First ASB Team Tournament! (Won by Team jassmashpwn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

"I, King Serperior, will do my best and give Flamestrike an honorable battle! My team will also give their commentary.

"I hate all of you!! I will crush your spines!!"

"Just shut up, KS. We'll do what we have to do when we need to."

"If we lose, it is because we haven't trained enough."

"Yea, Just keep saying that. We'll smash everything we face!!"

"RRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!"

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Smash or Jas will be posting in my stead this round, but i'll still be active as long as possible! You're on, ranger!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All

Hey Ho Let's Go

Also, I'm going away on Friday. I should have interwebs most of the time, I might need people to bear with me a bit.

OK, after some discussion on IRC and some prodding from SevenDeadlySins, I've decided to make a change to the DQ rules.

Effective immediately, if a player goes over DQ, any player from their team may post in their stead. If an entire team is unable to post (please don't let this happen ;_;) in a single match, then that match will be a DQ loss for them.

Sincerest apologies to anyone adversely affected by this rule change. This really should have been done at the start of the round, but I was stubborn and didn't change it. Particular apologies to Pwnemon who I forced to sit out the first part of the round for nothing >.>

EDIT: A bit of expanding on the above rule change (which has been edited rather recently): DQ time for players will remain at 2 days. After that the team as a whole gets 3 extra days (so 5 days total from the time of the last post in the thread) to post. If at that point there still hasn't been a post, that match will end in a DQ.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
[BOX]Flamestrike's Last Activity: Jul 17th, 2012 8:52:09 AM (GMT +10)[/BOX]
:/

Looks like someone needs to take the initiative in keeping this thing going in Flamestrike's absence, so...

If anyone is interested in subreffing a 3v3 Singles, please contact me.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I have a question

How could a team in which two out of three members are away still be allowed to battle in this team tournament?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I have a question

How could a team in which two out of three members are away still be allowed to battle in this team tournament?
Because there is no rule saying that such teams plagued by AFK time & whatnot are not allowed to participate... 6.6

Also, just because Flamestrike is AFK, does not give everyone an excuse to be inactive...Some of us are attempting to keep the tourney from plunging into inactivity, so keep to the normal DQ time, & refs who take too long will run the risk of being replaced. Finally, if you (And your team, for that matter) take too long to post in your battle, you can still be disqualified.

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Oh so that includes Atheno I assume

Or is he, like Lou, an exception to rules because his buddies are running the tournament? ;)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Oh so that includes Atheno I assume

Or is he, like Lou, an exception to rules because his buddies are running the tournament? ;)
Lou has a legitimate excuse for his inactivity though, but it does not mean that he will be given special treatment - His team is being given the same treatment as everyone else as far as DQ rules are concerned (Even the Apples). Atheno, idk where he is, but I have sent him a VM.

Besides, last time I checked, it was your turn to post in your battle with "Lou".

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Apologies for the Double Post, but a few things have shown up...

Finally, if you (And your team, for that matter) take too long to post in your battle, you can still be disqualified.
Does not translate to "You have every right to call DQ the moment your opponent exceeds the DQ Time." - If you are going to call DQ, make sure you have been given permission from the authorities to do so, showing proof that you got so. I mean, I do not like the idea of a player calling DQ without permission from authorities. This is a Tournament which has been plagued with inactivity, and...yeah. If you want to call DQ, make sure the authorities know & approve. Thank you.

Ranting aside, and two things:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Apologies for the Double Post, but it has come to my attention that several matches are being plagued by mass inactivity & major slowness. In order to alleviate this & speed things up, I am making a hot-fix.

Old Ruling said:
Effective immediately, if a player goes over DQ, any player from their team may post in their stead. If an entire team is unable to post in a single match, then that match will be a DQ loss for them.
New Ruling said:
Effective immediately, when it is a player's turn to post, anyone from that team may post in that user's stead, irrespective of the initial 2-day player DQ time. If a Team goes over the soft 5-day DQ to post for any given match, have been given several reminders beforehand, & the opponent/referee wishes to call DQ, with permission from authorities, then that match will be a DQ loss for them.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Triple posting with updates...Anyhow...

dogfish44 won this match by DQ.
Leethoof was victorious against TheWolfe 1-0 in this match.

This means...

Team jassmashpwn have won vs. Order's Requiem 3-0.
Team The Harbingers lead vs. Team Cookie Crisp Corgis 1-0.
Team Carnivorous Apples lead vs. Team Soldiers of Gaia 1-0.
Team Cruel Britannia have won vs. Team The Star Gazers 3-0.

The matches still raging are...
Athenodoros vs. EndQuote
LouisCyphre vs. Orcinus Duo
Flamestrike vs. King Serperior
Engineer Pikachu vs. Maxim

Hopefully if things go fast enough (Which they have not... >_>), we may be able to get to Round 3 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)