Favorite non-ubers you use in ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bisharp is a monster. Outclassed by SD arcues, but he can be used alongside him as he can kill Giritina.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Night Slash

Enough speed to outspeed support base 90's, the rest in HP to help you take dragon moves a little better, which is how you should set up (on choiced dragon moves, there are plenty).

Omastar. No question about it, this fossil absolutely wrecks the metagame after a Shell Smash. STAB, Rain boosted, LO boosted +2 Hydro Pump? Yeah, not to mention at +4 Speed he outruns everything. What's that? Priority? No my friend, that doesn't work either. You see, Omastar resists ExtremeSpeed, and takes about 40% from a +2 ExtremeKiller Arceus (before the setup of SS), meaning that he can revenge the divine one.

More content in posts in this thread or I'll start handing out infractions, thanks.

Edit @ below: That's fine, I just don't want to see any more of Pokemon / Pokemon / Pokemon / Pokemon posts.

Been having fun with CB Terrakion in ubers. I know that everyone knows that Terrakion is great in ubers, but it can break more things than people think.

I've also had a bit of fun with Choiced Flygon;s u-turns. There aren't many good u-turners in ubers, and even fewer have flygon's speed or stabs.

Apologies to tobes if you do not think of this as much in terms of length; I'm very tired.

Scarf Terrakion is used to beat one of the most common things in Ubers, EKArceus. Without the Scarf, Arceus outruns him and smashes him with +2 BB/EQ.
^ignore this, i'm an idiot and didn't realise max speed Jolly Terrakion outruns standard Arceus by 8 points... but hey arceus can always take out 36 EVs from HP into Speed

Flygon is cool but considering there's Palkia in Ubers... meh.

I've used SD Scizor to some success in the past, it's pretty cool to come in on random Draco Meteors, setup SD, and bust everything in with Bullet Punch. It's outclassed by EK, but hey, Scizor is still cool and it's got a pretty nice set of resistances.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know this may sound really bad at first, but I've found Jellicent to be a really good spin blocker. Now you may ask yourself, WHAT DOES THIS THING HAVE THAT THE OTHER STUFF DOESN'T!

Taunt, that alone makes a world of difference, pair this with WoW and you have something that not only walls Ferrothorn and Forretress, but can Wall break stuff slower then it (I'm looking at you Pink Blobs). Also has decent over all bulk, to serve as a nuisance after performing its job.

Anything else that makes it better? Oh yeah it also stomachs Specs Ogre's Water Spout, courtesy of Water Absorb and makes the whale cry as it has to take another round of Hazards when it comes on. You may say, hey SpD Gira-a does the same! SpD Gira-a however cannot take it after a lot of residual damage :(. Also I find the Water Immunity to be handy whenever going against stuff liked Scarf Palkia but meh thats just me :P. Also recover is > rest IMO. Also totally cuter then Arceus and the renegades, and you can use another Arceus Form if you relied on Ghostceus.

Hydreigon also has a decently fast U-Turn (can outrun positive Rayquaza and below), especially if it runs a Scarf set. Unlike Flygon though, its STAB moves hit a massive number of Ubers for super-effective damage. Give the dark dragon a shot!

Sayonara

don't forget
Tornadus @ Choice Specs
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spe
Timid Nature (-Atk, +Spe)
~ Hurricane
~ Grass Knot
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power [Ice]

What I love about Tornadus, is that it hits REALLY hard in Rain, and it does pretty well in ubers, even with the Stealth Rocks damage piling up.

I've always enjoyed Forretress's company. Rapid Spin and the ability to actually take some physical hits in ubers while surviving a few special ones is pretty unique.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Scarf Terrakion is used to beat one of the most common things in Ubers, EKArceus. Without the Scarf, Arceus outruns him and smashes him with +2 BB/EQ.
^ignore this, i'm an idiot and didn't realise max speed Jolly Terrakion outruns standard Arceus by 8 points... but hey arceus can always take out 36 EVs from HP into Speed

Flygon is cool but considering there's Palkia in Ubers... meh.

I've used SD Scizor to some success in the past, it's pretty cool to come in on random Draco Meteors, setup SD, and bust everything in with Bullet Punch. It's outclassed by EK, but hey, Scizor is still cool and it's got a pretty nice set of resistances.
Jolly Terrakion will always outrun Adamant Ekiller, Jolly Ekiller has to run 160 Spe EVs to outspeed all non-scarf Terrakion. Personally I'm a fan of double dancer Terrakion in ubers; you see a giratina-o in team preview, SD on the obvious switch and cripple it for the rest of the match with a +2 Stone Edge.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I love forretress in ubers, it just shits all over so many teams. Toxic spikes is that good in ubers, and rain+max special defense+sturdy means it's almost certain to get 1 layer.

I also like using lucario just because it's like arceus and rayquaza only with a stronger STAB move. Same thing for scizor, except I like cb specially defensive scizor just because very few teams have things that like taking repeated uturns.

I for one am a big fan of Victini in Ubers. Fusion Bolt kills it's ultimate check, Kyogre, without to much effort (If I remember correctly 2hko?). V-Create (Partnered with Groudon for sun) can wreck most things and does a good number on Foretress. Then Zen Headbutt can be stabed flinch chance it needs. The 100 base speed allows it to outspeed a good portion of normal ubers (Groudon Kyogre Reshiram Zekrom etc.). Really the only bad thing is an Opponent switches in Kyogre on something like V-Create. Drizzle hurts the mass damage out put, Kyogre Resist hurts, and Kyogre's Bulk hurts (Haven't played in a while but I believe it was fairly bulky?)

Honestly, not all on the same team but these pokemon have worked well on teams for me.
Blaziken (no matter what I will never consider speed boost chicken under ever), Infernape, Gliscor, Lucario, and Whimsicott
Reasons you say ?

Blaze: With getting lucky about either A: Causing a swap, B: Predicting a move that won't kill C: Living with sash or other ways, Ken rapes. Simply being able to hit as hard as he can is amazing. (Still not uber imo)

Nape: With higher initial speed than Ken, there is no need to protect. And even then, with the option of using grass knot on the R/S cover legends, CC which is safer than HJK, being able to uturn out, it's high 108 speed, along with mixed 104 (right ?) mixed attacking stats hits just so hard. And now with iron fist he can use Mach Punch right off the bat

Gliscor: Are special attacks everywhere ? Yes. Is ice one of the main attacking types ? You bet. Are things much higher attacking stats a pain yep. Can Gliscor wall the physical ones ? Definitely. With his sub, toxic, protect, taunt set he's able to stall and poison so many things. Plus he can use the option of EQ to hit many things at least neutrally. So when used right, rouge can be a major asset

Lucario: Although Lucy may have a glass jaw, she can hit amazingly hard. Mostly with her physical set, but purple never foresee the special set coming. Yes, the physical can sweep side by side with EK Arceus, and hit on most uber.lower defense, but still hits hard. But get physical moves have much more power. And with 2 priority moves in her physical roster, she can do beautifully

Whimsicott: Priority seed, sun, and sub and even encore and taunt, this pokemon can make done fortresses shake and all they can do is swap and spin. And sadly gyro ball

Mienshao: While behind the musketeers, her abnormally high 105 base speed, along with high attack, with the highest power fighting move, (i think right ?), regenerator, uturn, enough special attack to go slightly mixed, she can hit many, again on the weaker physical defense, along with hitting many steels, and even dark types she is amazing. (To bad noting she can do to ghosts)

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Infernape in Ubers seems like an inferior Blaziken to me. Its only advantage over it is maybe running a Choice Band set, who would be outclassed by CB Zekrom, and a Scarf set would eventually end up being outclassed by Blaziken due to Speed Boost, as well as Heracross, who can actually switch in on Darkrai (even able to switch in on Dark Void if it has Sleep Talk, taking advantage of the Sleep with Guts), and Terrakion, who has X-Scissor to damage the ever-so-common-in-Ubers Psychics, and getting STAB on Stone Edge.

Anyway, I have to say that lately I've been using Mamoswine in ubers, and it's quite entertaining to use.

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Substitute

I pair this up with Kyogre, and switch it in on the many Choiced Thunders in Ubers. After forcing out the attacker, it gets up a sub to see what they switch in. Icicle Crash + Earthquake 2HKOs a good amount of the Ubers walls, and Ice Shard is a good tool to KO Rayquaza/Salamence. Done some clean sweeps with it.

Victini @ Expert Belt
naive
252 att/252 spe/4 sp.att

V-Create
U-Turn
Fusion Bolt
Hp:Ice

V-Create in the sun wrecks, and he can hit kyogre with fusion bolt which hits all those ogres that think he's choiced.

Except that, after using V-Create, your speed drops and you're slower than Kyogre (and pretty much everything else), meaning Kyogre can kill you quickly. If you used U-Turn, you switched out anyway, and if you use HP Ice...well, you're not going to get off HP Ice that often, given that Rayquaza murders you with Extremespeed and it doesn't do enough damage to anything else of note to keep them from killing you. If you want to KO Kyogre, you have to hit it on the switch in, so you're really better off with Choice Band or Choice Scarf.

Victini @ Expert Belt
naive
252 att/252 spe/4 sp.att

V-Create
U-Turn
Fusion Bolt
Hp:Ice

V-Create in the sun wrecks, and he can hit kyogre with fusion bolt which hits all those ogres that think he's choiced.
pretty much outclassed by blaziken...

Ferrothorn is an obvious one. I run max SDef Ferrothorn and it's a great counter to Kyogre, Palkia (in rain), among other things, being able to switch in and cripple with T-wave.

I also love using Kingdra, as it's able to revenge many common threats such as Palkia and Darkrai in the rain

I personally like Forretress. Being able to set up your choice of (Toxic) Spikes or Stealth rock at least once (well, except for Reshiram) is sweet. The ability to spin them away is just icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)