XY UU First RMT team (Need help)

Hey, this is my first RMT team. I've made a lot of teams in the past which do well but I've always had trouble with making a team with pokemon that work well with each other, the teams always lack that important synergy.

This team isn't perfect and I'm mainly posting this RMT in hopes you guys could help make it more solid.

Team building:

Funnily enough, I started this with Meloetta, I used AV to try it make it a bulky special attacker.

I then added Gligar as a physical wall, AV Goodra filling a similar role to Meloetta with Metagross and Darmanitan as physical sweepers and Shaymin as a semi bulky special attacker.

Meloetta wasn't doing great in my team and I was missing something that Sableye fills in perfectly for.

The team:

Team analysis:

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Honestly, Sableye is Sableye. It's a great switch it to many special moves, great spin blocker and can chip damage a team like no other. It's a great poke to switch in after a U-turn from Darmanitan. Keeping hazards away extremely useful and with the added will-o-wisp and taunt Sableye works really well with eviolite Gligar to prevent this.

The pokemon who gives Sableye the biggest trouble are Houndoom and Alakazam. Goodra is an easy switch in to Houndoom but with Alakazam it depends on your situation.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Like I mentioned before, Gligar and Sableye complement each other really well. Roost helps keep Gligar alive until their last spinner is dead to ensure rocks stay up and your side is cleared of them. It's amazing defence makes it a great physical wall in it's own right especially for fighting + flying threats.

Metagross @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Metagross is a beast. The aim for most games is to get him into position to sweep. With Weakness Policy and agility it can run through most teams without much problem as long as you take caution to priority moves, most notably, sucker punch.

It is Adamant so I sacrificed a lot of HP for speed to out speed most all scarfed users without a speed boosting nature, especially since after weakness policy has been used, it'll have low HP either way. That being said, Jolly might be a good option with a few more EVs shifted to HP.

I'll add some calc in the future for a more in-depth list of what not to risk getting weakness policy off on but the main pokes to avoid are Darmanitan, Houndoom, Krookodile and a few more. Be sure to calc damage before setting it up.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide

Darmanitan is my 2nd sweeper and more than often not, my lead. It's U-turn switch into, most notably, Sableye, Gligar or Shaymin will give you a great start to a match. Paired with Metagross, they cover a very good type range to be able to sweep a team, most often used as a switch in after Metagross died.

Flare Blitz mixed with Sheer Force bodies pokemon despite sometimes being used against resistant types. I will be experimenting on other Pokemon to fill this roll but for now Darmanitan does a great job.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Tail

AV Goodra. This beast can eat up nearly all special attacks that come it's way, mix that with dragon tail and having hazards up will give perfect conditions for either Metagross or Darmanitan to come clean up.

At the moment, My EVs are set at a very offensive Goodra which I had set up while I still had Meloetta on my team but found that it's defences are so good it just benefits with the great special attack, however I will test a more bulky EV spread since it's attacks are fairly predictable and could lead to just being walled.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Rest

Last but not least we have Shaymin. It's amazing attack and decent defences make it perfect at what it does however predicting your opponent is essential. Shaymin can take out huge threats and is a good pokemon to take out pokemon who set up hazards however saying that, most water / ground won't stay in with a Shaymin out so having psychic and earth power really make it versatile to take out what ever switches in. Rest combined with Natural cure is great to keep it alive with great switch ins like Gligar, Goodra and Sableye to soak up the hits after you've switched out to cure the sleep.

This is probably the most successful team I've built myself and I'd really appreciate any criticisms and advice you could provide. I'm up for taking any suggestions and testing them out. Cheers.

Importable Version:
Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Metagross @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Tail

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Rest

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)