Find some holes in this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. First post here on the smogon forums, decided to build a team for sim play, ou. I only gave this about 10 minutes of thought, so i mostly just used the strategy pokedex sets. Advice to make it better is appreciated.

Reuniclus@Leftovers
Magic Guard
Bold
252hp/252def/252sdef
Calm Mind
Recover
Psy(shock/chic)
Focus Blast

First off, these guys are in no particular order seeing as i lack a strong lead, probably the first thing i want to fix. Reuniclus is mostly for the ability, i originally wanted to use magic bounce dual screen xatu but opted for this for the bulk. Fighting res helps.

Gyarados@Lum Berry
Moxie
Jolly
252atk/4def/252spd
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Bounce
Stone Edge

Sweeper.

Gastrodon@Leftovers
Storm Drain
Sassy
252hp/84def/172sdef
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Toxic
Recover

Synergy with gyara and heatran. Poisons, dropped scald so i can hit dragons.

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Relaxed
252hp/88def/168sdef
Spikes
Thunder Wave
Gyro Ball
Power Whip

Wanted a well rounded wall and something that could cripple with t-wave, set up hazards and hit fast pokes with gyro. Whip hits waters.

Heatran@Leftovers
Flash Fire
Timid
252satk/4sdef/252spd
Stealth Rock
Will-O-Wisp
Fire Blast
Earth Power

Takes fire for ferro, grass for gastro, and just about anything for gengar. Stealth rock and burn cripple with a strong fire stab. Earth power helps since gastro doesnt have great attack with eq.

Gengar@Black Sludge
Levitate
Timid
4hp/252satk/252spd
Substitute
Disable
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

I love gengar, he annoys and hits hard. Immune to fighting and ground for heatran and ferro to a lesser extent. Sub/disable is a fun combo.

Id love to give lead xatu a try, but doing that would mean i should swap gyara for a different sweeper which probably make change most of the team.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
sorry but your descriptions are currently lacking. you need a minimum of three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)