warning hit respectable base stats, but their general uselessness is still a problem. Abomasnow can do it's job just as well as its Mega, so it might not be worth blowing your mega slot here, plus Abomasnow can use an Icy Rock. For what it is worth, both Abomasnow can probably take Politoad in a fight, which is of increased relevance given Politoad's stat buff, and they can at least scare Kyogre with a Stab Wood Hammer (though Wood Hammer, or fighting Kyogre are probably not great ideas for your key weather setter). Aurourus is bulkier than Abomasnow, and has a nice trick in Thunder Wave to paralyze predicted switches, but if the opponent has any of the many common attack types, Aurourus' bulk counts for nothing and they might not even bother switching and just kill it.

Golduck hits 120/122/118/135/120/125, making it a solid check to Primal Groudon. While it doesn't particularly want to eat multiple earthquakes,
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Golduck: 282-333 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Golduck can easily Outspeed and OHKO back with Surf
248+ SpA Golduck Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 408-480 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Otherwise, Golduck's shoddy coverage means that it will have some difficulty finding a place to shine. However, anything else Golduck manages to accomplish should be seen as a bonus. Beating a premier threat has to count for something, though, right? Rayquaza might still do the job better, and be more useful otherwise, but Golduck is less likely to be surprised by an unusually speedy Groudon, needing only 84 speed EVs to outspeed even the fastest Groudon.
As a final note, an enemy that attempts to use the lackluster Golduck as setup fodder for a Geomancy Xerneas can be given the Clear Smog Middle Finger, making a second top tier threat that Golduck has an answer to, with Golduck even eating a non-boosted Thunder surprisingly well in the event that the opponent predicts Golduck's scheme. Not bad for a little PU duck.
252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Golduck: 226-268 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Moonblast has a chance to 2HKO with some HP investment which gets better if you use Leftovers

Lickylicky 150/125/135/120/135/90 does less well, needing to invest in speed, and being unable to OHKO a max special bulk Primal Groudon
252+ SpA Lickilicky Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 316-372 (78.2 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, though it has a small chance of OHKOing a Groudon with the same EV spread but a different nature, and its chances only get better if fighting a Groudon with less special bulk. Lickylicky might be less dead weight than Golduck after Groudon has been drowned, which might be of note, plus after a game or two of P Groudon drowning at the hands of Lickylicky, Golduck, and Rayquaza, even the least savvy player is likely to begin catching on, making good opportunities more rare.

Arbok is pretty cool here as a wall.

It has stats of 100/125/109/105/119/120, and great abilities in Intimidate and Shed Skin.

It checks Mega Audino quite nicely, too.

Liepard looks like a threat too, with Prankster and 94/118/80/118/80/136 stats. The ability to check some really strong things like all eviolite users make it strong too.

Out of the things mentioned above, I think Carbink has the most notable niche in being a lead for offensive teams. It's pretty much Deo-D, just good, as it can beat Sableye with Moonblast and even win the Deo-S match-up with Magic Coat. And while it does get Screens, it'll probably be hard pressed to fit them onto its moveset without losing important utility. It can also emergency check Mega Salamence, which is nice. It really struggles with Groudon though :/

I thought a bit, and Regigigas should not be banned. If this were a OM based in OU, I'd agree, but this is Ubers. Regigigas with +40 in everything is honestly not bad. If you can manage to stall out 5 turns with Regigigas against the likes of Primal Groudon, Mega Mewtwo X, or Xerneas, you deserve the highest BST in the game, and it still doesn't become unstoppable, requiring almost exactly the same level of preparation that countering a boosted Geomancy Xerneas does.. Regigigas has good stats even after accounting for Slow Start, a pokemon with an effective BST of 540, great bulk, and passable offence, yet it comes nowhere near dominating PU.
Regigigas is nowhere near as threatening as basic Ubers threats like Geomancy Xerneas, or Darkrai. If there is a single opportunity, Xerneas comes in and sweeps your team without special precaution. Regigigas needs to find that opportunity for five turns in a row, and it still gets less than a Geomancy boost from it. At any point, a burn, roar/whirlwind, or a thunder wave, can cripple it, or something strong enough can just beat it to death.
Before asking whether or not Regigigas is Ban-worthy, ask yourself. Is it really any better than a Geomancy Xerneas? After Geomancy, Xerneus hits a BST of roughly 850, and has a rough effective base 170BP spammable attack. After Extreme Tier Shift and Slow Start wear off, Regigigas hits 910, and gets the 150ish effective BP Return, which fails against Giratina or Dusclops, forcing it to run Knock-Off, which is probably all he can fit. Yes, Regigigas gets stronger, but the relative strength of its moves pretty much accounts for this, and don't forget that it needs 5 turns of set-up! Xerneas could likely set-up a second Geomancy easier than Regigigas could get his act together! Regigigas fears burns, can't really afford to run an item that is not Leftovers or maybe a Lum/Rawst berry, Plus, Unboosted Xerneas remains a credible, if lackluster threat, while Regigigas is a half-ton of dead weight.

Don't think of Regigigas as the autoban of OM of the month season, consider it a physical Xerneas that needs much more intense set up, but with sightly better rewards if you actually manage to pull it off.

My two cents, at least.

Last edited:
zangoose can wreck in this with stab toxic boost facade.

new stats 103/145/90/90/90/120

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Protect

Floatzel is god here

125-145-95-125-90-155

Great attack and good bulk

Really?

And see this Ursaring

130-170-115-115-115-95

Also, since nobody to my knowledge has mentioned it yet, Leavanny also seems like it has potential. Though its typing isn't very good with all the Fire-types running amok, a stat distribution of 115/143/120/110/120/132 is no joke even in a meta where near-everything has huge BSTs. Its best role is of course as a Sticky Web lead (probably the best offensive Sticky Web lead here all things considered), but as it has access to Chlorophyll, Swords Dance, and a decent array of physical moves you could also run it as a sweeper on a Sun-based team if you really wanted to.

Eeveelution's FTW:
Vaporeon UU: 140/75/70/120/105/75
Jolteon RU: 85/85/80/130/115/150
Flareon PU; 105/170/100/135/150/105 GG 170 Base Atk Wallbreaker w/ 105/100/150 bulk coming to OU uber
Espeon UU: 75/75/70/140/105/120
Umbreon UU: 105/75/120/70/140/75
Leafeon PU: 105/150/170/100/105/135 Also Sweeper 150Atk/135Spe and 105/170/105 bulk R U Mad?
Glaceon PU: 105/100/150/170/135/105 ANOTHE EEVEELUTION WALLBREAKER Hype 170 w/ 105/150/135 bulk and terrible typing
Sylveon OU: Now who's the worst?

In terms of Sticky Web, I think Galvantula deserves a mention alongside Leavanny for potentially 2HKoing Sableye with LO Thunder, which Leavanny struggles with due to Leaf Storms stat drops. It also still prevents the Latis from defogging. It also has a chance to defeat neutral support Arceus, but is unfortunately outsped if they run max speed and switch in on the turn it lays down Webs, firing off a Thunder is highly adviced in such a situation. So depending on the opponents Defogger, both have their strengths and shortcomings. However, both lose horribly to Giratina(-O), so when building a Webs team, you may want to consider that.

And, as I realize, Eeveelutions are lovely and all, but since this is Ubers, they will probably still be outclassed, pretty much with the exception of Heal Bell and Baton Pass as their main unique moves, in like that order:
Alomomola
Zekrom and Arceus-Electric, even though neither are too good on their own
Primal Groudon
Mewtwo, although no Magic Bounce, Espeon can hardly find switchins into anything other than Lugia. If its stats were a little better, it could be considered as a non-Mega Magic Bounce user, but they're just so bad...
Darkceus, since it can at least somewhat threaten Fairies
Skymin, mainly due to Healing wish. It's imo still the best offensive Grass-type, but if you, for whatever reason, need that swords dancing Heal Bell Grass, then Leafeon mayfit the team, since its stats appear quite good, for what it is intented to do
Kyurem-W, because it has an actual movepool :o
Poor Sylveon...

Amoonguss

Amoonguss: 134/105/90/105/100/50

134/90/100 bulk which is decent, Regenerator to keep alive, Clear Smog to screw with setup sweepers, and SPORE. While it's stats are not that great and it is very passive, I can see it being somewhat decent in this meta.

Misdreavus

#misdreavusforspinblockeroftheyear

Misdreavus: 100/100/100/125/125/125

Decent 100/100/125 bulk boosted by Eviolite is, well, decent. Even though I know Eviolite doesn't boost base bulk, that would mean some sexy 100/150/187 bulk.
While probably outclassed by some other spinners, its access to Will-o-Wisp to cripple any physical attackers, and other utility options such as Foul Play and Memento, and Pain Split to help keep itself alive. While Ghost typing is not especially bad defensively, it is bad offensively but Misdreavus is not really an offensive pokemon. It also has a crippling weakness to Knock Off. However, it does find many switch-in opportunities with its three immunities. It may not be the best spinblocker out there, but I'm certain Misdreavus has a niche.

Delibird is still awful :(
Compared to other Pokémon that got the same stat boost, I would be inclined to agree. But atleast it isn't as horrible as it was. At least. At the very least.

Anyway, here are some Pokémon which I think might have gotten good boosts. (I have not read previous pages so excuse me if I mention any Pokémon that have previously been named). The Pokémon I'm listing are mostly from the PU tier, so yeah.

Pikachu / Pikachu-Cosplay

75 / 95 / 80 / 90 / 90 / 130

While these stat changes might seem utterly mediocre to you, having the ability to hold Light Ball / Eviolite (I'm not so sure about Eviolite, I think only normal Pikachu can use it) makes it worth your while. Having 2x boosted offensive / 1.5x boosted defensive stats depending on what item you hold, this thing is dangerous.

Adding to that, Pikachu-Cosplay has the ability to use many different moves depending on it's outfit. Pikachu-Rock-Star with Meteor Mash, Pikachu-Belle with Icicle Crash, Pikachu-Libre with Flying Press... and so on, and so forth. It could be a good, if not great offensive choice.

Too bad it's defenses still suck. Maybe not so much with Eviolite, but my point stands.

Pidgeot

123 / 120 / 115 / 110 / 110 / 141

Now, Pidgeot becomes a way, way bulkier version of itself, along with being way faster. 123/115/110 in defenses is not bad at all, along with 120/110/141 offenses to top it off. Possibly a mixed attacker, it can take advantage of it's bulk and use it's decent movepool to it's advantage. Only having 25 less SpA than Mega Pidgeot, it can still deal some damage. I dare say that, apart from it's loss of No Guard, it did become better than it's mega evolution in terms of bulk. Maybe in general, too.

Butterfree

100 / 85 / 90 / 130 / 120 / 110

Butterfree now gets a hefty Special Attack of 130, coupled with a decent 100/90/120 in it's defenses. Tinted Lens helps majorly against resists, helping it to take down anything that could possibly wall it if it didn't have that ability. You can possibly run Compound Eyes instead, if you're keen on running Hurricane without it ever missing. (I think it gets a 91,5 accuracy after Compound Eyes, but that's way better than 70%.) It also has a decent speed, so it could be able to run a Sleep Powder / Quiver Dance set if it wants to set up for a possible sweep. After all, resists don't matter much (exception possibly; quad resists) if you have Tinted Lens after all.

Machoke

120 / 140 / 110 / 90 / 100 / 85

Machoke has no lack of Attack now, with it's great 140 in Attack. It does still rather lack in speed, with it's still-decent 85 Speed. It does get decent bulk now, sporting a 120/110/100 in them. You are now able to even run an Eviolite on top of that for even more bulk, resulting in a hard-to-kill and hard-hitting Pokémon. Depending on what you want to run, a No Guard Dynamic Punch set could hurt a lot of Pokémon, considering the fact that it has a 100% guaranteed confusion rate. Also having 100 BP, without any drawbacks. If you're running No Guard, that is. It's movepool is also decent, with coverage to boot.

Rapidash

105 / 140 / 110 / 120 / 120 / 145

Rapidash now proudly boasts a BST consisting out of all stats being above 100. Hooray! It's defenses being 105/110/120, and it's offenses being a crazy 140/120/145. However, taking a look at it's movepool, it's below average at best. Considering that, it might make sense why it's PU in the first place. Doesn't detract it from being any less good, since it's stats partially make up for it. Flare Blitz, Wild Chage, Drill Run, Megahorn, Poison Jab - those are a few notable moves that I can name. So, it doesn't lack coverage in particular, really.

Meganium

120 / 122 / 140 / 123 / 140 / 120

You might be looking at this BST and be thinking; 'holy shit, this is a great BST' - and that's because it is! Boasting a great 120/140/140 in defenses and a good 122/123/120 in offenses, Meganium seems to have it all. And while that might be true with a 725 total BST, it's movepool is no more than quite lacking. Sure, you can still make good sets with it, it doesn't offer that much in terms of coverage. Again, a reason why it might be in PU. Apart from that, it's now able to take hits like a boss and be able to deal out some heavy blows itself, too. Smack Lefties on it and it can regenerate itself as it uses Aromatherapy as a cleric of sorts. Or make it a phazer with Dragon Tail. There are quite a few possibilities.

Last edited:
So this is actually playable on rom.psim.us and I discovered that Shadow Tag Gothitelle and Wobbuffet get PU boosts which is slightly broken and is also not how regular Tier Shift works (or used to work, since Shadow Tag is now banned from OU).

Also, Light Ball doubles offenses which is the reason it is used in the first place and I can see Pikachu putting in work :
252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Primal Groudon: 181-213 (44.8 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Bulky grasses wall it to death though:
252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 90-106 (23.4 - 27.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
However, Pikachu does get Knock Off as an Option in the last Slot over Nasty Plot, which it will almost never be able to set up anyways, so Eviolite Walls have something to fear. Sadly, it doesnt have much to set itself apart from the faster and more powerful Deo-A.

Right now my favourite Mon in the meta is probably Alomomola. Everything weaker than +1 Adamant Mega Salamences Double Edge will fail to 2HKO it so it can pivot around, spread status and keep its team healthy. Audino can work similarly on the special side and potentially sweep lategame with a Calm Mind set. Both are very prone to Sub users though :/

I'm not quite sure what to think of PU birds/butterflies yet as they seem heavily outclassed by the Ubers birds Mence and Ho-Oh which bring better abilities and typings.

So this is actually playable on rom.psim.us and I discovered that Shadow Tag Gothitelle and Wobbuffet get PU boosts which is slightly broken and is also not how regular Tier Shift works (or used to work, since Shadow Tag is now banned from OU).
Whoops; the Shadow Tag code got removed from Tier Shift when Shadow Tag was banned from OU. I've reinstated it.

(Edit: This looks as if it was my 200th post, if that means anything.)

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what to think of PU birds/butterflies yet as they seem heavily outclassed by the Ubers birds Mence and Ho-Oh which bring better abilities and typings.
> heavily implying that both Fire/Flying and Dragon/Flying are good typings

> implying owls dragons are birds

I'd say that Pidgeot is definitely viable, if... well, probably nothing else.

> heavily implying that both Fire/Flying and Dragon/Flying are good typings
Both can check Groudon depending on its set, Ho-Oh also checks most Fairies whereas Mence checks many Fighting or Fire types. Bug/Flying on the over hand... yeah. Also, saying that something has a better defensive typing than Butterfree doesn't quite equal "heavily implying good typings" :o
Granted, Pidgeot has less weaknesses but also not really good resistences. It also has a good chance to be 2HKOed by neutral uninvested Judgment from Support/CM Arceus so i can't see it switching into much without being forced to roost all the time. Tornadus, by the way, has a much stronger Hurricane and has a chance to 2HKO max HP Arceus after Rocks, the chance being that it actually connects 2 Hurricanes. Its offensive and supportive movepool is also rather good, even if its bulk is terrible.
> implying owls dragons are birds
Actually, I originally meant to type "birds" in quotes but lost that somewhere along the way. Well, offensive Flying types are bird mons after all ;)
And I agree that Pidgeot is probably the most interesting one Kristoph gavin mentioned. Now if only it had a real movepool... It has U-Turn i guess?

Time for more interesting ETS Pokés. Because why not, eh?

Magcargo

90 / 90 / 160 / 120 / 120 / 70

Below average speed but it makes up for it by becoming a physical wall with it's 90/160/120 defenses. While Magcargo's offenses might seem on the weak side, 120 SpA is pretty decent. It's movepool is varied, yet it loses Gyro Ball's usability. Too bad. The rest remains good, though; Magcargo has a decent physical AND special movepool. Great. I guess.

Articuno

130 /125 /140 / 135 / 165 / 125

Articuno becomes a beast. Even with it's rather weak typing, it now has over 120 in each of it's stats and becomes something amongst the lines of a behemoth. Having 130/140/165 in defenses is absolutely massive and 125/135/125 in offenses is also really good. Too bad it's 4x weak to Rock. Oh yeah - Articuno has a movepool that consists out of the following great moves: Defog, Blizzard, Freeze-Dry (For Water-types), Hurricane, Ice Beam, Signal Beam, Roost, Tailwind, Toxic. These are a few of the notable moves, though.

Lapras

170 / 125 / 120 / 125 / 135 / 100

Lapras now has even more health, backed up by 170/120/135 defenses. It's pretty darn good. It has decent speed and can make use of Water Absorb to a certain extent. Or any of it's other abilities, too. It's movepool in my very own opinion, lacks a bit, but it is a pretty good defensive pick if you want to survive both physical and special attacks.

Mightyena

110 / 130 /110 / 100 / 100 / 110

Stats might not look that special, and a pure Dark-type isn't anything special either. But the fact that Mightyena gets Moxie helps make up for it quite a bit. It is able to revenge kill and turn that revenge kill into a sweep given that it can outspeed. Or survive. Which it may not. All in all it's...decent, I guess? Nothing special at all.

That's more possible decent Pokémon from PU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)