Fastest and most powerful set up sweepers

whats up guys, a while back I created a team based around Agility Metagross after getting my ass handed to by it. (If you use Gyarados as your main physical wall, you MUST have an answer to this, or lose every time) Ive been using the team lately and doing well, I'm surprised at how simple it is to use. But anyways, Metagross either does work or does nothing at all.

My 5 other mons are consistent as hell but Metagross is the opposite and he is the core of the team

I'm looking for some replacements to test out but nothing works so far because of how unique Metagross is. I would have to change the whole team to fit a new mon, which I dont feel like because of how well it works for me right now.

So I'm here to ask: What pokemon have the most speed and power after 1 turn of set up? Ive tried other pokemon but they usually fall short because of how unique Agiligross is. If youve run it before, you know he basically cannot be revenge killed because he is faster and kills most of the dangerous revenge killers in one hit. The rest get OHKO after taking damage from repeated switch ins, late game. And pretty much even the walls get the dick after youve weakened them plenty. He also is unique thanks to Clear Body ensuring his attack can only go up, not down. Plus a SR resistance and Toxic immunity. But these are just nice additional things, I'm mostly interested in what you guys say are the strongest after one turn of set up.

Both of AgilityGross and DD Dragonite are the best setup sweepers in the tier in my opinion : They can't really be easily revenge killed (neutral/resisted priorites, the resist berry with their natural bulk allow them to setup, lure or even revenge kill mons with them (Metagross resist to EQ Gon and setup on him, he can also resist EQ from Dragonite/Tyranitar at +1 and OHKO/2HKO them with the right move, while Dragonite is resisting to ice moves from Suicune, Starmie, Rotom-A, Mamoswine ect ...). But obviously, they will need good support to work (AgilityGross just need teammates which can overhelm balanced/stallish teams, and hazard sometimes or Magnezone for exemple). Also people tend to be overprepared to other sweepers such as Lucario, Tyranitar or Gyarados, which make Dnite/Gross even more threating. (also the only setup sweeper which can actually revenge kill Gross with ease is Scarf Ape, but you should be really gay to play that shit).

scarf ape not only tends to not run max speed but even if it does it doesnt even outrun max speed gross (which also has the benefit of outrunning max speed adamant gyara).

there arent really any salamence-esque behemoths that both outrun and kill everything after a boost. this is why random 3 attack agility empoleons are stupid, they expect to win once they get their free turn but it is not an ohko machine against healthy pokemon. sub petaya, on the other hand...

anyway the fastest and strongest thing youll find after one turn of setup is sd lucario, who becomes incredibly powerful and wields an amazing priority attack, usually even two. rd kingdra is a very close second. dd gyara/nite are great and all but they just dont have the "lol fuck however fast you are" factor of luc/dra/meta/tr bronzong, which I should mention as it is similar to agiligross but also packs a sweet ground immune. plus it doesnt need life orb to make its stab attack hit incredibly hard (and gross often opts for lum/shuca).

technically sd/np infernape is way faster than luc and for all intents and purposes just as strong but fighting prio sucks (starmie) and it also doesnt have great opportunities to set up, although itll take the scarftar pursuit all day of course. however when you also throw in how notorious it is at getting worn down by everything imaginable and compare it to the unbelievably sturdy lucario then youll see ape is for the most part not as good although I'm certainly not saying it isnt usable.

What do you guys think about AgilityNite? I personally will not consider it in the specific team I'm running because I'm running Dragonite already but what do you guys think of it in general? I never used it but always thought he was the 2nd best Agility sweeper on paper

You can't really get any better than Metagross as far as Agility/RP goes. I've only seen AG Dragonite in the distant past. It's an option, but kinda a crazy one to pass up DD. I guess you can trick them into thinking you have DD and to switch in a fast scarfer, thinking they can outrun you at +1. I'd rather go for the direct hit myself. Not bad if stuff is weakened and no Gyarados on the other side.

The Rocks (Aggron/Rhyperior) run into Speed problems when choosing natures, but can also service. I only ever liked Rhyperior for the Defense and Solid Rock for fast EQs, but it's shafted hard by the Jolly thing and Metagross is just plain better.

The only other SD running at a decent speed and not being frail is Gliscor. EQ hits hard with LO. Not as good as Lucario, but Hyper Cutter is nice.

If we wanna get technical, then obviously rain sweepers can be considered. Kingdra can be splashed in (clichéd and overused tactic, yeah, but still). Rain Dance is a hybrid Agility/+1 offense.

Fuck it, try even Kabutops or Omastar for fun. Kabutops hits like bricks if you manage to SD in rain (hard to do though).

I've said it before but Kabutops under Rain and an SD is easily one of the scariest Pokemon ever. Well, I guess I'll just start up a new team. Thanks for the replies though, you guys brought up a lot of sets I've forgotten about and sparked some team ideas.

dom

Banned deucer.
garchomp after one turn of swords dance u can sweep kids + sandstorm evasion aids
Garchomp is like double banned from dpp ou because it was banned individually and sand veil was banned far later.

I like dragon dance users like Dnite and Gyara myself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)