ORAS OU Fight to the Finish!

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Introduction

Hey guys, I'm Team Pokepals, I'm an official Team Rater for OU, and I'm also a moderator in the OU room on PS!. I wanted to make this RMT (which is probably my last one) as a late .5K, and I'm nearing a point where I can retire (unless we get 7th gen or Mega Flygon), so I wanted to give it one last go. I've enjoyed my time on forums since joining a little less than a year ago, and I'm starting to get a bit busier in real life with college classes getting harder and my time playing mons slowly going away. I joined PS! a long time ago, and decided to get into OU after watching a couple of videos made by shofu and aim. I'm also a huge fan of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, particularly the Time/Darkness/Sky series, which is where my username and the ideas for images of this RMT came from. The title comes from the name of the song played when you fight Primal Dialga on top of Temporal Tower, which you can find here. Hope you enjoy :)​

Teambuilding Process

This was the original core I started with. I really love Kyurem-Black, as it's really hard to switch into, and it does really well against Balance teams and fairly well against Stall teams. Mega Manectric struggles with both of those archetypes, but it's able to do really well against HO, which is something Kyurem-Black doesn't do too great against. Kyurem-Black also gets rid of fat grounds and grass types for Mega Manectric, so that made me really wanna go forth with this one.

Neither member of the original core could defeat Clefable, so I decided to add Talonflame, as it's able to really shut it down (which is really fun to do), and it also gave me a stallbreaker, which was great seeing as how stall was the least prepared playstyle to face for the original core.

Sand offense looked really annoying for my team to face, and I decided to add a revenge killer in Azu, since it's able to defeat some mons via Aqua Jet, and more notably check some mons on rain teams like Kingdra. It also gave me something to send in to handle Zard X, as Aqua Jet + Flare Blitz damage would sometimes be enough to take it down, and if not, then Talonflame could finish the job if necessary.

At this point, I felt like I needed something else to help out with Rain, Sand and Keldeo. Luckily Celebi fit the bill, and it gave me a stealth rock user. It also gave me something for speed control and taking scalds/status conditions, which I felt really threatened my team at this point.

I didn't have anything for Mega Diancie nor anything for switching into Latios barring Azumarill (who wouldn't wanna take a Psyshock/Thunderbolt anyways), but I also needed hazard removal for Talonflame, and that's where Skarmory really fit in.​

In Depth Analysis

Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite

Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Volt Switch

Thunderbolt

Overheat

Hidden Power [Ice]

Mega Manectric is a really good offensive mon that threatens most if not all hyper offense teams. It sits at a phenomenal speed tier with 135 speed, only getting outsped by Mega Alakazam, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Beedrill, Mega Sceptile weather abusers (Sand Rush, Swift Swim, Chlorophyll) and various scarfed users. This is the standard moveset, and Overheat is run over Flamethrower for the extra power, and because Manectric can utilize the -2 SpA, and Volt Switch the next turn while the opponent attempts to utilize the special attack drop.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb

Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Hasty Nature
Ice Beam

Earth Power

Fusion Bolt

Roost

Probably my favorite mon to use in OU as it's able to nearly KO everything easily, and it's also able to check electric types like Mega Manectric and Raikou. Kyurem-Black is a fantastic wallbreaker that's able to 1-2HKO a ton of threats, and having perfect coverage along with an ability to bypass abilities makes it extremely difficult to switch into. Steel types + Clefable are the most common switch ins, and luckily Manectric and Talonflame take care of both of those issues for Kyurem-Black. I went with a Hasty nature because Kyurem-Black can be used to check electric (special attacking) mons, and I wanted to retain a higher special defense for that reason.

Talonflame (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
Will-O-Wisp

Taunt

Acrobatics

Roost

One of the best mons in OU that's only ruined by it's 4X Stealth Rock weakness. Talonflame is able to shut down fairy + steel types, and it's also able to burn/cripple any physical threat, which can help out the rest of the team in order to defeat it. Shutting down Clefable was the biggest reason for running it, and being able to revenge kill with priority stab can really help out as well. I went with Acrobatics + no item because this allows Talonflame to absorb Knock Off much easier, most notable being able to avoid the 1HKO from an Adamant Bisharp at +2 with no LO/Black Glasses.

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
Waterfall

Play Rough

Aqua Jet

Knock Off

Azumarill is one of the best mons in OU, and that's because it's able to hit extremely hard, which leaves a few number of actual safe switch ins. It's got really good typing, which allows it to have good coverage, and a good number of key resistances including both of Mega Charizard-X's stabs (Fire and Dragon). The choice band set focuses on Azumarill's ability to hit hard, and maximizes that via the Choice Band. Not much can switch into Azumarill, and the mons that can either die to Kyurem-Black, or lose to Talonflame.

Celebi @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
Giga Drain

Recover

Thunder Wave

Stealth Rock

Celebi is a pretty cool mon, as it's able to check a ton of threats, provide great team support, yet tie for the most weaknesses any mon has. This EV spread helps it check Mega Swampert, Mega Lopunny, along with other threats. I went with Stealth Rock on Celebi as hazard stacking is pretty good atm, and Thunder Wave was run as speed control, or in other words slow things down so they don't sweep or outspeed the rest of my team. It's also the main Keldeo check, and doubles as the status absorber for the team, so Scald burns and Will-O-Wisp from Rotom-Wash won't be so annoying. Too bad shiny Celebi ain't legit, but it's still a winner.

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
Defog

Roost

Iron Head

Spikes

The final member of the team, and a very important one as well. Skarmory helps out a ton with its defensive prowess and type resistances, allowing me to use it as a check for multiple mons like Excadrill and Mega Metagross. Defog was necessary as Talonflame and Kyurem-Black require Stealth Rocks to be off the field in order to avoid dying quickly. I decided to go with Spikes as the last move because the way I wanted this team to work, was be able to use hazards to chip away at my opponent's health so that when I have my wallbreakers (Kyurem-Black and Azumarill) in, my opponent really can't get a safe switch in, as hopefully the hazards will be enough to get the 1-2HKO easily. Whirlwind over Spikes also helps out with opposing Bisharp, and other setup sweepers, so it's nice to run.

Threatlist

- I have no switch ins for Life Orb Kyu-B, since it can just use it's vast movepool to knock out my entire team. However, it can be worn down by priority or, if I get a Thunder Wave off on it with Celebi, I can revenge kill it with Azumarill.
- It outspeeds my entire team and can do massive damage with Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast assuming if it hits on Skarmory. MZam can be taken care of by SpDef Talonflame however.
- I have no switch in to Talonflame, but it can be beaten with Azumarill, Mega Manectric, or Kyurem-Black. These pokemon don't appreciate a burn, or a Flare Blitz though.
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Talonflame (M)
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Spikes

Shoutouts to all my fellow RMT Raters, my fellow OU friends, as well as anyone that likes Pokemon Mystery Dungeon!

AD impish john - my first friend I found on forums, and one of my best friends I'll keep working with
bludz - one of the first people I really started talking to in the OU room, and a really good friend I could almost consider as an older brother
Yagura - I know you're still gone (and I miss you), but you've become one of my best friends on here, and you should hurry back soon :)
Skarmx2 - we've had a lot of good times in the OU room, and we've still got some more good times ahead of us
marct25 - Frozen Marc ffs change your username and remember: YOU GOTTA WANT IT! We've been friends for a long time, and I look forward to facing your squads and your Jirachi that won't stop flinching.
IronBullet - I really like having you as an RMT Leader, you're a cool boss :)
Snowy. - One of the coolest dudes in our skype convo, and you're fun to chat to
Alkov - you da realest fart sucker of em all
Trinitrotoluene - I know you've retired, but I wanted to thank you for introducing me to the RMT forum in order to become a rater, and I hope we can play splatoon one day
DennisEG - you're the real hero!
fran17 - I know you retired too, but I wanted to say thanks for helping out with the RMT Tour a while ago, and wish you the best
Enki - why the hell did you change your avatar? You're a good dude, who's great at writing analysis and I hope we can meet in person one day :)
Mur you're a cool dude, and we've had some fun talks here and there
Sonired - just enough badges to get a shoutout
Nedor - you're a really good dude, and you're probably one if not the most knowledgeable people on here about everything. Also, thanks for helping out with this team!
BlackBloodz - really cool dude, and I hope to be as good as you are at CC1v1
Arcanine is Regal - we've had some fun times in the OU room, and you're also a cool dead hour auth buddy
-Clone- - chill dude, and why do you have a dash before and after your username?
Teremiare - you've been a cool dude ever since you changed your username to go underneath mine :]
FrozenCold - Howdy
BlazeLatias - I remember when you used to be that guy who posted a lot of good cores
littlelucario - you were a good tutee :)
Based Godfish - you're a really good builder, and we gotta build something fun sometime
Eyan - you've got a good dank wank bank ;)

Finally, here's a banner I made myself. I hope you enjoyed :)

Last edited:
When I first looked at your team, I didn't really feel Talonflame or Celebi really meshed with it, feeling that a Ground type + Fighting type would fit better over these two Pokemon. You could try SD Breloom over Celebi, which gives you a check to Kyurem-B, and gives you a stallbreaker to help with that match-up alongside LO Kyurem-B (although Kyurem-B does struggle against Chansey, but it's just so passive I can't see it as a threat...). With that, I would also suggest replacing Talonflame with defensive Lando-T, as you lack SR, and this lets you replace that without having to put SR + Spikes + Defog Skarmory (what is defog + spikes Skarmory, anyway...). Alternatively, Choice Scarf Excadrill would probably fit just as well, but you'd need to replace Spikes on Skarmory with Stealth Rock.

Don't really like Skarmory too much on such an offensive build, but it is your choice, and I do like having a steel type on most teams.
congrats on having a serperior counter
The changes do make you weaker to Keldeo, but Keldeo doesn't switch in very easily.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
With that, I would also suggest replacing Talonflame with defensive Lando-T, as you lack SR
celebi has rocks ;~;

dont really have time to make a nice rate with a lot of info, so im just gonna drop a couple of quick suggestions:

superpower>knock on Azu OR HP Fire>Roost on kyub should prolly be used since ferro is annoying as fuck to KO aside from mane

Stallbreaker tran with like rocks taunt mstorm/blast and epower/toxic or some shit like that could be run over talon to free up a spot on celebi and not put so much pressure on skarm to defog while serving the same uses for your team.

If you drop rocks on bi, you could consider a nasty plot set either offensive or BP so that you have some sort of setup move on the team to put pressure on teams that give you opportunities to set up and have a way of powering up mane so it does better vs bulkier teams.

LO Mie>Skarm is a change to consider since this is a more offensive team and skarm is really passive compared to the rest of the team bar maybe celebi, which hopefully will be running NP now. Also LO mie puts a stupid amount of pressure on opposing offense which is nice since you just dropped talon.

if you dont rly like celebi without rocks, then consider LO Loom>Utility Bi to check opposing kyub better while also checking pert decently well along with azu. It also helps you check lop which is what celebi's only other role was.

I think that's all that comes to mind atm, but ill tell you if i think of anything else.

PS: Make sure you actually respond to my skype messages since ur retiring now lol

Last edited:
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 68 Def / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bolt Strike/U-turn

So Imo deez 3 members over Skarm,Celebi, And Talonflame. Do I h8 doing team r8's? Yes, but since Pokepals is retiring I felt like doing 1. So ur usually talonflame switch in is nothing ._. That's why there is t-tar. Fire blast is to cripple mega scizor and ferrothorn etc. Ferrothorn is on there to take the stuff celebi doesn't like like mega diancie. And Chople berry is for weavile, mega zam, mega gardevoir, etc to then cripple it with t-wave or just make dem eat a bunch of iron heads. Victini is to shit all over Clefable and annoy stall mons. It helps get some volt turn action if u choose to carry u-turn for momentum. Victini also fucks over mega scizor which can be dangerous. It also stops annoying shit from mega slowbro like it using cm/slack off/ etc. Btw yes I know there's no defogger, on most teams do I care about having defoggers. 9/10 times nope ;p

Introduction

Hey guys, I'm Team Pokepals, I'm an official Team Rater for OU, and I'm also a moderator in the OU room on PS!. I wanted to make this RMT (which is probably my last one) as a late .5K, and I'm nearing a point where I can retire (unless we get 7th gen or Mega Flygon), so I wanted to give it one last go. I've enjoyed my time on forums since joining a little less than a year ago, and I'm starting to get a bit busier in real life with college classes getting harder and my time playing mons slowly going away. I joined PS! a long time ago, and decided to get into OU after watching a couple of videos made by shofu and aim. I'm also a huge fan of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, particularly the Time/Darkness/Sky series, which is where my username and the ideas for images of this RMT came from. The title comes from the name of the song played when you fight Primal Dialga on top of Temporal Tower, which you can find here. Hope you enjoy :)​

Teambuilding Process

This was the original core I started with. I really love Kyurem-Black, as it's really hard to switch into, and it does really well against Balance teams and fairly well against Stall teams. Mega Manectric struggles with both of those archetypes, but it's able to do really well against HO, which is something Kyurem-Black doesn't do too great against. Kyurem-Black also gets rid of fat grounds and grass types for Mega Manectric, so that made me really wanna go forth with this one.

Neither member of the original core could defeat Clefable, so I decided to add Talonflame, as it's able to really shut it down (which is really fun to do), and it also gave me a stallbreaker, which was great seeing as how stall was the least prepared playstyle to face for the original core.

Sand offense looked really annoying for my team to face, and I decided to add a revenge killer in Azu, since it's able to defeat some mons via Aqua Jet, and more notably check some mons on rain teams like Kingdra. It also gave me something to send in to handle Zard X, as Aqua Jet + Flare Blitz damage would sometimes be enough to take it down, and if not, then Talonflame could finish the job if necessary.

At this point, I felt like I needed something else to help out with Rain, Sand and Keldeo. Luckily Celebi fit the bill, and it gave me a stealth rock user. It also gave me something for speed control and taking scalds/status conditions, which I felt really threatened my team at this point.

I didn't have anything for Mega Diancie nor anything for switching into Latios barring Azumarill (who wouldn't wanna take a Psyshock/Thunderbolt anyways), but I also needed hazard removal for Talonflame, and that's where Skarmory really fit in.​

In Depth Analysis

Timid Nature
Volt Switch

Thunderbolt

Overheat

Hidden Power [Ice]

Mega Manectric is a really good offensive mon that threatens most if not all hyper offense teams. It sits at a phenomenal speed tier with 135 speed, only getting outsped by Mega Alakazam, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Beedrill, Mega Sceptile weather abusers (Sand Rush, Swift Swim, Chlorophyll) and various scarfed users. This is the standard moveset, and Overheat is run over Flamethrower for the extra power, and because Manectric can utilize the -2 SpA, and Volt Switch the next turn while the opponent attempts to utilize the special attack drop.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb

Hasty Nature
Ice Beam

Earth Power

Fusion Bolt

Roost

Probably my favorite mon to use in OU as it's able to nearly KO everything easily, and it's also able to check electric types like Mega Manectric and Raikou. Kyurem-Black is a fantastic wallbreaker that's able to 1-2HKO a ton of threats, and having perfect coverage along with an ability to bypass abilities makes it extremely difficult to switch into. Steel types + Clefable are the most common switch ins, and luckily Manectric and Talonflame take care of both of those issues for Kyurem-Black. I went with a Hasty nature because Kyurem-Black can be used to check electric (special attacking) mons, and I wanted to retain a higher special defense for that reason.

Talonflame (M)
Careful Nature
Will-O-Wisp

Taunt

Acrobatics

Roost

One of the best mons in OU that's only ruined by it's 4X Stealth Rock weakness. Talonflame is able to shut down fairy + steel types, and it's also able to burn/cripple any physical threat, which can help out the rest of the team in order to defeat it. Shutting down Clefable was the biggest reason for running it, and being able to revenge kill with priority stab can really help out as well. I went with Acrobatics + no item because this allows Talonflame to absorb Knock Off much easier, most notable being able to avoid the 1HKO from an Adamant Bisharp at +2 with no LO/Black Glasses.

Adamant Nature
Waterfall

Play Rough

Aqua Jet

Knock Off

Azumarill is one of the best mons in OU, and that's because it's able to hit extremely hard, which leaves a few number of actual safe switch ins. It's got really good typing, which allows it to have good coverage, and a good number of key resistances including both of Mega Charizard-X's stabs (Fire and Dragon). The choice band set focuses on Azumarill's ability to hit hard, and maximizes that via the Choice Band. Not much can switch into Azumarill, and the mons that can either die to Kyurem-Black, or lose to Talonflame.

Celebi @ Leftovers

Bold Nature
Giga Drain

Recover

Thunder Wave

Stealth Rock

Celebi is a pretty cool mon, as it's able to check a ton of threats, provide great team support, yet tie for the most weaknesses any mon has. This EV spread helps it check Mega Swampert, Mega Lopunny, along with other threats. I went with Stealth Rock on Celebi as hazard stacking is pretty good atm, and Thunder Wave was run as speed control, or in other words slow things down so they don't sweep or outspeed the rest of my team. It's also the main Keldeo check, and doubles as the status absorber for the team, so Scald burns and Will-O-Wisp from Rotom-Wash won't be so annoying. Too bad shiny Celebi ain't legit, but it's still a winner.

Impish Nature
Defog

Roost

Iron Head

Spikes

The final member of the team, and a very important one as well. Skarmory helps out a ton with its defensive prowess and type resistances, allowing me to use it as a check for multiple mons like Excadrill and Mega Metagross. Defog was necessary as Talonflame and Kyurem-Black require Stealth Rocks to be off the field in order to avoid dying quickly. I decided to go with Spikes as the last move because the way I wanted this team to work, was be able to use hazards to chip away at my opponent's health so that when I have my wallbreakers (Kyurem-Black and Azumarill) in, my opponent really can't get a safe switch in, as hopefully the hazards will be enough to get the 1-2HKO easily.

Threatlist

- I have no switch ins for Life Orb Kyu-B, since it can just use it's vast movepool to knock out my entire team. However, it can be worn down by priority or, if I get a Thunder Wave off on it with Celebi, I can revenge kill it with Azumarill.
- It outspeeds my entire team and can do massive damage with Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast assuming if it hits on Skarmory. MZam can be taken care of by SpDef Talonflame however.
- I have no switch in to Talonflame, but it can be beaten with Azumarill, Mega Manectric, or Kyurem-Black. These pokemon don't appreciate a burn, or a Flare Blitz though.
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Talonflame (M)
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Spikes

Shoutouts to all my fellow RMT Raters, my fellow OU friends, as well as anyone that likes Pokemon Mystery Dungeon!

AD impish john - my first friend I found on forums, and one of my best friends I'll keep working with
bludz - one of the first people I really started talking to in the OU room, and a really good friend I could almost consider as an older brother
Yagura - I know you're still gone (and I miss you), but you've become one of my best friends on here, and you should hurry back soon :)
Skarmx2 - we've had a lot of good times in the OU room, and we've still got some more good times ahead of us
marct25 - Frozen Marc ffs change your username and remember: YOU GOTTA WANT IT! We've been friends for a long time, and I look forward to facing your squads and your Jirachi that won't stop flinching.
IronBullet - I really like having you as an RMT Leader, you're a cool boss :)
Snowy. - One of the coolest dudes in our skype convo, and you're fun to chat to
Alkov - you da realest fart sucker of em all
Trinitrotoluene - I know you've retired, but I wanted to thank you for introducing me to the RMT forum in order to become a rater, and I hope we can play splatoon one day
DennisEG - you're the real hero!
fran17 - I know you retired too, but I wanted to say thanks for helping out with the RMT Tour a while ago, and wish you the best
Enki - why the hell did you change your avatar? You're a good dude, who's great at writing analysis and I hope we can meet in person one day :)
Mur you're a cool dude, and we've had some fun talks here and there
Sonired - just enough badges to get a shoutout
Nedor - you're a really good dude, and you're probably one if not the most knowledgeable people on here about everything. Also, thanks for helping out with this team!
BlackBloodz - really cool dude, and I hope to be as good as you are at CC1v1
Arcanine is Regal - we've had some fun times in the OU room, and you're also a cool dead hour auth buddy
-Clone- - chill dude, and why do you have a dash before and after your username?
Teremiare - you've been a cool dude ever since you changed your username to go underneath mine :]
FrozenCold - Howdy
BlazeLatias - I remember when you used to be that guy who posted a lot of good cores
littlelucario - you were a good tutee :)
Based Godfish - you're a really good builder, and we gotta build something fun sometime
Eyan - you've got a good dank wank bank ;)

Finally, here's a banner I made myself. I hope you enjoyed :)

First of all,I'm yo Jazzy!! Wassup dude,you got too busy rn and i am literally crying ;-; but I hope good luck to you and I hope you get less loaded with work or you could work with time management I guess ;) Btw the team is pretty solid , however this team is pretty weak to fire types like air balloon tran and talonflame and you can't really switch azu to both so you got to keep answer for that.One thing you can do I guess, is changing skarmory for scarf excadrill or LO Starmie bcoz Skarmory really is quite passive on this HO. Also, good luck with your future endeavors :)
P.S Hoping to get Mega Flygon 7th gen lol coz i am dying for it too hahaha

Bisharp seems to be a huge problem to this team with rocks up, and skarm is obviously complete set up bait for that. Even the rare lum Bisharp would be a terror for this team to face even without hazards up on your side. I would consider replacing spikes on skarmory for whirlwind or counter on this team.

Hey there bud, sorry for the belated rate, lets get right into it!

Looking at your team, i see a few problems. I really dislike your choice of picking talonflame in the third slot and then putting on a defog skarm (which is also spikes which is a very odd set even though im sure it works out), and i think you can make the team quite a bit more efficient. You put on talonflame to kind of check fairies like clefable and it has the benefit of being better vs stall, but sableye beats your set fully so its not really a solution, and talonflame puts quite a strain on your options with the rest of the team. Instead, i'm going to suggest you use a Scizor > Talonflame. This is also a quite sturdy answer as flamethrower clef is probably only slightly more common than thunderbolt/thunder clef atm (basically I haven't seen it much), and its also very good because you can easily u-turn out of stuff that loves to come in on scizor such as bulky grounds (lando-t, garchomp, hippo) or stuff like heatran or talonflame, and bring in kyurem, which is very great. With a bulky set you can beat mega metagross which is quite a nuisance once skarm is removed (from the team), and it also provides for a solid win-con with SD while also generating a great voltturn core with manec to bring in kyu or my next change to the team, Keldeo.

Scizor is quite good at checking a lot of dragons and fairies along with twave bulky celebi, and really Bisharp seems like quite a big problem to the team. Because of this I suggest Specs Keldeo > Azumarill. It is a very hard hitter like azu that can spread scald burns and really patch up the bish weakness in your team, while also checking scizor in a pinch and performing a bit more solidly vs steels in general. It loves coming in on stuff manec and sciz can voltturn out of and provides a fine breaking core with kyu-b, although it will struggle against full stall type of builds.

Finally the team presented an apparent weakness to zard-x and other set-up sweepers, and lacks a ground or electric immunity, with excadrill being a big nuisance. Hence my final change is Scarf Lando-T > Skarmory. Although you lose spikes you get a very solid revenge killer that can generate a lot of momentum with manectric and scizor to chip away at teams and bring in your heavy hitters.

I really like the way the team synergizes with the celebi which glues the team together quite well. As like most voltturns-esque teams, it leaves itself weak to full stall, so I could easily see a nasty plot/cm > twave on celebi being quite good despite the unusal combination with rocks just because it can provide an out in a pinch to force sableye out and then get rocks, for example, or just guarantee checking stuff like cm cune if desperately needed. I played two test games in a roomtour and the voltturn + breaking core put in quite a bit of work to grab 2 quick w's, but I did get the feeling celebi's twave slot can be optimized, although I don't have much to base it off of it is something worth looking into.

Overall very nice team and a fun one to rate, I think these changes will make the team a bit more efficient and solid without changing it too much hopefully. Nice job bro! :D

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello, nice team, I really like the Presentation ^^
I would say about the team that suffers, as you pointed out yourself even mega zam, kyub and talon, I think Scarf Jirachi> talonflame, there is good in the team, provides u-turn support, beats mega zam and kyub, can beat talon and mega venu with zen headbutt, and then can use healing wish, to return useful in battle kyub, worn down by life orb and the rocks for example, also it takes revenge mega lop.
I also suggest Specs Keldeo> Azumarill, as has already said FlamingVictini helps better against the steel in general as zor, Ferrothorn and check Bisharp, works really well in volturn :)

The last tip,DD Lando-t> Skarmory, I think DD lando-T works well in this team because thanks to volturn can enter safely in the field, also taking advantage of this turn can increase the attack or the speed according to the team who finds himself against, and is also a great switches for zard x

I hope I have helped you ^^
Set:
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

with these suggestions the team should work better :) Have a good day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)