Monotype Fighting Monotype Team

To start this team has gone through a few different renditions after failing a lot. This is my first post ever on smogon so please let me know if I messed up in this post at all I will correct it. Here is my team

Medicham (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Mega-Medicham is my lead. To get some extra damage out and prevent the other pokemon from going he has fake out. High Jump Kick is an incredibly strong stab move being able to sweep a steel, dark, or ice team. Zen Headbutt is used when predicting a switch in to a ghost type and one shot him. Ice Punch is for flying, ground, and dragon types. Ice punch really helps get ride of some pesky pokemon like gliscor, lamias, latios, Landorous

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Focus Sash Breloom is an awesome surprise against and ice or flying team as I can spore then either KO the sleeping pokemon or slow down the speed of the one switched in with rock tomb and take him out on the next turn. Brelom is also awesome for taking down a boosted pokemon or the last pokemon on the team with out any fear. Mach punch is great for taking out a weak pokemon.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

Infernape's stab Flare Blitz is great for doing damage against all pokemon that aren't resistant. Thunder Punch is fun against flying and water teams. U-turn is good for taking out low hp pokemon and to get Infernape out of battle before he kills himself saving a good Flare Blitz for later. Close Combat is just a good stab move.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Choice Scarf works great with Terrapins high attack and speed stats. It allows him to out speed most other pokemon and hit speedy flying types with a stone edge or speedy electric types with an earthquake. Iron head is for dealing with fairy although I have though about X-scissor for Physic. What's better? Close Combat is a great stab move that can sweep a lot of teams that are weak to fighting.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Lucario is my counter to physic, ghost and fairy. Switch him in off a spore nasty plot and sweep. This usually doesn't work as he is out speeded by many pokemon and is usually killed before he can set up. He is definitely my weakest link on the team.

Pangoro (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Iron Head

Pangoro is a great counter to Sableye and Spiritomb with the Scrappy ability. He is super slow though causing him to get killed before he can get off a hit. He is a great counter to fairy with both iron head and gunk shot. He can also get ride of some good physic and ghost pokemon

Some problems for this team are dragon types because I only have 1 move (ice punch) that is super effective against pure dragon types this is the same with Gliscor and Landorous. Also Sableye and Spiritomb are a problem if they manage to take out pangoro. Ghost and physic types are a huge problem as a have some good counter moves but the pokemon who have them get out speeded and are killed before getting off the killing blow. Skarmory is super annoying as I only have one pokemon that can get ride of hime quickly Infernape and if he dies Skarmory can wreak havoc. Also as mentioned earlier I am a noob at IV's and need some help adjusting what I have.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Hey, cool team! Here's a rate:

You lack a Stealth Rock user and something to prevent Stealth Rock on your side of the field which is important due to Fighting's Hyper Offensive nature and lack of hazard removal. So I suggest you change your Infernape set to a Suicide Lead set to potentially prevent Stealth Rock from going up with Taunt and being able to set up your own.
Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

Hope I helped, good luck with the team!

Hey, nice team. I have a suggestion to add on what Balor said.

As you noted yourself, Lucario is very unreliable and frail. Keldeo, on the other hand, is the best special attacker available on Fighting teams. Its Water-type STAB eases the matchup vs. Ground teams and it pressures Flying teams with its sheer power. Furthermore, it breaks through physical walls such as Hippowdon and Skarmory, that are hard to break through otherwise.
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
good luck!

You lack a Stealth Rock user and something to prevent Stealth Rock on your side of the field which is important due to Fighting's Hyper Offensive nature and lack of hazard removal. So I suggest you change your Infernape set to a Suicide Lead set to potentially prevent Stealth Rock from going up with Taunt and being able to set up your own.
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

Thanks for the help! This really helps Breloom become more effective because he was easily walled by and entry hazards.

Hey, nice team. I have a suggestion to add on what Balor said.

As you noted yourself, Lucario is very unreliable and frail. Keldeo, on the other hand, is the best special attacker available on Fighting teams. Its Water-type STAB eases the matchup vs. Ground teams and it pressures Flying teams with its sheer power. Furthermore, it breaks through physical walls such as Hippowdon and Skarmory, that are hard to break through otherwise.
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
good luck!

Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

Shouldn't Infernape have a physical fire move like flare blitz? He has a higher physical attack stat than special especially with his ev spread

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Since you dont have any real way of beating Diancie since Lucario is special and doesnt carry a priority steel move i would recommend using Bullet Punch -> Ice Punch as it allows the team tovdeal with faster pesky fairy types such as scarfed gardevoir, scarfed tofekiss and mega diancie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)