Ferrothorn

Eh, Magnezone and Shanderaa are two things though. And all you need to kill them after they take care of Nattorei is well... a Shanderaa, since Shanderaa will be locked into his Fire attack if it's scarfed, and Magnezone will as well, otherwise he wouldn't outrun Shanderaa anyway. So...

Shanderaa
Burunkeru
Nuttre

Win.

Shanderaa will be very popular though, and I see a rise in Magnezone with the new Dragons and of course, Nuttorei, so I just see Shed Shell as a must have just like before.

something i'd like to try:
-thunder wave
-leech seed
-stealth rock
-gyro ball

moves listed in that order because that's probably the order you're gonna use them if your opponent is seeing natto for the first time:

twave should be your first attack, paralyzing whatever comes in. you can predict a counter to switch in, which would find itself being hit by leech seed. if you're real ballsy, you can predict another switch, this time you'd have set up stealth rock. either that, or natto goes down to a 4x SE fire attack...unless you run a fire resist berry? with those defenses, i think he can pull it off, with the minimum result being one paralyzed poke and one active poke seeded, which would surely lead into an eventual switch...racking SR and spikes damage.

argh. all theorymon, but i swear if i can pull this one off on the sim i am gonna celebrate like hell.

I guess Nuttre should really be sent out after Shanderaa and Magnezone are taken out, the best way I can think of to do that would be running a lure Scizor with something like

Substitute
Pursuit/Night Slash
Superpower
U-Turn

Use Scizor to scout the opponents team. If it turns out they switch in Shanderaa into a U-Turn, switch to something that can take Shanderaa's assault or threaten a kill. If Shanderaa escapes, switch Scizor back in, then after predicting Shanderaa, use Substitute. Afterwards, well, you know what to do. Or just replace Shanderaa with Magnezone. Superpowaaah.

I guess Nuttre should really be sent out after Shanderaa and Magnezone are taken out, the best way I can think of to do that would be running a lure Scizor with something like

Substitute
Pursuit/Night Slash
Superpower
U-Turn

Use Scizor to scout the opponents team. If it turns out they switch in Shanderaa into a U-Turn, switch to something that can take Shanderaa's assault or threaten a kill. If Shanderaa escapes, switch Scizor back in, then after predicting Shanderaa, use Substitute. Afterwards, well, you know what to do. Or just replace Shanderaa with Magnezone. Superpowaaah.
Or use Shed Shell :)

Eh, Magnezone and Shanderaa are two things though. And all you need to kill them after they take care of Nattorei is well... a Shanderaa, since Shanderaa will be locked into his Fire attack if it's scarfed, and Magnezone will as well, otherwise he wouldn't outrun Shanderaa anyway. So...

Shanderaa
Burunkeru
Nuttre

Win.
When two Pokemon with Shadow Tag are facing each other, each one can switch out. So Shanderaa won't be trapping other Shanderaa unless they're lacking Shadow Tag.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really wanted thick fat on this type combo. :( Ah well, even without resistance to Ice Beam, it's still going to screw with Water Types. :)

He's really really cool. Sporting a resistance to water and electric is the cherry on top of getting thunderwave and leech seed [along with the fortress-ish stuff]

I also like the idea of his ability coupled with that item that damages each time you get hit, if it stacks and jazz.

I refuuuse! 25% to any physical attacker is just too good, especially when Gyarados get's Overconfidence!
Oh you're talking about that item, huh? Ahhh that really does make it difficult for me to choose. Ugh I love this gen, there are sooooo many options.

I dunno if someone already has posted these*, but oh well. :v

Cursing Thorns

Sassy/Calm Nature @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
252 HP / 100 Atk / 26 Def / 132 Sp. Def

Curse
Leech Seed
Iron Head/Level Ground/(Explosion)
Power Whip/Seed Bomb

Aaand..

Swords with Thorns

Adamant Nature @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
158 HP / 240 Atk / 112 Sp. Def

Swords Dance(/Claw Sharpen?)
Level Ground/Explosion
Power Whip/Seed Bomb
Iron Head

---

Opinions? :u

Like I said, if your opponent is crazy enough to run HP Fire on their Magnezone in a metagame presumably infested with Garchomp, Latias, Sazanda, Ononokusu, etc, then I guess you take that chance. Scarf will never OHKO you, so you can at least paralyze it, Explode, or set up another layer of hazards.

Then again, Dugtrio traps both Shandera and Magnezone.

Gyro Ball would be a good option on the curse set. The Swords Dance set, I don't think it will work. Nattorei's low speed and that crippling fire weakness pretty much ensures you'll get killed by any fire type that switches in.

I can see any moveset containing the following three moves being very annoying.

Thunder Wave
Iron Head
Leech Seed

Basically paraflinch + Leech Seed. Every time you flinch the opponent, you get some health back from Leech Seed. The fourth slot could go to Spikes or Stealth Rock to punish switches (which you'll cause a lot of if you get this working) or Power Whip to hit the Ground-types that are immune to Thunder Wave.
that looks like it will be an awesome set to use.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Dugtrio looks like a good partner for this thing, revenging Shanderra and Magnezone. The Water/Ghost- Type looks like another good partner, as they have excellent defensive synergy together.

Does anyone else think this thing can be used in Ubers to decent success? It resists Water, Electric, Grass, Dark, Stealth Rock, and Dragon, all common Ubers Attacking types, and is neutral to Ice Beam and is immune to Toxic Spikes. His 116 Sp.Def is good too. I could see a set like this working:

Nattorei @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Sp.Def Careful(or whatever the -Sp.Atk + Sp.Def Nature is)
~Spikes
~Stealth Rock
~Thunder Wave
~Power Whip / Iron Head

Sort-of like a different Forretress?

some sets =

gyro ball, power whip, iron defense, SD/? (careful 200spdef / 200atk / 110atk) + leftovers/chople berry
ehh.... Reminds me of my crawdaunt O-o

SD, thunder wave, power whip, metal claw/iron head (adamant 148hp / 252atk / 110spdef) + chople berry/life orb
-shrug- something I just thought would be cool ;)

I love the typing and design of this mon <3. The fact that it's the only steel that is resistant to both water and electric, is making me extatic. I cant exactly predict what it will be best at, but it does seem to have many options at it's disposal.

Dugtrio looks like a good partner for this thing, revenging Shanderra and Magnezone. The Water/Ghost- Type looks like another good partner, as they have excellent defensive synergy together.

Does anyone else think this thing can be used in Ubers to decent success? It resists Water, Electric, Grass, Dark, Stealth Rock, and Dragon, all common Ubers Attacking types, and is neutral to Ice Beam and is immune to Toxic Spikes. His 116 Sp.Def is good too. I could see a set like this working:

Nattorei @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Sp.Def Careful(or whatever the -Sp.Atk + Sp.Def Nature is)
~Spikes
~Stealth Rock
~Thunder Wave
~Power Whip / Iron Head

Sort-of like a different Forretress?
I'm thinking of something like this for Ubers Nattorei:

Nattorei@Leftovers
Careful; 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD

Spikes
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Power Whip / Iron Head

The EVs hit 352/313/348 defenses backed by an incredible Steel typing. Nattorei is never 2HKOd by Timid ScarfOgre's max power Water Spout in rain, and Rayquaza's Jolly +1 LO Outrage only manages to 2HKO 34.45% of the time factoring Leftovers + SR. In other words, it manages to sponge some of the most powerful attacks in the game and live to tell the tale. Thunder Wave can end Rayquaza's sweep prematurely, while Iron Head takes a more proactive approach. Power Whip is still preferred as it hits Kyogre, Groudon, Palkia, Darkrai, Mewtwo, and Garchomp more powerfully than Iron Head, and discourages Ground-types to switch in hoping to absorb Thunder Wave.

EDIT: It pairs very well with Rayquaza, as the serpent has little difficulty switching into the Fire/Fighting attacks that Nattorei draws, and will appreciate the paralysis and entry hazard support against the likes of ScarfPalkia, extremely defensive Groudon, etc.

Finally! The mine has a forum page! Yeehaw!

Anyway, this is a wall if I've ever seen one. With only Infernape and Speed Boost Blaziken as serious problems, just grab the aformentioned Water/Ghost blob to help it out. So, how about:
Nuttre@Leftovers
Nature:Brave
EVs:@56 Atk.,252 Def.,202 Sp.Def.
-Gyro Ball
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Seed Bomb
-Explosion
It's like Forretress, but with better typing, and no Rapid Spin! Gyro Ball to work off of low base Speed, your respective set-up entry hazard, Grass STAB, and Explosion to get that crucial fatality. Leftovers for HP recovery. EVs for walling...a lot.
Brave to further up Gyro Ball.

Wanna be Forretress? Probably. Only thing differentiating them is this that this guy cannot Spin, Toxic Spike or use Earthquake, as someone said before, Green. Because of this, I'd say this guy will be fun in the UU metagame, if its not sentenced to BL.

Finally! The mine has a forum page! Yeehaw!

Anyway, this is a wall if I've ever seen one. With only Infernape and Speed Boost Blaziken as serious problems, just grab the aformentioned Water/Ghost blob to help it out. So, how about:
Nuttre@Leftovers
Nature:Brave
EVs:@56 Atk.,252 Def.,202 Sp.Def.
-Gyro Ball
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Seed Bomb
-Explosion
It's like Forretress, but with better typing, and no Rapid Spin! Gyro Ball to work off of low base Speed, your respective set-up entry hazard, Grass STAB, and Explosion to get that crucial fatality. Leftovers for HP recovery. EVs for walling...a lot.
Brave to further up Gyro Ball.
I don't understand why you have no HP investment on a wall. You're seriously hurting his defensive capabilities.

Wanna be Forretress? Probably. Only thing differentiating them is this that this guy cannot Spin, Toxic Spike or use Earthquake, as someone said before, Green. Because of this, I'd say this guy will be fun in the UU metagame, if its not sentenced to BL.
Forretress can't take a special hit to save his life. You're vastly underestimating the defensive potential of his typing and stat distribution.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Forretress has crap Sp.Def, even with it maxed. Nuttre can say that he has good Defense, while having solid Sp.Def, and different resists. Unlike Forretress, Nuttre has an actual STAB move (Power Whip) that might dent something. Also, Nuttre's ability outclasses Forretress' by far.

In fact, the only reason I would see to use Forretress is for Rapid Spin or Toxic Spikes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)