Fallout 3 Mafia Postgame and iiMK's 0.4K

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by MK Ultra, Feb 20, 2011.

1. MK Ultra

MK Ultra my teeth taste funny today
    is a Forum Moderator

Approved by Mekkah.

Inspiration for the game is pretty obvious, and I can’t think of anything to put here, so I’ll just get on with it. Player placement was mostly random, with a few changes by Veed and I.

Wasteland

Killed by UncleSam Night 5

The first role thought of, and a pretty obvious one at that. I had high hopes for billymills going into this, but was slightly disappointed later in the game. He didn’t know about some of his villagers (bt’s item for example) and then decided to troll the hosts. He was also never that involved in the running of the village, and had the less experienced players doing it for him. He did, however, suspect that UncleSam was wolf (or at least neutral) really early on, but his villagers never supported a lynch on him.

Killed by Yeti Night 2

Not a lot to say really. Dak was hit by shade when the Enclave figured out he was a vigilante, and none of his kills succeeded.

Godkilled Day 7

Life played really well up until around Day 4, when he, for some reason, told UncleSam he was the village hooker. He then took a large risk in hooking zorbees Night 6 (I think) rather than Sam, which would have put the game back in the village’s favour. However, him telling Sam his role actually paid off, as Sam didn’t believe him and wasted an inspect on him. He was a key player in the village leadership, setting up a web behind billy with Objection and a few others, and a worthy MVP candidate.

Survived

AJ played ok for a first game, though thought dmtc was the silencer. Had he realised that it was in fact UncleSam, the village could have won right up to the end. He, along with Life and Objection, was part of the actual village leadership.

Killed by danmantincan Night 5

Probably the most overpowered village role, at least in combination with the others. I don’t recall speaking to LightWolf, but he never made anything I’d call a bad move.

Killed by UncleSam Night 6

The item never came into play, and there isn’t much to say aside from don’t guard someone acting as suspiciously as Sam was.

Killed by UncleSam Night 4

Tas decided to safeguard Sam Night 0, confusing billymills to no end, but aside from that, he and Altair weren’t particularly remarkable.

Killed by danmantincan Night 7

Objection was the second half of the background leadershipof the village, and only successfully stole one item - the enclave’s redirector. Objection and Life concocted a masterful plan involving redirecting zorbees and US, resulting in zorbees being powerless and UncleSam dying, and it would have come off without a hitch... had we not inadvertently made it a troll item by giving it a very low priority. Sorry man. He also planned a second time to switch himself and dmtc, making it three village against Sam, but that didn’t work either...

Killed by zorbees Night 1

He guarded UncleSam iirc, which wasn’t a smart move, and got randed. Yeah.

Survived

Aside from the obvious Veedrock being a dickweed jokes, rickheg never really came into the game.

Killed by UltraPorygon Night 2

Ipl played traditionally ipl-like at first and people weren’t particularly trusting of him unfortunately, as he was completely clean. When ginga took over and he still wanted info, he began to compile a reasonable spread, but never seemed to push for control of the village from billy until he was offed by the creatures.

Lynched Day 4

Not a clue why you didn’t pass on the item. You knew there were equal numbers, and you didn’t even ask me if you could pass the item. Sorry to be so hard on you, but not a good moment for you there, along with p-downing the vigilante who was about to kill the wolf.

However, B_T’s role did allow a mass village cleaning by Day 2 and got Fangren lynched.

Killed by zorbees Night 3

Nilf stopped the redirect of the lynch from Jiggly, and then got killed. Moving on. I know people didn’t like the role, but it wasn’t my idea, and I couldn’t exactly say no to Mekkah.

The Enclave

The Enclave had a large focus on information roles, and were the first faction eliminated. If LightWolf had died, DLE would have become a full inspector. They also had really bad luck in continually hitting safeguarded targets up until around N3, and when Jiggly claimed, you all know what happened.

Killed by UncleSam Night 1

von played reasonably well, though his tenure was cut short by UncleSam as von put up the most vocal resistace, and Sam had the suspicion of him being mafia, so offed him to make himself look more clean.

Lynched Day 4

Yeti was suspected by billymills, who didn’t like the smell of her fake, and when the inspector confirmed it, she was lynched along with B_T.

Lynched Day 6

shade was the main co-ordinator of the Enclave’s actions, and played very well. The spread was pretty good, especially for a team without an inspector, and he was trusted (granted, a few were suspicious, but nothing ever came of it) by a large amount of the village until the Spartacus moment D4. He was one of the victims of UncleSam’s plan to ‘eliminate the intelligent, I can only argue with stupid people’

Killed by danmantincan Night 6

zorbees played pretty well, though I didn’t speak to him a lot. UncleSam inspected him and fed the information to billy - the Enclave didn’t stand much of a chance after that.

Lynched Day 3

‘This is my fake...’ The screenshot billy showed me was priceless, and when jiggly realised what she’d done, you couldn’t help but laugh. The role was really weak, and got only one result iirc.

The Creatures

The Creatures were focused on screwing with others. They were going fairly well after the early loss of two teammates, but UltraPorygon had two successive conversations with UncleSam, during which he revealed both of his teammates and one of their roles. They were also very late to be organised, never having a spread and only having an irc channel after Quag subbed in. Their kills were nightly, with one person doing it all but having a backup. It went Fangren-makiri-UltraPorygon-polelover44-Exarius.

Lynched Day 2

Fangren had a reasonable game, though was targeted by b_t, who was able to deduce that he was a mafia hooker.

Lynched Day 1

makiri was unfortunately inspected by Sam, and I never talked to him.

Lynched Day 7

Exarius was revealed by Ultra when he didn’t realise there was a mention of ‘Exa’ in a log which he had used find&replace to get rid of all mentions of ‘Exarius’. He played reasonable well, a highlight being spending three hours making a speech that was refuted by Sam after three minutes.

Survived

Everything about Ultra has been/will be said, so I’ll focus on dmtc. Sam knew all of the Creatures, and had them as his bitches when he subbed in, so they never really stood a chance. He ended up as the kingmaker, though he would have had to have been approached by AlphaJolt to have known how to have the village win, and as AJ thought dmtc was the silencer, that wasn’t going to happen.

Killed by UncleSam Night 7

I didn’t have a lot of contact with pole before he asked to be subbed out as he was a little inactive/busy, and when Quagsires subbed in, he was the main planner (Exa wasn’t on irc enough to talk) and was the closest to getting out of UncleSam’s pimp-hold. Unfortunately, once they submitted to Sam, no amount of planning was going to save them.

Neutrals

Won Night 3

Flamestrike played reasonably well, getting into contace with billy early. I was kind of hoping he’d go the mercenary route, but playing it safe worked much better for him. The win condition was something Mekkah, Veed and I weren’t really sure about as this role hasn’t been done before, and it was pretty easy in a game with so many kills flying around, especially starting on the village.

Lynched Day 1 Survived

WOLF BG PROTECT ALL CLAIM
    Sam started by claiming unispectable man who wanted to lead the village, using his reputation from Redwall to make him seem less retarded. Billy was all for lynching him, but then decided to attempt to extort information in exchange for his life. Sam complied for a while, eliminating the more vocal resistance more efficiently than Stalin and not targeting many villagers. He also kept his silence under wraps for a long time. When Ultra revealed his teammates, the Creatures stood very little chance as UncleSam practically controlled them. He got rid of billy, fearing the noose, and then went about destroying the village through lynch control. He also came up with the idea of controlling the lynch by uniting all non-village against b_t. He came up with a plan around Day 5 that he was able to carry through the whole game. He was very lucky to survive the early game, as he was targeted by dak/-tle- every cycle, but had a bpv, a bg, and dak was p-downed.

Awards

Best Villager:
    Show Hide
    LifeAdmiral

Best Enclave:
    Show Hide
    shade

Best Creature:
    Show Hide
    Quagsires

MVP:
    Show Hide
    UncleSam

Best sheet:
    Show Hide
    Enclave - vonFiedler/zorbees

Biggest mistake:
    Show Hide
    Jigglypuffers42 - Here’s my fake...

Just want to thank Veedrock for co-hosting and helping a huge amount with balancing the game, and thank everyone for playing.

If there’s anything you think I’ve got wrong or missed out, tell me and I’ll put it in.

<Spiffy> iimk can you mention me in your postgame

This is Spiffy. He has been mentioned.
  2. Spiffy

Spiffy

:D

Also I can't believe UncleSam won.
  3. LifeAdmiral

LifeAdmiral

Best villager! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Anyway, I tried my best, couldn't pull out a Village win, mostly because Sam turned the Creatures into his bitch (I saw this long before they did but couldn't do anything about). And MK/Veed trolled me and Objection hard with the redirector item (Shade was PISSED when Objection stole it) since we could have still pulled of a Village victory.

So yeah, good game and congrats to UncleSam.
  4. UncleSam

UncleSam

-billymills was killed night 5 not night 4.
    -As I have told iimk, billymills was the best villager up until about day 3 and second best after that to life, to I really don't know why he has mostly negative comments.

Other than that, I wish to express my displeasure at Spiffy being mentioned in this thread.

I think everyone knows my entire plan/line of reasoning by now so I will refrain from repeating it again here. If anyone wants to know anything about why I did what I did though I will try to answer.
  5. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

i realize i played absolute shite, also stopping the wolf kill is something completely new to me and now i feel even worse

but yeah i completely forgot about the item and i'm really sorry for it, and i'm also sure it will never happen to me again :/

i do think though that i managed to give some good advice, communicated alot between key roles (most of which i gave advice to), and of course saved us from a costly billy (?!) lynch by leading to the lynch of the mafia hooker. not to mention i was pretty informative and patient with my super useful ability. yes i am trying to make myself feel better

this was an alright game, thanks for hosting

edit: yeah there is no reason to be harsh on billy, he played a good game. it's my fault for not sharing my item with billy, not his.
  6. UncleSam

UncleSam

b_t I wouldn't have died for two other reasons apart from your deprio:
    -I was protected that night by smashlloyd
    -The Enclave kill was higher prio than the vigilante kill was even before the deprio

In other words, your deprioing dak really wasn't what stopped me from dying.
  7. LifeAdmiral

LifeAdmiral

Goes to show how absolutely unorganized this village was.
  8. Objection

Objection

Throughout the game I was wondering where all the items were but didn't know because I didn't tell anyone except Life that I was a thief and he didn't know where any items were. So all my targets were people I thought were bad guys and looked like they were going to get lynched shortly. I was surprised when I got the redirection item from shade. I love how everyone thought that I also stole a mayor item.

Kudos to LifeAdmiral for giving the village a chance of winning.
  9. vonFiedler

vonFiedler

hey that was my sheet
  10. MK Ultra

is a Forum Moderator

But you died n1...

shade did the majority of work on it.
  11. vonFiedler

vonFiedler

Lol, are you sure about that? According to the revision history, zorbees did far more edits, and even then half of it was conjecture from before I died (and it wasn't even finished). After death, I even kept it formatted properly. I was really fucking proactive this game, shame US had to kill me.
  12. MK Ultra

is a Forum Moderator

Oh, lol.

I didn't check it, I just thought shade fsr.
  13. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

I got into the village late, because I wasn't sure if I should trust billy, but in the end I went to him the night before I died.

I proposed a protection plan for the night, which worked out nicely. But after that I mostly complained about how easy it was for the non villagers to gain majority, oh well.

I p much realised our win chances were close to none, but I still found one, where even with perfect play on the enemy side, we had a chance. It included me being protected the night I died(mostly since I suspected, that they realised the existance of another BG, and I was the only unclear guy), but billy never went through with that plan, he seemed to be depending on US too much, I told him he can ask him, but he shouldn't depend on him alone. Sadly he did.

Tbh I don't see why anything the village did after billy's death mattered at all, since then the game was obv lost.
  14. UncleSam

UncleSam

The village was one item's priority away from winning on TWO separate occasions LightWolf.

What the village did mattered quite a bit after billy died.
  15. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

I was assuming prefect play from the mafias, but alas they didn't
  16. polelover44

polelover44

Yeah so I realized I had to go to the Caribbean for a week with no wifi so I couldn't play and I decided it would be better to ask to be subbed out than go inactive and fuck my faction over.
  17. shade

shade sweet like sugar
    is a Forum Moderator

didn't agree with billy's tactics at all, unclesam should have been shafted so early and from what i saw, heard and played the opposing mafia faction were pretty much inept. in light of that we did pretty well. there was kinda more thought behind the nachos kill than i let on, but it was obvious he was village so eh why not.

decent game, riddled with a lot of poor play!
  18. LifeAdmiral

LifeAdmiral

No, what Sam means is the redirection item. We basically could control kills with it... if the stupid priority wasn't set so low. Had it have first priority, Sam would have died and the Creatures would have been rendered useless (and I'd probably be alive at the end of the game too).
  19. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

billy's sheet sucked more than I thought then.
  20. MK Ultra

is a Forum Moderator

Fixed.

Or if it did, I didn't know about it.
  21. MK Ultra

is a Forum Moderator

Some other stuff you may be interested in:

Ultra's deal with Sam:
    Exarius' and shade's reaction to the slip:
    More reactions/planning:
    Thanks to UP for finding these.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)