FiddyStall (Peaked #8)

Hey guys I'm sure almost nobody here has heard of me but perhaps you have played me as my name online is Fiddy. This is my third team to make it into the top 10 but still my least favorite team out of the three. My first team had inconsistent and I didn't bother to make a RMT because I knew it would be banned soon. The second team peaked at #2 but had a kingdra and I was about to submit a RMT but then SS was banned. Now I made this team on Monday and I am coming to you all because I feel something is missing, but I can't find it.

This team did peak at #8 but with two straight loses it dropped down to #15. So without further adu, meet FiddyStall.

Team At A Glance

In-Depth

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP, 252 Attack, 8 Speed
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Overview:

Scizor is my favorite pokemon of all time but this doesn’t mean that I won’t replace it if need be. I have noticed a lot of people have swayed away from a CB Scizor and gone more bulky. However I noticed that I don’t keep Scizor in that long to set up so I kept its famous Choice Band set. Its main job is to add extra damage with U-turn (or KO it like a TTar), revenge kill with Bullet Punch, kill Ferrothorn with Superpower or KO ghosts with pursuit if locked onto a non-fire move. At this job it has done tremendously. Perhaps the only thing I don’t like about it is the fire weakness that it shares with Skarmory which allows a chandelure to easily KO two of my pokemon. With a few layer of spikes and stealth rock it can KO a whole team with bullet punch near the end of the game.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
- Fling
- Earthquake
-Acrobat
-Protect

Overview:

From my experiences this generation I have found fighting types are such a power house that if not prepared for it will wreck an entire team. Gliscor renders every fighting type useless that I can think of and the only one that actually stands somewhat of a chance seems to be breloom. With fighting types gone, skarmbliss can do their jobs with much more ease. It can also cover sandstorm teams and in particular excadrill. If it doesn’t have a special ice or water type attack it can almost be completely walled by this thing. Ever since I first tried it I have fallen in love. The only complaint I have is that it can only toxic one pokemon, but it’s not such a huge problem as two other pokemon on my team learn toxic and the added power in acrobat is extremely useful. It is also a great status absorber which this team needs.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
-Toxic
-Stealth Rock
-Protect
-Wish

Overview:

What strikes one as odd when they first see this blissey is the lack of a damage move. I have found that the damage move is not needed on this team as much as stealth rock. This does make it very taunt weak but flamethrower or ice beam doesn’t do all that much anyways so I usually switch out. Other than this, it is a standard wishbliss and one of the most important pokemon because rendering all special attacks useless, absorbing status with natural cure, toxicating and passing wishes is very very handy. This goes with gliscor very well because of the amazing fighting coverage. Almost any other physical attack is covered by the rest of the team. I have noticed that passing wishes is vital to the condition of my team. Sometimes I wish I could have aromatherapy, but that would get rid of Gliscors poison and if it doesn't have toxic orb anymore, it becomes much less useful.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Overview:​

The usual skarmory set that rounds off the SkarmBliss combo. This things main job is to lay spikes and take physical hits and act as a secondary phazer (quag is first). If need be I switch it in and whirlwind a pokemon away. However, I do feel that Skarmory is the weakest link in the chain and is only good for setting up spikes. But it does have a knack for crushing all physical dragons so I can’t complain too much. Shuffling pokemon around with whirlwind and entry hazards up is fun. It does have great synergy with blissey, and with gliscor taking down fighting and other common threats, and quag taking set up sweepers, skarmbliss has a much easier time on this team.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Overview:

Wow this thing is a bad ass. This thing has the ability to switch into so much and completely ruin the opponents team. I chose a Modest nature because in all past experiences I have seen way to many appearances of a timid chandy using overheat and less than 5% HP would be left so I decided on modest for some extra power. If someone can convince me to run timid again I will do it but I have noticed that it is slower than things that it seems it should be faster than. With blissey passing wishes to this guy he can be extremely hard to take down, too. I do not like pursuiters so that is why I generally save him until after I take, for example, tyranitar down which isn’t that hard if scizor is still around. He can finish off so many pokemon after I lay SR and/or spikes which is why he fits in perfectly with this team as well as pretty much every other stall or balance team.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 216 HP, 108 Def, 184 SpD
- Toxic
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Scald

Overview:

It doesn’t look like much but it’s safe to say that quagsire is the MVP. The only thing it fears seems to be toxic, grass and choiced pokemon which are all covered by other teammates. It completely destroys all set up sweepers that don’t know a grass move. I think that this pokemon is the most underrated in the fifth generation. But I don’t mind because this unawareness of quagsire has won me a few matches (even though it would have taken those poke down anyways, so I still would have probably won. It’s just funny to watch). Like people who think that they can get to +6 while I get to +3 with stockpile, then they end up doing 50 damage and toxic (or burn) is destroying them. It seems to be a victim of critical hits so often, but even still it holds on as my MVP. I would like to thank Siggu for this set. When at +3 with stockpile his defenses reach 582 with 385 HP.

Final Thoughts

Overall I would say this is the third best team that I have build, but unlike the rest, none of these pokemon look like they will be banned anytime soon (except for maybe chandelure) so I want this to be the best team I’ve built. I welcome all criticism. I am willing to change every pokemon if need be. As of now techniloom is the biggest threat if gliscor is down or if his toxic orb hasn't activated yet so it can't absorb the spore. Either that or I pivot from blissey to absorb the spore then switch to chandelure to be immune to a probable mach punch and strike back with overheat. Entry hazards aren’t a huge problem, but still noteworthy. Thunderus is not a favorite to fight either. If scizor is down, Reuniclus is extremely hard to KO. Other than those three things, the team works pretty well.

you say stall but it really isn't stall. blissey and quagsire are stall.
I'll give some advice as I played stall last gen and had a lot of success in wifi battles. Hope I can help =D! Do remember, stall is harder this gen because of that reuniclus, even sigliyph, who can cripple your stalls(reuniclus)/attackers with a burn or toxic from pyscho shift(sygliph). So you'll need something to counter; which is scizor so don't use that as a lead for sure if you see one of those in team preview.
Scizor is fine. The exception to stall. your 1 purely offensive attacker. Nothing needed here. Well, maybe Bug Bite over u-turn as scizor doesn't outspeed most fire types anyways and will be scared off. Plus bug bite falls under technician's boost I believe so it goes to 90 BP.
To make Gliscor stall try this set:
Gliscor @ leftovers
Roost
Stealth Rock/U-Turn(if not on another pokemon choose SR)
Toxic
Earthquake
(can't have poison heal w/ roost sadly, so go for sand veil)

Blissey's turn:
I feel blissey shouldn't have stealth rock just a waste of a moveslot and blissey is usually set up bait for taunters. Which your blissey is. Try replacing stealth rock with flamethrower or ice beam *depending on what your team needs*
Otherwise nice work for wish passing. Totally needed for Mr.Scizor=p

Skarmory should have drill peck over brave bird. I don't like recoil moves as the only attacking move, but the power loss is great so I understand brave bird. Personal preference here.Skamory is fine

Chandelure is interesting on this stall team. An attacker comes in and thinks that they will destroy your wall, then you bring in chandlure to trap them (hopefully they are weak to chandelure, usually are). And shadow tag is illegal at the moment, since it isn't released? Otherwise, I like chandelure totally counters most reuniclus (barring trick room ones that carry shadow ,eeps). SO takes care of your biggest threat=D!

I love Quagsire! And he has an awesome ability this gen. Scald and toxic conflict with each other but do cover steel/fire types, respectively. Maybe try ice beam, as the coverage for dragons would be nice.

HOpe this helps!

You're playing DW and two of your team members are trapped and owned by STdera. Sonce you need the power on Scizor, I advise you to run shed shell on skarmony. Blissey can also be trapped and make a gg to you if it is a sub cm shandy. I guess it could also run shed shell since it already has wish and protect.

Thanks for the rate temporal and I think you are 100% right. Reuniclus can be a huge threat and I forgot to add it to the OP. I should also mention that scizor is not always lead b ecause of wifi, I just put it there because access to U-turn and the fact that ttar can be used as a lead a lot, and scizor directly counters ttar.

I will try bug bite over u-turn, but the reason I use U-turn is so I can get some well needed damage in and switch out so a chandelure or magnezone can't trap me after words. U-turns BP is 70, while bug bites is 90 after technician. 20 BP is a pretty big difference but adding to scizors survivability, I'm not sure if it's worth it. Regardless I will give it a try.

I will try the gliscor set and it does seem like a good idea. Do you suggest I go with the typical gen 4 EV spread? Or more defensive? The only thing I don't like about not having poison heal is that it makes me even more techniloom weak than I already was, and I was pretty weak to that. But I will try it.

For blissey I will try ice beam and flamethrower, but I have a feeling ice beam will be needed more.

I will also try drill peck over brave bird and ice beam over scald. As for quag, though, most dragons are covered by skarmbliss or possibly gliscor/chandelure. I will try shed shell on skarmory, too Gambit.

Thanks both of you so much for the rate :)

Haha no problems. And ya standard 4th gen set. Techniloom is rare but given still out there, no team is totally perfect and can never be. About u-turn on scizor, forgot about shadow taggers..lol sorry=p. Yeah skarmbliss usually cover most dragons but a draco meteor coming off a specs/scarf hydregion is deadly regardless playstyle.....

Just a little update after testing:

-Shed Shell on skarm will be changed
-Ice Beam on Blissey will be changed
-Poison Heal set on gliscor will stay. Despite the other having roost, it wasn't quite the survivability that I prefer. I am going to keep toying around with this because now that ice beam is on blissey, I have no way of setting up SR. I think I am going to have a more defensive set on a non-PH gliscor.
-Scald will stay on quag
-Bug bite will go over U-turn because of reunicles. I still really like U-turn though. This will need more testing too.
-Drill Peck will go over brave bird

After trying the gen 4 set on gliscor I really noticed how much I missed protect. Being able to see what the opponent was planning to do really helps narrow down the decision making process.

I will update the OP in a few hours for these changes.

Well I don't have much to say because there is a lot that could be done but I notice you're Blissey doesn't have Seismic Toss and that kind of just make Blissey a sitting duck I would suggest changing Toxic to Seismic Toss or if you want to switch Seismic Toss with Stealth Rock that would be good as well but you would need to find a place to put Steal Rock at. Also, I would suggest on Gliscor 252 HP 200 Defense and 56 Speed so you are able to out speed adamant Brelooms. Last I think you should make Scizor and SD set because I don't think the Choice Band set works as well as it did last gen.

Well I don't have much to say because there is a lot that could be done but I notice you're Blissey doesn't have Seismic Toss and that kind of just make Blissey a sitting duck I would suggest changing Toxic to Seismic Toss or if you want to switch Seismic Toss with Stealth Rock that would be good as well but you would need to find a place to put Steal Rock at. Also, I would suggest on Gliscor 252 HP 200 Defense and 56 Speed so you are able to out speed adamant Brelooms. Last I think you should make Scizor and SD set because I don't think the Choice Band set works as well as it did last gen.
I already tried SD scizor and it didn't work out as good as cb scizor. The role of scizor on this team is NOT to be sweeping entire teams. I like ice beam on bliss better simply because of gengar. What blissey could counter with seismic toss, he rest of the team could too. I will try those EVs on gliscor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)