ORAS OU Feraligatr OU Team - Double Intimidate + VoltTurn Core

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
INTRODUCTION
feraligatr shuffle.png manectric-mega shuffle.png landorus-therian shuffle.png ferrothorn shuffle.png scizor shuffle.png tentacruel shuffle.png

Hello everyone, this is Fireflame479, and welcome to my fourth Gen 6 RMT. I plan to do this RMT and then do one more in the future before Sun and Moon comes out. When I got back into competitive battling, I started playing the lower tiers, especially Little Cup. However, I really wanted to play OU again because it seems that the metagame is pretty set-in-stone now. When I got back into OU, I started using this team, which has now undergone adjustments, and climbed my way to around 1500 on the ladder.

The inspiration for this team came from my favorite Pokemon, Feraligatr. When I was into competitive battling, Feraligatr was in the RU and NU tiers. When his Sheer Force ability came out and he was boosted to UU, that was when I stopped playing competitively. Now, I really wanted to use Feraligatr on my most played tier. This is a more chill team and isn't necessarily good at climbing. Hopefully, your rates will improve this team, so give the best rates you can. I need them.

TEAM PREVIEW

feraligatr bw.gif
manectric bw.gif
landorus-therian bw.gif
ferrothorn bw.gif
scizor bw.gif
tentacruel bw.gif

I built this team around Feraligatr, and the main focus of this team is to get Feraligatr to sweep with Dragon Dance. I included strong wallbreakers in the form of Mega Manectric and Choice Band Scizor to weaken opposing walls for Feraligatr as well as three walls to serve as dedicated damage takers and supports. The team also has a Double Intimidate core in Mega Manectric and Landorus-T which really shuts down and punishes physical attackers. It also includes a dedicated VoltTurn core. The team tries to support Feraligatr in every way possible: Mega Manectric and Scizor wallbreak, Landorus-T pivots and sets hazards, Ferrothorn weakens opposing walls, and Tentacruel provides status and hazard removal. The team building process is below if you want to read it.

feraligatr 2.gif

Naturally, I stated off with Feraligatr, which is the wincon on this team. Due to its STAB Waterfall combined with excellent coverage, Feraligatr is able to sweep through almost any team with the right support.
feraligatr 2.gif
manectric-mega_02.png

I needed a wallbreaker who can weaken teams for Feraligatr to sweep. Mega Manectric seemed like a good fit. It resists Electric-type moves while Feraligatr deals with Ground-types, and provides near perfect coverage to aid Feraligatr when sweeping. Manectric can also bring in Feraligatr safely due to Volt Switch.
feraligatr 2.gif
manectric-mega_02.png
landorus-therian_02.gif

Next, I needed a physical wall that sets up hazards to aid in sweeping. This is where Landorus-T comes in, arguably the best Pokemon in the tier. Landorus-T, along with setting hazards, forms a VoltTurn core, forms a double Intimidate core, punishes physical attackers with Rocky Helmet + Intimidate, and provides a Ground immunity for the team.
feraligatr 2.gif
manectric-mega_02.png
landorus-therian_02.gif
ferrothorn_02.gif

I added Ferrothorn to patch up my team's Grass weakness and to deal with opposing walls. He spreads status with Toxic and provides great residual damage. Ferrothorn also deals with Ice- and Fairy-types who pose a decent threat right now.
feraligatr 2.gif
manectric-mega_02.png
landorus-therian_02.gif
ferrothorn_02.gif
scizor_02.gif

Seeing the lack of a physical wallbreaker, I opted to go for a more fun approach and chose Choice Band Scizor. This thing decimates pretty much everything with its STAB moves, and along with Landorus-T, provides a slow U-turn to bring other teammates in safely.
feraligatr 2.gif
manectric-mega_02.png
landorus-therian_02.gif
ferrothorn_02.gif
scizor_02.gif
tentacruel_02.gif

I noticed several flaws at this stage of teambuilding. I needed a special or mixed wall that provides status, removes entry hazards, and resists Fire and Fighting. I did some research and found Tentacruel, who accomplishes all of these things. Tentacruel is also my answer to Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur.

TEAM ANALYSIS

feraligatr.gif

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-
dragon.png
Dragon Dance
-
water.png
Waterfall
-
ice.png
Ice Punch
-
dark.png
Crunch

This is the monster himself that I built my team around. Feraligatr is a very underestimated threat in OU and is very effective for several reasons. First off, it has amazing coverage which hits most of the tier neutrally (except for Azumarill, Mega Gyarados, and Keldeo, but at +1 they are all outsped and 2HKOed after rocks). This coverage allows Feraligatr to threaten a lot of OU threats, namely Landorus-T, Latios, Garchomp, Heatran, Amoonguss, and Slowbro. Furthermore, Feraligatr's hits ridiculously hard due to Sheer Force + Life Orb, and at +1, it basically OHKOes or 2HKOes the whole tier. Moreover, Feraligatr's speed, although quite low, is actually decent considering the OU tier. Due to a base 78 Speed, Feraligatr outspeeds Timid Heatran (base 77), positive-natured base 70s (such as Jolly Breloom), and Adamant Excadrill.

Dragon Dance is my setup move, and in most cases, Feraligatr is able to successfully set up a Dragon Dance and then proceeds to sweep. At +1, Feraligatr achieves some crucial OHKOes and outspeeds. For one, it outspeeds Mega Lopunny, Mega Manectric, and everything below them. At +1, Feraligatr is able to OHKO Mega Charizard Y through sun with Waterfall, OHKO virtually every offensive Pokemon in the tier, and OHKO Hippowdon after rocks. Waterfall serves as the obligatory STAB move simply for its consistent power and accuracy. STAB Life Orb combined with Sheer Force + Life Orb becomes a 203 base power move, which smacks pretty much everything that doesn't resist it hard. Ice Punch serves as necessary coverage to hit Grass- and Dragon-types that resist Watefall, namely Garchomp, Landorus-T, Serperior, and the bulky Grass-types. Lastly, Crunch is secondary coverage that allows Feraligatr to hit bulky Psychic-types (Slowbro, Mew) as well as hit Rotom-W neutrally. The EVs are standard and ensures maximum damage output and speed. Sheer Force is what makes Feraligatr hit like a truck and has great synergy with Life Orb, which further boosts Feraligatr's power without it losing HP.

manectric-mega.gif

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
-
electric.png
Thunderbolt
-
electric.png
Volt Switch
-
fire.png
Flamethrower
-
ice.png
Hidden Power [Ice]

Mega Manectric serves as the main special wallbreaker on this team, forms the first part of the Intimidate core, and pairs very well with Feraligatr. Mega Manectric can bring it in safely via Volt Switch and deals with opposing Electric-types. Manectric also checks Keldeo, Mega Medicham, Mega Lopunny, and Talonflame. Furthermore, Mega Manectric has excellent coverage, 2HKOing a lot of Pokemon, including Ferrothorn, Thundurus, Mega Medicham, and Tank Chomp. Mega Manectric also sits at an excellent speed tier, so I can safely fire off an attack and then Volt Switch out for more chip damage. This speed tier also improves my matchup against more offensive teams, particularly ones with Mega Medicham. However, sometimes I feel that its power is very lacking. Although a base 135 SpA is high, it doesn't secure the OHKO on Ferrothorn, SpD Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, Landorus-T, Tank Chomp, or Volcanion, among others. A lot of hits are 3HKOes at best, while other Megas in the tier have 2HKOes.

Volt Switch serves as the primary move Manectric will be going for. Volt Switch allows me to pivot out of tight situations and bring out an immediate counter. It also does acceptable chip damage to pretty much anything and synergizes very well with Intimidate. Volt Switch also allows me to gain momentum early-game, which will put this team at the advantage. Thunderbolt is the primary STAB move for wallbreaking and is necessary. It picks up important OHKOes and 2HKOes on various threats to my team. Flamethrower provides mandatory coverage for hitting Steel-types, namely Ferrothorn and Scizor, as well as hitting bulky Grass-types for decent damage. I opted for Flamethrower over Overheat for its consistency, and Overheat forces you to switch-out, thus losing momentum. Finally, Hidden Power Ice completes Manectric's BoltBeam coverage and smacks all of the Pokemon in the tier 4x weak to it. Sadly, it can't OHKO any of them without prior damage. Hidden Power Ice also provides great coverage against Ground-types. The EVs are standard for maximum damage and outspeed potential. After Mega Evolving, Intimidate is a great ability and allows me to threaten physical attackers before Volt Switching. Sometimes, especially when against other Mega Manectric, I tend to not Mega Evolve in order to retain the pre-mega ability Lightning Rod, which gives me free SpA boosts.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 224 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
-
ground.png
Earthquake
-
rock.png
Stone Edge
-
bug.png
U-turn
-
rock.png
Stealth Rock

Landorus-T is the physical wall and pivot of the team and just fits so well. I almost always lead with him due to how good Landorus-T is at setting Stealth Rocks early-game and then providing pressure. Landorus-T offers much appreciated role compression: a physical wall, pivot, hazard setter, Ground immunity, VoltTurn core, and the second Intimidate user to form the double Intimidate core. Landorus-T's main jobs are to set hazards and punish physical attackers with the combination of bulk, Rocky Helmet, and Intimidate. Furthermore, Landorus-T serves as a check to numerous Pokemon in the tier, such as Talonflame, Excadrill, Tyranitar, Mega Charizard X, and Heatran. Landorus-T sits at a great speed tier of base 91 for a defensive Pokemon, which outspeeds other walls like Rotom-W, Tangrowth, and Clefable.

Earthquake is the main STAB move for consistent chip damage to anything that doesn't resist it. It does a decent chunk to Clefable to the point where it needs to start using Soft-Boiled. It also OHKOes several Pokemon, including Excadrill and Mega Diancie and allows me to deal with Mega Charizard X. Stone Edge serves as a coverage move to reliably check Talonflame and Mega Pinsir. U-turn is really the main reason to use Landorus-T. Due to how many switches it forces, U-turn does nice chip damage and gains momentum for the team. Furthermore, I can successfully bluff a scarf set if I don't lead with Landorus and then switch in on defensive Pokemon I outspeed. Landorus-T also provides a slow U-turn, which allows it to bring in teammates safely. Stealth Rock fulfills Landorus-T's role as a hazard setter, and Stealth Rock is necessary in a tier like OU, where Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, and Mega Charizard Y are flying around. Landorus-T is my only hazard setter, so I'm looking to set them early and keep them there. Stealth Rock provides great chip damage to aid Feraligatr in sweeping. Rocky Helmet combined with Intimidate really shuts down and punishes physical attackers. The EV spread and nature maximize Landorus-T's physical bulk. The 8 SpD EVs ensure that Mega Manectric's HP Ice never OHKOes, and the 8 Spe EVs allow me to outspeed positive-natured base 50s, namely Azumarill. The 20 Atk EVs ensure that Landorus-T's Stone Edge will always OHKO Thundurus after it takes a round of Life Orb recoil/Stealth Rock damage.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
-
steel.png
Gyro Ball
-
grass.png
Leech Seed
-
poison.png
Toxic
-
normal.png
Protect

Ferrothorn is the mixed wall, support, and main Fairy check of the team and has very excellent defensive synergy with Landorus-T. Ferrothorn's main job is to come in on Pokemon it walls and then proceed to spread status or Leech Seed. Ferrothorn checks many offensive Pokemon threatening to this team, such as the Lati twins, Excadrill, Mega Gardevoir, and Azumarill, as well as defensive checks such as Slowbro, Chansey, Mega Scizor, and most defensive Grass-types. I used to have Spikes instead of Protect, but Spikes was very ineffective and took too long to set up. Ferrothorn also has decent offensive capabilities, so it has more of an offensive presence than other walls. There have been times where Ferrothorn just simply 1v4'd without a problem.

Gyro Ball is Ferrothorn's main STAB move and only attacking move. It hits fast Pokemon in the tier hard, such as Gengar and the Lati twins, and it OHKOes Mega Gardevoir. Gyro Ball also deals with Clefable, so Clefable can't Calm Mind up. Leech Seed is the main move Ferrothorn will throw out and it really helps to wear down opposing walls. With Leech Seed, Ferrothorn is able to recover a decent amount of HP while doing chip damage to pretty much anything. It dissuades setup and provides Ferrothorn with semi-reliable recovery, which it lacks of outside of Leftovers. Leech Seed also helps to cripple Magnezone's after they trap Ferrothorn. Toxic is used instead of Thunder Wave due to Gyro Ball. Toxic is used to deal with setup Pokemon while also crippling common Ferrothorn switch-ins, namely Bulky Grass- and Water-types. Lastly, Protect is used because, in tandem with Leftovers and Leech Seed, Ferrothorn can successfully recover a lot of HP, scout, and semi-stall. If I have Leech Seed on a defogger, Protect blocks Defog, preventing them from getting rid of hazards while Ferrothorn gains HP and does chip damage. Protect also punishes Mega Medicham and Mega Lopunny for using High Jump Kick. Protect is also great for stalling out Magnezone: with Leech Seed, I can stall out Magnezone's HP Fire and potentially do 36-48% of its health with Leech Seed + Protect. Leftovers gives Ferrothorn passive recovery, while Iron Barbs punishes physical attackers. The EV and IV spread is the standard mixed wall spread with more defensive investment (as opposed to 252 / 88 / 168). I chose this spread because avoiding the 2HKO from max attack adamant Life Orb Excadrill's Earthquake after Stealth Rock is really beneficial for this team. 0 Speed IVs and a Relaxed Nature are used to lower Ferrothorn's speed as much as possible, which allows for maximum Gyro Ball damage.

scizor.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
-
bug.png
U-turn
-
steel.png
Bullet Punch
-
fighting.png
Superpower
-
dark.png
Pursuit

I always have a Mega Scizor on my Ubers and OU teams, but this team is the only exception. Choice Band Scizor serves as the main physical wallbreaker and revenge killer of the team and a secondary Fairy-check. Scizor adds to the VoltTurn core of this team, providing the strongest U-turn and a slow one too, allowing it to do huge chunks to opposing Pokemon while bringing out a teammate safely. Scizor also checks many Pokemon even without its Mega Evolution and bulk, including Bisharp, Weavile, Mega Diancie, Latios, Latias, Gengar, Mega Gardevoir, Tyranitar, and bulky Grass-types. Furthermore, Scizor sits at a decent Speed tier of base 65, which outspeeds the crowded base 60 Speed tier, which includes Pokemon like Clefable, support Tyranitar, and standard Assault Vest and Choice Band Azumarill.

U-turn is Scizor's main wallbreaking tool early-game and it does the most damage out of all of its moves. It does huge chunks to anything that it doesn't resist and can 2HKO some Pokemon. Since Scizor forces a lot of switches, U-turn is great for doing a lot of damage while gaining momentum. Against a predicted Magnezone switch, I can also U-turn out. Bullet Punch serves as Scizor's revenge killing tool. It also does a ton of damage to non-resisted hits: it 2HKOes Latios, Tornadus-T, Clefable, Tyranitar, Mega Pinsir, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Medicham. It OHKOes Gengar and Clefable with a high roll, Weavile, Mega Diancie, and Kyurem-B after Stealth Rock. Superpower is here so Scizor can hit Steel-types like Ferrothorn, Magnezone, and Heatran hard, but other than that I just generally use U-turn and Bullet Punch. Lastly, Pursuit gives Scizor a great supporting role, as it can pursuit trap common Pokemon that like to switch out when against a Scizor. These Pokemon include the Lati twins and Gengar, who get OHKOed by Pursuit. Choice Band is used to drastically increase Scizor's power. It doesn't get hampered by it too much since most of the time it's U-turning out anyway. Technician increases the power of Bullet Punch and Pursuit. The EV spread and nature maximizes damage and bulk while also speed creeping other non-mega Scizor.

tentacruel.gif

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
-
water.png
Scald
-
poison.png
Acid Spray
-
dark.png
Knock Off
-
normal.png
Rapid Spin

Tentacruel is the main support of the team as well as the Rapid Spinner. Tentacruel fills so many roles to this team. It provides a crucial Fire- and Fighting-type resistance, a Toxic/Toxic Spikes absorber, entry hazard removal, has decent special bulk, and spreads status. Tentacruel is also my main Leech Seed switch-in and Trick switch-in. Tentacruel also does nice chip damage, provides status, and cripples item-reliant Pokemon, which all help Feraligatr when sweeping. Much like Ferrothorn, Tentacruel's numerous support options discourage setup. Tentacruel also checks multiple Pokemon that are threatening to this team, such as Mega Charizard Y, Mega Sableye, Azumarill, Defensive Landorus-T, Clefable, and Keldeo. There have been battles where Tentacruel really came through.

Scald is the main STAB move of choice, doing decent chip damage and potentially crippling physical attackers with its burn. Tentacruel can easily find a situation where spamming Scald generally is the best play due to how many Pokemon are scared of it. Scald also helps me take on Mega Charizard Y, Heatran, and Tyranitar. Acid Spray is Tentacruel's secondary STAB move that does decent damage and provides excellent utility, as it lowers the enemy's special defense by two stages. Acid Spray punishes setup and allows Tentacruel to beat Calm Mind users such as Clefable and Mega Sableye 1v1. With the special defense drops from Acid Spray, Scald turns into a potent attack, possibly 3HKOing or 2HKOing common neutral targets. Knock Off is used instead of Toxic Spikes because I have Toxic on Ferrothorn anyway, and a lot of Pokemon in OU are immune to Toxic spikes due to them being in the air and/or having a Poison or Steel typing. Knock Off provides great utility in removing opposing items, and it is generally good to spam early-game along with Scald. Knock Off in tandem with Acid Spray helps Tentacruel take on Clefable, Talonflame, or any other bulky Pokemon that only has Leftovers as their recovery option. Lastly, Rapid Spin is necessary because Tentacruel is my only form of hazard removal and is a great Rapid Spinner. Although it is hard to use Rapid Spin due to Tentacruel's limited ability to switch in, I usually get a chance to use it against a predicted switch. I prioritize spinning Stealth Rock and Spikes over Toxic Spikes when Toxic Spikes is used directly against Tentacruel (when it is already in), as two of my Pokemon are Steel-types, and Tentacruel can absorb the Toxic Spikes the next time it comes in. Black Sludge is used because it is Tentacruel's only form of recovery. Liquid Ooze gives it an incredibly powerful niche of checking common Giga Drain and Leech Seed users, such as Ferrothorn, Serperior, SubLeech Seed Breloom, and Amoonguss. The EV spread is standard, with 16 Speed EVs and a Timid nature to outspeed positive-natured base 70s, 28 SpD EVs to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Gengar's Shadow Ball and Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast/Solar Beam, and the rest to maximize physical bulk.

THREATLIST
I didn't create this team with the intent of climbing. There are several threats listed, two of which are extremely major and I would appreciate any feedback to improve my matchup against these.
MAJOR:

Bisharp:
bisharp_02.gif

Bisharp is by far the most threatening Pokemon because it straight up hard counters my team. First off, I have no Dark resist, so it can freely spam Knock Off. Furthermore, due to my Intimidate core, Bisharp has no problem switching in, as it gains +1 Attack if I switch into Landorus-T or Mega Manectric. At +1 or +2, its STAB combination plus Sucker Punch just sweeps my team, OHKOing or 2HKOing everyone. There's very limited ways I can stop Bisharp. Assuming Mega Manectric switches in before Bisharp, its Flamethrower is a guaranteed OHKO, while Bisharp's Sucker Punch will never OHKO. Also, Feraligatr at +1 will always OHKO Bisharp with Waterfall.

Mega Medicham:
medicham-mega.png

Life would be better if this thing didn't exist. But it does, which is terrible for my team. Actually, Mega Medicham has the potential to OHKO every single one of my Pokemon. The easiest variant to deal with is the Bullet Punch variant... wait, no... because Tentacruel still gets 2HKOed by High Jump Kick! Mega Sableye is Mega Medicham's only true counter, which I don't have. My best bet is to switch into Landorus-T on its Fake Out and then sack it to Ice Punch. The Rocky Helmet damage is enough for me to revenge kill it with Mega Manectric's Thunderbolt (minimum 66%) or Scizor's Bullet Punch (minimum 70%). Also, at +1, Feraligatr is able to OHKO Mega Medicham with Waterfall.

Keldeo:
keldeo_02.gif

If Tentacruel is alive, Keldeo is not a problem, as Tentacruel is able to switch in on both of its STAB moves. Choice Scarf variants are even easier to deal with. Once Tentacruel is down, however, Keldeo can easily plow through my team. Still, Mega Manectric can outspeed and OHKO Keldeo with Thunderbolt, and at +1, Feraligatr's Waterfall 2HKOes after Stealth Rock.

Mega Manectric:
manectric-mega_02.png

Kind of ironic, but Mega Manectric is actually a potent threat. Outside of my own Mega Manectric, it hits my whole team for super effective damage and OHKOes or 2HKOes everyone. If my opponent leads Mega Manectric, I can bait an HP Ice with my Landorus-T due to EVs (who I almost always lead with) and then get massive damage off with Earthquake. Besides this situation, Feraligatr's Waterfall 2HKOes, and it outspeeds Manectric at +1. I tend to not evolve my own Mega Manectric due to its pre-mega ability Lightning Rod so I am able to safely switch into its Electric-type attacks while getting a SpA boost.
MINOR:

Weavile:
weavile_02.gif

Weavile is similar to Bisharp as a threat due to a lack of a Dark-type resist, but its much more manageable to handle. It doesn't get free attack boosts off of my Intimidate core, and due to its Ice typing, Scizor completely shuts it down with Bullet Punch. If I predict a switch, I will U-turn to get the upper hand. Its typing also leaves it vulnerable to Ferrothorn. Also, Mega Manectric's Flamethrower OHKOes after Stealth Rock, and at +1, Feraligatr outspeeds and OHKOes Weavile.

Gengar:
gengar_02.gif

Gengar is hard to switch into because I have no Ghost-type resists, and it 2HKOes all my offensive Pokemon, but other than that, it isn't a big deal. Ferrothorn and Tentacruel escape the 2HKO on Shadow Ball and can switch into Sludge Wave, Ferrothorn can live a Focus Blast and OHKO Gengar with Gyro Ball after rocks, Feraligatr outspeeds at +1, and if not, can survive any attack and OHKO Gengar with Crunch/Waterfall, and Mega Manectric outspeeds Gengar and can 2HKO it before it can 2HKO Manectric.

Mega Charizard Y:
charizard-mega-y_02.png

Much like Gengar, Mega Charizard Y can OHKO or 2HKO some of my Pokemon, but other than that, it is not that much of a problem. Tentacruel can comfortably switch into anything Mega Charizard Y has and successfully stall out sun turns by forcing Charizard too roost with Acid Spray + Scald. With a bit of prior damage, Mega Manectric can outspeed and OHKO with Thunderbolt. Furthermore, at +1, Feraligatr outspeeds Mega Charizard Y and OHKOes it through sun with Waterfall.

THOUGHTS & CONCLUSION
After playing with this team for a while, I can tell that its very matchup dependent. Sometimes, Feraligatr just goes to town and it's a super easy win, but other times, especially against Bisharp and Mega Medicham, I feel like the team can't do anything. Now, bear in mind that this team wasn't meant for climbing, but I feel that with your help this team can become viable for climbing. I don't want to replace Feraligatr, Choice Band Scizor, or Tentacruel because that's what makes this team fun. I've tried other options but they haven't worked as well as my current team. Swords Dance Feraligatr is inferior to Dragon Dance in the OU metagame because Feraligatr outspeeds crucial threats at +1 and doesn't need any more attack boosts. Aqua Jet can be considered to deal with Talonflame and other scarfers, but every time I used it those situations never happened. Knock Off over Pursuit can be an option on Scizor, but I prefer the ability to Pursuit trap the Lati twins and Gengar, as I have Knock Off on Tentacruel. I've tried a hazard stacking version of this team, with Spikes on Ferrothorn and Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel, but it took too long to set up, and one Defog gets rid of pretty much everything. Alternatively, I can go for an Assault Vest on Tentacruel, but Tentacruel really needs the passive recovery from Black Sludge.

Otherwise, that's the end of my RMT. The Importable and the Replays are just below this if you want to check them out. Thank you in advance for any advice/help/changes you put into this team!

feraligatr back.gif
manectric-mega back.gif
landorus-therian back.gif
ferrothorn back.gif
scizor back.gif
tentacruel back.gif

IMPORTABLE
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 224 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Protect

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

REPLAYS
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-432856017 - Really showcases Tentacruel
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-439458686 - When Ferrothorn 1v4's
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-439505876 - Tentacruel vs. M-Charizard Y + Feraligatr sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-440016338 - Scizor + Feraligatr sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-440980419 - Feraligatr sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-457447727 - Mega Manectric sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-456843586 - Tentacruel being awesome late-game
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-457187943 - Ferrothorn + Scizor + Feraligatr
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-458144933 - Mega Manectric sweep

Attachments

Your Team Before:

✧✧✧Hello, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

You're got a great team Fireflame479. It's offensively driven and has powerful wallbreakers, as well as sweepers to boot! That said there are some places the team needs fixing, so I hope to help you out there. Examples of this includes the team's weakness to opposing electric types e.g. Choice Spec Magnezone. The team looks more offensive then defensive, and since it's built around Feraligatr you're better off going with hyper offence (imo). A balanced play-style can work as well, however you won't be needing as many walls as you currently have (lol).

Oh that reminds me! It's also worth noting that my RMT aims to bring as many options for you to choose from. What's more the recommendations will mostly be offensive. I'll try to keep major changes to a minimum, whilst trying to increase your team's performance in battle. So yeah, let's get started. On to the RMT! ^^

Threats To The Team:

• Powerful electric types are a huge threat, as they can effectively KO 4+ members of the team. Examples include, Choice Spec Magnezone, Thundurus, opposing Mega Manetric etc.
  • This team has no means of handling stall. This is due to many stall teams having access to Unaware users (for additional support).
  • Negative status can be crippling, which gives defensive teams an option against your team.
  • Your team is fast, however it may struggle against opposing offensive teams who have access to Choice Scarfed users.
Solutions You Can Try:

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Impish / Lax Nature
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
U-turn / Hidden Power Fire
Stone Edge

I recommend the use of a Yache Berry to lure and KO Mega Metagross, Weavile, as well as Thundurus. The addition defence is very helpful when trying to survive Ice-type attacks. Removing the speed EVs on a defensive Landorus-T will give you initiative against opposing Landos, when switching. U-Turn also benefits removing the speed EVs i.e. it better introduces a teammate safely into the battle field. Hidden Power Fire can be used to pressure opposing Ferrothorns and Scizors, thus discouraging them from trying to stall (a lax nature is ideal for this, you can move the 16 EVs into Sp. Atk). That said U-Turn is the safer option, however if you can predict well then Hidden Power Fire is the superior option imo ^^

Note: The removal of Rocky Helmet makes this set somewhat passive, however U-Turn remedies this by allowing Lando to switch into a threatening teammate. I would personally run Rocky Helmet, Lax Nature and max defence Rotom-W. The reason for this is that Weavile and Thundurus are weakened drastically by Stealth Rocks alone, which Rotom-W should be left healthy to tackle Mega Metagross. In the mean time, Scizor and Landorus-T can be used to play mind games with Mega Metagross via Intimidate, U-Turn and Rock Helmet damage. Megagross isn't too much of an issue since Scizor can deal good damage to it, Landorus-T can annoy it with careful prediction, Latios speed ties with it, and Rotom-W can burn it ^^

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
U-turn
Pursuit
Bullet Punch / Iron Head
Superpower

A underappreciated set that turns Scizor into a revenge-killer and pursuit trapper. The perk of this set is to surprise and KO Gengar, Latios, Starmie and Serperior with its coverage. It is also faster than Tornadus-T and is capable of beating Clefable as well. Superpower is used to KO Magezone even if it is Choice Scarfed. Bullet Punch is recommended for nailing faster threats like Weavile, Mega Alakazam, and Mega Aerodactyl. Iron Head can be used instead for Clefable, it also has a useful chance to flinch a target.

Note: Jirachi might make a suitable replacement to Scizor, however doing so would be changing too much from how your team originally looked so I had to make due to Scizor. What's more adding Jirach would add to your team's Bisharp/dark weakeness. Scizor seemed ideal imo.

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite

Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Hyper Voice
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Taunt

Despite what you said earlier, Mega Manectric and Feraligatr aren't a great core. This is because M-Manectric doesn't KO the majority of Feraligatr's counters e.g. Quagsire, Mega Venusaur etc. However Feraligatr does pair well with Mega Gardevoir! The duo are capable of pressuring, as well as beating each others counters. For example Mega Gardevoir KO Quagsire, Rotom-W, Mega Venusaur, and pressures defensive Skarmory. On the other hand Feraligatr can KO everything that checks Mega Gardevoir like Gengar, Jirachi, Victini, Mega Metagross and Bronzong etc. In any case the team needs a stallbreaker, and Mega Gardevoir is an ideal teammate for the job. Taunt is great for stallbreaking and helps Mega Gardevoir beat Chansey (Taunt+Psyshock).

Note: Gardevoir can hold her own against rain teams by not Mega evolving too soon. This is thank to her ability Trace which allow it to gain useful abilities, so try to abuse it as much as you can in battle ^^

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Will-O-Wisp
Thunder Wave

Volt Switch helps with volt-turn and safely introducing teammates into battle. Hydro Pump hurts Gliscor and other ground types. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical threats, while Thunder Wave is recommended for dual status and cripple rain teams. I wouldn't recommend Pain Split as it is rarely used in battle. Spreading Paralysis offers speed control, and is effective against rain teams and Gengar etc.

Note: Rotom-W and Landorus-T are a solid defensive core, thanks to their synergy. I recommend adding Rotom-W to better handle bird spam and other defensive threats, this removes from pressure on Landorus-T. Rotom-W is also effective against Mega Metagross, Weavile and Rain Teams. Alternatively a fast set can be used to burn Bisharp, but it will reduce Rotom-W's defence. You can run 88 Evs in speed to outpace Jolly Crawdaunt.

Latios @ Life Orb

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Psyshock / Defog / Substitute
Surf
Roost

Latios protects the team against the assaults of Mega Charizard Y, Keldeo, Volcanion and Thundurus. It is also a strong wallbreaker and can act as a hazard remover via Defog. Substitute is an alternative for evading Bisharp's Sucker Punch. I recommend keeping Surf to aid in removing Tyranitar and Heatran. Psyshock is recommended for pressuring Clefable, Chansey Mega Vensuaur. Roost allows Latios to reliably counter Keldeo and other things.

Note: Defog isn't very important on the team, so Psyshock may be the better option here. It's helpful for beating Manaphy and BD Azumarill, as well as Mega Venusaur (since M-Gardevoir cannot 1HKO Mega Venusaur on its own).

Your Team After:

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

_____

Other Options To Consider:

Feraligatr makes a great core with Mega Charizard X. It's also better suited to Hyper Offence compared to Mega Gardevoir. On the M-Gardevoir set I mentioned above, Thundurus can replace Rotom-W because it out-speeds Mega Metagross and Gengar. It's priority Thunder Wave will be beneficial to the the team as well! These are random options to help spark some ideas. Best of luck battling Fireflame479, I hope these suggestions to be helpful ^^

Last edited:

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Your Team Before:

✧✧✧Hello, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

You're got a great team Fireflame479. It's offensively driven and has powerful wallbreakers, as well as sweepers to boot! That said there are some places the team needs fixing, so I hope to help you out there. Examples of this includes the team's weakness to opposing electric types e.g. Choice Spec Magnezone. The team looks more offensive then defensive, and since it's built around Feraligatr you're better off going with hyper offence (imo). A balanced play-style can work as well, however you won't be needing as many walls as you currently have (lol).

Oh that reminds me! It's also worth noting that my RMT aims to bring as many options for you to choose from. What's more the recommendations will mostly be offensive. I'll try to keep major changes to a minimum, whilst trying to increase your team's performance in battle. So yeah, let's get started. On to the RMT! ^^

Threats To The Team:

• Powerful electric types are a huge threat, as they can effectively KO 4+ members of the team. Examples include, Choice Spec Magnezone, Thundurus, opposing Mega Manetric etc.
  • This team has no means of handling stall. This is due to many stall teams having access to Unaware users (for additional support).
  • Negative status can be crippling, which gives defensive teams an option against your team.
  • Your team is fast, however it may struggle against opposing offensive teams who have access to Choice Scarfed users.
Solutions You Can Try:

Impish / Lax Nature
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
U-turn / Hidden Power Fire
Stone Edge

I recommend the use of a Yache Berry to lure and KO Mega Metagross, Weavile, as well as Thundurus. The addition defence is very helpful when trying to survive Ice-type attacks. Removing the speed EVs on a defensive Landorus-T will give you initiative against opposing Landos, when switching. U-Turn also benefits removing the speed EVs i.e. it better introduces a teammate safely into the battle field. Hidden Power Fire can be used to pressure opposing Ferrothorns and Scizors, thus discouraging them from trying to stall (a lax nature is ideal for this, you can move the 16 EVs into Sp. Atk). That said U-Turn is the safer option, however if you can predict well then Hidden Power Fire is the superior option imo ^^

Note: The removal of Rocky Helmet makes this set somewhat passive, however U-Turn remedies this by allowing Lando to switch into a threatening teammate. I would personally run Rocky Helmet, Lax Nature and max defence Rotom-W. The reason for this is that Weavile and Thundurus are weakened drastically by Stealth Rocks alone, which Rotom-W should be left healthy to tackle Mega Metagross. In the mean time, Scizor and Landorus-T can be used to play mind games with Mega Metagross via Intimidate, U-Turn and Rock Helmet damage. Megagross isn't too much of an issue since Scizor can deal good damage to it, Landorus-T can annoy it with careful prediction, Latios speed ties with it, and Rotom-W can burn it ^^

Jolly Nature
U-turn
Pursuit
Bullet Punch / Iron Head
Superpower

A underappreciated set that turns Scizor into a revenge-killer and pursuit trapper. The perk of this set is to surprise and KO Gengar, Latios, Starmie and Serperior with its coverage. It is also faster than Tornadus-T and is capable of beating Clefable as well. Superpower is used to KO Magezone even if it is Choice Scarfed. Bullet Punch is recommended for nailing faster threats like Weavile, Mega Alakazam, and Mega Aerodactyl. Iron Head can be used instead for Clefable, it also has a useful chance to flinch a target.

Note: Jirachi might make a suitable replacement to Scizor, however doing so would be changing too much from how your team originally looked so I had to make due to Scizor. What's more adding Jirach would add to your team's Bisharp/dark weakeness. Scizor seemed ideal imo.

Timid / Modest Nature
Hyper Voice
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Taunt

Despite what you said earlier, Mega Manectric and Feraligatr aren't a great core. This is because M-Manectric doesn't KO the majority of Feraligatr's counters e.g. Quagsire, Mega Venusaur etc. However Feraligatr does pair well with Mega Gardevoir! The duo are capable of pressuring, as well as beating each others counters. For example Mega Gardevoir KO Quagsire, Rotom-W, Mega Venusaur, and pressures defensive Skarmory. On the other hand Feraligatr can KO everything that checks Mega Gardevoir like Gengar, Jirachi, Victini, Mega Metagross and Bronzong etc. In any case the team needs a stallbreaker, and Mega Gardevoir is an ideal teammate for the job. Taunt is great for stallbreaking and helps Mega Gardevoir beat Chansey (Taunt+Psyshock).

Note: Gardevoir can hold her own against rain teams by not Mega evolving too soon. This is thank to her ability Trace which allow it to gain useful abilities, so try to abuse it as much as you can in battle ^^

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers

Bold Nature
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Will-O-Wisp
Thunder Wave

Volt Switch helps with volt-turn and safely introducing teammates into battle. Hydro Pump hurts Gliscor and other ground types. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical threats, while Thunder Wave is recommended for dual status and cripple rain teams. I wouldn't recommend Pain Split as it is rarely used in battle. Spreading Paralysis offers speed control, and is effective against rain teams and Gengar etc.

Note: Rotom-W and Landorus-T are a solid defensive core, thanks to their synergy. I recommend adding Rotom-W to better handle bird spam and other defensive threats, this removes from pressure on Landorus-T. Rotom-W is also effective against Mega Metagross, Weavile and Rain Teams. Alternatively a fast set can be used to burn Bisharp, but it will reduce Rotom-W's defence.

Latios @ Life Orb

Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Psyshock / Defog / Substitute
Surf
Roost

Latios protects the team against the assaults of Mega Charizard Y, Keldeo, Volcanion and Thundurus. It is also a strong wallbreaker and can act as a hazard remover via Defog. Substitute is an alternative for evading Bisharp's Sucker Punch. I recommend keeping Surf to aid in removing Tyranitar and Heatran. Psyshock is recommended for pressuring Clefable, Chansey Mega Vensuaur. Roost allows Latios to reliably counter Keldeo and other things.

Note: Defog isn't very important on the team, so Psyshock may be the better option here. It's helpful for beating Manaphy and BD Azumarill, as well as Mega Venusaur (since M-Gardevoir cannot 1HKO Mega Venusaur on its own).

Your Team After:

Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

_____

Other Options To Consider:

Feraligatr makes a great core with Mega Charizard X. It's also better suited to Hyper Offence compared to Mega Gardevoir. On the M-Gardevoir set I mentioned above, Thundurus can replace Rotom-W because it out-speeds Mega Metagross and Gengar. It's priority Thunder Wave will be beneficial to the the team as well! These are random options to help spark some ideas. Best of luck battling Fireflame479, I hope these suggestions to be helpful ^^
Thanks so much for your input. I'm quite busy at the moment, so I'll try and get back to your suggestions within the next day or two. Just a couple of things:

One, can you give a little insight why you chose to get rid of Tentacruel and Ferrothorn specifically?

Does Scarf Scizor lose out on much needed power compared to Choice Band Scizor?

Also, for Latios, I'm not a fan of Roost. I know that Thunderbolt is useful combined with Surf to support Scizor.

And are you sure that this team needs no hazard removal?

Hi Fireflame479,

Not to worry, please take your time. In the mean time, I'll be sure to answer your questions as best I can ^^

1)
One, can you give a little insight why you chose to get rid of Tentacruel and Ferrothorn specifically?
I stated earlier that your team was very weak to electric-types, especially Magnezone. I chose to limit how many water and steel types you had in the team to reduce this problem. You also mentioned Charizard Y to be a threat, so replacing Tentracruel with a reliable counter was ideal. In the end Latios was an ideal replacement as it counters Charizard Y, and opposing electric types like Mega Manetric. Latios KO's the major threats to your team (barring Bisharp).

2)
Does Scarf Scizor lose out on much needed power compared to Choice Band Scizor?
Mhm it certainly does, however its new role is to revenge kill. Your team doesn't need more power since it already has enough wallbreakers. Its main problem was its speed. The team needed a revenge killer and benefited from a Pursuit trapper, turning Scizor into a revenge killer seemed idea imo. It also allows Scizor to outspeed and score surprising KOs on Serperior, Starmie, Tornadus, Latios etc. Its role in the team is to outspeed and revenge kill.

3)
Also, for Latios, I'm not a fan of Roost. I know that Thunderbolt is useful combined with Surf to support Scizor.
Roost is very important because it allows Latios to recover HP, so that it can continuously counter Keldeo, opposing Mega Manetric etc. I thought about Thunderbolt, however you already have Rotom-W to handle Skarmory and most water types. With Surf Latios can KO defensive Skarmory, and Psyshock was the best coverage for hitting Mega Venusaur, Azumarill and Manaphy (Draco Meteor or Psyshock can weaken them, and Choice Scarf Scizor can KO them with U-Turn).

4)
And are you sure that this team needs no hazard removal?
Hazard removal is always helpful, however the team doesn't [badly] need Defog. This due to its members not being weak to entry hazards (none is weak to SR). What's more hazard stacking isn't a popular strategy, esecially since turns of stacking can go to waste in a second thanks to Defog or Rapid Spin. Removing entry hazards isn't a must, however Defog is still an option (for support). It's up to you ^^

I hope this clears things up, best of luck Fireflame479

P.S. Psyshock is there so that Mega Gardevoir doesn't have to face a healthy Mega Venusaur (M-Garde cannot 1HKO defensive or offensive Mega Venusaur). So yup, that's the main reason for it. Mega Venusaur threatens the team if Latios isn't running Psyshock. If I had to make a choice, this would be the changes I'd use. It allows me to play around most threats including Bisharp (without running Substitute ofc). Hidden Power Fire takes care of opposing Ferrothorns and Scizors, while Weavile can be revenge killed and is pressured by stealth rocks. Mega Medicham and Mega Metagross can be played around, and Latios takes care of Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Venusaur, Heatrans and Tyranitars (switching in)^^

This is a really cool team with a nice core. I'm digging Tentacruel.

Couple suggestions:

For Ferrothorn, you can get extra chip damage with Rocky Helmet. Rocky Helment + Iron Barbs + Leech Seed is over 40% on opponents that attack Ferro. Since the idea is just for it to take hits, it's easy to buy some cheap extra damage.

For Tentacruel, not sure it needs so much physical bulk. You might want to shoot for the 4HKO on Charizard's Solarbeam. You'll gain extra stat points by using a Calm nature. Physical attackers are handled well by your team; Scizor's Bullet Punch, Ferrothorn, and Lando.

You can optomize your walls by specifying what you need them to check. For Ferrothorn, I would use the Smogon Standard spread and drop Toxic for Power Whip. You can check Azumarill and Manaphy better without having to rely on Manec.

Otherwise, really cool team. Not a personal fan of Feral but kudos for the creativity. Let us know how high you get!

EDIT: For Bisharp and Weavile, one could consider dropping Feral for Keldeo. Scizor is great for Pursuiting Keldeo's counters. Something to think about.

Fireflame

Silksong when
Hi Fireflame479,

Not to worry, please take your time. In the mean time, I'll be sure to answer your questions as best I can ^^

1)

I stated earlier that your team was very weak to electric-types, especially Magnezone. I chose to limit how many water and steel types you had in the team to reduce this problem. You also mentioned Charizard Y to be a threat, so replacing Tentracruel with a reliable counter was ideal. In the end Latios was an ideal replacement as it counters Charizard Y, and opposing electric types like Mega Manetric. Latios KO's the major threats to your team (barring Bisharp).

2)

Mhm it certainly does, however its new role is to revenge kill. Your team doesn't need more power since it already has enough wallbreakers. Its main problem was its speed. The team needed a revenge killer and benefited from a Pursuit trapper, turning Scizor into a revenge killer seemed idea imo. It also allows Scizor to outspeed and score surprising KOs on Serperior, Starmie, Tornadus, Latios etc. Its role in the team is to outspeed and revenge kill.

3)

Roost is very important because it allows Latios to recover HP, so that it can continuously counter Keldeo, opposing Mega Manetric etc. I thought about Thunderbolt, however you already have Rotom-W to handle Skarmory and most water types. With Surf Latios can KO defensive Skarmory, and Psyshock was the best coverage for hitting Mega Venusaur, Azumarill and Manaphy (Draco Meteor or Psyshock can weaken them, and Choice Scarf Scizor can KO them with U-Turn).

4)
Hazard removal is always helpful, however the team doesn't [badly] need Defog. This due to its members not being weak to entry hazards (none is weak to SR). What's more hazard stacking isn't a popular strategy, esecially since turns of stacking can go to waste in a second thanks to Defog or Rapid Spin. Removing entry hazards isn't a must, however Defog is still an option (for support). It's up to you ^^

I hope this clears things up, best of luck Fireflame479

P.S. Psyshock is there so that Mega Gardevoir doesn't have to face a healthy Mega Venusaur (M-Garde cannot 1HKO defensive or offensive Mega Venusaur). So yup, that's the main reason for it. Mega Venusaur threatens the team if Latios isn't running Psyshock. If I had to make a choice, this would be the changes I'd use. It allows me to play around most threats including Bisharp (without running Substitute ofc). Hidden Power Fire takes care of opposing Ferrothorns and Scizors, while Weavile can be revenge killed and is pressured by stealth rocks. Mega Medicham and Mega Metagross can be played around, and Latios takes care of Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Venusaur, Heatrans and Tyranitars (switching in)^^
Sorry for the late reply. I've been super busy this week. But, I did play a lot of games with the new team you suggested, so I'm reporting feedback.

So for the Landorus-T changes: In regards to the Yache Berry, I didn't actually get into a situation where I was able to use it successfully. I was able to switch into Mega Medicham, but even so, Ice Punch still 2HKOes on the switch. I just found Rocky Helmet more successful. The 8 Speed EVs outspeed positive-natured base 50s, which I favor more than under-speeding other Landorus. Also, those 20 Atk EVs secure the OHKO on Thundurus with Stone Edge after Life Orb recoil/rocks, and the loss of Defense isn't that significant.

Scarf Scizor was interesting, but I didn't find it as effective as Banded Scizor. Scarf Scizor didn't do any meaningful damage, and I couldn't even 2HKO Clefable with Bullet Punch. It was very useful at first, since the opponents never didn't know that I was Scarfed, but after that it was kind of lackluster. Getting surprise KOs is cool and all, but then my team lacked a physical wallbreaker. Choice Band Scizor is still able to revenge kill and pursuit trap due to the amount of switches it forces out.

In regards to Gardevoir: I don't really know how I feel about it. Mega Gardevoir did do a lot of damage, but it was kind of just there. Just having Taunt didn't really help all that much, and it doesn't have any capability of switching into anything. Most of the problem, though, is that I don't know how to use Gardevoir.

The Rotom-W and Latios changes were excellent, though! Landorus-T + Rotom-W is an amazing defensive VoltTurn core that can switch into many attackers (except for Mega Medicham and Bisharp :( ) Rotom-W is great with the dual status set also. Latios was a great answer to Mega Charizard Y, and I found that it wallbreaked much more effectively than Gardevoir or Mega Manectric.

What I ended up doing was just making a second version of the team. Both versions (mine and yours) offered different benefits and had different weaknesses. I'm occasionally switching back and forth.

Also tagging RaikouLover for his rate:
1). I prefer Leftovers over Rocky Helmet on Ferrothorn because it gives much more recovery combined with Leftovers, and it is much better for stalling out Magnezone. Rocky Helmet is still cool for dealing more damage.
2). I did change Tentacruel's EV spread and made it much more specially defensive. I still included some physical bulk though. The EV spread allowed me to avoid the 3HKO from Mega Charizard Y's Solar Beam/Fire Blast while also avoiding the 3HKO from Keldeo's Secret Sword.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man its been a while since i see feraligatr in OU, this team looks really good and scary on paper, however after a closer look had a ton of problem facing strong and fast attacker, but even though the team lack of switchings had excellent mons to pressure other squad. Your threat list is very accurate however some of the threats you have are kinda manageable like weav or mega medi, but when we talk bout keld and bish your team suffers a lot. So id like to suggest a couple changes and some moveset as well.
  • First is ferrothorn, i think a SpD set (168 spd, 88 def sassy nature) is better for your team to take better on fairies, also twave>toxic and iron head >gyro ball would make much sense, as you can handle cm clef and cripple gardevoir + other fast and scary threats and power whip over protect to handle manaphy.
  • Latios over tentacruel so you have a solid way of beating mega venu and keldeo, also with a colbur berry so you can lure bisharp in case you choose a coverage move over a support one.
  • And last scarf terrak> scizor, toxic in the last slot is useful to wear down slowbro and bulky grounds like hippo.
Terrakion @ choice scarf
Ability: justify
EVs: 252 atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close combat
- stone edge
- toxic
- rock slide

Latios @ Life Orb / colbur berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- surf / defog
- Roost
Alternatively you can try LO thundurus over mega manectric and mega lopunny> scarf terrakion. Hope i help you gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)