Fallout 4

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
2 tickets for the hype train pls

also this almost 100% confirms it's based out of boston, you can see the uss constitution, fenway park (the giant green fortress), and the paul revere statue in boston common

edit: how the hell did i miss the massachusetts state house

wow tennisace you're dumb.

I like that the area selected gives a chance for diversity, and that the colour scheme seems a bit more diverse. I don't know if they'll be able to balance brightness with the desolate nature of Fallout 3 that I really liked, but we'll see.

I wonder if they'll ever be willing to approach the metro type system again. I thought there was more potential with it than what was fleshed out in Fallout 3 - namely that they could have have made the metro more connected and added smaller communities and settlements, to give a full underground map instead of just connecting bits and pieces. I mean, wouldn't it make sense to have some underground communities from a lore standpoint?

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am so fucking stoked for this. I've been waiting for this game to be announced for years now.

Looks like they updated the engine, which is good cause they didn't for New Vegas and it was buggy as hell.

Does anyone have any news on the Pipboy editions? I really wanna get one (or 3), but they've been sold out since the reveal. I'm hoping that they'll just make a bunch more to meet the demand, but they'll probably make a small amount. If you have any info on that let me know.

I'm liking what I've seen so far. I was lukewarm on New Vegas for a couple reasons, mainly repetitive, dull environments and mediocre combat and the world looks a lot more colorful at the very least.

that's funny, i much preffer new vegas' combat and environment to fo3's. opinions i guess.

also GET HYPE

First off, I am really hyped for this game. I plan on getting an Xbox One/PS4 when this comes out.

So this is pretty interesting. Skill levels no longer exist; skill are now improved by selecting perks, with each perk having a SPECIAL requirement and multiple ranks. Some people seem to be wary of this, but I like the idea of it. What do you guys think?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The fact that individual perks have to be taken multiple times to get numerical effects out of them is an instant downgrade. I realize it's cribbed from Skyrim, but Elder Scrolls previously had nothing like perks.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm avoiding looking at any of the gameplay / skill based trailers so that I can have a totally blind playthrough right when it comes out. Thats always the best to discover it first hand and then go back and look up stuff after playing.

Jesus that's insane. I was tempted to chance it with my current pc that is pretty close to being absolutely terrible by today's standards (radeon 6850 w/ 8gb ram - somehow this handles gta 5 at minimum settings at close to 40 fps aka 'playable'), but now I really can't hold off on an upgrade if I wanna play this. Only problem is that I have no idea where to start (if i buy new parts, will they work with my current setup? what parts to get for the purposes of running games better? etc) and no idea how much to save.

One thing I do wonder is, if these are the specs for PC, will it just be really stripped down graphics wise on consoles to maintain fps? Or will the fact that the devs know the PS4/XB1 specs to optimize for remove that issue? That could be a concern for those deciding between a better pc or buying on consoles. The game looks super hype though, I just pray it lives up to it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Jesus that's insane. I was tempted to chance it with my current pc that is pretty close to being absolutely terrible by today's standards (radeon 6850 w/ 8gb ram - somehow this handles gta 5 at minimum settings at close to 40 fps aka 'playable'), but now I really can't hold off on an upgrade if I wanna play this. Only problem is that I have no idea where to start (if i buy new parts, will they work with my current setup? what parts to get for the purposes of running games better? etc) and no idea how much to save.

One thing I do wonder is, if these are the specs for PC, will it just be really stripped down graphics wise on consoles to maintain fps? Or will the fact that the devs know the PS4/XB1 specs to optimize for remove that issue? That could be a concern for those deciding between a better pc or buying on consoles. The game looks super hype though, I just pray it lives up to it.
You could probably build your own machine (as long as you have a decent screen already, and an OS disk somewhere) for about £500~600 and be able to play it comfortably... I know that is still quite a lot of money (I assume you're American), but I think America generally has much better tech prices than the UK. If you're going to go down that route, 16GB of RAM is a minimum honestly... and a 4GB Graphics card, i5/i7 (or AMD equivalent). I don't really like upgrading because you're usually limited by your Motherboard anyway (newest spec RAM doesn't work in older RAM slots etc).

The console versions will likely not have the huge array of texture/draw distance options that the PC version will have. It won't be as... "crisp" but the graphics will likely still be great. They will likely only be 30fps locked too, whereas the PC will be 60fps+. I am wondering if the recommended specs for PC are simply the game running with most settings at High/Ultra levels of quality, while the min is at Low/Medium. I wish with these specs they have some indication/description of the options they have used to give us those specs, especially in terms of what resolution this settings are at, it takes a lot less to tun at 1200x800 than 1920x1200 (or larger) [As an aside, Battlefront says it needs a 2GB card, but I've been playing with a 1GB card fine with some hitches in loading screens etc].

You could probably build your own machine (as long as you have a decent screen already, and an OS disk somewhere) for about £500~600 and be able to play it comfortably... I know that is still quite a lot of money (I assume you're American), but I think America generally has much better tech prices than the UK. If you're going to go down that route, 16GB of RAM is a minimum honestly... and a 4GB Graphics card, i5/i7 (or AMD equivalent). I don't really like upgrading because you're usually limited by your Motherboard anyway (newest spec RAM doesn't work in older RAM slots etc).

The console versions will likely not have the huge array of texture/draw distance options that the PC version will have. It won't be as... "crisp" but the graphics will likely still be great. They will likely only be 30fps locked too, whereas the PC will be 60fps+. I am wondering if the recommended specs for PC are simply the game running with most settings at High/Ultra levels of quality, while the min is at Low/Medium. I wish with these specs they have some indication/description of the options they have used to give us those specs, especially in terms of what resolution this settings are at, it takes a lot less to tun at 1200x800 than 1920x1200 (or larger) [As an aside, Battlefront says it needs a 2GB card, but I've been playing with a 1GB card fine with some hitches in loading screens etc].
£500 is the price I paid for my current PC lmao (a friend built it for me, I paid for the parts) and I am in the UK. I think I'll have to dodge the release until later, I won't have that kinda money until around Black Friday (Nov 27th), which might help with getting even better parts. Cheers for the advice!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I'm aware that this thread hasn't been posted in in forever, but I want to say so far Far Harbour (Fuck bethesda spelling) is fantastic. Barely even really gotten into it and the landmass and the creepiness is ace. All the characters I've met seem interesting (if a little creepy in places), but there are a few I really want to kill in the same way I want to nuke Marcy Long.

Lots of new enemies and new areas to explore, the island itself is huge. But the music is by far the best part... So atmospheric and wonderfully composed. Gulpers are creepy as fuck, there are even bigger bears and there is a super fucking creepy crawler type thing (which I guess is a mutated Centipede).

The Mechanist DLC and the other Workshop ones were also good. Mechanicst especially as you can become some sort of Robot overlord in the end with being able to build your own robots and send them out into the CommonWealth. Even in the base game I am still finding areas which I have never been too before and I have like, nearly 250 hours or something in the game. I'm really excited about what is going to come next because there are a lot of things which are possible :) I hope we get some more default character DLC's and they expand on a few more of their backstories.

So I'm aware that this thread hasn't been posted in in forever, but I want to say so far Far Harbour (Fuck bethesda spelling) is fantastic. Barely even really gotten into it and the landmass and the creepiness is ace. All the characters I've met seem interesting (if a little creepy in places), but there are a few I really want to kill in the same way I want to nuke Marcy Long.

Lots of new enemies and new areas to explore, the island itself is huge. But the music is by far the best part... So atmospheric and wonderfully composed. Gulpers are creepy as fuck, there are even bigger bears and there is a super fucking creepy crawler type thing (which I guess is a mutated Centipede).

The Mechanist DLC and the other Workshop ones were also good. Mechanicst especially as you can become some sort of Robot overlord in the end with being able to build your own robots and send them out into the CommonWealth. Even in the base game I am still finding areas which I have never been too before and I have like, nearly 250 hours or something in the game. I'm really excited about what is going to come next because there are a lot of things which are possible :) I hope we get some more default character DLC's and they expand on a few more of their backstories.
Yep I agree. I'm making a Youtube series on it and sometimes I stop commenting because of how astonished I am by the fog and atmosphere. Also Wasteland Workshop is soooo much fun.

Also LEVER ACTION RIFLES FINALLY!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)