UU Feraligatr

[OVERVIEW]

Access to Sheer Force and Life Orb in conjunction with Dragon Dance makes Feraligatr a strong wallbreaker. Thanks to Feraligatr's decent bulk, it can survive some hits from common faster Pokemon such as Mega Beedrill, Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl, and Krookodile to set up a Dragon Dance. It also has a number of useful resistances, which gives it setup opportunities against Pokemon that can't hit it super effectively like Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, and Infernape. Feraligatr threatens a lot of balance archetypes well because of its ability to easily break through their defensive backbone. Unfortunately, Feraligatr faces competition from Pokemon such as Crawdaunt, Primarina, and Mega Blastoise; the former two are way more threatening due to their secondary typing, while the latter has access to Rapid Spin to support its team. Crawdaunt can also viably use a Z-Move, unlike Feraligatr. A lacking Speed stat means Feraligatr can still get outsped by common Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon and Latias, and it also gets outsped by Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Manectric even at +1.

[SET]
name: Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Liquidation
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Crunch
item: Life Orb
ability: Sheer Force
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Dragon Dance boosts Feraligatr's Attack and Speed stat by one stage, which makes it a threat that can easily sweep once its checks are weakened. Liquidation is Feraligatr's best STAB move and gets boosted by Sheer Force. Aqua Jet is an option on Feraligatr, though, as it can ensure the OHKO on Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill when boosted. Ice Punch hits Pokemon such as Mega Altaria, Hydreigon, and Amoonguss, which can tank both Liquidation and Crunch. Crunch is used to hit Water-types that resist both Ice Punch and Liquidation such as Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent; it also gives good neutral coverage.

Set Details
========

252 Attack EVs allow Feraligatr to hit as hard as possible. A Jolly nature with 252 Speed EVs lets Feraligatr outspeed threats such as Crobat and Krookodile when boosted. However, an Adamant nature lets it inflict much more damage as a whole. Sheer Force in conjunction with Life Orb heavily increases the power of Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch with a 1.69x boost, and Life Orb's recoil is negated on all of Feraligatr's attacks except for Aqua Jet.

Usage Tips
========

Feraligatr doesn't want to be chipped, so avoid unnecessarily bringing it in on attacks so it can stay as healthy as possible to set up and sweep late-game. If Feraligatr can be brought in early- to mid-game while preserving as much HP as possible, it's better to fire off an attack and then set up later in the game. Don't try to set up with Feraligatr as long as its checks such as Alomomola, Rotom-W, and Suicune are still healthy, unless this is more beneficial for its team. Try to get Feraligatr in on a free switch in or via a pivot like Rotom-W and Mega Beedril to set up or just fire off a powerful attack. Pokemon that can outspeed Feraligatr when boosted such as Mega Beedrill and Mega Sceptile should be removed before trying to set up and sweep.

Team Options
========

Feraligatr should be used on offensively oriented teams as a late-game cleaner. Dragon-types like Choice Scarf Latias and Mega Altaria can threaten some of Feraligatr's checks like Choice Scarf Hydreigon and bulky Water-types. Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock such as Cobalion, Terrakion, Mamoswine, and Krookodile make for good teammates, as they can also wear down many of Feraligatr's checks through residual damage. Klefki can switch in on many of Feraligatr's checks such as Mega Sceptile, Serperior, and Mega Sharpedo and provides Spikes support to wear down its grounded checks. Pokemon that can break bulky Grass- and Water-types, such as Mega Manectric, Kyurem, and Nidoking, make for great teammates because they can get rid of Feraligatr's checks so it can clean up late-game.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used for extra power to break through checks like Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Seismitoad. Superpower and Earthquake can OHKO Pokemon such as Mega Manectric, Kyurem, and Empoleon, respectively, but the coverage that Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch provide is generally better. Substitute lets Feraligatr avoid status ailments like burn and paralysis from Pokemon like Rotom-W and Klefki, but if Feraligatr does opt to run it, (AC) it will lose out on crucial coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water-types**: Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent are three of the best checks to Feraligatr, as they can chew on Ice Punch and Liquidation. However, they have to be wary of a +1 Crunch, which can 2HKO Rotom-W, 3HKO Alomomola, and almost always OHKO Jellicent. Primarina and Mega Sharpedo resist Feraligatr's STAB and coverage moves; however, both have to be wary of getting OHKOed by a +2 Liquidation after Stealth Rock damage.

**Faster Pokemon**: At +1 Speed, Feraligatr still fails to KO some faster Pokemon, which means common Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon and Latias can easily threaten it out with their STAB moves. Other faster Pokemon such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Manectric, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Aerodactyl outspeed a boosted Feraligatr and can threaten it with their respective STAB moves.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Rotom-W, Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Rotom-C all outspeed an unboosted Feraligatr and threaten it with their STAB moves. However, they can't switch in on Feraligatr, as they will take massive damage from Liquidation or Crunch.

**Quagsire**: Quagsire has access to Unaware, which ignores Feraligatr’s boosts, but Quagsire has to be at full health to properly check Feraligatr, as it takes nearly half from Liquidation.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Amoonguss and Serperior can easily check Feraligatr, as they can take even a +1 Ice Punch and retaliate with a Giga Drain or Leaf Storm, respectively. Mega Sceptile is another good check, as it can outspeed a +1 Feraligatr.

Last edited:
this is an amcheck and does not count for 1/3 (this time, please wait until an actual QC member checks over this, since I could say things that QC disagrees with)

Overview
  • I think it's fair to mention that Feraligatr's decent bulk allows it to tank hits pretty nicely from scarfers / revenge killers. For example, Scarf Latias and Hydreigon don't OHKO with Draco Meteor and in return are OHKOed by a +1 Ice Punch, Scarf Nihilego doesn't OHKO with Thunderbolt, Mega Aerodactyl doesn't OHKO with Stone Edge, Mega Beedrill doesn't OHKO with Poison Jab, etc.
  • What does Feraligatr's resistances allow it to set up on? (Hint: Ground-types and Ice-types like Mamoswine, Hippowdon, Gliscor, etc)
  • Mention that Feraligatr has good coverage moves as well, as well as priority in Aqua Jet, although it leads to four moveslot syndrome sometimes.
  • Why does Dragon Dance Feraligatr threaten offensive teams well?
  • Why does Feraligatr face competition from Crawdaunt as a wallbreaker? Here, I would also mention that it faces competition other Water-types like Primarina and Mega Blastoise as well, which are both bulkier and provide similar utility because of their secondary typings or Rapid Spin.
Moves
  • Mention that Waterfall recieves a boost from Sheer Force.
  • I feel like Aqua Jet deserves at least a mention here, if not a slash. The priority can be really nice for doing shit like 2HKOing Mega Shark with the combination of Waterfall and Aqua Jet, also lets you deal heavy damage to Mega Beedrill and Mega Aerodactyl that try to revenge you, OHKOing both after SR if Jolly and having a nice chance to OHKO both straight up if Adamant.
  • In Ice Punch, Chesnaught is irrelevant in the current meta. Replace this with Mega Altaria, since the line still applies.
Set Details
  • Mention that Adamant with Aqua Jet can OHKO faster mons like Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill without help from Stealth Rock.
Usage Tips
  • The first line of "Feraligatr should be used on offensive teams as a late-game cleaner" belongs in Team Options if anything.
  • Setting up when Grass-types are still alive is totally fine to do if you have some hazards up, (and even if you don't, since a lot of them are straight OHKOed by +1 Ice Punch) since Amoonguss and Celebi (even defensive Celebi) are OHKOed after SR by Ice Punch / Crunch. If anything, Feraligatr should be worried about Water-types still being alive, since it has no SE coverage to hit them.
  • If we assume that Feraligatr isn't getting chipped by hazards, it isn't really threatened by Mega Aerodactyl, since it's OHKOed at +1 by Waterfall / Aqua Jet. Mention that Feraligatr only really worries about Mega Aerodactyl if it's in Stone Edge range.
Other Options
  • Swords Dance definitely deserves a mention here if not its own set. Really, really powerful wallbreaker that can deal really, really heavy damage to defensive teams mons like Rotom-W, Slowbro, Seismitoad, etc.
Checks and Counters
  • Again, Chesnaught sucks, so just remove it from Grass-types.
  • Water-types should be above Faster Pokemon, since they counter Feraligatr way harder. Mention how Alomomola can Toxic stall Feraligatr with the combination of Toxic and WishProtect, and how Rotom-W can gain momentum on it with Volt.
  • Mention how Electric-types can't actually switch into Feraligatr.
Pretty good stuff overall. There's also some grammar problems but GP can handle that.

Last edited:
this is an amcheck and does not count for 1/3 (this time, please wait until an actual QC member checks over this, since I could say things that QC disagrees with)

Overview
  • I think it's fair to mention that Feraligatr's decent bulk allows it to tank hits pretty nicely from scarfers / revenge killers. For example, Scarf Latias and Hydreigon don't OHKO with Draco Meteor and in return are OHKOed by a +1 Ice Punch, Scarf Nihilego doesn't OHKO with Thunderbolt, Mega Aerodactyl doesn't OHKO with Stone Edge, Mega Beedrill doesn't OHKO with Poison Jab, etc.
  • What does Feraligatr's resistances allow it to set up on? (Hint: Ground-types and Ice-types like Mamoswine, Hippowdon, Gliscor, etc)
  • Mention that Feraligatr has good coverage moves as well, as well as priority in Aqua Jet, although it leads to four moveslot syndrome sometimes.
  • Why does Dragon Dance Feraligatr threaten offensive teams well?
  • Why does Feraligatr face competition from Crawdaunt as a wallbreaker? Here, I would also mention that it faces competition other Water-types like Primarina and Mega Blastoise as well, which are both bulkier and provide similar utility because of their secondary typings or Rapid Spin.
Moves
  • Mention that Waterfall recieves a boost from Sheer Force.
  • I feel like Aqua Jet deserves at least a mention here, if not a slash. The priority can be really nice for doing shit like 2HKOing Mega Shark with the combination of Waterfall and Aqua Jet, also lets you deal heavy damage to Mega Beedrill and Mega Aerodactyl that try to revenge you, OHKOing both after SR if Jolly and having a nice chance to OHKO both straight up if Adamant.
  • In Ice Punch, Chesnaught is irrelevant in the current meta. Replace this with Mega Altaria, since the line still applies.
Set Details
  • Mention that Adamant with Aqua Jet can OHKO faster mons like Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill without help from Stealth Rock.
Usage Tips
  • The first line of "Feraligatr should be used on offensive teams as a late-game cleaner" belongs in Team Options if anything.
  • Setting up when Grass-types are still alive is totally fine to do if you have some hazards up, (and even if you don't, since a lot of them are straight OHKOed by +1 Ice Punch) since Amoonguss and Celebi (even defensive Celebi) are OHKOed after SR by Ice Punch / Crunch. If anything, Feraligatr should be worried about Water-types still being alive, since it has no SE coverage to hit them.
  • If we assume that Feraligatr isn't getting chipped by hazards, it isn't really threatened by Mega Aerodactyl, since it's OHKOed at +1 by Waterfall / Aqua Jet. Mention that Feraligatr only really worries about Mega Aerodactyl if it's in Stone Edge range.
Other Options
  • Swords Dance definitely deserves a mention here if not its own set. Really, really powerful wallbreaker that can deal really, really heavy damage to defensive teams mons like Rotom-W, Slowbro, Seismitoad, etc.
Checks and Counters
  • Again, Chesnaught sucks, so just remove it from Grass-types.
  • Water-types should be above Faster Pokemon, since they counter Feraligatr way harder. Mention how Alomomola can Toxic stall Feraligatr with the combination of Toxic and WishProtect, and how Rotom-W can gain momentum on it with Volt.
  • Mention how Electric-types can't actually switch into Feraligatr.
Pretty good stuff overall. There's also some grammar problems but GP can handle that.
implemented most of this

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
Gonna amcheck rq

Overview
  • I wouldn't say Mamoswine is exactly free setup, given it can 2HKO, which could warrant a mention
  • Another thing is mentioning how Crawdaunt can viably run Z Moves
  • I would say offensive teams are Feraligatr's worst matchup, given how many things can revenge kill it or pressure it out on HO, change this to "Feraligatr threatens more balanced archetypes very well..."
  • As Aqua Jet is not explicitly on the set, and there aren't any slashes to the set I would remove the bullet about 4MSS
Moves
  • I would change the first bullet to something like " Dragon Dance allows Feraligatr to become a dangerous sweeper once checks have been appropriately weakened" As is it sounds like just explicitly saying what the move does, but not what it does in the context of Gatr
  • Ice Punch also hits stuff like Hydreigon, which is worth a mention.
  • I would also mention how Crunch gives excellent neutral coverage.
Set Details
  • Jolly Gatr still doesn't outspeed Mega Sceptile at +1
  • Also, mention what Gatr hits harder with Adamant specifically, for example, Adamant guarantees 2HKO on Rotom-W, even after an opposing wisp play.
  • The second line could probably be changed to something like "Life Orb in conjunction with Sheer Force maximizes Feraligatr's damage output, giving a 1.69x boost to all attacks except Aqua Jet". This goes more into depth about what the things do for Gatr.
Usage Tips
  • I would change the second line to "As long as its checks are healthy", as Rotom W and Vincune can be beat with the appropriate chip.
  • I wouldn't say MAero is threat to Gatr unless it's been heavily chipped, so you can scrap this line in my opinion.
Team Options
  • I would mention Dragons here, especially stuff like Scarf Lati or MAlt, who can take care of some of Gatr's checks such as Scarf Hydrei or Bulky Waters, and in MAlt's case, it appreciates Gatr weakening walls for it.
  • I would also mention how the rocks seter is not doing the weakening of the checks themselves, but the Stealth Rock being set does.
Other Options
  • Swords Dance is the best option here, so move it to the top of OO.
  • Special sets could deserve a mention here as well, but mention how it faces too much competition to be normally viable.
Checks and Counters
  • The Water-type line is repeated, so remove one
  • I would put Grass-types at the bottom here, as their viability has been shaky as of late.
  • Dragons can offensively pressure it and force it out, so they should get a mention here, but mention how they should be wary of coverage options.
  • Merge the Primarina/Sharpedo section with the Water-type one and just give them a special mention.
Feel free to implement however much you want unless QC tells you to implement fully, hope I helped.

Gonna amcheck rq

Overview
  • I wouldn't say Mamoswine is exactly free setup, given it can 2HKO, which could warrant a mention
  • Another thing is mentioning how Crawdaunt can viably run Z Moves
  • I would say offensive teams are Feraligatr's worst matchup, given how many things can revenge kill it or pressure it out on HO, change this to "Feraligatr threatens more balanced archetypes very well..."
  • As Aqua Jet is not explicitly on the set, and there aren't any slashes to the set I would remove the bullet about 4MSS
Moves
  • I would change the first bullet to something like " Dragon Dance allows Feraligatr to become a dangerous sweeper once checks have been appropriately weakened" As is it sounds like just explicitly saying what the move does, but not what it does in the context of Gatr
  • Ice Punch also hits stuff like Hydreigon, which is worth a mention.
  • I would also mention how Crunch gives excellent neutral coverage.
Set Details
  • Jolly Gatr still doesn't outspeed Mega Sceptile at +1
  • Also, mention what Gatr hits harder with Adamant specifically, for example, Adamant guarantees 2HKO on Rotom-W, even after an opposing wisp play.
  • The second line could probably be changed to something like "Life Orb in conjunction with Sheer Force maximizes Feraligatr's damage output, giving a 1.69x boost to all attacks except Aqua Jet". This goes more into depth about what the things do for Gatr.
Usage Tips
  • I would change the second line to "As long as its checks are healthy", as Rotom W and Vincune can be beat with the appropriate chip.
  • I wouldn't say MAero is threat to Gatr unless it's been heavily chipped, so you can scrap this line in my opinion.
Team Options
  • I would mention Dragons here, especially stuff like Scarf Lati or MAlt, who can take care of some of Gatr's checks such as Scarf Hydrei or Bulky Waters, and in MAlt's case, it appreciates Gatr weakening walls for it.
  • I would also mention how the rocks seter is not doing the weakening of the checks themselves, but the Stealth Rock being set does.
Other Options
  • Swords Dance is the best option here, so move it to the top of OO.
  • Special sets could deserve a mention here as well, but mention how it faces too much competition to be normally viable.
Checks and Counters
  • The Water-type line is repeated, so remove one
  • I would put Grass-types at the bottom here, as their viability has been shaky as of late.
  • Dragons can offensively pressure it and force it out, so they should get a mention here, but mention how they should be wary of coverage options.
  • Merge the Primarina/Sharpedo section with the Water-type one and just give them a special mention.
Feel free to implement however much you want unless QC tells you to implement fully, hope I helped.
implemented.

for the overview, i'd mention that in the second point that this allows it to have decent set up opportunities

wouldn't say that craw and prima have more utility either because of their second stabs, moreso that they're just more threatening because of it

i'd give sub a mention alongside the sd point in oo

nuked covered most of the other points so this looks fine. just avoid saying "you" in analyses, 1/3

for the overview, i'd mention that in the second point that this allows it to have decent set up opportunities

wouldn't say that craw and prima have more utility either because of their second stabs, moreso that they're just more threatening because of it

i'd give sub a mention alongside the sd point in oo

nuked covered most of the other points so this looks fine. just avoid saying "you" in analyses, 1/3
implemented.

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
* Your first bullet point isn't really worded cohesively at all. I'd just drop the Life Orb mention and clean up that sentence in general.
* Remove the Nihilego and Hydreigon mentions and replace them with more appropriate ones. Nihilego carries Thunderbolt on a lot of its sets, while Hydreigon's Specs set has been picking up steam for a while now and can OHKO Feraligatr.
* 'it also gets outsped by Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Manectric naturally.' specify that this is at +1 Speed.

Set
Replace your Waterfall mention with Liquidation, as it has a slightly higher damage output. Be sure to remove subsequent mentions of Waterfall in this analysis and replace them with Liquidation.

Moves
* 'can chew' is kind of an odd way to phrase 'can tank' so consider changing that.
* Remove the Slowbro mention since it's kind of mediocre now.

Set Details
* Talonflame isn't too relevant anymore, so replace that example with something like Infernape or Terrakion.

Usage Tips
* This section looks good overall, but add in a mention of bringing Feraligatr in on a free switch or through the support of a pivot in order to preserve its HP.

Team Options
* Replace the Mega Abomasnow with something like Kyurem or Nidoking.

Other Options
* Remove the Blissey mention, it is almost always OHKOed by +1 Liquidation after rocks.
* Say in the Substitute line that it's generally suboptimal due to the loss of coverage.

Checks and Counters
* 'Other faster Pokemon such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Manectric, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Aerodactyl can all threaten Feraligatr with their respective STAB moves.' - state that all of these Pokemon outspeed Feraligatr even after a Dragon Dance boost.
* Replace the Celebi mention with Serperior.

Good work, QC 2/3 once this has been implemented.

Overview
* Your first bullet point isn't really worded cohesively at all. I'd just drop the Life Orb mention and clean up that sentence in general.
* Remove the Nihilego and Hydreigon mentions and replace them with more appropriate ones. Nihilego carries Thunderbolt on a lot of its sets, while Hydreigon's Specs set has been picking up steam for a while now and can OHKO Feraligatr.
* 'it also gets outsped by Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Manectric naturally.' specify that this is at +1 Speed.

Set
Replace your Waterfall mention with Liquidation, as it has a slightly higher damage output. Be sure to remove subsequent mentions of Waterfall in this analysis and replace them with Liquidation.

Moves
* 'can chew' is kind of an odd way to phrase 'can tank' so consider changing that.
* Remove the Slowbro mention since it's kind of mediocre now.

Set Details
* Talonflame isn't too relevant anymore, so replace that example with something like Infernape or Terrakion.

Usage Tips
* This section looks good overall, but add in a mention of bringing Feraligatr in on a free switch or through the support of a pivot in order to preserve its HP.

Team Options
* Replace the Mega Abomasnow with something like Kyurem or Nidoking.

Other Options
* Remove the Blissey mention, it is almost always OHKOed by +1 Liquidation after rocks.
* Say in the Substitute line that it's generally suboptimal due to the loss of coverage.

Checks and Counters
* 'Other faster Pokemon such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Manectric, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Aerodactyl can all threaten Feraligatr with their respective STAB moves.' - state that all of these Pokemon outspeed Feraligatr even after a Dragon Dance boost.
* Replace the Celebi mention with Serperior.

Good work, QC 2/3 once this has been implemented.
Implemented.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll preface this by saying that Feraligatr will probably get an Agility set after this, but it'll be a separate thing since it's very late into the writing process and I'd rather not make huge changes now and delay it.

Overview:
  • I don't see much of an issue content-wise, but the consolidation from the start up until the part about breaking through defensive backbones of balance teams is a little lacking. By this, I mean that you first talked about it being a good wallbreaker but then you just talked about it can take hits and resist moves to set up, so it feels like there's a link missing; definitely try to tie the whole thing together, either through making the setup related to wallbreaking or mention sweeping potential.
  • "Feraligatr's Access to Sheer Force and Life Orb make Feraligatr one of the strongest wallbreakers in the tier." honestly don't say one of the strongest because it's an inaccurate portrayal of an overall mediocre Pokemon
Moves:
  • "Dragon Dance makes Feraligatr a very threatening sweeper that can easily sweep once its checks are weakened" Bring the boost in power into relevance of how it breaks through walls.
Set Details:
  • "However, an Adamant nature lets you beat checks such as Rotom W, and inflicts much more damage as a whole. " Does it really? Feraligatr is just going to get burned by Will-o-Wisp or OHKOed by Thunderbolt from offensive variants (those take a +1 Adamant Crunch from full as well)
Usage Tips:
  • Okay I have an issue with the first sentence. It really makes it sound like you're literally never bringing it in lol. Yes, it does not like taking chip damage but it should still have some opportunities to come in aside from after KOs on your team or VoltTurn.
  • "Don’t try to set up with Feraligatr as long as its checks such as Alomomola, Rotom-W, and Suicune are still healthy." Well if it's used as a wallbreaker as well, this is not always true, since you'd be doing a lot of damage to pave the way for teammates.

QC 3/3

I'll preface this by saying that Feraligatr will probably get an Agility set after this, but it'll be a separate thing since it's very late into the writing process and I'd rather not make huge changes now and delay it.

Overview:
  • I don't see much of an issue content-wise, but the consolidation from the start up until the part about breaking through defensive backbones of balance teams is a little lacking. By this, I mean that you first talked about it being a good wallbreaker but then you just talked about it can take hits and resist moves to set up, so it feels like there's a link missing; definitely try to tie the whole thing together, either through making the setup related to wallbreaking or mention sweeping potential.
  • "Feraligatr's Access to Sheer Force and Life Orb make Feraligatr one of the strongest wallbreakers in the tier." honestly don't say one of the strongest because it's an inaccurate portrayal of an overall mediocre Pokemon
Moves:
  • "Dragon Dance makes Feraligatr a very threatening sweeper that can easily sweep once its checks are weakened" Bring the boost in power into relevance of how it breaks through walls.
Set Details:
  • "However, an Adamant nature lets you beat checks such as Rotom W, and inflicts much more damage as a whole. " Does it really? Feraligatr is just going to get burned by Will-o-Wisp or OHKOed by Thunderbolt from offensive variants (those take a +1 Adamant Crunch from full as well)
Usage Tips:
  • Okay I have an issue with the first sentence. It really makes it sound like you're literally never bringing it in lol. Yes, it does not like taking chip damage but it should still have some opportunities to come in aside from after KOs on your team or VoltTurn.
  • "Don’t try to set up with Feraligatr as long as its checks such as Alomomola, Rotom-W, and Suicune are still healthy." Well if it's used as a wallbreaker as well, this is not always true, since you'd be doing a lot of damage to pave the way for teammates.

QC 3/3

Implemented.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2

[OVERVIEW]

Feraligatr's Access to Sheer Force and Life Orb in conjunction with Dragon Dance makes Feraligatr a strong wallbreaker. Thanks to Feraligatr's decent bulk, it can survive live some hits from common faster Pokemon such as Mega Beedrill, Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl, and Krookodile to set up a Dragon Dance. It also has a number of useful amount of resistances, which gives it means it gets a good amount of setup opportunities against on Pokemon that can't hit it super effectively like Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, and Infernape. Feraligatr threatens a lot of balance archetypes well because of its ability to easily break through their defensive backbone. Unfortunately, Feraligatr sees competition from Pokemon such as Crawdaunt, Primarina, Mega Blastoise; the former two are way more threatening due to their secondary typing, while the last latter has access to Rapid Spin to support its team. Crawdaunt can also viably use a Z-Move, unlike which Feraligatr can't. A lacking Speed stat means Feraligatr can still get outsped by common Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon and Latias, and it also gets outsped by Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Manectric, (remove comma) even when boosted.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Dragon Dance boosts Feraligatr's Attack and Speed stat by one stage, which makes Feraligatr a very threatening sweeper that can easily sweep once its checks are weakened. Liquidation is Feraligatr's best STAB move and gets boosted by Sheer Force. Aqua Jet is an option on Feraligatr, though, as it can ensure the to OH?KO on Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill when boosted. Ice Punch hits Pokemon such as Mega Altaria, Hydreigon, and Amoonguss, which that can tank both Liquidation and Crunch. Crunch is used to hit Water-types that resist both Ice Punch and Liquidation such as Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent; it also gives good neutral coverage.

Set Details
========

A Jolly nature with 252 Speed EVs lets Feraligatr outspeed threats such as Crobat and Krookodile when boosted. However, an Adamant nature lets it you inflicts much more damage as a whole. Sheer Force in conjunction with Life Orb heavily increases the power of Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch with a 1.69x boost, and Life Orb's recoil is negated on all of Feraligatr's attacks while also avoiding recoil damage from Life Orb, except for Aqua Jet.

Usage Tips
========

Feraligatr doesn't want to be chipped, so avoid unnecessarily bringing it in unnecessary, on attacks to preserve as much HP as possible to set up and sweep late-game. If Feraligatr can be brought in early- to mid-game while preserving as much HP as possible (you use this phrase in the previous sentence so change one), it's better to fire off an attack then set up (do you mean "attacking is better than setting up" or "you should attack first and right after that, set up"? if the first one, change then to than. if the second one, add and before then). Don't try to set up with Feraligatr as long as its checks such as Alomomola, Rotom-W, and Suicune are still healthy, unless this is more beneficial for its team. Try to get Feraligatr in on a free switch in or via a pivot like Rotom-W and Mega Beedril to potentially start setting up or just fire firing off a powerful attack. Pokemon that can outspeed Feraligatr when boosted such as Mega Beedrill and Mega Sceptile should be made sure of (what does this mean? make sure of what? if you just want them to be gone say "should be removed" instead of "should be made sure of") before trying to set up and sweep with Feraligatr.

Team Options
========

Feraligatr should be used on offensively oriented teams as a late-game cleaner. Dragon-types like Choice Scarf Latias and Mega Altaria can threaten some of Feraligatr's checks like Choice Scarf Hydreigon and bulky Water-types. Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock such as Cobalion, Terrakion, Mamoswine, and Krookodile make for good teammates, as they can also wear down many of Feraligatr's checks through residual damage Stealth Rock. Klefki can switch in on many of Feraligatr's checks such as Mega Sceptile, Serperior, and, (remove comma) Mega Sharpedo and provides while also providing Spikes support to wear down its grounded checks. Pokemon that can break bulky Grass- and Water-types, such as Mega Manectric, Kyurem, and Nidoking, make for great teammates because as they can get rid of Feraligatr's checks so it can for Feraligatr to clean up late-game.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used for extra power, (remove comma) to break through checks like Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Seismitoad. Superpower and Earthquake can OHKO Pokemon such as Mega Manectric, Kyurem, and Empoleon, respectively, but the coverage that Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch provide is generally better. Substitute lets Feraligatr avoid status ailments like burn and paralysis from Pokemon like Rotom-W and Klefki, but if Feraligatr does opt to run it it will lose out on crucial coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water-types**: Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent are three of the best checks to Feraligatr, as they can chew on Ice Punch and Liquidation. However, they have to be wary of a +1 Crunch, which as a +1 Crunch can 2HKO Rotom-W, 3HKO Alomomola, and almost always while almost always OHKOing Jellicent. Primarina and Mega Sharpedo resist Feraligatr's STAB moves and its coverage moves; however, both have to be wary of getting OHKOed by a +2 Liquidation after Stealth Rock damage.

**Faster Pokemon**: (add colon) At +1 Speed, Feraligatr still fails to KO some kill faster Pokemon, which means common Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon and Latias can easily threaten it out with their STAB moves. Other faster Pokemon such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Manectric, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Aerodactyl outspeed a boosted Feraligatr and can all threaten it Feraligatr with their respective STAB moves.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Rotom-W, Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Rotom-C all outspeed an unboosted Feraligatr and threaten it Feraligatr with their STAB moves as they outspeed Feraligatr when unboosted, h. However, they can't switch in on Feraligatr, as they will take massive damage from Liquidation or Crunch, respectively. (it is impossible to tell how this is respective)

**Quagsire**: Quagsire has access to Unaware, which ignores Feraligatr’s boosts, but, (remove comma) Quagsire has to be at full health to properly check Feraligatr, as it takes nearly half from Liquidation.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Amoonguss and Serperior, (remove comma) can easily check Feraligatr, as they can take even a +1 Ice Punch and retaliate with a Giga Drain or Leaf Storm, respectively. Mega Sceptile is another good check, as it can outspeed a +1 Feraligatr.

Last edited:
GP 1/2

[OVERVIEW]

Access to Sheer Force and Life Orb in conjunction with Dragon Dance makes Feraligatr a strong wallbreaker. Thanks to Feraligatr's decent bulk, it can survive some hits from common faster Pokemon such as Mega Beedrill, Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl, and Krookodile to set up a Dragon Dance. It also has a number of useful resistances, which gives it setup opportunities against Pokemon that can't hit it super effectively like Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, and Infernape. Feraligatr threatens a lot of balance archetypes well because of its ability to easily break through their defensive backbone. Unfortunately, Feraligatr sees competition from Pokemon such as Crawdaunt, Primarina, Mega Blastoise; the former two are way more threatening due to their secondary typing, while the last has access to Rapid Spin to support its team. Crawdaunt can also viably use a Z-Move, unlike Feraligatr. A lacking Speed stat means Feraligatr can still get outsped by common Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon and Latias, and it also gets outsped by Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Manectric even when boosted.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Dragon Dance boosts Feraligatr's Attack and Speed stat by one stage, which makes Feraligatr a very threatening sweeper that can easily sweep once its checks are weakened. Liquidation is Feraligatr's best STAB move and gets boosted by Sheer Force. Aqua Jet is an option on Feraligatr, though, as it can ensure the OHKO on Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill when boosted. Ice Punch hits Pokemon such as Mega Altaria, Hydreigon, and Amoonguss, which can tank both Liquidation and Crunch. Crunch is used to hit Water-types that resist both Ice Punch and Liquidation such as Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent; it also gives good neutral coverage.

Set Details
========

A Jolly nature with 252 Speed EVs lets Feraligatr outspeed threats such as Crobat and Krookodile when boosted. However, an Adamant nature lets it inflict much more damage as a whole. Sheer Force in conjunction with Life Orb heavily increases the power of Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch with a 1.69x boost, and Life Orb's recoil is negated on all of Feraligatr's attacks except for Aqua Jet.

Usage Tips
========

Feraligatr doesn't want to be chipped, so avoid unnecessarily bringing it in, on attacks to stay as healthy as possible to set up and sweep late-game. If Feraligatr can be brought in early- to mid-game while preserving as much HP as possible, it's better to fire off an attack and then set up later in the game. Don't try to set up with Feraligatr as long as its checks such as Alomomola, Rotom-W, and Suicune are still healthy, unless this is more beneficial for its team. Try to get Feraligatr in on a free switch in or via a pivot like Rotom-W and Mega Beedril to start setting up or just fire off a powerful attack. Pokemon that can outspeed Feraligatr when boosted such as Mega Beedrill and Mega Sceptile should be removed before trying to set up and sweep with Feraligatr.

Team Options
========

Feraligatr should be used on offensively oriented teams as a late-game cleaner. Dragon-types like Choice Scarf Latias and Mega Altaria can threaten some of Feraligatr's checks like Choice Scarf Hydreigon and bulky Water-types. Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock such as Cobalion, Terrakion, Mamoswine, and Krookodile make for good teammates, as they can also wear down many of Feraligatr's checks through residual damage. Klefki can switch in on many of Feraligatr's checks such as Mega Sceptile, Serperior, and Mega Sharpedo and provides Spikes support to wear down its grounded checks. Pokemon that can break bulky Grass- and Water-types, such as Mega Manectric, Kyurem, and Nidoking, make for great teammates because they can get rid of Feraligatr's checks so it can clean up late-game.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used for extra power to break through checks like Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Seismitoad. Superpower and Earthquake can OHKO Pokemon such as Mega Manectric, Kyurem, and Empoleon, respectively, but the coverage that Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch provide is generally better. Substitute lets Feraligatr avoid status ailments like burn and paralysis from Pokemon like Rotom-W and Klefki, but if Feraligatr does opt to run it it will lose out on crucial coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water-types**: Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent are three of the best checks to Feraligatr, as they can chew on Ice Punch and Liquidation. However, they have to be wary of a +1 Crunch, whichcan 2HKO Rotom-W, 3HKO Alomomola, and almost always OHKO Jellicent. Primarina and Mega Sharpedo resist Feraligatr's STAB moves and its coverage moves; however, both have to be wary of getting OHKOed by a +2 Liquidation after Stealth Rock damage.

**Faster Pokemon**: At +1 Speed, Feraligatr still fails to KO some faster Pokemon, which means common Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon and Latias can easily threaten it out with their STAB moves. Other faster Pokemon such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Manectric, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Aerodactyl outspeed a boosted Feraligatr and can threaten it with their respective STAB moves.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Rotom-W, Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Rotom-C all outspeed an unboosted Feraligatr and threaten it with their STAB moves. However, they can't switch in on Feraligatr, as they will take massive damage from Liquidation or Crunch.

**Quagsire**: Quagsire has access to Unaware, which ignores Feraligatr’s boosts, but Quagsire has to be at full health to properly check Feraligatr, as it takes nearly half from Liquidation.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Amoonguss and Serperior can easily check Feraligatr, as they can take even a +1 Ice Punch and retaliate with a Giga Drain or Leaf Storm, respectively. Mega Sceptile is another good check, as it can outspeed a +1 Feraligatr.
Implemented.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
GP 2/2
add remove comments

[OVERVIEW]

Access to Sheer Force and Life Orb in conjunction with Dragon Dance makes Feraligatr a strong wallbreaker. Thanks to Feraligatr's decent bulk, it can survive some hits from common faster Pokemon such as Mega Beedrill, Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl, and Krookodile to set up a Dragon Dance. It also has a number of useful resistances, which gives it setup opportunities against Pokemon that can't hit it super effectively like Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, and Infernape. Feraligatr threatens a lot of balance archetypes well because of its ability to easily break through their defensive backbone. Unfortunately, Feraligatr sees faces competition from Pokemon such as Crawdaunt, Primarina, and Mega Blastoise; the former two are way more threatening due to their secondary typing, while the last latter has access to Rapid Spin to support its team. Crawdaunt can also viably use a Z-Move, unlike Feraligatr. A lacking Speed stat means Feraligatr can still get outsped by common Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon and Latias, and it also gets outsped by Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Manectric even when boosted at +1.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Dragon Dance boosts Feraligatr's Attack and Speed stat by one stage, which makes Feraligatr it a very threatening sweeper that can easily sweep once its checks are weakened. Liquidation is Feraligatr's best STAB move and gets boosted by Sheer Force. Aqua Jet is an option on Feraligatr, though, as it can ensure the OHKO on Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill when boosted. Ice Punch hits Pokemon such as Mega Altaria, Hydreigon, and Amoonguss, which can tank both Liquidation and Crunch. Crunch is used to hit Water-types that resist both Ice Punch and Liquidation such as Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent; it also gives good neutral coverage.

Set Details
========

A Jolly nature with 252 Speed EVs lets Feraligatr outspeed threats such as Crobat and Krookodile when boosted. However, an Adamant nature lets it inflict much more damage as a whole. Sheer Force in conjunction with Life Orb heavily increases the power of Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch with a 1.69x boost, and Life Orb's recoil is negated on all of Feraligatr's attacks except for Aqua Jet. (why haven't you mentioned attack evs?)

Usage Tips
========

Feraligatr doesn't want to be chipped, so avoid unnecessarily bringing it in, (RC) on attacks to so it can stay as healthy as possible to set up and sweep late-game. If Feraligatr can be brought in early- to mid-game while preserving as much HP as possible, it's better to fire off an attack and then set up later in the game. Don't try to set up with Feraligatr as long as its checks such as Alomomola, Rotom-W, and Suicune are still healthy, unless this is more beneficial for its team. Try to get Feraligatr in on a free switch in or via a pivot like Rotom-W and Mega Beedril to start setting up or just fire off a powerful attack. Pokemon that can outspeed Feraligatr when boosted such as Mega Beedrill and Mega Sceptile should be removed before trying to set up and sweep with Feraligatr.

Team Options
========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used for extra power to break through checks like Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Seismitoad. Superpower and Earthquake can OHKO Pokemon such as Mega Manectric, Kyurem, and Empoleon, respectively, but the coverage that Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch provide is generally better. Substitute lets Feraligatr avoid status ailments like burn and paralysis from Pokemon like Rotom-W and Klefki, but if Feraligatr does opt to run it, (AC) it will lose out on crucial coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water-types**: Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent are three of the best checks to Feraligatr, as they can chew on Ice Punch and Liquidation. However, they have to be wary of a +1 Crunch, which (space) can 2HKO Rotom-W, 3HKO Alomomola, and almost always OHKO Jellicent. Primarina and Mega Sharpedo resist Feraligatr's STAB moves and its coverage moves; however, both have to be wary of getting OHKOed by a +2 Liquidation after Stealth Rock damage.

respectively. Mega Sceptile is another good check as it can outspeed a +1 Feraligatr.

GP 2/2
addremove comments

[OVERVIEW]

Access to Sheer Force and Life Orb in conjunction with Dragon Dance makes Feraligatr a strong wallbreaker. Thanks to Feraligatr's decent bulk, it can survive some hits from common faster Pokemon such as Mega Beedrill, Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl, and Krookodile to set up a Dragon Dance. It also has a number of useful resistances, which gives it setup opportunities against Pokemon that can't hit it super effectively like Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, and Infernape. Feraligatr threatens a lot of balance archetypes well because of its ability to easily break through their defensive backbone. Unfortunately, Feraligatr faces competition from Pokemon such as Crawdaunt, Primarina, and Mega Blastoise; the former two are way more threatening due to their secondary typing, while the latter has access to Rapid Spin to support its team. Crawdaunt can also viably use a Z-Move, unlike Feraligatr. A lacking Speed stat means Feraligatr can still get outsped by common Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon and Latias, and it also gets outsped by Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Manectric even at +1.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Dragon Dance boosts Feraligatr's Attack and Speed stat by one stage, which makes it a threat that can easily sweep once its checks are weakened. Liquidation is Feraligatr's best STAB move and gets boosted by Sheer Force. Aqua Jet is an option on Feraligatr, though, as it can ensure the OHKO on Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill when boosted. Ice Punch hits Pokemon such as Mega Altaria, Hydreigon, and Amoonguss, which can tank both Liquidation and Crunch. Crunch is used to hit Water-types that resist both Ice Punch and Liquidation such as Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent; it also gives good neutral coverage.

Set Details
========

252 Attack EVs allow Feraligatr to hit as hard as possible. A Jolly nature with 252 Speed EVs lets Feraligatr outspeed threats such as Crobat and Krookodile when boosted. However, an Adamant nature lets it inflict much more damage as a whole. Sheer Force in conjunction with Life Orb heavily increases the power of Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch with a 1.69x boost, and Life Orb's recoil is negated on all of Feraligatr's attacks except for Aqua Jet.

Usage Tips
========

Feraligatr doesn't want to be chipped, so avoid unnecessarily bringing it in on attacks so it can stay as healthy as possible to set up and sweep late-game. If Feraligatr can be brought in early- to mid-game while preserving as much HP as possible, it's better to fire off an attack and then set up later in the game. Don't try to set up with Feraligatr as long as its checks such as Alomomola, Rotom-W, and Suicune are still healthy, unless this is more beneficial for its team. Try to get Feraligatr in on a free switch in or via a pivot like Rotom-W and Mega Beedril to set up or just fire off a powerful attack. Pokemon that can outspeed Feraligatr when boosted such as Mega Beedrill and Mega Sceptile should be removed before trying to set up and sweep.

Team Options
========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water-types**: Rotom-W, Alomomola, and Jellicent are three of the best checks to Feraligatr, as they can chew on Ice Punch and Liquidation. However, they have to be wary of a +1 Crunch, which can 2HKO Rotom-W, 3HKO Alomomola, and almost always OHKO Jellicent. Primarina and Mega Sharpedo resist Feraligatr's STAB and coverage moves; however, both have to be wary of getting OHKOed by a +2 Liquidation after Stealth Rock damage.

Implemented:blobuwu:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)