Ferrothorn

Upstart

Copy Cat
where did u get the tm moves for the pokemon from? Also I am pretty sure I read that iron barb is like rough skin

Nuttre can be a perfect synergical teammate of Heatran and Gengar resisting the 17 elemental types, maybe i can do a team with those 3, but something with Aqua-jet for use against Blaziken will also be useful. Now, seeing its individual qualities it is very bulk with a great defensive typing and moves like Stealth Rock, Spikes (but now stalling isn´t so useful like in DPP), Payback (essencial for use agains Shanderaa switch-ins, because otherwise it will be like a nightmare) and good STAB atacks (among other things equally useful like Explosion, Leech Seed, etc), due to its lack of speed, it can really shines in Trick Room teams, now we only have to know what does Iron Barbs to know better its strategical functions.

With the amount of super tough Fire and Fighting types this gen, I'm not so sure it'll be all that viable simply due to its typing. Giving any Pokemon a free Nitro Charge or whatever doesn't seem to be worth it imo.

I like this guy too!

Curserei @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
252 HP/129 Sp. Def/129 Atk
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion/Power Whip/Payback
-Leech Seed/Toxic/Payback

lol what. This might be suicide with all those hyper offense pokes running around, but doesn't Gyro Ball get OMGWTFBBQ level power because you slow down and boost you attack at the same time.. ?

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
HP Fire Magnezone will definitely see a leap in popularity if this becomes common. Nuttre will likely have to use Shed Shell.

Shanderaa with Flash Fire makes an ideal partner since it freely switches in on fire/fighting attacks, allowing you an easy sweep. At the same time, Shadow Tag Shanderaa completely counters any entry hazard laying sets since you're pretty much done after an overheat, seeing as you can't switch in. I'm said this before and I'll say it again: Shanderaa has its weaknesses, but its mass amounts of possibilities leaves a spot for it on any type of team.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Do you guys think Spikes, Stealth Rocks and Leech Seed would all be viable together?

As far as I can tell, we're going to have to rely on Cacturne to get Spikes and Leech Seed, so I doubt it. :C
I've investigated the situation too, given my avatar, and I'm pretty sure you can have any two but not all three.

Cacturne supplies Spikes and Leech Seed, Torterra supplies Stealth Rock and Leech Seed, and the Bug/Rock hermit crab (#557 IIRC) supplies Stealth Rock and Spikes. Nothing I see can give all three.

Oh well. =/

Would you really want all three? By that point it seems like it's doing way too much.

Anyway, there are a lot of Pokemon that can switch in on most of its attacks, but it can hit Pokemon like Shanderaa and Heatran with Thunder Wave as they switch in and cripple them, allowing them to be countered by other Pokemon much easier. Shanderaa will still trap it after all but I think there's a lot of Pokemon it can set up easily on with Shadow Tag and Shed Shell will be useful on this thing anyway since it allows you to escape from Magnezone and you can use Leech Seed to recover some HP.

All 3 is unnecessary, my main concern was no SR/Spikes or SR/Leech Seed, but if that can be taken care of then I guess there's not alot to worry about.

And there are alot of pokemon that can switch into most of it's attacks, yeah, but there's alot that can switch in to Blissey, Vaporeon, Hippowdon and many more as well. The fact that switching in to him after spikes means you could lose 30% of you health and face a potential leech seed means switching in won't always be ideal.

Seems like a case of 4 moveslot syndrome. you'd have to pick just one entry hazard imo.

Nuttre@Aiming Mark
Stealth Rock/Spikes
Thunderwave
Power Whip
Explosion

I think that could work. Explode on the switch with Aiming Mark to hit anything

Aiming Mark was tested and did not actually hit immunities; the intricacies of the item are still being worked out.

Personally, I would go with Power Whip / Iron Head / Thunder Wave / Spikes or Stealth Rock. Nattorei is looking like an excellent dragon check, absorbing Outrage with its high defense, so I'd want it to have some way to hit back.

Aiming Mark was tested and did not actually hit immunities; the intricacies of the item are still being worked out.

Personally, I would go with Power Whip / Iron Head / Thunder Wave / Spikes or Stealth Rock. Nattorei is looking like an excellent dragon check, absorbing Outrage with its high defense, so I'd want it to have some way to hit back.
Oh that's a bummer for spinners then. I'm assuming it's an item version of Mold Breaker.

It looks like fifth gen is becoming more and more promising. Whether in singles or doubles there looks like you can build a lot of synergy around it, though I think a little further research will help to figuring out how to use Nuttre efficiently and perhaps elegantly ;)

Nuttre seems better than Forretress in terms of resistances, not rapid spinning. And FUCK YEAH! We need new spikers like forretress and Gamefreak granted us with this mon. My fav spiker, as well as a counter to many mons. Does he get any grass moves to counter pert?

@AzlanSlayer: It get's Powerwhip, so yeah, swampert be afraid :/

Deck Knight's post from the Rugged Helmet thread (Very interesting!)

I'm thinking Nattorei is the best natural abuser of this with Iron Barbs (Rough Skin clone), far superior defenses, and Leech Seed to heal itself.

*Moves and info and stuff*

As you can see, not only is Nattorei built for abusing Iron Barbs + Rugged Helmet, it also has a means of recovery (two if you want to go with the sketchy Ingrain for some reason). It's Fire and Fighting weaknesses are serious, but otherwise it can safely switch in on almost any contact attack and deal 25% damage. Combined with its other disruptive options (Thunder Wave, Leech Seed) and hazards (Spikes, Stealth Rock) it will be a force to be reckoned with. Incidentely it can get Leech Seed + Spikes from Cacturne, and Leech Seed + Stealth Rock from Torterra, but can't get both hazards and Leech Seed at once.
With Leech Seed, Iron Barb and Rugged Helmet damage, that's 37.5% each turn!

We now know Iron Barbs hurts the opponant when he touches you which makes him even cooler.

Curse/Gyro Ball/Power Whip/Explosion (gyara check)

Spikes/Stealth Rock/Gyro Ball/Explosion (lead)

Shanderaa still rapes him :( love this guy though

ALSO: does anyone have a list of moves that don't make physical contact

We now know Iron Barbs hurts the opponant when he touches you which makes him even cooler.

Curse/Gyro Ball/Power Whip/Explosion (gyara check)

Spikes/Stealth Rock/Gyro Ball/Explosion (lead)

Shanderaa still rapes him :( love this guy though

ALSO: does anyone have a list of moves that don't make physical contact
How about running Power Whip in the Lead set to avoid Damp Swamperts raining on your Explosion parade?

He also gets sword dance and even though hes slow hes bulky as hell and with ingrain to keep him from being fazed i could see a set like
Brave 252HP/4def/252Atk

-SD
-ingrain
-gyroball
-Powerwhip

He also gets sword dance and even though hes slow hes bulky as hell and with ingrain to keep him from being fazed i could see a set like
Brave 252HP/4def/252Atk

-SD
-ingrain
-gyroball
-Powerwhip
You're begging to be walled by Fire types, who completely destroy this set.

I don't he's displacing Forretress anytime soon, but he's definitely going to be a fine pick for a defensive support pokemon. I'm trying to think of a possible sets that could work... Hmmm 4-moveslot syndrome indeed!

A lot of people are overlooking the fact he gets Thunder Wave: Both of his possible stabs are resisted by Fire-types, and he's 4x weak to their STAB. An excellent lure, only to paralyze them and screw them over (I'm looking at you, Blaziken). Fast sweepers who try to exploit his weaknesses are going to need to be careful not to switch into a TWave. And with a respectable 94 attack (For a wall) he packs a bit of a kick with Power Whip. And he has special bulk that Forretress lacks.

If you run Shed Shell to avoid getting trapped by Magnezone and Shanderaa, you can use Ingrain without trapping yourself. Ingrain still isn't particularly good, but it's something worth noting.

If you run Shed Shell to avoid getting trapped by Magnezone and Shanderaa, you can use Ingrain without trapping yourself. Ingrain still isn't particularly good, but it's something worth noting.
Even if you can escape, it's not something you want to have to do on a Swords Dance set. Not when you can be walled so easily.

I realize that you aren't necessarily saying otherwise, just putting it out there.

I can see any moveset containing the following three moves being very annoying.

Thunder Wave
Iron Head
Leech Seed

Basically paraflinch + Leech Seed. Every time you flinch the opponent, you get some health back from Leech Seed. The fourth slot could go to Spikes or Stealth Rock to punish switches (which you'll cause a lot of if you get this working) or Power Whip to hit the Ground-types that are immune to Thunder Wave.

I'm glad I read this because at first (the only thing I knew was typing) I thought this poke was going going to bad, but because of learning of it's moves I see that it's going to be an ok defensive supporter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)