Other Metagames Final Destination, Fox Only, No Items (1v1)

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
Level: 99
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Substitute
- Dive

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Blast Burn
- Ancient Power
- Air Slash
Sure, this isn't a "complete team" by the guidelines, but you can only have 3 Pokemon in 1v1 so w/e

Welcome to my first RMT! This team by no means is special, but it works pretty well on the ladder.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

The main reason I chose Mega-Heracross is because of its ability, Skill Link. This, combined with it's massive 185 attack, makes Heracross a true threat in 1v1. This Pokemon can easily beat all the Arons, Donphans, and Golems in the meta, as well as Dragonite. It also provides a nice counter for Kyurem-B, as it can tank an Outrage before OHKO'ing it with Close Combat.

Azumarill @ Leftovers Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
Level: 99
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Substitute
- Dive

A typical Perish Song set. This Pokemon is meant to be slower than the opponent, so that the opponent faints first by Perish Song. After pulling off a Perish Song turn 1, this mon tries to stall the opponent out. Protect and Substitute are essential for Azumarill, as they block attacks, helping the stall. Dive is a useful move as it take 2 turns to hit, causing the opponent to miss a move. Finally, the level 99 is to beat out the other Azumarills, and Sap Sipper is used to protect it from Grass moves. The only problem that this has is that any move that can 2HKO it can beat it.

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Blast Burn
- Ancient Power
- Air Slash

This is my ace on my team. Most of the moves are self-explanatory: A sun-boosted Blast Burn can OHKO almost every mon, while Solar Beam KO's most of the other Pokemon. Ancient Power is used to beat the other Charizards in the meta, while Air Slash is useful STAB against Dragons, which this mon has a weakness to.

Once again, this is my first RMT, so all opinions are welcome. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey Flying, cool 1v1 team :]. I have a few ideas that could be beneficial for you:
  • First I believe that Swords Dance > Bullet Seed on Heracross is essential for your team as that allows you to beat Counter Coat Blastoise, being able to SD the first turn on a counter and then OHKOing the next turn with a +2 attack.
  • Next I think Sitrus Berry > Leftovers on Azumarill. Sitrus will help you escape the 2HKO range on multiple attacks more immediately and Sitrus also heals more HP than 3 turns of Lefties which is the max amount of turns the battle should be as you are a Perish Song variant
That's all I got for you, hope I could help! Good luck battling :]

Illusio

Bold and Brash
  • First I believe that Swords Dance > Bullet Seed on Heracross is essential for your team as that allows you to beat Counter Coat Blastoise, being able to SD the first turn on a counter and then OHKOing the next turn with a +2 attack.
That's all I got for you, hope I could help! Good luck battling :]
Counter only works on the last hit of a multi-hit move, making counter Blastoise almost useless.

Also, the Blastoise would never get a chance to pull off a counter, as shown by this calc:
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blastoise: 320-380 (106.6 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I do, however, agree with the Sitrus Berry on the Azumarill. Thank you very much for your input!

Derp, forgot about counter mechanics when I wrote that lol, thanks for reminding me haha.

Glad you like the Azumarill suggestion!

Great 1v1 team, the main deciding factor in whether you'll win or lose a 1v1 battle is the matchup you get when you first send in your mon. Your team looks solid but i'd advise changing the charizard to this set

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Blast Burn
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash

The 252 HP and 4 Def EVs allow you to live a host of threats in 1v1 here are some calcs of what this char can live:

Greninja Hydro Cannon: 252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 276-326 (76.6 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Kyurem-B Outrage: 252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 294-346 (81.6 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Mega Gyarados Waterfall: 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 200-236 (55.5 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The problem with your team is that they are hard countered by a single non-mega Garchomp (even without any item).

For Heracross:

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 175-207 (58.1 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 305-365 (85.1 - 101.9%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
And there's no way you can be faster than him, so all you can do is to rely on that 6.3%.

For Charizard Y:

252 Atk Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 540-636 (181.2 - 213.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Even if the Garchomp is Adamant or mega then you move first --
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Dragon Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 248-292 (69.2 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You can't kill him in one move.

For Azumarill:

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Azumarill: 196-232 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
With the Sitrus Berry, yes it survives, but it'll not if Garchomp is mega, not to mention choice band or life orb.

Reactions: Mq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)