Other Fast Paced Doubles Team

Greetings!

I've reached a maximum of 51 wins in Super Doubles but I'm looking to modify this team since I cannot use Pokemons not in the Alolan Dex in the upcoming May tournament.

The Team

Tapu Koko @ Air Balloon
Ability: Electric Surge
IVs:
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Discharge
- Tail Glow
- Grass Knot
- Protect

If any of the two are weak to electric and provided there's no ground threat, I normally start with Tapu Koko Protect and Xurkitree Discharge. This is to quickly trigger Beast Boost. Otherwise, I can use Tapu Koko with Dazzling Gleam or Volt Switch and Xurkitree Tail Glow. Alternatively, since Tapu Koko is faster than Xurkitree, I can use Volt Switch to switch to Garchomp while Xurkitree uses Discharge to guarantee a kill. Xurkitree's Grass Knot is to OHKO bulky ground Pokemons and for coverage.

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Outrage
- Protect

Once I have Garchomp and any of my electric Pokemons in play, I use Earthquake and Protect for the other. If Tapu Koko's Air Balloon is still active, I can use Discharge or Dazzling Gleam depending on my assessment on the speeds of the 4 Pokemons in play. Poison Jab provides good coverage against Fairy and Grass types. Outrage for raw power but can be substituted to Dragon Claw for consistency

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

This Pokemon is a great sweeper for this team! Taking out those pesky Fire, Ground, Ghost, Dark, and basically any Pokemon that my other three Pokemons have had a hard time disposing. Greninja is a critical player in this team. HOWEVER, I cannot use him in the upcoming May tournament since he's not part of the Alolan Dex.

Conclusion

Despite this team being capable of reaching 51 wins (and above, had I not accidentally pressed a wrong move while dozing off), I am still uncertain if this team can do well in the tournament. Note that mega stones also can't be used. My battle style is fast paced so I'm thinking of a sweeper to complete the team. Any help with my 4th pokemon, including suggestions for the rest of the team, are welcome and will be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)