ORAS OU Feraligatr - Char X balance

Hey, I made a team around my favorite pokemon, feraligatr, and I would like to improve it. Sorry if my english isn't perfect :)

Here is the team:

The main goal of the team is to sweep either with feraligatr or charizard, depending on the opponent check

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Feraligatr is one of my two sweeper. Not that much to say about the set.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Charizard x is a good partner to Feraligatr, as he can handle rotom wash and ferrothorn. In return, feraligatr take care of heatran and bulky ground which wall my charizard x. I choose this ev spread to avoid the 2hko from defensive rotom wash Hpump

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill work well with tyranitar, by providing an offensive pressure, and spin for charizard. He is also a decent feraligatr partner as they cover each other weaknesses.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Tyranitar is a part of my defensive core, as a special wall and stealth rock setter. He mainly check lati, tornadus, heatran, talonflame and electric type like raikou, thundurus or manec. I choose chople berry to deal with some fighting move like alakazam/gengar/thundurus focus blast and tornadus superpower.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Specially defensive skarm is a second part of my defensive core. He can switch on many physical attacker like excadrill, azumarill or bisharp while checking fairys like gardevoir or diancie. Again a really standard set.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Amoonguss is used as a defensive pivot. Spore is really usefull as it can neutralize a thread and can help feraligatr or charizard x to sweep. He is also a reliable keldeo, breloom and serperior switch in, 3 mons that could overwise destroy my team

That's it for the team. I would love to hear some advice to make this team better. I don't mind about replacing pokemon if it's needed, as long the team stay based around feraligatr. I hope my post is detailed enough. Thanks alot if you took the time to read me, and again, sorry if my english isn't that good.

All right, first things first,
your team is pretty weak to Excadrill Sand builds so I'll replace Ice Punch with Aqua Jet on Gatr, which also surprises Talonflame who can inflict huge damage on your sweepers.

Secondly, I would replace Mega Charizard-X with Serperior because it helps you to break balance and pressure Mega Sableye and Mega Slowbro which your team simply cannot do. Plus, it lessens the pressure on Excadrill to remove hazards.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

OR

Serperior @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Now that you have the Mega slot free, whatever you do next is up to you.

Last edited:
All right, first things first,
your team is pretty weak to Excadrill Sand builds so I'll replace Ice Punch with Aqua Jet on Gatr, which also surprises Talonflame who can inflict huge damage on your sweepers.

Secondly, I would replace Mega Charizard-X with Serperior because it helps you to break balance and pressure Mega Sableye and Mega Slowbro which your team simply cannot do. Plus, it lessens the pressure on Excadrill to remove hazards.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

OR

Serperior @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Now that you have the Mega slot free, whatever you do next is up to you.
Thanks for the suggestion. I like Ice punch, especially to ohko tankchomp and to damage M altaria, but aqua jet can also be an interesting option, I will give it a try.

About serperior, I will certainly think about it, but I really don't know which mega I should use instead of char x, and I guess amoogus + serp isn't that great, so I'm kinda lost.

Latias > Excadrill
I recommend changing latias to excadill because excadrill isnt a good spinner for zard x imo because excadrill usually needs sand up to spin and it only usually gets one spin of per game which would cause you to struggle against defensive teams and having to sack two mons sometimes against offensive teams to get a spin of inst a good thing either also give you abit of a manaphy check which can cause problem for this team , also id change t-tar to scarf tar to help trap things and put rocks over spikes on skarm becuase its not good to have spikes on a team that has defog or that has defog and is weak to hazards also change skark to phys def because you all ready have amoogus and t-tat for spdef

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

fyi max spa latias t-bolt one shot b-drum azu after sitrus plus b-drum 252 SpA Life Orb Latias Thunderbolt vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 276-325 (75.8 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Latias > Excadrill
I recommend changing latias to excadill because excadrill isnt a good spinner for zard x imo because excadrill usually needs sand up to spin and it only usually gets one spin of per game which would cause you to struggle against defensive teams and having to sack two mons sometimes against offensive teams to get a spin of inst a good thing either also give you abit of a manaphy check which can cause problem for this team , also id change t-tar to scarf tar to help trap things and put rocks over spikes on skarm becuase its not good to have spikes on a team that has defog or that has defog and is weak to hazards also change skark to phys def because you all ready have amoogus and t-tat for spdef

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

fyi max spa latias t-bolt one shot b-drum azu after sitrus plus b-drum 252 SpA Life Orb Latias Thunderbolt vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 276-325 (75.8 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Thx, ill try that

If you're removing Excadrill, might as well replace Ttar with Mega Metagross or Mega Scizor. Mega Metagross can run Ice Punch itself to OHKO Garchomp and Lando-T while threatening Steels and Amoonguss. If you do this, be sure to put Rocks on Skarmory though.

If you're removing Excadrill, might as well replace Ttar with Mega Metagross or Mega Scizor. Mega Metagross can run Ice Punch itself to OHKO Garchomp and Lando-T while threatening Steels and Amoonguss. If you do this, be sure to put Rocks on Skarmory though.
I like the idea of using M metagross but 4 mons weak to fire isn't to much? (ammoguss, metagross, serperior, skarm) I don't want to be weak to char x, and my only hetran switch in will be feraligatr, which hate toxic and burn

I'm sorry, I don't have much to say other than I find it entertaining that this went from a mega Charizard X team to one that should fear Charizard X

Plus, if you're going to make these changes, you could always run a SPD Rotom wash or a D Rotom wash

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello Dingosig, pretty solid team you have here, giving a more in-depth look, I noticed that your team struggling against Sd Bisharp and Weavile (especially when Tyranitar is gone and Stealth rocks are up) in mindgame, also Mega Medicham and Bulky water as Crocune, CM Manaphy give serious problems to the team, because Amoonguss is stalled by Pressure Suicune , thus making the team completely uncovered from threats such as bulky grass. the advice that I'll tell you in a moment will be very useful to solve the problems with these threats, and will utitli to make even more compact team.

Having noticed after more thorough analysis that the team lacks a fight resist, especially a check for Terrakion, Medicham Mega, I suggest using CM Slowbro over Feraligatr, Slowbro provides optimal control for mega Medicham, Terrakion, and Bulky waters like CM Manaphy, Suicune, and other CM users as Clefable; Slowbro also tightens the team against the sand offensive teams, being also an excellent win-con which works well in late game, when threats like Weavile, Bisharp ,Volcarona etc.. are gone. Having Regenator, Slowbro is an excellent defensive pivot, which also works well if you are under pressure from hazards.

Now that the team has been reinforced against the bulky waters, Keldeo, Mega Metagross and fights type, Weavile and Bisharp are still a threat, then I'd suggest you to use WoW Charizard X over DD Charizard X, WoW Charizard X
provides optimal control for Bisharp and Weavile, also has a very good synergy with the team, with Will-o-Wisp loves to hit Garchomp, Landorus, Hippo, Slowbro, which are common Charizard X switch, so as to weaken them and make it easier to Excadrill and Slowbro to conclude the game. I suggest this spread: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe, this spread allows Charizard to outspeed base 70 speed as Bisharp, Breloom, also allows to tank the Rotom-w's Hydro pump and pp stall it. I suggest you this set: Will-o-Wisp / Flare Blitz / Roost / Earthquake, this set deals with Heatran, and frail pokemon as Thundurus, Gengar, Mega Alakazam, which are easily killed by Flare blitz.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

- Conclusions-

With these tips I have tried to make your most solid team possible, in trying to cover most emerging threats to the team as MediSharp and Weavile, I hope to have you helped ^.^

~ King Sun

Hello Dingosig, pretty solid team you have here, giving a more in-depth look, I noticed that your team struggling against Sd Bisharp and Weavile (especially when Tyranitar is gone and Stealth rocks are up) in mindgame, also Mega Medicham and Bulky water as Crocune, CM Manaphy give serious problems to the team, because Amoonguss is stalled by Pressure Suicune , thus making the team completely uncovered from threats such as bulky grass. the advice that I'll tell you in a moment will be very useful to solve the problems with these threats, and will utitli to make even more compact team.

Having noticed after more thorough analysis that the team lacks a fight resist, especially a check for Terrakion, Medicham Mega, I suggest using CM Slowbro over Feraligatr, Slowbro provides optimal control for mega Medicham, Terrakion, and Bulky waters like CM Manaphy, Suicune, and other CM users as Clefable; Slowbro also tightens the team against the sand offensive teams, being also an excellent win-con which works well in late game, when threats like Weavile, Bisharp ,Volcarona etc.. are gone. Having Regenator, Slowbro is an excellent defensive pivot, which also works well if you are under pressure from hazards.

Now that the team has been reinforced against the bulky waters, Keldeo, Mega Metagross and fights type, Weavile and Bisharp are still a threat, then I'd suggest you to use WoW Charizard X over DD Charizard X, WoW Charizard X
provides optimal control for Bisharp and Weavile, also has a very good synergy with the team, with Will-o-Wisp loves to hit Garchomp, Landorus, Hippo, Slowbro, which are common Charizard X switch, so as to weaken them and make it easier to Excadrill and Slowbro to conclude the game. I suggest this spread: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe, this spread allows Charizard to outspeed base 70 speed as Bisharp, Breloom, also allows to tank the Rotom-w's Hydro pump and pp stall it. I suggest you this set: Will-o-Wisp / Flare Blitz / Roost / Earthquake, this set deals with Heatran, and frail pokemon as Thundurus, Gengar, Mega Alakazam, which are easily killed by Flare blitz.

Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

- Conclusions-

With these tips I have tried to make your most solid team possible, in trying to cover most emerging threats to the team as MediSharp and Weavile, I hope to have you helped ^.^

~ King Sun
Sorry, hate to come in a pop the bubble, but switching slowbro in might not be a solid choice. You said it yourself, Weavile and Bisharp are tough opponents, even though you found a way to remedy this, you've solidified the weakness with Slowbro.

Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

- Conclusions-

~ King Sun
Hey, thanks for your help. My first goal was to make a team around feraligatr, so I'm not really motivated to run CM slowbro but I will consider your comment

Hey nice team. I don't see many ways to make up for the weaknesses pointed out by the other raters without making a lot of changes. So I'll try to focus on helping you to achieve your goal with a few suggestions.

I think you might consider replacing Amoonguss with Celebi since it would help you to deal more easily with Calm-Mind Mega-Slowbro.
Celebi resists Psyshock and thanks to Natural Cure doesn't mind getting burnt by Scald. It would also help you against Mega-Lopunny which is a bit threatening for your team and it can cripple Bisharp with T-Wave. Besides you already have specially-defensive Skarmory to keep the fairies in check. The main issue with this change though is Serperior. If it runs hp fire it deals a lot of damage to Celebi.

This leads me to a second suggestion : you might run SR on Celebi and switch Tyranitar to a Choice Scarf set : it would give you a new way to revenge-kill threats like Serperior without having to rely only on Sand. The loss of the Chople Berry and the reduced special bulk makes it harder to switch on some special sweepers. However Celebi combined with SpD Skarmory can take care of most Focus-Blast users.

I hope I could help. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)