1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Fear the almighty power of HAX (OU RMT)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Silverythoughts, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Silverythoughts

Silverythoughts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well, I'm one of these evil players on showdown that just loves to make everyone rip their hair out. This team uses the combination of Paraflinch and Parafusion to irritate and annoy and slowly wear down all my opponent's pokemon! However, I'd love to see what the collective knowledge of Smogon will say about my team and any potential changes or alterations.

So without further ado...

The Trap Setter
    [​IMG]
    Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature (+Spe -Atk)
    - Stealth Rocks
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

This is generally my starter simply to get the sneaky rocks up as fast as possible! Once that's done, I get him out of there to strike back later when everything's slowed down a bit more for a bit more oomph. Fire Blast for powerful STAB, Earth Power for coverage. Hidden Power Ice was chosen to knock off Dragons that would irritate me since I have no other ice attacks in the team. EV spread is standard to be as fast as possible because even with all the paralysis, Heatran is still pretty slow, although I'm a bit unsure about whether I need that much speed - perhaps take some away and place in HP for a bit more bulk? Can't deny though, Heatran is the glue to my team.

Fighting attacks: Gyarados
    Water Attacks: Gyarados / Serperior
    Ground Attacks: Gyarados / Serperior / Togekiss

The Set Up
    [​IMG]
    Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
    Careful Nature (+SDef -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Substitute
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Tail

One of the two parts of the team which basically sits there and paralyses everything. Intimidate for the defense boost on the switch in to take physical hits better so I can set up a Sub. EVs to take special hits better because Intimidate patches up the physical side. Thunder wave for obligatory paralyzing move, Sub to stop statuses, Waterfall for STAB and also 20% of Flinch which is always handy. Dragon Tail to phaze, rocks and another chance to spread more Status. Another option which I've been debating is potentially using Bulky Phazing Dragonite to spread status. They have near identical roles, trading the crippling electric weakness for Ice which is patched up by Heatran which x4 resists Ice. In addition, Dragonite has Roost and STAB Dragon Tail. However, Dragonite doesn't have STAB waterfall which has surprisingly been quite amusing to use or Intimidate to bolster up defense and Dragonite is still weak to electric and rock and also dragon types...Thoughts?

Electric: Serperior
    Rock: Machamp / Jirachi

[​IMG]
    Serperior @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spe
    Calm Nature (+SDef -Atk)
    - Glare
    - Giga Drain
    - Taunt / Synthesis
    - Dragon Tail / Synthesis

Ahh my speedy paralyzing pokemon. I know what you're thinking. What? Serperior? Why?! Wouldn't Celebi be better, with the infamous CeleTran defensive core and better stats and movepool!? Yes, you would be totally correct. There's a reason Serperior is at the bottom of the barrel. It's just completely outclassed.

However, there is method in my madness. Celebi's only method of regular paralysis is thunder wave. Something I've noticed with this team is that I suffer considerably from ground types (and electric absorbent pokes) and with only Jirachi having the method to paralyze them who is weak to ground types. Basically, I needed another way to get to them - Glare or Stun Spore. That narrowed it down to two pokemon who were fast enough and had STAB attacks to threaten ground types: Jumpluff and Serperior. Well, Jumpluff may be fast but is piss poor offense and defenses and is more suited to an annoyer. Serperior also has piss poor offenses, but has the more accurate glare and much better defenses which are actually nearly the same as Celebi's (although not HP). In addition, Serperior isn't weak to Pursuit and only takes x2 rather than x4 from Bug attacks and is actually quite a bit faster naturally which can get the jump on a few pokes who don't bother with speed investment.

EVs, Nature and item the same as specially defensive Celebi since its doing the same role: coming in on strong water types and "threatening" with its STAB and glaring everything to submission. Giga Drain for STAB and healing. Sadly Contrary Serperior isn't available eitherwise I'd be all like ZOMG LEAFSTORM EVERYWHERE which would really give this snake some dangerous oopmh. But sadly no. Glare for paralyzing grounds and everything else. a relatively quick taunt stops status setters, phazers and set ups. Dragon Tail for phazing. Either of these could be replaced by Synthesis for semi-reliable healing since this snake can't recover its lost limb in battle naturally, although I'm not sure which move should be taken out.

Fire: Heatran / Gyarados
    Flying: Heatran / Jirachi
    Ice: Heatran / Jirachi
    Poison: Heatran / Jirachi
    Bug: Heatran / Machamp / Togekiss

Confusion Master
    [​IMG]
    Machamp @ Leftovers
    Trait: No Guard
    Evs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk -SAtk)
    - Dynamic Punch (BOOMPUNCH)
    - Payback
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Machamp, my status absorber. Finally! Some paralysis abuse! Pretty standard to be honest. Ability compliments Dynamic punch, the crux of this set for automatic confusion. EVs and nature for bulk and attacking power with a little bit in speed to outspeed some walls around the 55 base speed mark and put the confusion pressure on. Pay Back for coverage and abusing the switches that this guy can cause, especially punishing the psychic types coming in with 100 BP dark attack. Rest + Sleep Talk...well, duh. Originally I had Substitute and Ice Punch over the latter two but Machamp wasn't hanging around long enough and was being worn down too quickly.

Psychic: Heatran / Jirachi
    Flying: Heatran / Jirachi

The Haxxy Haxxy Flinch Rapers
    [​IMG]
    Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature (+SDef -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost

And now we get to the big stars of this team. First up is Togekiss, the special haxxor. I've gone for maxing out special bulk because she does that better than being physically bulky. No need for SAtk in my opinion, paraflinch hax wear's 'em down easy. Thunder wave just in case I haven't paralysed beforehand, Air Slash for STAB and haxxy haxxy flinch time. Aura Sphere for steels, Roost in case they manage to hit and it was harder than I expected. BOOM!

Ice: Heatran / Jirachi
    Electric: Serperior
    Rock: Machamp / Jirachi

[​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Evs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk -SAtk)
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - U-turn

And last but not least, the moste evile of abusers. In a nutshell, Body Slam to get those who can't be paralyzed thanks to serene grace putting up Paralysis to 60%. Can't be taunted either. Iron Head for STAB haxxy haxxy flinch time. Fire Punch for steels that Iron head won't do a lot of damage to and U-turn to get out of there in case of an unfavorable match up or if I predict a switch to a Magnezone so I can send in Heatran to spew fire everywhere. EVs and Nature give maximum attack and bulk with a little bit in speed to out speed Tyranitar and below. I'm not really bothered by speed since everyone should be paralyzed by now.

Fire: Heatran / Gyarados
    Ground: Gyarados / Serperior / Togekiss

Conclusion
    Well, there you go guys! I've had a lot of fun with this team, and I'd love any criticisms to make it better! As I've mentioned, I've had trouble with Ground types, notably Landorus which makes me wonder if I should go for the speedier approach. Entry hazards are an issue as well since I don't have a way to get rid of them but then again I don't generally switch a lot anyway once everything is paralyzed! Also, at times this team doesn't have the oomph to pummel through pokemon since I rely on wearing them down and occasionally they get lucky, heal up their wall and I'm back to square one again. But hey ho, that's the way I roll!

Code:
    Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef/ 252 Spd  
    Timid Nature
    - Stealth Rocks
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Substitute
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Tail

Serperior @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Glare
    - Giga Drain
    - Taunt
    - Dragon Tail

Machamp @ Leftovers 
    Trait: No Guard
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Dynamic Punch
    - Payback
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Togekiss @ Leftovers 
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef 
    Calm Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers 
    EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - U-turn

2. scotti

scotti

Well this team is something. I only have one request though and that is to replace Togekiss with Skarmory. Why because Skarmory can setup multible layers of Spikes and it can use Whirlwind to make your opponent get annoyed from taking all that damage. Here is the set:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes
    - Toxic

With this set you can make your opponent take alot of Spikes damage and at the same time you can Toxic them. It would really get on your opponents nerve and it can also help alot. I hope i helped some, though you don't really have to listen to my suggestion because then you would have 3 steel types though your not really adding any major weaknesses with Skarmory.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)