Films That Make You Cry

Well, we had a "songs that make you cry" thread, so why not with films?
For me:

Please keep spoilers in HIDE tags!

The Impossible - all the way through
Click - unexpectedly, when Adam Sandler is dying or whatnot
The Orphanage - The twist
The Boy With the Striped Pajamas - Concentration camp
The Place Beyond the Pines - When Gosling is holding the baby
Up - The opening scene
Hancock - don't ask why i don't know ok

I'm certain that there's more films but I can't remember for the love of me what they are.

All of the above, and more.. I'm terrible with names so I can't really name any right now, but a lot of movies make me cry I'm just too damn compassionate for my own good

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
A Walk to Remember.
All the feels. Caught one random day a few years ago in some movie channel.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.

Such a bummer when he didn't even get anything after seeking for so long :'(

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
5 centimeters per second isn't a sob story, or any kind of fantastical tragedy, but rather an incredibly real story about the inability to deal with your feelings and how painful love can be.

It's really something else, like your feelings got tied down to some train tracks and repeatedly crushed by oversized freight cars.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I Am Legend is the only movie that has made me cry in the last 10ish years.

dat doggie

edit: i'm dum ok :c

Last edited:
lol click?

i havent cried at films as in tears coming out since i was a kid, since all those pg movies were experts at making dumb kids like me cry. but recently in the heart tugging aspect,, id go with "before the devil knows you're dead", i felt really bad for charles.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
v for vendetta (valerie scene), battle royale (a lot of it actually), Antigone (also a lot of it), Crash, a lot of other random movies too. if it has a strong catharsis i will probably cry a bit.

Soylent Green (Sinfonia Pastorale by Beethoven). I hope none of us has to face the same situation of the protagonist of this movie, ever.

Last edited:

RODAN

Banned deucer.
place beyond the pines got me on several occasions
charlottes web man fuck
i cried at the end of the first season of digimon when i watched that
up
i cried tears of boredom at tree of life
FUCKING the pianist

fuck

Dunno what's worth crying over in Click, then again it would have been a lot better movie if they axed all the stupid dog humping scenes...

Toy Story 3 is probably the closest one for me in years, though in general I don't cry during movies unless it's tears from laughing too hard at a funny one.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Surprised no one's mentioned the first Pokemon movie. If the ending doesn't make you cry, either there is something wrong with you, or you need to stop watching that movie so many times.

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Little Deiter needs to fly is one of the most tragic documentaries ever. Its about a German pilot during the Vietnam war who crashes and is captured by the vietcong. Tree of Life made me cry, mainly due to it's pure beauty and emotion. Bicycle Thieves always, always gets quite a few tear drops from me. Oh, and Toy Story 3 pulled right on my heart strings. Lastly, and I'm probably gonna get a lot of crap for this, Rocky made me cry a little.

EDIT: Just finished watching Don Hertzfeldt's It's Such a Beautiful Day on Vimeo. that made me cry. A lot.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)