FCBarcelona-Epic

FCBarcelona-EPIC

Introduction​
Hey everybody I'm new to Smogon but not new to competitive battling. I have been playing for a few months now but could never design a perfect team for my liking.This is my best team til date and got me to #7 on the Smogon ladder and #2 on the PO ladder.Its been very successful and im looking for ways to improve on it so please help me.The whole team is based around Agility Metagross as he is my favorite sweeper in the game and a Dragon Dancing Dragonite as it has perfect synergy with Metagross and I use pokemon like Scarftar, Offensive Shaymin, Life Orb Heatran and the Defensive Washing Machine to weakan my opponents team and go for my Dragonnite+Meta sweep.Im basing this team around my favorite football club FCBarcelona because I just love them and they have great synergy with their players just like my team and this team focuses on Lionel Messi(Metagross) and David Villa(Dragonite) to sweep just like FCBarcelona!​

Team At A Glance​

The Game Plan​

Xavi The Heatran
Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Stealth Rock
Description:
Oh boy this thing is great my favorite lead to use for the simple fact that it almost always gets me SR and half the time doesnt let my opponent do the same thing.A major pro about using this Heatran is the fact that it can OHKO Machamp which is really neat for a lead.I use overheat as my main attacking move except for bulky waters i use HP Grass and Earth Power for other heatrans.Modest+LO gives me max damage.Its really bulky too so unless you are carrying a super effective move(Which I try not to switch out on) this guy can come back later and surprise kills with its overheat.You dont know how powerful this thing really is.It shows its real power when it gets a flashfire boost.Overheat+STAB+252SpAtk+FlashFire+Modest+LifeOrb+Epicness=Win.He is named after Xavi because Xavi is what starts everything and assists in almost all of Lionel Messi's and David Villa's goals just like that this heatran gives me great momentum!

Ibrahimovic The Tyranitar
Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- SuperPower
Tyranitar really aids in Metagross sweep as Metagross is walled by Rotom and Tyranitar traps him and kills him.This has got to be a glue for all teams the combination of dual stab and superpower for whatever resists it is great and running a jolly nature allows me to outspeed all non scarf starmie, gengar and rotom to KO them before they can do anything.It also serves as a great late game cleaner and revenge killer.Half my team is immune to sandstorm so yeah thats not any major problem.He is named after Ibrah because Ibrah makes it real hard for people to escape without giving him the ball and Tyranitar doesnt let ghosts escape til they give him their soul.

Iniesta The Shaymin
Shaymin @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4Hp
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Seed Flare
- Rest
This little green monster is so underestimated.He has the power to sweep weakened teams with a bit of help and recovery.The moovepool is really simple SeedFlare is the ultimate STAB attack which keeps on getting stonger the more you use it.Earthpower is for Pokemon like Heatran that resist SeedFlare.HiddenPower Ice helps me take out stuff like Dragonite and other Shaymin.Rest is to recover so this demon with a recovery move rest and natural cure is really hard to take down.Named after Iniesta because people underestimated him and he became the star of the show at the world cup finals.

Puyol The Rotom-W
Rotom-w @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
Rotom-W is a support Pokemon for my team he really helps in making the other team weak with Will O Wisp slowly wearing them down.He puts alot of pressure on the foe and with a double stab of ShadowBall and Thunderbolt its pretty good coverage which can kill foes after WoW weakened them.I love hydro pump for all the Tyranitars and Heatrans that switch in to take the flash fire from WoW.I love burning incoming Tyranitar.Rotom was named after Puyol because he is my fave defensive pokemon and puts on alot of pressure on the foe just like Puyol(Best denender).

David Villa The Dragonite
Dragonite (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
This guy is great after 1 dragon dance he can 2HKO everything in OU.Its really simple you bring him out on something that you can set up on like a choiced earthquake or a Heatran.Then you DD, if the guy brings out a Starmie or something you DD again because you have a yache berry to take the ice beam.After that you sweep.Outrage is the main attack move, earthquake for stuff like heatran and flamethrower so I dont get walled by Skarmory.Named after Villa because David Villa is Messi's assistant and can sweep so much on his own too the two have great synergy just like Dnite and Meta.

Lionel Messi The Metagross
Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
The star of the show, after an agility you have a mad sweeping maching with 450+ speed and 405 Atk, with aid from the rest of FCBarceola this guy can eaisly clean up late game.Meteor Mash for STAB, earthquake for stuff that resist mash like Infernape, Heatran etc.ThunderPunch is for Gyrados and flying Pokemon.Life Orb is to max out the damage.Named after my favorite player in the world Lionel Messi because he is so agile and powerful just like Meta and with a pass from his team members its always gameover after Messi gets the ball.My favorite player=My favorite pokemon <3

Thank You For Reading

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey I got your VM.
Just a few quick points.

First I am not realy sure what Rotom is doing for you on the team. Sure its burning things but I don't think that its helping you too much. I amso think you are slightly vulnerabel to SD Infernape with Mach Punch. Its rare but once Dragonite is weakened its doing a fairly good job at cleaning your team up. You will also struggle against a well played stall team since many of your physical attackers are walled by Skarmory and Heatran can be dealt with by a Blissey or a Rest Talk Gyarados on stall.

To fix this I suggest a BulkyDos over Rotom. It still gives you a check to earthquake but it also deals with fighting types like Infernape which can give you grief.
Here is the set

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

This set also lets you deal with stall better and I don't believe that you lose much from switching to Rotom.

Laslty I think that Zen Headbutt is a decent option on Metagross since it will 2KO Gyarados and lets you not be walled by Rotom.

Hope I helped

Have a Nice Day!

Hey I got your VM.
Just a few quick points.

First I am not realy sure what Rotom is doing for you on the team. Sure its burning things but I don't think that its helping you too much. I amso think you are slightly vulnerabel to SD Infernape with Mach Punch. Its rare but once Dragonite is weakened its doing a fairly good job at cleaning your team up. You will also struggle against a well played stall team since many of your physical attackers are walled by Skarmory and Heatran can be dealt with by a Blissey or a Rest Talk Gyarados on stall.

To fix this I suggest a BulkyDos over Rotom. It still gives you a check to earthquake but it also deals with fighting types like Infernape which can give you grief.
Here is the set

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

This set also lets you deal with stall better and I don't believe that you lose much from switching to Rotom.

Laslty I think that Zen Headbutt is a decent option on Metagross since it will 2KO Gyarados and lets you not be walled by Rotom.

Hope I helped

Have a Nice Day!
First of all thanks alot for rating!
I also thought Rotom was the weakest link in this team and i will try that gyrados.
As for zen headbutt i prefer tpunch as it OHKOs gyra and if gyra has lots of health he will just KO me with EQ the next turn.Rotom isnt much of a problem as my team is designd to get rid of him before i proceed to my meta sweep

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

Solid team, congrats on your success! Any particular reason why you're running Expert Belt on Shaymin? I'd suggest switching it out for a Life Orb, to get much more powerful neutral hits on the likes of Rotom-a, Snorlax and Machamp. The loss of 10% health each turn doesn't really matter much when you have a full recovery move at your disposal.

It might not be a bad idea to try out Fire Blast on Nite. With a Special Attack reducing nature, Dragonite really needs all the power it can get to hit stuff like Skarmory and Bronzong.

Mixnape can be a bit of a headache for you to face, as it outspeeds and KOs your whole team barring Tyranitar, who can't switch in reliably. Since Rotom seems like the most replaceable Pokemon on your team, I'd suggest switching out for a Vaporeon. Vappy also helps you out with your DD Gyara weakness, since Rotom isn't the most reliable counter to it. Vappy also provides excellent support for your team with Wish, and can really help out your Pokemon who otherwise get worn down from the lack of Rapid Spin support. A moveset of Surf/Wish/Protect/HP Electric with a max/max Bold defensive spread should with well.

Nice team, and gl.

Hey,

Solid team, congrats on your success! Any particular reason why you're running Expert Belt on Shaymin? I'd suggest switching it out for a Life Orb, to get much more powerful neutral hits on the likes of Rotom-a, Snorlax and Machamp. The loss of 10% health each turn doesn't really matter much when you have a full recovery move at your disposal.

It might not be a bad idea to try out Fire Blast on Nite. With a Special Attack reducing nature, Dragonite really needs all the power it can get to hit stuff like Skarmory and Bronzong.

Mixnape can be a bit of a headache for you to face, as it outspeeds and KOs your whole team barring Tyranitar, who can't switch in reliably. Since Rotom seems like the most replaceable Pokemon on your team, I'd suggest switching out for a Vaporeon. Vappy also helps you out with your DD Gyara weakness, since Rotom isn't the most reliable counter to it. Vappy also provides excellent support for your team with Wish, and can really help out your Pokemon who otherwise get worn down from the lack of Rapid Spin support. A moveset of Surf/Wish/Protect/HP Electric with a max/max Bold defensive spread should with well.

Nice team, and gl.
The expert belt is mainly there to bluff a choice item and get surprise kills.But i will test LO also thanks.
Vaporeon seems like a great alternative to rotom, water absorb also really helps out so i will try that.
Thank you so much for the help :)

I have a team just like this, except its based on Spain, (Xavi, Iniesta, Ramos, Casillas, Villa, Alonso)

Off topic, on to your team. Structuring your team around the play style of FC Barcelona is somewhat smart, seeing as FC Barcelona works in a way that Pokemon teams can compare to, with all the passing what not.. However, in teams I've made not too different from this one, a pokemon like Rotom and its assorted forms are dead weight unless you have a specific plan for it.

I'd suggest a BulkyDos as well. However, if you're set on using Rotom-W, I'd suggest Toxic over Will-O-Wisp, as poison is a status effect that can truly be used and abused over and over again, and like Puyol, breaks down a teams' offensive resolve.

-Coming from a person who understands FC Barcelona C.F and where you're coming from. Xavi is meh favorite player <3-

I have a team just like this, except its based on Spain, (Xavi, Iniesta, Ramos, Casillas, Villa, Alonso)

Off topic, on to your team. Structuring your team around the play style of FC Barcelona is somewhat smart, seeing as FC Barcelona works in a way that Pokemon teams can compare to, with all the passing what not.. However, in teams I've made not too different from this one, a pokemon like Rotom and its assorted forms are dead weight unless you have a specific plan for it.

I'd suggest a BulkyDos as well. However, if you're set on using Rotom-W, I'd suggest Toxic over Will-O-Wisp, as poison is a status effect that can truly be used and abused over and over again, and like Puyol, breaks down a teams' offensive resolve.

-Coming from a person who understands FC Barcelona C.F and where you're coming from. Xavi is meh favorite player <3-
Haha nice to see some football fans on smsogon :)

As i said above i know rotom is my weakest link so im testing both bulkydos and wish pass vapo I will update soon depending on which one is better.
Thanks for feedback and yeah Xavi is Messi's backbone :P

Hi Barcelona,

Try out Phil's EV spread for your lead Heatran:

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 174 HP/84 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat
- Stealth Rock

This set still KO's Lead Machamp, but has some extra EV's invested in HP to give it added bulk for later in the game.

Also, definitely switch Shaymin's item to Life Orb. It needs the power boost considering it doesn't hit everything for super-effective damage, and it has Rest to recover off recoil damage.

Good luck with your team!

hey,
this is a cool team with only a couple of noticeable weaknesses. the first thing that pops out at me is your weakness to dragon dancers, particularly tyranitar and dragonite. if either of them sets up and metagross has taken any prior damage they will 6-0 your entire team. one option would be to replace heatran with swampert. the moves are ice beam/earthquake/stealth rock/roar or protect. personally i would go with protect as it helps scout for explosions but roar is definitely a viable option if you are worried about stuff like ninjask leads. swampert gives you a nice check to both dragonite and tyranitar while still helping to check cm jirachi and setting up sr. it also gives you a water type and a check to grass knot-less ape which is priceless in this metagame.
another thing i would consider is to change rotom to a dual screen set. instead of just sitting there and walling things, dual screen rotom can really aid dragonite and metagross in their set up, as well as just allowing your team to take hits better over all. the moves would be reflect/light screen/thunderbolt/shadow ball or pain split or hydro pump. i prefer pain split since it gives you more chances to set up screens, but shadow ball and hydro pump are both viable secondary attacks as well. the item would also need to be changed to light clay. if you make this change it would also make things much easier against lead machamp, who could give your current team problems.
finally, like others have said, please give shaymin life orb-- expert belt really isnt that great.
hope i helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)