First ASB Team Tournament! (Won by Team jassmashpwn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double posting to bring an important notice to Colossoil users!

Because of the recent revamps, Colossoil no longer learns Torment and Venoshock, but now learns Drill Run as a pre-level 25 move. For those of you who don't advance, this is no big deal since you've probably already fixed it on your profiles and etc. However, for the tournament I have made the appropriate changes (I believe I have anyway, if you notice anything out of the ordinary let me know!). You will not get any MC reimbursement for Torment and Venoshock within the tournament to avoid giving the MC twice.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I won against Kaxtar, which means that the Harbingers get through by the skin of their teeth. Sucks to everyone who voted the other way (i.e. everyone, including me and at least Lou).

UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Stratos

Banned deucer.
there were actually more upsets than non-upsets. of the seven battles this round, only Cruel Britannia and Carnivorous Apples were both favored to win and are moving on.

eat that prediction tourney

Just in case the last two matches finish over the weekend and people are like "OMG WHERE IS THE NEXT ROUND WTF W[PEJWIBOERFERF", I'll be gone for the weekend. Next round will hopefully start next week, next weekend at the latest unless one of the remaining two matches delays things significantly. This means two things:
1) People whose teams have won and have not done so already: CLAIM PRIZES
2) It's not strictly necessary, but it would be nice to know who is and isn't willing to ref again next round. I know some people have become busy with various things, and conversely some people who didn't originally volunteer to ref have since offered themselves as subrefs. If people want to remind me where they stand in regards to reffing I would greatly appreciate it; I don't want to assign a reffing to someone who didn't want to ref this round, and I also don't want to leave a ref out who could have done a splendid job.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
good game to dummy for sure! now it's time to see if i can take down MrcRanger97 (more affectionately known as Ranger)

With King Serperior having defeated Lady Salamence, thus sending the Soldiers of Gaia onto Round 2, the first round of the tournament is COMPLETE. Finally x_x

Now then, the next round will likely be posted this weekend on Saturday or Sunday, while predictions will be posted tonight. In the meantime, everyone who's team has won should claim their prizes in the Tournament Prize Claim thread if they haven't already. If you want to save your prizes for later, that's fine. However, if you have not claimed your prizes before matchups for the second round have been posted, you will NOT be able to use them in the second round! Also, if any teams are worried about the absence of one of their players, they should PM me so that they can take over for the missing player for the next round. I know of a few cases, but if I don't know of it ahead of time and they cross DQ too severely, then I will have no choice but to DQ them.

Team jassmashpwn vs. Order's Requiem
-Singles: smashlloyd20 vs. TheRoyalGuard
-Doubles: Pwnemon vs. MrcRanger97
-Triples: jas61292 vs. Ragnarokalex

The Harbringers vs. The Cookie Crisp Corgis
-Singles: Athenodoros vs. EndQuote
-Doubles: LouisCyphre vs. Orcinus Duo
-Triples: Leethoof vs. TheWolfe

The Star Gazers vs. Cruel Britannia
-Singles: typon77 vs. Alchemator
-Doubles: waterwarrior vs. Objection
-Triples: MrL vs. Dogfish44

Soldiers of Gaia vs. The Carnivorous Apples
-Singles: King Serperior vs. Flamestrike
-Doubles: Complications vs. Its_A_Random
-Triples: Maxim vs. Engineer Pikachu

Stratos

Banned deucer.
-Singles: smashlloyd20 vs. TheRoyalGuard – not only would i obviously pull for smash because he's on my team and fuck yeah, but also i legitimately think smash has a chance - his mons are just better overall
-Doubles: Pwnemon vs. MrcRanger97 – ego
-Triples: jas61292 vs. Ragnarokalex – this is probably the closest of the three matches but I think jas has a slight advantage, and after all he is a gym leader.

-Singles: Athenodoros vs. EndQuote – he's atheno lol
-Doubles: LouisCyphre vs. Orcinus Duo – if you beat zar chances are you'll crush orcinus, not that you're a bad battler bro but it's lou
-Triples: Leethoof vs. TheWolfe – another really close match. I'm pulling for wolfe on this one simply because of the built mons, but leet has a definite shot (coming on irc helps!)

-Singles: typon77 vs. Alchemator – lol
-Doubles: waterwarrior vs. Objection – lol
-Triples: MrL vs. Dogfish44 – maybe wouldn't be such an easy choice if mrl hadn't disappeared off the face of the earth.

-Singles: King Serperior vs. Flamestrike – lol
-Doubles: Complications vs. Its_A_Random – lol
-Triples: Maxim vs. Engineer Pikachu – lol
not in the predictions tourney but fuck underdogs!

Calling it here, four clean sweeps.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Individual match predictions...
smashlloyd20 said:
-Singles: smashlloyd20 vs. TheRoyalGuard - This will not be an easy matchup, but I feel if smash is in the zone, smash will win.
-Doubles: Pwnemon vs. MrcRanger97 - Ranger has an exploitable weakness which Pwnemon can easily exploit.
-Triples: jas61292 vs. Ragnarokalex - Toss up, but I feel that Ralex's experience in Triples will give him the upper hand.

-Singles: Athenodoros vs. EndQuote - Aussie Pride/Endquote's vulnerability to Water can & will allow Atheno to win this comfortably, but do not be surprised if it is a close match...
-Doubles: LouisCyphre vs. Orcinus Duo - Orcinus may give Lou a run for his money with his lineup, but Lou will prove to be too strong in the end...
-Triples: Leethoof vs. TheWolfe - Leethoof's predominately Rock-Type lineup will pose some problems, with Wolfe's lineup having the ability to wreck through it.

-Singles: King Serperior vs. Flamestrike - Flamestrike's more developed lineup should allow him to win, but KS is not to be underestimated.
-Doubles: Complications vs. Its_A_Random - Good Luck.
-Triples: Maxim vs. Engineer Pikachu - Engineer's lineup will cause problems for Maxim.

-Singles: typon77 vs. Alchemator - typon77 is not to be underestimated, but Alch should win with good play.
-Doubles: waterwarrior vs. Objection - Match of the round. This match is one complete tossup.
-Triples: (The user playing for MrL) vs. Dogfish44 - MrL's team is poorly equipped for this team, & Dogfish44 will win easily.
Good luck everyone.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.

We got this.

-Singles: smashlloyd20 vs. TheRoyalGuard I'm going with the one with more experience here, sorry Kevin

-Singles: Athenodoros vs. EndQuote He's Atheno. Need I say much more?
-Doubles: LouisCyphre vs. Orcinus Duo See above.
-Triples: Leethoof vs. TheWolfe Close match, but I think Wolfe can pull through

-Singles: typon77 vs. Alchemator typon, you're a good battler but... it's Alch
-Doubles: waterwarrior vs. Objection I have a feeling I'll lose, but I'll try for a close match
-Triples: MrL vs. Dogfish44 Typon and I suck at Triples, and he's gone

All three of them are just... well, them.

Big thanks to smash for the convenient formatting!

Round 2:

-Singles: smashlloyd20 vs. TheRoyalGuard Ref: waterwarrior
-Doubles: Pwnemon* vs. MrcRanger97 Ref: Its_A_Random
-Triples: jas61292 vs. Ragnarokalex Ref: deadfox081

-Singles: Athenodoros vs. EndQuote Ref: Engineer Pikachu
-Doubles: LouisCyphre vs. Orcinus Duo Ref: AOPSUser
-Triples: Leethoof* vs. TheWolfe Ref: The Wanderer

-Singles: typon77 vs. Alchemator Ref: Maxim
-Doubles: waterwarrior vs. Objection Ref: Dummy007
-Triples: MrL* vs. Dogfish44 Ref: Elevator Music

-Singles: King Serperior vs. Flamestrike Ref: Lou
-Doubles: Complications vs. Its_A_Random Ref: Objection
-Triples: Maxim vs. Engineer Pikachu Ref: Destiny_Warrior

If I gave any ref a match that they weren't interested in reffing, please PM me ASAP! Otherwise, have at it!

EDIT: Users with an asterix will not be available for the entire round and will have their teammates substituting for them. Their Pokemon will still get counters (I decided to change this from the original rules), but the CC will be given to the teammate who posts for them (or split between the teammates if both teammates post; up to the ref to decide how best to split the CC). If there's anyone else in a similar situation, then either you or your teammates should talk to me ASAP; once teams are sent in and the match starts, you are at the mercy of DQ like everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)