Favorite Hack Game

I've played Quartz, for the sake of laughing at just how bad it is.

I got a little way into Turquoise - the FR/LG AU sequel where Team Rocket won before the game's events and took over Kanto that someone made to propose to their girlfriend. I need to get around to it again.

I remember playing a hacked version of Pokémon Crystal that my friend bought for $20 in the Philippines. The game was so screwed up; all the sprites were backwards and you could catch level 5 Charizards and Blastoises before you even got to the first gym leader.

After witnessing this weird crap, I learned one thing: never buy Pokémon games in the Philippines. .-.

Last edited:
My favorite hack is Pokemon Snakewood. It's a Ruby hack, and Hoenn has been invaded by zombies. The starters are koffing, paras, and baltoy. Since all the gyms have been evacuated, you earn badges in some odd ways. It is by far the funniest hack I have ever played.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Tried some Pokémon Omicron a little while back (do Zeta/Omicron count as hacks, or should they be categorized otherwise?). It has many decent ideas for the franchise, a huge range of available Pokémon, different starters (Bellsprout/Magby/Horsea) and a hands down pretty awesome Secret Base system, but in many ways, it shines through that it's not professionally made. Some of the cities look really bland, the route design is so-and-so, and it has several cases of bad spelling and/or grammar. Its attempt at making a darker, more powerful evil team is also only decent at best. And don't even get me started on the music...

Still, it presents several new ideas and concepts I'd really like GameFreak to look at for future games. For instance, the NPC who knows about IVs and how to change them (IV stones, approximately as common as Rare Candies, are scattered throughout the region), or the key items that eventually replace HMs (such as the Machete for Cut or the Dolly for Strength). The game is quite enjoyable, and though I prefer any of the official games over it, it shows a different way of making a Pokémon game - for the better or worse.

I used to play Pokemon Pure White, and damn that was hard. Until the 4th gym, then you start to be overlevelled with strong pokemon and it's "easier". But how many times I lost against the first double Pikachu Lighting Rod or a Porygon with Eviolite ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)