Fairy Face-Off Competition

I still have to train up mawile and gardevoir, and breed my togekiss =[ Can't do much this weekend, due to the local streetpass tournement tomorrow. I'm probably going to chuck on some other random fairy to round the team off. I only seem to use the same 3

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I still have to train up mawile and gardevoir, and breed my togekiss =[ Can't do much this weekend, due to the local streetpass tournement tomorrow. I'm probably going to chuck on some other random fairy to round the team off. I only seem to use the same 3
Hey, I can help you with togekiss. I have 2 perfect 6IV 'kisses (0 in attack), either of which would be great to use in the comp, or at least to use as breeders if you don't like the nature (bold). Since we've just switched pages on this thread, I'll list them again.

Both of these togekisses are being offered in the Battle Spot Distribution, where I give people for free battle ready pokemon to help get up to speed quickly for playing on battle spot, and anyone who needs one of these, or another fairy type to use for the fairy face off may ask for one. The instructions on how to request pokemon is available on the distribution OP (link in sig). Please be sure to post your requests there, and not here. :)

I'm about to head out for a few hours P3DS , but I'll be back later today if you post a request. :)

Togekiss (M)
Nickname: Kissy Face
Bold 244 HP / 148 Def / 4 Sp.Atk / 100 Sp.Def / 12 Speed
Serene Grace
OT: Lark
ID: 10537
Egg Moves: Nasty Plot, Morning Sun, Lucky Chant
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Follow Me (Pre-evolution move)
- Roost
Note: This togekiss provides huge utility as redirection support in battle spot doubles. Highly recommended. Also, follow me is a pre-evolution only move. If this togekiss forgets that move, you cannot take the pokemon back to the move relearner to get it back.

Togekiss (M)
Nickname: Kiss Kiss
Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Atk
Super Luck (HA)
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
Note: I needed a specialized support togekiss for a prior competition that could provide speed control in addition to redirection support, so I bred this togekiss. For general purpose use, I would recommend the togekiss listed above. The only reason I'm even adding this to the distribution is because it might provide utility for the upcoming Fairy Face-Off competition. I'll probably remove this togekiss after the competition is complete. Also, follow me is a pre-evolution only move. If this togekiss forgets that move, you cannot take the pokemon back to the move re-learner to get it back.

Hey, I can help you with togekiss. I have 2 perfect 6IV 'kisses (0 in attack), either of which would be great to use in the comp, or at least to use as breeders if you don't like the nature (bold). Since we've just switched pages on this thread, I'll list them again.

Both of these togekisses are being offered in the Battle Spot Distribution, where I give people for free battle ready pokemon to help get up to speed quickly for playing on battle spot, and anyone who needs one of these, or another fairy type to use for the fairy face off may ask for one. The instructions on how to request pokemon is available on the distribution OP (link in sig). Please be sure to post your requests there, and not here. :)

I'm about to head out for a few hours P3DS , but I'll be back later today if you post a request. :)

Togekiss (M)
Nickname: Kissy Face
Bold 244 HP / 148 Def / 4 Sp.Atk / 100 Sp.Def / 12 Speed
Serene Grace
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost
Note: This togekiss provides huge utility as redirection support in battle spot doubles. Highly recommended. Also, follow me is a pre-evolution only move. If this togekiss forgets that move, you cannot take the pokemon back to the move relearner to get it back.

Togekiss (M)
Nickname: Kiss Kiss
Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Atk
Super Luck (HA)
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
Note: I needed a specialized support togekiss for a prior competition that could provide speed control in addition to redirection support, so I bred this togekiss. For general purpose use, I would recommend the togekiss listed above. The only reason I'm even adding this to the distribution is because it might provide utility for the upcoming Fairy Face-Off competition. I'll probably remove this togekiss after the competition is complete. Also, follow me is a pre-evolution only move. If this togekiss forgets that move, you cannot take the pokemon back to the move re-learner to get it back.
The main problem is that I'm using a modest Togekiss, to pick up KOs on mawile and klefki XD. I have a calm one I RNGed a while ago, and I just need to get my modest ditto from BW. I've been meaning to do it for a while.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
The main problem is that I'm using a modest Togekiss, to pick up KOs on mawile and klefki XD. I have a calm one I RNGed a while ago, and I just need to get my modest ditto from BW. I've been meaning to do it for a while.
If EnGarde wants to clone it, I've got a modest one with nasty plot

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
P3DS Hey! Pyritie has passed the togekiss along to me already, so I can send it to you if you'd like one. In order to keep the logistics of this from spamming this thread, please reply in the distribution thread (link in sig).

I've decided to try using Misty Terrain on my Gardevoir. It's had some success on the sim, especially if she traces Prankster. It's an excellent Klefki/Togekiss deterrent where Thunder Wave is concerned, but it unfortunately doesn't stop confusion from Swagger.

Also, who would have thought Dedenne would be such a nasty little beast in this format? Immunity to paralysis, access to -2 debuffs to both physical and special attack, and pseudo - prankster speed make it a pain to deal with. Its biggest flaw is that it can't take a Synchronoise for crap.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mawile Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 91-109 (92.8 - 111.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Just throwing that out there

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been playing on the sim (which more people should do btw!) and it's a lot of fun. There's no where near as much Mawile as I thought there was going to be but of course that can/will be different on-cart. It's a shame that this is 3v3 though and not 6v6 as half my team will be doing nothing more than bench warming (and they're all dedicated/situational Mawile checks). My cheeleaders include: timid competitive Wigglytuff (if it gets the boost from intimidate Mawile it ohkos with Flamethrower), jolly intimidate Babiri berry Granbull (1v1/lead match-up it can get in a Bulk Up and easily tank a -1 M-Mawile Iron Head then ohko with Earthquake), and a boring/bad thunderswag Klefki with Reflect and Flash Cannon holding a Kee berry (doesn't work). I've come across some interesting things; Specs Flash Cannon Klefki (based on how much damage it did to my Togekiss) is really good and now I want to use it, Dedenne is really annoying with Nuzzle / Eerie Impulse / Volt Switch and now I want to use it, Whimsicott is annoying as ever and I wish I was smart enough to be able to use it, Slurpuff is deceivingly fast (not counting Unburden because I haven't faced it yet) and has moves for everything (Flamethrower/Fire Blast, T-bolt, Energy Ball), and Belly-Jet Azumarill is really strong. Some weird things included a physical M-Gard with Return and Toxic+Blizzard Azumarill. I gave Trick Room+Explosion Carbink a shot to support brave M-Maw and Macho Brace Gard but trick room just doesn't last long enough, and once it's up everything outspeeds you and kills you lol

edit so I don't double post:

Is there anything that benefits from Hidden Power in this meta? I was going to breed HP Fire or Poison onto my Klefki but Flash Cannon hits 120 BP against opposjy Klefki, Mawile and Dedenne anyway. Everything gets Dazzling Gleam which is 120 BP after stab and the only resists are Klefki and Mawile, and most things get Flamethrower/Fire Blast for them anyway... So is anyone running a Hidden Power and if so, why? Only thing I can think of is HP fire on Gardevior but it and Synchronoise both 2hko M-Maw and Klefki anyway so I don't see any point in giving up a moveslot for it

Last edited:
hmm... i might have to re think that wish core then... any ideas on who to replace them with?
anyways besides those two.. would you guys be willing to tell me how good the rest of my team is?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Slurpuff does not learn fire blast
Yeah whoops, I noticed that later when looking through it's moveset but didn't edit it in.. I just assumed because of Flamethrower. It's still giving me a lot of trouble as both my Mawile and Klefki have frailer builds

For some random reason i feel like using this set i made up using my Gallade shiny hunt leftovers:

Gardevoir @Gardevoirite
Trace-Pixilate
252 Attack and Speed, 4 HP
Jolly
Giga Impact
Shadow Sneak
Encore
Reflect

its very strange and unexpected, but works in strange ways, and fails in a good bit more.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
For some random reason i feel like using this set i made up using my Gallade shiny hunt leftovers:

Gardevoir @Gardevoirite
Trace-Pixilate
252 Attack and Speed, 4 HP
Jolly
Giga Impact
Shadow Sneak
Encore
Reflect

its very strange and unexpected, but works in strange ways, and fails in a good bit more.
I really don't know about Giga Impact, in a format where you need to keep Mawile in check you can't afford to give the opponent a free turn to set up a Swords Dance. Even if they don't have a Mawile/you already KO'd it you could still give an Azumarill a Belly Drum, Togekiss a Nasty Plot or Clefable a Cosmic Power/Calm Mind. If you really want to make use of Pixilate that bad then go special and use Hyper Beam instead, but either option is best used as a last ditch effort sort of thing, where you are either going to die the next turn so you can go out with a bang, or you want to finish their last 'mon quickly...

If you are set on the physical Gard' then at least put Return in over Reflect/Encore for a reliable attack. But remember that Mawile will run rampant and 90% will have Intimidate which will make physical Gard' hit even softer (big reason special attackers are favoured here, which makes running some special bulk on your Mawile a good idea)

After messing around on the Showdown ladder lately I think I've got a team I'm happy with, and have learned some cool things along the way

Probably the biggest surprise to me is how damn good Gardevoir is. Even though Mawile is obviously the top dog of the meta I consistently found this set to be the MVP in matches, and if you've seen people use it, you probably know how incredibly annoying it can be:

Gardevoir @ Lum / Leftovers
Trace
Timid / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Synchronoise
Substitute
Encore
Disable / Destiny Bond

Klefki and Whimsicott are common leads which lets you Trace their Prankster, and from there you Sub to avoid status (or Encore immediately against Whimsicott incase it's faster) and then Disable Klefki's Flash Cannon to render it useless if it uses that. This usually results in a free Sub which lets you wreck havoc with Synchronoise since it 1 or 2HKOs almost everything. In general Sub + Encore + Disable stops all kinds of set up moves and really punishes mons with sets that rely on one offensive move. I also ran Destiny Bond for a while which worked with the offensive nature of my team. It's great and I don't think I could go back to any other Gard set.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
After messing around on the Showdown ladder lately I think I've got a team I'm happy with, and have learned some cool things along the way

Probably the biggest surprise to me is how damn good Gardevoir is. Even though Mawile is obviously the top dog of the meta I consistently found this set to be the MVP in matches, and if you've seen people use it, you probably know how incredibly annoying it can be:

Gardevoir @ Lum / Leftovers
Trace
Timid / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Synchronoise
Substitute
Encore
Disable / Destiny Bond

Klefki and Whimsicott are common leads which lets you Trace their Prankster, and from there you Sub to avoid status (or Encore immediately against Whimsicott incase it's faster) and then Disable Klefki's Flash Cannon to render it useless if it uses that. This usually results in a free Sub which lets you wreck havoc with Synchronoise since it 1 or 2HKOs almost everything. In general Sub + Encore + Disable stops all kinds of set up moves and really punishes mons with sets that rely on one offensive move. I also ran Destiny Bond for a while which worked with the offensive nature of my team. It's great and I don't think I could go back to any other Gard set.
Is there any reason why you'd use encore against whimsicott when it commonly carries taunt? Why not just go straight for the synchronoise?

Is there any reason why you'd use encore against whimsicott when it commonly carries taunt? Why not just go straight for the synchronoise?
Usually I found they go straight for the Tailwind or something else, so you can Encore them into that and get a free Sub if they're faster. Also it stops them from using Endeavor after Synchronoise brings them down to its sash if they carry that. And as for Taunt I didn't see it that often against Gardevoir, I guess due to the threat of Synchronoise

Quick question. Do I have to register my full team before the registration closes or is signing up enough? I'm not sure if team registration is a mandatory part of the registration process or whether I can do adjustments tomorrow, etc...

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quick question. Do I have to register my full team before the registration closes or is signing up enough? I'm not sure if team registration is a mandatory part of the registration process or whether I can do adjustments tomorrow, etc...
Unless they've changed it for this, you usually don't register your team until you start the competition, so don't worry about not having finished it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)