1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Completed Fighting above the Battle Tower-DarkSlay versus Kaxtar. (Reffed by Tortferngatr).

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Tortferngatr, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tortferngatr

    Tortferngatr

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2,618
    A lone figure floats onto a rooftop.

    He waits silently. The lift Drifblim the ref rented floats back to the ground.

    A minute later, another figure appears. He is the challenger to the first figure-and he tosses a scroll containing his demands-and a paper gauntlet, courtesy of the ref.

    Speaking of the ref, he is floating in from the Drifblim now. A Plicowatt is sitting in his hand, before using its antennae like a small battery to power a loudspeaker.

    "Alright, folks-let's get this started. I'm Tortferngatr-and as your ref-here's the order of things."

    "And if all that's settled-" a wave of Drifloon appeared at the behest of Drifblim, ready to work together to carry any falling participants back up to the tower-"let the battle BEGIN!"
  2. DarkSlay

    DarkSlay This Wouldn't Have Happened In Romney's Smogon
    is a CAP Contributor

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1,414
    All right, let's start this crazy thing!

    Go, Willow the Embirch!
    [​IMG]
  3. Kaxtar

    Kaxtar

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2009
    Messages:
    2,103
    Alright, Onyx the Jiheddo/Zwelious is up first.

    [​IMG]
    Zwelious (Jiheddo) [Onyx] (Female)
    Nature: Mild (Special Attack increased by *, Defense lowered by *)
    Ability: Hustle

    Begin with a Thunder Wave. Then, use a Dark Pulse on Embirch. Finish with a Dragon Pulse. If, on the second or third action, Embirch has a Sub up, use Roar to blow it away.

    Thunder Wave~Dark Pulse/Roar~Dragon Pulse/Roar

    Also, what ability are you using DarkSlay? I'm assuming Battle Armor because you can't use sunny day to activate Leaf Guard, but if you could let us know for sure, it would be appreciated.
  4. DarkSlay

    DarkSlay This Wouldn't Have Happened In Romney's Smogon
    is a CAP Contributor

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1,414
    Eh, not the greatest match-up, but we've been in poor situations like this before.

    You're not going to be able to dodge that Thunder Wave, so instead of trying to, fight fire with fire. Start out with a Leech Seed to start draining the life from Zwelious. That will help tank the upcoming hits as well. Next, take in some of the sunlight and use Growth to boost your stats. Then, finish the round with a strong, super effective Hidden Power (Ice, 7)!

    So:

    Leech Seed -> Growth -> Hidden Power

    And yes, it's Battle Armor.
  5. Tortferngatr

    Tortferngatr

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2,618
    After exams, the majority of Pokemon Black, and sheer procrastination...the ref returns.

    Both parties send out their respective Pokemon-DarkSlay sending out Embirch-
    [​IMG]
    DarkSlay's Embirch [Willow, Female]
    Ability: Battle Armor [Innate]
    Nature: Quiet
    HP: 100
    Energy: 100
    Status: Normal
    Boosts: N/A
    Other: N/A
    Atk: **
    Def: **
    SpA: ****(+)
    SpD: **
    Spe: 43 (-)


    -As Kaxtar sends out a stronger-looking Zweilous.

    [​IMG]
    Kaxtar's Zweilous [Onyx, Female]
    Ability: Hustle [can be activated]
    Nature: Mild
    HP: 100
    Energy: 100
    Status: Normal
    Boosts: N/A
    Other: N/A
    Atk: ****
    Def: ** (-)
    SpA: **** (+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 58


    Neither side seems intimidated by the other-the mild Zweilous approaches the battle with a peaceful perspective, as Embirch quietly prepares herself for this stronger foe.

    Zweilous leads off by firing a weak wave of electricity at Embirch. Embirch makes no attempt to defend herself-rather, she responds by firing a small cluster of helicopters from her tiny mortars. The seeds spread, with enough falling on Zweilous that they start to work together-they begin leeching away, slowly rooting their way into Zweilous' hide. [Embirch is 25% paralyzed by Thunder Wave, Zweilous is seeded and the seeds drain 3 HP. No Hp is recovered by Embirch, who is completely healthy.]

    Ignoring the itchy, leeching seeds, Zweilous fires a blast of its darkest thoughts at Embirch. They affect the quiet Embirch deeply, yet she nevetheless absorbs light and moves nutrients to her cannons, powering them up and causing them to slightly grow. The Leech Seeds suddenly spasm, rapidly giving Zweilous a jolt. Embirch gives a slight smile, as a thin green light enters her cannons-the energy the seeds collected. [Embirch successfully ses Growth, Zweilous uses Dark Pulse for 12.5 damage. The seeds bring 3 HP back to Embirch.]

    Upset by the Leech Seeds, Zweilous responds with a pulse of draconic power. Calmly responding, Embirch tries to lift her cannons as they charge up cold, hidden energy-but instead, a quick crackle can be heard as a loose spark comes from her primary firing arm. Pressing it with her other arm, it's clear that it was just a shock from the Thunder Wave-and Embirch smiles again, as Leech Seed brings back some refreshing nutrients. Nevertheless, it does jolt Embirch out of her attack. [Embirch is fully paralyzed this turn. Zweilous uses Dragon Pulse for 13.5 damage. Leech Seed again drains 3 HP.]

    As the quiet battle continues, Embirch turns her head towards DarkSlay, almost as though beckoning him to give orders. Zweilous simply turns one of its heads around, she too awaiting fresh commands from Kaxtar.

    DarkSlay will order next, followed by Kaxtar.

    [​IMG]
    DarkSlay's Embirch [Willow, Female]
    Ability: Battle Armor [Innate]
    Nature: Quiet
    HP: 80
    Energy: 85
    Status: 25% paralysis
    Boosts: +1 Attack and Special Attack
    Other: N/A
    Atk: **
    Def: **
    SpA: ****(+)
    SpD: **
    Spe: 11 (43 (-))



    [​IMG]
    Kaxtar's Zweilous [Onyx, Female]
    Ability: Hustle [can be activated]
    Nature: Mild
    HP: 91
    Energy: 80
    Status: Seeded for 3 more actions.
    Boosts: N/A
    Other: N/A
    Atk: ****
    Def: ** (-)
    SpA: **** (+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 58
  6. Tortferngatr

    Tortferngatr

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2,618
    [​IMG]
    DarkSlay's Embirch [Willow, Female]
    Ability: Battle Armor [Innate]
    Nature: Quiet
    HP: 80
    Energy: 85
    Status: 25% paralysis
    Boosts: +1 Attack and Special Attack
    Other: N/A
    Atk: **
    Def: **
    SpA: ****(+)
    SpD: **
    Spe: 11 (43 (-))



    [​IMG]
    Kaxtar's Zweilous [Onyx, Female]
    Ability: Hustle [can be activated]
    Nature: Mild
    HP: 91
    Energy: 80
    Status: Seeded for 3 more actions.
    Boosts: N/A
    Other: N/A
    Atk: ****
    Def: ** (-)
    SpA: **** (+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 58


    "Having received no orders, Embirch does nothing. As Zweilous has nothing to respond to, he also isn't doing anything.

    Eventually Kaxtar, tired of waiting, whipped out his i-Smogon, before sending the ref a message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)