Few ideas for setting up a ladder that is competitive.

Just a few things I think would make the ladder more competitive.

1. Set rank max rank difference for matching that cannot be changed, likely this could only work in tiers that are highly populated. Might only work with OU.

2. Minimum rating must be achieved with a team before the name the team is tied to can start ranking up with said team and continue at their current rank.

Together these two can assure that rank sniping with counter teams is not possible, and also ensuring that the team being used is a competitively oriented one.

3. A system that bases rating change for a win/loss on the likelihood that one player would beat the other, so there isn't massive rating changes in matches that take place in the largest ranking deviation possible between the two players in a match. Win % (similar what was used for VGC placements) should also be factored in.

/end pseudo rant

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All of this. I've gotten a bit annoyed when it takes me a half hour to outstall 3 players and have a net gain of +5 to my ratings.

breh

強いだね
If we're on the topic of ladder issues, we might as well throw in the issue of seeing the same opponent twice consecutively.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
The ladder is known to be broken, and I have some fixes planned, and yes, those are among them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)