Favorite Attack Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bone Rush has no votes for one of the worst looking moves? I got it on both a Lucario and a Cubone (two awesome Pokémon), and then I tried it the first time I needed an Earth attack and... Yeah, I did my best to avoid it after that.

Most of the animations are absolutely top notch, though.

I'm going to throw a vote to Psyshock for the one which honestly just wowed me the most. It was just so cool looking!
I'm still not that far into the game (just beat Clemont), so I have a lot left to see. It should be fun.

I actually quite like Focus Blast a lot. Obviously the noise it makes en-route to the target and the impact it makes are great. However, my favourite thing about it is how slow and unstable the actual shot looks as it awkwardly sort of tumbles into the opponent. It's as if the animation is making reference to how notoriously inaccurate it is.

I also have to agree that Dragon Pulse looks really good. It certainly looks much more powerful than it does in gens 3-5. Ironic, though, seeing as it only has 85 BP now.
The awe of the charging sequence coupled with the incredibly fast and accurate beam of pure power and rage (you know, it being a dragon-type move and all) really portray the essence of one of the most well-known and used dragon-type moves.

Agree with others, Brave Bird is AMAZING. My Talonflame (named Kamikaze) using it feels shockingly appropriate.

Earthquake is pretty good too, and Retaliate looks so cool. A Lilipup looked badass using it. A Lilipup!

I really love using blizzard. Especially with Jynx, as it seems to command the weather as it throws its arms in front of it and summons a massive blizzard from behind to annihilate the enemy. Its just so cool looking

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The mighty Retaliate, Seismic Toss and Dragon Pulse.

Can't wait to see what Bolt Strike and Blue Flare look like.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Oblivion Wing lol shit's fucking incredible. Feels like Yveltal is sucking out the other mon's soul or some shit.

Honorable mentions:

Calm Mind, Retaliate, Brave Bird, Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, and Venoshock.

Flare Blitz.
Because I have it now.

I'm also going to agree with Dragon Pulse and Calm Mind. I really like Water Pulse and Dazzling Gleam too.

I got to see Head Charge in the Battle Maison when an enemy Bouffalant used it on me. It looks FANTASTIC. I wish I had remembered to save the video! The perspective changes and the Bouffalant actually runs towards its target.

I got to see Head Charge in the Battle Maison when an enemy Bouffalant used it on me. It looks FANTASTIC. I wish I had remembered to save the video! The perspective changes and the Bouffalant actually runs towards its target.
I saw a Clefairy use it via metronome and it was not as excited, very awkward.

Hey people, my brother and I did a metronome battle, and what kind of amazing fire move was that? (It is 1. turn)

JYMG-WWWW-WWW2-D7QJ

It is called Flammenball in German and burns everything (and best and most amazing animation) Second close is Bouffulant's move and than Brave Bird

Yooo I just evolved my Klang into a Klinklang and got it to learn Shift Gear. IT LOOKS AWESOME. Bonus points for actually showing a gear shift.

Calm Mind looks perfect. Especially when Pokemon like Gardevoir uses it. She looks even more graceful. XD

Earthquake finally looks good after gens of shaking screens.

I'd say overall the animations are worse than Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I love Oblivion Wing though.
I don't know if, objectively speaking, it's better or not, but XY animations impressed and pleased me much more.

Lots of a moves look amazing, but my vote goes to Brave Bird without hesitating. I never saw something that cool coming. Many other breath-taking animations have been mentioned, like Explosion and Calm Mind. I'd like to add Flame Charge, which looks much better than Flare Blitz tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)