1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Fidgit Analysis Workshop

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Fishin, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

The only time where Sludge Bomb is actually useful.

Props for the gimmicky Choice Spec set, ironically enough I was going to fit Fidgit into that role for laughs and surprise last night.
  2. tennisace

tennisace ium's avatar is his butt on my face
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Good point. Still, nobody expects the Spanish Specs Hp Electric Fidgit Inquisition.

Edit: Beat ya to it G_T =D
  3. Fishin

Fishin
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

The one thing I'd say about the specs set is that it could/should really have a support move in one slot (probably the last one); if an opponent figures out what Fidgit is doing (not difficult, seeing as Fidgit will most likely be doing nothing but attacking), Specs Fidgit is pretty easily walled by something like Blissey. Carrying a move like Spikes or Wish would let it provide support and still be doing something useful even if something like Bliss does switch in. A few other choice users do this too (Specs Vaporeon usually carries Wish, and some Scarfers like Chomp or Heatran occasionally use SR), it's not a completely new thing.

(oh, and reminder to self next time I update; the EV's on dual screen set need to be changed)
  4. tennisace

is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

The only thing is, I lose coverage. But since I use it with a Specsmence, it could work.
  5. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

U-turn is an option as well. I use Baton Pass on SpecsVap, its similar.
  6. DDRMaster

DDRMaster

If you put U-Turn on the Choice Specs set you could fool your opponent into thinking you have another set and hit them hard when they switch in again. I did some damage calculations for a choice specs set if anyone is interested in them.
  7. tennisace

Twitter Head

U-turn is an option, but I prefer HP Ice for the coverage. Also, the excess damage will probably tip them off anyways.
  8. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

As much as we don't like it, I think the Spiker set is much more common than the Field Support set. It just fits onto more teams. So you might want to switch their positions.
  9. tennisace

Twitter Head

Aerodactyl shuts down Fidgit with Taunt and Earthquake, and should be added to the counters. Agreeing with Hyra, not many people use the Field Support set.
  10. DDRMaster

DDRMaster

U-Turn won't do any more damage than it would on the other sets.
  11. tennisace

Twitter Head

I meant the other attacks.
  12. Fishin

Fishin
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

You're right, I'll change that. As for the specs set, it's probably ready, but it does need a mention of support moves being a workable option.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)