"Fight till the End" Garganator vs Krusk (UU Warstory)

I always wanted to post some warstory, at least to try it. I had some good matches, but I didn’t feel that any of them were really worth to make warstory. This one isn’t the longest one, but has some interesting ending (in my opinion). Some of you may know me from playing most of times in Ubers tier, but sometimes I also like to play UU. And this warstory is UU one. English isn’t my first language, so I need to sorry some of you for my grammar mistakes. Anyway, let’s go. It's time to show our teams.

Garg's Team:

Krusk's Team:

* Ladder Match
* Sleep Clause
* Freeze Clause
* OHKO Clause
* Evasion Clause
* Species Clause
* Strict Damage Clause

My comments in Blue
The score will be in Green
The battle will be Bolded
The HP Left on each pokemon will be Underlined with Leftovers/Black Sludge factored in. Leftovers, Stealth Rock, Spikes and Life Orb recoil will be omitted.

Krusk sent out Froslass.
garg sent out Uxie.

100%
100%

Pretty standard match-up. Almost every Froslass lead uses at the beginnings of the matches Taunt on slower leads like Uxie. Unfortunately I don’t have any really decent Frossy counter, so I guess it’s time to switch for my best bet in this situation. I have U-Turn, but I didn’t use it. I’m going to explain it later.

garg switched in Porygon2.
Porygon2's Download raised its stats!
Porygon2's special attack was raised.

Froslass used Taunt.

Porygon2 fell for the taunt!

100%
100%

As I expected he used Taunt. My Porygon2 as you see uses Download, which is much more useful in my opinion in UU, as UU lacks really good abilities to Trace. Anyway, I need to weaken that Froslass a bit and finish it with U-Turn to avoid Destiny Bond on one of my pokemon, because I don’t have anything faster then Froslass. So I choose Thunderbolt right now to deal some damage.

Froslass used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Porygon2 used Thunderbolt.
Froslass lost 94% of its health.

90%
6%

Yes, I’m using Life Orb on my Porygon2. With it and download Porygon2 hits surprisingly hard easily 2OHKoing for example Max Hp/Max SpD Steelix with Ice Beam. I’m running 252 HP/156 SpA/100 SpD EVs and this gives me both power and bulk, which is important for a wall like Pory2. Anyway, it’s time to switch on Uxie again.

Krusk switched in Steelix.
garg switched in Uxie.

100%
100%

Ok, that surprised me. I expected that he would just sacrifice Frosslass or try to D-Bond my Porygon2, which would be really troublesome for my strategy. That’s why I switched out from Frossy. I wanted to switch in Uxie, throw Stealth Rock and use U-Turn to avoid Destiny Bond. Anyway, it’s good opportunity to throw some rocks in and use something else. You’ll see what ;).

Uxie used Stealth Rock.
Steelix used Stealth Rock.

100%
100%

As expected both of us put SR on the battlefield. Anyway, now I’m almost sure that he uses standard support Steelix. Some of you right now expect it anyway, but at last I can activate in peace my...

Krusk switched in Mismagius.
Uxie used Trick Room.
Uxie twisted the dimensions!

100%
88%

Exactly ;). I’m running Trick Room team, strategy, which I really enjoy. That Mismagius looks troublesome and I’m really hoping, that he runs Mismagius without Substitute, which is really annoying for my squad. Uxie can handle any hit, so I would like it to just attack me or use Calm Mind. Unfortunately, it was the most annoying version for me...

Uxie used U-turn.
It's not very effective...
Mismagius lost 11% of its health.
garg switched in Cacturne.
Mismagius used Substitute.

76%
52% + Substitute

Oh boy, as I expected he runs SubMagius. The best thing which I can do right now is to break substitute and force it to switch out. I prefer to control situation and eventually finish Mismagius without sub up. Anyway, I’m almost sure that he’ll use Calm Mind, expecting Sucker Punch from Cacturne. I don’t want to take even unboosted HP Fighting, as Cacturne isn’t the bulkiest guy around, so I hope he won’t attack.

Cacturne used Dark Pulse.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Mismagius!
Mismagius's substitute faded!
Mismagius used Calm Mind.
Mismagius's special attack was raised.
Mismagius's special defence was raised.

66%
58%

I don’t think he’ll stay in. Even with Calm Mind, Dark Pulse finish it in one shot anyway with health he has right now. Anyway it’s time to click Dark Pulse again. I won’t risk anything else right now.

Krusk switched in Venusaur.
Venusaur lost 34% of its health.
Cacturne lost 10% of its health.
56%
54%

Cacturne can’t finish Venusaur with anything it has right now, not in one shot. Of course I switch out to avoid probably deadly for it Sludge Bomb. I really hope that he won’t use Sleep Powder. I don’t have any sleep absorber and in that moment of battle I need every single member of my squad. Anyway, I have one solid switch to poison attacks.

garg switched in Camerupt.
Venusaur used Sludge Bomb.

Camerupt lost 19% of its health.

Camerupt was poisoned!

The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Camerupt is hurt by poison!

Camerupt lost 12% of its health.

60%
45% + Poisoned

Awww... Hax God showed up to cripple badly my Camerupt, which is probably the best sweeper in my team. I’m afraid that Camerupt won’t do much in that point. Anyway, it’s the end of Trick Room, but I don’t think that his Venusaur would enjoy STAB Fire attack from my Camerupt. I guess it’s time to try to predict some switch. Earth Power in that point is quite safe, maybe he has Flash Fire pokemon in his team. I hope that prediction will pay off.

And hax god whispered to me, that battle didn’t have any hax yet and he wanted to make it a bit more exciting by poisoning my Camerupt. Oh yeah, thanks a ton dude...

Krusk switched in Slowbro.
Camerupt used Earth Power.
Slowbro lost 66% of its health.

Camerupt is hurt by poison!

Camerupt lost 12% of its health.

45% + Poisoned
22%

Ok, so he has Slowbro in his team. And with Earth Power and Stealth Rock it took quite heavy damage. In this moment it’s quite hard decision. My Camerupt is death fodder right now anyway and he’s going to die in next switch. With –Speed Nature Camerupt is slower then Slowbro so I think he may attack. But on the other hand he has enough health to Recover and handle Earth Power without critical hit from my Camerupt once. And one round is enough for poison do it’s magic. And at second time he’s just faster so he can attack me anyway. Ok, I decided to use my Camerupt as death fodder later. He may have some deadly Band or Specs user, so I think it’s worth a shot to let one of my Trick Room users switch on battlefield for free thanks to Camerupt death.

garg switched in Porygon2

Porygon2's special attack was raised.

Slowbro used Surf.

Porygon2 lost 31% of its health.

37%
28%

So he attacks after all. Oh well, he would kill my Camerupt in one shot anyway and just switch out to Recover later or use it as death fodder taking one precious round of Trick Room later. I think the best thing right now is just to Recover some damage on my Pory2. He’ll attack or just switch out to avoid kill from Thunderbolt. Yes, it’s probably the best shot in this situation. Ok, time to click Recover.

Porygon2 used Recover.
Porygon2 restored 50% of its health.
Slowbro used Surf.
Porygon2 lost 28% of its health.

59%
34%

Oh, he stayed in. And he wants to sacrifice his pokemon. Anyway I prefer to Recover again, because right now I don’t have enough HP points to safely activate Trick Room later. I can just recover and take those Surfs with solid comfort. But on the other hand he may switch out right now. 36% on wall like Slowbro is enough to come in later and slack off damage if necessary. Anyway, Recover again.

Krusk switched in Steelix
Porygon2 used Recover.
Porygon2 restored 43% of its health.

100%
100%

Ok, now it looks good. He switched in Steelix and he probably didn’t notice power which my Porygon2 has. Ok, it’s time to show it up right now, especially with Download boost. It’s time to click Ice Beam to cripple Steel Snake and eventually kill it in two shots.

Porygon2 used Ice Beam
Steelix lost 59% of its health.
Steelix used Gyro Ball.
Porygon2 lost 16% of its health.

74%
47%
As I said it’s clear 2OHKO and I’m sure that my Pory2 dealt minimum damage, as most of times I deal 6x% on Max/Max Steelix. And I’m faster then it, so I don’t need to activate Trick Room. Anyway, I need to admit that I play surprisingly long without help from TR. But under Trick Room Slowbro and Steelix would be troublesome, so I have a good reason to not activate it right now. Anyway it’s time for Ice Beam again.

Krusk switched in Froslass.
Krusk's Froslass fainted.
Porygon2 used Ice Beam.

But there was no target!

74%
DEAD
6-5 Garg
At last first blood taken and his Frossy ends up as death fodder. So I stay in to see what he plans to switch in on my Porygon2.

74%
46%

Oh well, annoying Mismagius again. I hope that it won’t use Substitute again, but I don’t think so. Anyway, it’s time to switch in another quite effective Mismagius check. It’s time for you, sumo boy ;).

garg switched in Hariyama.
Mismagius used Hidden Power.
Hariyama lost 22% of its health.

60%
52%

I’m sure that he expected Cacturne to switch in. Good move from his side, but he didn’t expect another, much bulkier Mismagius check. I’m running Life Orb Guts version, which also works as my status absorber in my team. Some of you may say that Flame Orb is better option, but I guess 80% boost in some situations to his really good 120 base attack sound to smexy to let it go. Anyway, I’m sure he won’t stay in. Time for PayBack and right now Slowbro doesn’t have enough HP points to absorb it, so I think it’s safe to use it effectively right now.
And one thing – you may ask why I didn’t send earlier on Missy my Hariyama ? Reason is simple – if opponents sends in deadly Sucker Punch/Night Slash users like Absol or Honchkrow later Hariyama is my only hope and it needs a lot of HP Points to handle hit from them. I didn’t want to risk Hariyama taking any bad damage earlier.

Krusk switched in Slowbro.
Hariyama used Payback.
It's super effective!
Slowbro lost 28% of its health.
Krusk's Slowbro fainted.
50%
DEAD
6-4 Garg

Ok, it looks good right now. Froslass and Slowbro are dead right now, Steelix is crippled enough for Hariyama to handle it, Mismagius also can’t switch in again as PayBack would deal a shitload damage. Venusaur won’t enjoy PayBack on switch and Earthquake after this, which in UU is usefull even on Hariyama for example for Nidoqueen, Drapion or Spiritomb, which I can’t even seriously touch without it. It looks good, but I hope he won’t switch one of two beasts, which I hate more then hell. Hax God, smile to me, pretty please ? :D

Krusk switched in Honchkrow.

50%
75%

X_x
After all Hax God really loves to play pranks on me ;). Ok, now that’s something that I was afraid as hell. There’s no way that I let Hariyama to stay in as STAB Drill Peck would hurt as hell and he’s the best Sucker Punch absorber right now. Honchkrow and Absol are things, which I really hate as you may see. I’ll need Hariyama later, that’s for sure. And my Trick Room users don’t like taking hits from dark bird. But I guess Uxie can handle hit if necessary. It’s my only hope as Pory2 hates SuperPower, especially without Defence EVs and Claydol hates Dark type attacks even more then Uxie. Ok, Uxie I count on you.

garg switched in Uxie.
Honchkrow used Drill Peck.
Uxie lost 33% of its health.

61%
65%
Ok, Uxie is bulky as hell and it can handle any physical hit from Honchkrow right now. I hope that it doesn’t have Dark Pulse, which would be troublesome right now, but I don’t think so. If it has Night Slash, it’s going to hurt, but I guess Uxie will survive it. Anyway, I need Trick Room right now more then anything else.

Honchkrow used Pursuit.

It's super effective!
Uxie lost 33% of its health.
Uxie used Trick Room.
Uxie twisted the dimensions!
34%
55%
Ok, it’s not bad. His black bird probably doesn’t have Night Slash, as most popular combination is Sucker Punch + Pursuit on it. Anyway, I’ll let my Uxie die right now. He did his job. Thanks buddy, now you may rest in peace.

Honchkrow used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Uxie lost 34% of its health.
garg's Uxie fainted.

DEAD
45%
5-4 Garg
Ok, I lost first member from my team. Now with Trick Room I may control the situation quite well. Steelix may stop some of my sweepers with Explosion, but I guess with 5 members left it won’t hurt that much. Honchkrow is crippled enough to not risk using Stone Edge with Hariyama and easily kill it with Close Combat. I think that he can handle Sucker Punch right now even with taking both Spikes and Stealth Rock. I’m not sure that he’ll survive it, but I guess that stopping Honckrow right now is my priority.

garg switched in Hariyama
Honchkrow used Sucker Punch.
Hariyama lost 28% of its health.
Hariyama used Close Combat.
Honchkrow lost 35% of its health.
Krusk's Honchkrow fainted.
Hariyama's defence was lowered.
Hariyama's special defence was lowered.
Hariyama lost 4% of its health.
garg's Hariyama fainted.

DEAD
DEAD
4-3 Garg

Ok, I stopped Honchkrow, which is a really good news. Sumo boy died with it, but I guess he made his job. Thanks buddy, I’ll remember you.

Krusk switched in Venusaur.
garg switched in Cacturne.
32%
66%
Interesting match up. I guess it’s time to attack right of the bat, as I’ll need Pory2 with more health later to set up Trick Room if neccesary. It’s time to cripple it as much as possible. And the main problem that Cacturne in next switch will be as good as dead with only 6% left or probably dead if it switches on attack, so it’s better to hurt Venusaur as much as possible and let Cacturne to just die.

Venusaur lost 37% of its health.
Venusaur used Energy Ball.

Cacturne lost 31% of its health.

garg's Cacturne fainted.

DEAD
35%
3-3 Draw

Ok, now I can safely switch in Pory2. It’s quite bad that I won’t have download boost, as I’m almost sure that his grass dinosaur run max HP/max SpD EVs. But it’s good as dead anyway and I think he’ll stay in to let Venusaur die.

garg switched in Camerupt.
garg's Camerupt fainted.

Oh boy, misclick. Dumb misclick -_-. But I guess it made that warstory quite different :D. Anyway, it was as good as dead.

35%
DEAD
3-2 Krusk

Camerupt: You idiot...
Garg: Sorry dude x_x. Watch out on Styx River.

Now I can safely switch Porygon2 in and kill that sucker in one shot as Ice Beam deals enough damage to send it to pokemon version of Valhalla ;).

garg switched in Porygon2.
Porygon2's attack was raised.
Porygon2 used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Venusaur lost 35% of its health.
Krusk's Venusaur fainted.

The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

42%
DEAD
2-2 Draw

I forgot that Trick Room rounds end in this round. Not good. And Porygon doesn’t have enough hp to handle Mismagius right now as I don’t think he’ll let his Steelix die from Ice Beam.

42%
46%

As expected he switches in Mismagius. I can’t activate Trick Room as behind substitute he would gain total advantage right now. And after safe Calm Mind behind substitute he would kill Claydol in one shot. I don’t have any choice, I must attack it right now. I know that Trick Room would be safe, but only if he don’t use substitute. And Claydol can’t hurt it in other way then Stone Edge, which has not so sexy 80% accuracy. It’s too risky. Ok buddy, I hope you can kill it one shot. Pory2 has enough power for it.

Mismagius used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!

Porygon2 lost 34% of its health.

Porygon2 used Ice Beam.

Mismagius lost 42% of its health.
Porygon2 lost 6% of its health.
garg's Porygon2 fainted.

DEAD
12%
2-1 Krusk

It survived with 6% left and Leftovers right now gives him 6% more after this. Man, what a shame. With boost it would be dead for sure. I’m not lucky this time. Ok, Claydol is at good health so it can handle one shadow ball. But there’s a problem how much health it’s going to take. It’s going to hurt, that’s for sure.

garg switched in Claydol.

100%
12%

I’m running standard Trick Room Claydol with Trick Room/Explosion/Stone Edge/Earthquake. I hope he can handle two more opponents, but to be honest my situation is really tight. Anyway, it’s time for you Claydol.

Mismagius used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Claydol lost 66% of its health.

Claydol's special defence was lowered.
Claydol used Trick Room.
Claydol twisted the dimensions!

34%
18%

You may ask why the hell I activated Trick Room. I have one reason – shaky accuracy of Stone Edge. If I miss without activated Trick Room, I’m dead for sure. But to be honest it still look bad. Anyway, I don’t want to give up yet. Wish me luck. I’ll need it. I prefer to loose 1-0 then 2-0 ;). And about Steelix – with or without Trick Room it has enough health to survive a hit and finish me off. But it’s time to continue that little story.

Claydol used Stone Edge.
Mismagius lost 21% of its health.
Krusk's Mismagius fainted.
40%
DEAD
1-1 Draw

Ok, guys. It’s 1-1. Anyway, it looks bad as his Steelix isn’t in bad shape right now. Anyway, battle was good and I enjoyed it. Even if I’ll probably loose it.

Krusk switched in Steelix.
40%
50%

Heh, he lost only 3% of health as Steelix is x4 SR resist. Explosion is not an option as his steel typing will take it easily, especially with that much health left. Anyway, it’s time to continue. Maybe something unexpected will surprise me ?

Steelix used Gyro Ball.
Claydol lost 22% of its health.
Claydol used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Steelix lost 38% of its health.
24%
18%

HOLY SHIT...

It doesn’t have Explosion ?! Man, now I’m really mad that I activated that Trick Room, as it outspeeds me right now and it can finish me off. But who would expect that someone uses Steelix without Explosion ? And on Shoddy Battle pokemon, which explodes in 1-1 situation wins the match. Now I hope that he won’t deal enough damage to kill me off.

SUSPENSION...

MORE SUSPENSION...

(OK, THAT’S ENOUGH I GUESS :D)

Steelix used Gyro Ball.

Claydol lost 23% of its health.

Claydol used Earthquake.

It's super effective!

Steelix lost 12% of its health.

Krusk's Steelix fainted.

garg wins!

1%
DEAD
1-0 Garg

Haha, I survived with 1% left :D. I didn’t run damage calculation in the end, which made the end of this battle more exciting for me. Thanks a lot Krusk, I enjoyed this battle till the end, which I won by only 1%. It couldn’t be closer. I hope that you enjoyed my warstory ;). Oh, I almost forgot. It’s time for props and slops.

Props:

- Claydol for taking STAB Shadow Ball like a man and taking after that two Gyro Balls from Steelix. MVP of this match ;).
- Almost no hax in battle. Only 2 haxes, which one wasn’t really important. Really, it’s good to play with almost no haxes around.
- Hariyama for saving my ass from Honchkrow.
- Uxie for activating really important Trick Room and setting up Stealth Rock, when Honckrow switched in to start sweeping rampage.
- Little props for Cacturne stopping Mismagius and weakening Venusaur.
- Pory2 for being surprising sweeper and surviving few important hits.
- Honchkrow for being just annoying.
- Mismagius for forcing me to stay in defence and taking Ice Beam from offensive Pory2
- Venusaur for stopping effectively my Cacturne. I changed my set from SuperPower/Energy Ball/Dark Pulse/Destiny Bond by throwing out Destiny Bond for Toxic (strange, I know, but sometimes it helped. But on the other hand that made this match more exciting without Destiny Bond ;). But I guess it’s time to take D-Bond again.

Slops:

- Camerupt for doing almost nothing.
- For Toxic on Cacturne. I wanted to test it one more time but I guess it was a bad idea after all.
- Steelix with no Explosion ?!
- For not so smexy Sludge Bomb poisoning hax.
- Froslass for throwing only one set of Spikes.
- Slowbro didn’t do anything important in this match.

Ok, I’m done. See you again next time ;). I really appreciate any constructive criticism.

Excellent Warstory, I enjoyed reading it to the very end.

Just occurs to me, wouldn't Assurance not double in power because you are going first in Trick Room (not in the instance in the battle, but when you do have it activated).

I wonder what it would be like if I met you on the ladder. Trick Room v. Trick Room, that might be fun.

Still, a great read, my eyes were glued to the screen. :)

Doesn't Explosion cause you to lose if you blow up your last Pokemon? I don't play Shoddy, so I'm asking, but you lose if you did it in the old Stadium games (though, curiously, it causes a draw in PBR).

Good warstory, but rather unfortunate for Camerupt!:jump:

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's a good change from the warstories that all they do is narrate. Good of you to spill your thoughts to us. A few key predictions does make a match.

Thanks for your comments. I'm really glad that you like it ;).

Though I still don't get why you activated TR at the end ._.
I was afraid of Stone Edge miss and to be honest... I forgot for a second about Steelix, I panicked a bit. But I guess it's not that bad anyway, because the end was quite dramatic ;).

Doesn't Explosion cause you to lose if you blow up your last Pokemon? I don't play Shoddy, so I'm asking, but you lose if you did it in the old Stadium games (though, curiously, it causes a draw in PBR).
Nope, I had many situations 1on1 when I exploded with Camerupt, Golem (I had Golem in Hariyama spot, just for Explosion :D) or Claydol and I always won battle in situation like this. Maybe it's Shoddy glitch, dunno. But it works in that way.

Good warstory, but rather unfortunate for Camerupt!
Most of times Camerupt gets those crucial kills, so I think that's another reason that warstory is a bit different from my normal matches :D.

Just occurs to me, wouldn't Assurance not double in power because you are going first in Trick Room (not in the instance in the battle, but when you do have it activated).
I'm not sure what you mean by Assurance, sorry. And PayBack works like this under Trick, as you are faster. But with health Mismagius had it would kill it anyway.

Really fun match, but it made me never want to use Trick Room ever. Even though you did play very well to win the match, your opponent really was able to easily stall out early Trick Room attempts.

If only Trick Room-Damp Rock existed...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Actually, Camerupt is still faster than neutral Speed nature Slowbro even with a Quiet nature. It's the 0 IV in Speed that really slows it down.

I think there's something to be learned from this: maybe it's not best to run minimum speed on Camerupt. Just be slow enough so that it outruns all the fast Pokemon under Trick Room - easy enough to accomplish with 40 base speed - but fast enough so it can outrun random Slowbros.

It would probably be a pretty good bluff, too. If they think their Slowbro outruns Camerupt because they think their Slowbro is still faster, then they'll leave it in to Surf instead of switching it out to safety (like your opponent did here).

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Nice Warstory, but trick room doesnt improve stone edge accuracy, so I don't understand why you used it.

EDIT: I just noticed, thats blue lights team

I suggest leaving Camerupt slower that Slowbro, otherwise they can own you IN the Trick Room.

Anyway, I thought it was strange that your opponent played so poorly outside of the Trick Room. He seemed to struggle to find good switches, like switching Steelix into P2 and using pitiful attacks when he could've just switched in Froslass and acted from there. And I thought it was strange that his Froslass switched out when it couldve gotten a Destiny Bond or a second layer of Spikes, and then Taunt or D-bond the incoming Uxie making it much harder to set up. I also don't know why the Missy didn't sub, "expecting a Cacturne to come in," because then it would have a sub + dead Cacturne.

And then there were the few misplays you made regarding the timing of Trick Room (don't worry, I do that when I play Trick Room too).

Overall, however, you made some nice predictions and played well, the game was fast-paced and a little different than usual, and the story was definitely entertaining.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As soon as Raikou gets removed I suggest you make that Claydol special (Earth Power/Ice Beam). xD

A few weird plays and rough spots, but an overall good warstory. I hope that if I were to write in my second language it would be as good as this. :)

Nice Warstory, but trick room doesnt improve stone edge accuracy, so I don't understand why you used it.
Probably he forgot about Steelix. If his opponents last pkm would be sth fast, he'd outspeed it with SE.. i think he just forgot that it was Steelix.

I suggest leaving Camerupt slower that Slowbro, otherwise they can own you IN the Trick Room.
I run 0 IVs on Camerupt ;). I thought it was obvious in Trick Room team ;). But next time when I'll use Trick Room in warstories I won't forget about this.

I was almost sure that I lost and just forgot about Steelix. Anyway, it if had Explosion I would lost with or without Trick Room, it wouldn't change a bit (ok, crit hax would save me). That's true -_-.

Even though you did play very well to win the match, your opponent really was able to easily stall out early Trick Room attempts.
That's why in the past I used... 4 explosion users. It was funny to see opponents team to struggle after 1-2 prediction kills and from there exploding/d-bonding everything on site. So I think that for every Trick Room running MINIMUM 2 Explosion users is a must. Stall is too big challange to only depend on Trick Room sweepers attacks.

And thanks again for your comments. I appreciate it ;).

Nope, I had many situations 1on1 when I exploded with Camerupt, Golem (I had Golem in Hariyama spot, just for Explosion :D) or Claydol and I always won battle in situation like this. Maybe it's Shoddy glitch, dunno. But it works in that way.
Yea, it is a Shoddy Glitch. Explosion in-game has something called a "Self-KO Clause"(i think), and it makes you auto-lose for using Explosion on your last Pokemon. Shoddy always deals damage to the opposing pokemon before adding "recoil", so thats why this occurs.

But on to the Warstory.

It was an amazing Battle, with more non-standard pokemon. You used an "original" Porygon 2 set, very well, which is quite impressive imo. I hate Blue Lights team too :P.

Commentary was good, you're Grammar is probably better than mine and English is my first language :/.

Great job!

Wait, is Garganator's team based on Blue Light's, or Krusk's?

I liked the story a lot though, especially since the commentary was much better than what's been going around recently.

I hate Blue Lights team too :P.
I knew it that team looks kinda familiar... Blue Light won that UU Smogon Tour with this team, doesn't he ?

About that Explosion - good to know. I only play on Shoddy, so it's always something new, interesting info.

And as you see, I really try and like to use un-standard sets or pokemon and make it also as competetive as possible.

Wait, is Garganator's team based on Blue Light's, or Krusk's?
I don't think that Trick Room is popular strategy ;). And some people know his team, so I guess they mean Krusk's team.

I loved this, hope you keep writing more Garg
I need to think about new teams for UU and some for Ubers (OU for me is just boring as hell, but maybe I'll back to it). If I'll find something, you may see new warstory soon ;). I like this one, but I guess I need some changes for something new to play.

Great warstory. I especially enjoyed the use of Download Porygon2. Many people harp on about the uselessness of Trace Porygon2 in the new UU but forget completely about its other cool opponent-dependent ability, which it can actually activate quite often despite the appearance of many high special defense Pokemon.

You may ask why the hell I activated Trick Room. I have one reason – shaky accuracy of Stone Edge. If I miss without activated Trick Room, I’m dead for sure.
Actually, you should have used Stone Edge. Either way you were dead if Stone Edge missed. In Trick Room, Steelix outsped you, which meant it got one more hit on you than it would have normally, which might have been significant, especially if it carried something like Crunch or Iron Head over Gyro Ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)