FINAL DESTINATION, XxMETA FOR PRO PLAYERS ONLYxX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final frontier of competitive battling. With everything but ONLY THE BEST OF THE BEST allowed, there will be no Luck-Based-Strategies™

In this meta, all the logical conclusions have been drawn.

RULES:
  • ALL POKEMON ARE BANNED. Excluding Xerneas.
  • ALL MOVES ARE BANNED. Excluding outrage.
  • ALL ITEMS ARE BANNED. They're shit gimmicks anyway.
Its just that simple, all down to good old fashioned skill this way.

TOP THREATS:

Fox (Xerneas)
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Brave Nature
- Outrage
With all the tools you could ever need, Fox is the apex of battling. A true test of skill it is to face off with another on truly even footing.

I've personally had great success with this set:

Falco (Xerneas)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Brave Nature
- Outrage
falco is gay as fuk tho its just a clone of fox lmao noob

this set is better:

Sheik (Xerneas)
Brave Nature
- Outrage

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
This meta is completely decided by outrage's duration and confusion mechanics, and therefore becomes a luck-based dice roll. Please lock.

Wow what a gay ass character LMOA this is what the REAL pros use

King Dedede (Xerneas)
Brave Nature
- Outrage
nah, that's just gay, use this:

Meta Knight (Xerneas)
Brave Nature
- Outrage

why is nobody talking about this

Ice Climbers (Xerneas)
Ability: Parental Bond Fairy Aura
Brave Nature
- Outrage

This meta is completely decided by outrage's duration and confusion mechanics, and therefore becomes a luck-based dice roll. Please lock.
no u (Seriously. Xerneas is Fairy-type, so it's immune to Outrage, obviously.)

In actuality, though, the best set is probably something like this:

For Glory (Xerneas)
Brave Nature
- Outrage / Outrage

This set takes advantage of competitive play to the best of Xerneas's ability. The EV spread ensures that it cannot be easily defeated, barring the opponent getting incredibly lucky. And, hell, even then, you'd need to be playing on a really bad stage for Xerneas, and fortunately, Final Destination is not such a stage, so you can easily use counterpicking to ensure that FD is chosen. The moveset is a bit flexible, honestly. Outrage is good and all, being Xerneas's best attack, but there are some characters that will survive it, due to their floatiness, as well as depending on how good the opponent is at teching. So for an alternative, I have Outrage, enabling a very easy kill with a simple F-Smash. Of course, there is a chance of a mirror match coming up, and in that case, you want to be able to use dash-dancing effectively to win speed ties. It's a shame that items are banned though. Xerneas's Final Smash is awesome and I would love to see it in tournament play. Ah well. I understand that it's likely too OP.

One thing to note, though, is that this set is only good in 1v1 matches. In a four-player free-for-all, it starts to lose some effectiveness, so chances are you won't enjoy it as much if you just want to play casually. Still, for competitive play, it's pretty good.

no u (Seriously. Xerneas is Fairy-type, so it's immune to Outrage, obviously.)
For Glory (Xerneas)
Brave Nature
- Outrage / Outrage
This set definitely appears as though it could be a real force to be reckoned with.
I'd suggest running it alongside Xerneas in multi-player battles, as it can switch into Xerneas, Xerneas and Xerneas, tanking their Outrages and outspeeding them for an easy KO with Outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)