1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

'Fighting' the Enemy!

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Rosey Oak, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Rosey Oak

Rosey Oak

'Fighting' the Enemy!

Hello Smogonites. This is my first attempt at writing a Warstory so I'm hoping I don't get too many flamers ;-; . This battle is against a mono fighting team -creds to my opponent (CLOZ COMBA) for originality =) , and in case you're wondering why I'm using such a 'lameass team' , it's because I don't particularly agree with the tiering system at the moment, therefore I have chosen to battle for the sheer enjoyment of it, instead of battling competitively. However this is just my opinion, so think of it what you will.

Now, let the battle begin! =3

Rosevee's team:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

CLOZ COMBA's team:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Battle between Rosevee and CLOZ COMBA started!

Tier: Standard OU
    Mode: Singles
    Variation: +15, -17
    Rule: Rated
    Rule: Sleep Clause
    Rule: Species Clause
    Rule: Wifi Battle

Ok so looking at his team, my biggest worry is that my physical wall porygon2 won't be able to fend of his fighting type Pokemon. I decide to lead of my with scarf Megneton, this will allow me to gain the upper hand once I volt Switch out. Additionally if he chooses to lead of with Mienshao, I will be able to OHKO it with thunderbolt.

CLOZ COMBA sent out Infernape!
    Rosevee sent out Magneto (Magneton)!

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 100%

Oh dang, he leads of with Infernape which will be slightly problematic for my team being that most of my Pokemon will either be taken down by CC or Fire Blast. I decide that volt switching out into Monferno is my safest bet here because with the EV spread I'm running, I'm not going to be OHKO'd by Close Combat and with the Sp.def drop if he uses it, I will be able to finish him off with Monferno's Mach Punch. On the other hand Fire Blast will do crappy damage to Monferno (doubt he'll use that though because of lower accuracy) and in the scenario he uses Stealth Rocks, it will be a pain in the arse for Scyther but at least I have Sandshrew to Spin it away if necessary, but anyway I assume he's going to go for the Close Combat.

Turn 1

Magneto used Volt Switch!
    The foe's Infernape lost 63% of its health!
    Rosevee called Magneto back!
    Rosevee sent out Gohan (Monferno)!

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 37%

The foe's Infernape used Close Combat!
    A critical hit! Gohan lost 100% of its health!
    Gohan fainted!
    The foe's Infernape's Defense fell!
    The foe's Infernape's Special Defense fell!
    The foe's Infernape is hurt by its life orb!

Score is 5-6

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 26%

He gets a crit here which isn't too good for me... but hey hax happens, it's part of the game ;P

(With my EV spread I know Monferno can easily Live a Close Combat from Infernape. My plan was to live the switch in damage and then revenge kill Infernape with Mach Punch, but like I said, hax happens, it's Pokemon after all.)

I then weigh out my options. Everything except Magneton will be slower than Infernape and I really don't want any of my other Pokemon to loose valuable HP so Magneton looks like my safest bet here.

Turn 2

CLOZ COMBA called Infernape back!
    CLOZ COMBA sent out Virizion!
    Magneto used Thunderbolt!
    It's not very effective... The foe's Virizion lost 21% of its health!
    The foe's Virizion restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 85%

I thought he would just let his Infernape die, but decides to switch into Virzion instead being that it's resistant and pretty bulky in general and thus allowing him to save his Infernape for later. Actually looking back, I was a bit of a noob here, I should have used volt switch not Thunderbolt *facepalm*

Anyway, I decide to switch into Scyther because with his bulk he can easily handle a Virzion if it lacks Stone Edge.

Turn 3

Rosevee sent out Blade (Scyther)!
    The foe's Virizion used Hidden Power!
    It's super-effective! Blade lost 31% of its health!

[​IMG] 69% VS [​IMG] 91%

We both see that he won't be able to 2KO Scyther, meaning he'll probably switch out. I can now either recover my HP with Roost or use Ariel Ace to weaken or kill the Pokemon that he chooses to switch into. I'm fairly certain that he'll switch to Infernape as a death fodder so I need to Ariel Ace because Infernape is faster than Scyther.

Turn 4

CLOZ COMBA called Virizion back!
    CLOZ COMBA sent out Infernape!
    Blade used Aerial Ace!
    It's super-effective! The foe's Infernape lost 26% of its health!
    The foe's Infernape fainted!

Yes! I killed something! At least it won't be 0-6 xD

Score is 5-5

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 100%

He sends out Terrakion. I know Scyther will be a crucial Pokemon for me to keep in this match so I decide to Switch out into Sandshrew. Looking at the damage Terrakion does to Sandshrew I will then be able to tell if he has Choice Scarf or Band or perhaps he has Life Orb, and then I can decide what to do from there.

Turn 5

Rosevee called Blade back!
    Rosevee sent out Sandy (Sandshrew)!
    The foe's Terrakion used Close Combat!
    Sandy lost 37% of its health!

Ok, so he is definitely running Choice Scarf on Terrakion because Choice band would do more than 50% damage to Sandshrew. I'm unsure whether or not he'll stay in for a 3KO predicting stealth rocks, so I decide to play it safe and go for an Earthquake.

Turn 6

CLOZ COMBA called Terrakion back!
    Sandy used Earthquake!
    It's not very effective... The foe's Virizion lost 17% of its health!

[​IMG] 63% VS [​IMG] 79%

He decides to switch into Virzion, which is going to take that Earthquake like a beast. Of course I need to switch out because I can't afford the beast setting up on me. I switch into Scyther being that he's my safest bet (and I am fairly certain he will be able to live another 2 hits from hidden power.)

Turn 7

Rosevee called Sandy back!
    The foe's Virizion used Calm Mind!
    The foe's Virizion's Special Attack rose!
    The foe's Virizion's Special Defense rose!

[​IMG] 68% VS [​IMG] 79%

Turn 8

CLOZ COMBA called Virizion back!
    CLOZ COMBA sent out Terrakion!
    Blade used Aerial Ace!
    A critical hit! The foe's Terrakion lost 87% of its health!

[​IMG] 68% VS [​IMG] 100%

I get a lame hax here, but maybe it's somewhat payback for the hax on Monferno meh *shrugs*.

Anyway, here I predict that he'll predict that I'm switching into Sandshrew and therefore use Close Combat instead of Stone Edge, so I go for the Roost to gain back some HP since Close Combat is 4 times resistant and therefore will do shitty damage to me.

Turn 9

The foe's Terrakion used Stone Edge!
    The attack of the foe's Terrakion missed!
    Blade used Roost!
    Blade landed on the ground!
    Blade regained health!

Only... he doesn't do what I thought he would do and I end up getting a lucky break here when Stone Edge misses. Now of course I have no choice but to switch out, not wanting to waste my precious Scyther because I'm fairly worried about Virzion being that he can easily take down the majority of my Pokemon. Going into Sandshrew looks like my safest bet here, since I should be able to live another 2 Close Combats.

Turn 10

Rosevee called Blade back!
    Rosevee sent out Sandy (Sandshrew)!

[​IMG] 63% VS [​IMG] 91%

Oh yicks! He predicts my switch into Sandshrew and I'm definitely not liking this match up. I therefore I decide to go back into Scyther which is going to put pressure on him as he no longer has a safe switch in against Ariel Ace. Therefore something is probably going to die, between you and me, I really hope it's Virizion.

Turn 11

Rosevee called Sandy back!
    It's super-effective! Blade lost 34% of its health!

[​IMG] 66% VS [​IMG] 97%

Unless it's a Crit, I can't definitely live another Hidden Power, and able to finish off his Virzion! Or well.. unless he switches but I assume he wants to keep the remainder of his Pokemon fresh as possible.

Turn 12

It's super-effective! Blade lost 34% of its health!
    Blade used Aerial Ace!
    It's super-effective! The foe's Virizion lost 98% of its health!
    The foe's Virizion fainted!

Score is 5-4

Thank God, he let's Virzion die. Out of all this team, Virizion and Terrakion are the one's I'm most worried about. At least that's one of them out of the way.

[​IMG] 32% VS [​IMG] 100%

He decides to go into Meinshao hoping to finish me off with a Fake Out, I'm uncertain whether or not I can live this, but Scyther is just about dead and therefore he is no longer useful for my team, because Lucario can eaily pick him off with Extreme Speed. Scarf Terrakion is faster, and Scarfty running DD set will out run him and with Bulk Up set I wont be able to OHKO anyway. I decide that keeping Scyther in and hoping it lives and wins the speed tie is the best way to go here.

Turn 13

The foe's Mienshao used Fake Out!
    Blade lost 14% of its health!
    The foe's Mienshao is hurt by its life orb!
    Blade flinched!

Phewph. Scyther Lives!! Now hopefully I can win the speed tie..

Turn 14

The foe's Mienshao used Hidden Power!
    It's super-effective! Blade lost 16% of its health!
    Blade fainted!
    The foe's Mienshao is hurt by its life orb!

Score is 4-4

Unforunately for me though, I end up losing the speed tie and thus Scyther dies.

I then decide to go into Magneton for the revenge kill and if he chooses to switch nothing on his team is going to take a Thunderbolt well (except maybe Scarfty if it's running a bulk up set.)

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 80%

Turn 15

Magneto used Thunderbolt!
    The foe's Mienshao lost 80% of its health!
    The foe's Mienshao fainted!
    CLOZ COMBA sent out Terrakion

Score is 4-3

He then goes into Scarf Terrakion knowing that he can outrun and OHKO me. Ok so I need to make a crucial decision here. Should I let Magneton die or switch into a death fodder?

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 12%

After viewing the remaining Pokemon in his team, I think that using Shellos as death fodder is the best descion to make here, seeing as Shellos would easily be set up bait for Lucario and Scrafty =< and I may need Magneton later to revenge kill Lucario.

Turn 16

Rosevee sent out Bubblegum (Shellos-East)!
    Bubblegum lost 68% of its health!
    The foe's Terrakion's Defense fell!
    The foe's Terrakion's Special Defense fell!

[​IMG] 32% VS [​IMG] 12%

It's going to be a clean 2KO but that's to be expected. (Shellos isn't running any Def EVs anyway.)

Turn 17

Bubblegum lost 31% of its health!
    Bubblegum fainted!

Score is 3-3

[​IMG] 62% VS [​IMG] 12%

I go into Sandshrew hoping to finish off Terrakion with an Earthquake.

However he decides to switch because even with a little HP remaining that Terrakion is a deadly threat to my team. (Especially because it outruns my Scarf Magneton.)

Turn 18

CLOZ COMBA sent out Scrafty!
    Sandy used Earthquake!
    The foe's Scrafty lost 28% of its health!

[​IMG] 62% VS [​IMG] 72%

Sandshrew does shitty damage to Scrafty on the switch in, so I assume he's going to use it as set up bait. I decide to attack again not wanting to give away my key move.

Turn 19

The foe's Scrafty used Dragon Dance!
    The foe's Scrafty's Attack rose!
    The foe's Scrafty's Speed rose!
    Sandy used Earthquake!
    The foe's Scrafty lost 31% of its health!

Ok so this is it. I need to make a right play here or I've lost the match...

Hmm Earthquake or Counter? Looking at the previous damage I know he can safely live another Earthquake but maybe he doesn't want to risk further damage. Hmmm tough choice... but looking at his item I know he doesn't run Leftovers so he must be running Life Orb. Therefore I assume he won't want to take additional damage from LO and thus attack. Counter looks like my safest bet here!

Turn 20

The foe's Scrafty used Hi Jump Kick!
    Sandy lost 53% of its health!
    Sandy used Counter!
    The foe's Scrafty lost 39% of its health!
    The foe's Scrafty fainted!

[​IMG]

Score is 3-2

Woooooot! Thankfully everything goes according to plan and Scrafty is a gonner.

[​IMG] 9% VS [​IMG] 12%

He sends in Terrakion and I know Sandshrew is as good as dead now since he doesn't have enough HP to live any more attacks, therefore I'm going to let him die to safely bring in a new Pokemon.

Turn 21

Sandy lost 8% of its health!
    Sandy fainted!

Score is 2-2

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 12%

I decide to go into Porygon2 well because A. I don't have a choice because Magneton will just die lol, and B. I'm fairly certain (contradicting fail here x.x) that it can live a Close Combat from Scarf Terrakion.

Turn 22

CLOZ COMBA sent out Lucario!
    Uber Duck used Discharge!
    The foe's Lucario lost 29% of its health!
    The foe's Lucario was paralyzed!

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 71%

He Switches into Lucarion which I did not expect but I end up getting a Parahax on it from my Discharge.

Hmm right, if I keep Porygon2 in and he decides to attack, then I won't be able to live the next hit from Terrakion too. If I switch into Magneton and he decides to attack I will at least get the sp.def/def drop from Close Combat. Or maybe he won't attack and use SD so that I can just finish him off... lol xD

Turn 23

Rosevee called Uber Duck back!
    Rosevee sent out Magneto (Magneton)!
    The foe's Lucario used Close Combat!
    It's super-effective! Magneto lost 100% of its health!
    Magneto fainted!
    The foe's Lucario's Defense fell!
    The foe's Lucario's Special Defense fell!
    The foe's Lucario is hurt by its life orb!

Score is 1-2

Ok this is it. Will the Sp.def drop be enough to kill Lucario....

Turn 24

CLOZ COMBA called Lucario back!
    CLOZ COMBA sent out Terrakion!
    The foe's Terrakion lost 12% of its health!
    The foe's Terrakion fainted!

Score is 1-1

Joke. He switches out into Terrakion instead because with the special defence drop from Close Combat Lucario might be OHKO'd instead of the possible 2KO it would normally be (at with the remainder of it's HP). Lucario attacking a possible two times (with a stronger attack than Terrkion because of life orb - 424/392 attack), therefore has a greater chance to kill Porygon2.

[​IMG] 100% VS [​IMG] 60%

Turn 25

The foe's Lucario lost 30% of its health!
    The foe's Lucario used Close Combat!
    It's super-effective! Uber Duck lost 75% of its health!
    The foe's Lucario's Defense fell!
    The foe's Lucario's Special Defense fell!

He takes Life Orb damage in addition to the Sp.def drop, which puts Lucario into the clean 2KO range, however likewise my Porygon2 is now running on low HP. It's neck and neck at the moment. It all comes down to this, will I be able to live his Extreme Speed or not....

Turn 26

The foe's Lucario used ExtremeSpeed!
    Uber Duck lost 16% of its health!
    The foe's Lucario lost 10% of its health!
    The foe's Lucario fainted!

Rosevee won the battle!

HELL YEA!! Uber Duck lives!!

GG man. It was a fun match =)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Props:

- To Sandshrew from saving me being swept by DD Scrafty.
    - To Porygon2 for being a godly wall.
    - To my opponent for using a cool Mono Fighting team!

Slops:

- To Monferno and Shellos for just basically dying and doing nothing this match.
    - A bit of hax involved, but hey it's Pokemon.
    - (Loosing Speed Tie.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I picked this battle to write as a Warstory because in my opinion it was a fun/exciting close match. Yes there was a bit of hax involved but I think for the most part it adds character to the Warstory and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I don't expect everyone here to agree with my opinion when it comes to my 'NFE' team and the battle in general, but none the less I hope you guys enjoy reading this =3​
  2. Trainer X

Trainer X

Not bad, really. Luvdisc for the unique pokes and Rainbow Dash. She made the warstory 20% cooler.
  3. Charizard Man

Charizard Man

Alright, this is actually pretty cool... A lot of luck and skill was involved in this matchup, so it kind of had me on the edge of my seat :D
  4. waterwarrior

waterwarrior

You won. Using a Sandslash and Shellos. I can't even begin....

Also, no Fluttershy yay?
  5. Aleva

Aleva

Love your team. Well done!

Nice warstory, although the comments were lacking a little.
  6. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Not bad. Got confused of what tier this was. But uniqueness makes up for the issues

Overall: 9/10

Edit: Um why does my post show a red thumb down? (if I added it it was an accident)
  7. Xephyr

Xephyr

Stupid battle. Horrendous commentary. 90% of the time you merely stated what happened the previous turn. Rule #1 of writing warstories is to NOT do that. Better luck next time.
  8. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

this

have to give credits for the cool mono-fighting though
  9. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Commentary wasnt bad but it was an... interesting first warstory? Loved the Counter Sandslash. And apparently you had the moxie to delve into OU territory w/ no OU pokemon. Nice. 7/10

Hopefully this post is good enough for my first warstory post :P
  10. jessifer

jessifer

Love the unique teams. 8/10
  11. Yamata no Orochi

Yamata no Orochi capes are cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You won with such an odd team, I'll give you that and to your opponent for using Mono-fighting. Your team lacked an OU pokemon, but who cares because you still won. The battle was okay, the commentary could've been better and all. This warstory is decent for it's kind, but you should improve your next warstory if you ever create another one. 6.5/10

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)