SM OU First Celebi Offensive

Introduction

Hey guys, this is my first RMT, after reading the guidelines I think I did it right. I wanted to do a Celebi-based team, since this little Pixie has always been the underdog in my past gen's teams, and I'm sure this one won't be the exception.

Teambuilding Process

-Celebi-
As I said, this is the star of the team
-Heatran-

Heatran is the logical choice here, covering almost each other weaknesses and creating the old CeleTran core that had success in old generations
-Scizor-

Next, scizor was an obvious choice, since the team appreciates Pursuit support, while scizor benefits from SR, helping it to revenge kill
-Tapu Koko-

The main reason to have tapu koko is to remove other terrains, since Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu can cripple scizor or stall me with their terrains
-Pelipper-

While drizzle affects heatran main attack, the rain helps Celebi and Scizor with their Fire weakness, gives me inmunity to ground, and forms a FWG core
-Garchomp-

ScarfChomp OS my last addition, serving as a late-game cleaner and a counter to faster threats like greninja and MegaZard Y

The Team

Celebi @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4HP
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
Celebi is the pivot of the team, setting SR and absorving status. Meadow Plate allows it to hit decently hard, specially water and ground types. Psychic is mainly for M-Venusaur and Toxapex,and U-Turn allows me to keep momentum

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt
The other part of the CeleTran Core, has perfect defensive synergy with Celebi. Magma storm is the main attack, hitting hard to even pokemon that ressist it and trapping them. Bloom Doom kills water types that usually switch on Heatran, OHKOing Manaphy, keldeo, Tapu Fini and Pelipper after SR. Earth power is the coverage option here, and Taunt cripple Pokémon who would otherwise set up or recover.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Roost
I choose mega scizor because of it's typing, incredible stats and sweeping ability. The ev's round his bulk, and Pursuit allow me to kill opposing Tapu Lele's who would otherwise sweep my team. Roost keeps it alive in longer matches and U-Turn keeps my momentum on forced switches.

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
Tapu koko removes other terrains and is my best special sweeper due to it's Speed. Thunderbolt with magnet and terrain hits like a truck yo everything not inmune to it. Dazzling Gleam is a good coverage move, but it's not usually that used. U-turn allows me to scout (yes, again) without the risk of being trapped by Marowak-A. Grass knot take care of opposing Gastrodon, wich I've seen a lot lately.

Pelipper @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Bold
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-Turn
Pelipper is my physical wall and slow U-Turn. Drizzle helps me keep Celebi and Scizor a little longer, while crippling opposing M-Zard Y. Scald is the spammable move un the set and the Burn helps Pelipper do his job better, while Hurricane is for opposing Buzzwole. U-Turn allows me to enter safely and Rocky Helmet over Damp rock to punish contact attacks while allowing Heatran hit hard after less turns

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
ScarfChomp revenge kills half of the tier, including both mega Charizard, Latios, opposing Tapus and Metagross-M. Outrage is the stab move, Rock slide and Earthquake have almost perfect coverage, and Fire Blast since the amount of steelt types in the tier.

Conclusion

So I have had quite success with the team, but I feel there's something missing. I know the tier has better grass types, but how many grass types set SR and sponge status?
Feel free to suggest any changes though! Thanks :)

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 148 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Recover

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

hi, so i like this team a lot especially your use of celebi. however, there are some suggestions that could potentially make this team better as it already seems to have decent competitive merit. in this rate i will be providing a second team that retains celebi since it was the basis in which you created your team and i respect that.

>

my first change would be to exchange celebi for serperior. in the role of an attacking grass-types, serperior surpasses all others with it's potential to snowball incredibly fast and break through the opposition fairly quickly if even given the chance to setup. it's higher speed tier is also really useful as it helps you revenge kill pretty threatening Pokemon between the 100 - 110 speed tier which Celebi missed out on. so basically you get a really good sweeper that's great for breaking bulkier teams as well as being a pressing issue against faster teams. what celebi could do that serperior couldn't though was break past opposing venusaur and amoonguss bar av tang which both lose to.
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

since you now lack a stealth rock setter the best course of action would be to make heatran your stealth rock setter, so an according change would be stealth rock > solar beam as bloom doom heatran was pretty redundant considering your team doesn't exactly have too much trouble with tapu fini. i'd also recommend going with a bulkier spread of 128 hp / 128 spa / 252 spe. it does gimp a bit on your power but the extra bulk is generally nice for dealing with what heatran normally deals with a bit better. you should give some consideration to lava plume > magma storm; lava plume is a really safe move that punishes pokemon such as zygarde and garchomp with a burn for switching in and it doesn't bear a nasty chance to miss. you also don't have a real reason to justify magma storm either as you lack toxic to cripple what you trap and earth power is pretty useful for hitting other heatran as they are pretty annoying.

>

pelipper isn't a really valuable support Pokemon unless you're actually using it on a rain team, otherwise there not much it does for you. so this next change does make you lose a relatively bulky water-type, become a bit weaker to mega charizard y (but you have adequate counterplay). what tornadus-t does for you, however, is give you much needed bulk to switch-in on very dangerous threats such as Keldeo, Gengar, offensive Celesteela, etc. you also retain a pivot, ground immunity, and you get the ever useful knock off to remove items and cripple the opposition. it also doubles as another way to beats grasses which is excellent for serperior.
Tornadus-T @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off

originally, i thought about swapping koko out for something else but an electric-type is really important here so mega pinsir doesn't have a field day. so the best course of action here would be to utilize the stallbreaker set. right now you don't have much for stall and this different koko set helps out. it also chips away at practically everything with nature's madness. the ev spread outruns weavile, maximizes bulk, and the rest is placed into special attack. usually a berry or leftovers is used along with this set, but magnet is decently useful for powering up your thunderbolts so you're not hitting like a limp noodle.
Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Terrain
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nature's Madness
- U-turn
- Taunt

on a side note, i think pursuit mega scizor is fine here for catching choice locked latios and tapu lele as well as make the matchup against mega metagross less grievous, it's pretty useful for weakening things that are fleeing which is good for helping serperior sweep. if you feel like you're weak to hazards though you can run defog > pursuit and and ev spread of 248 hp / 116 def / 128 spd / 16 spe with an impish nature. you get all around good bulk to defog over the course of the matchup. it's not a very good defogger, but we have to make do with what we have. as for garchomp, I wouldn't use Fire Blast at all since it's pretty weak and Skarmory is found exclusively on stall these days and Scarf Chomp is in no shape to even attempt to lure it against stall since every member can come in against it scott free. Dragon Claw > Fire Blast would be better for reliable Dragon STAB and an ev spread of 252 atk / 4 spd / 252 spe and a jolly nature is best.

-----

this is a goon (heavy offense) version deals with baton pass celebi passing off nasty plots to tapu koko so it can sweep. thundurus does the whole nasty plot thing better, but then there would be no need for celebi so here we go. celebi doubles as your stealth rock setter too for the sake of role compression and the fact you should only pass off a nasty plot when you're sure tapu koko's checks have been eliminated (although it's then strong enough to remove them itself sometimes) because you're normally going to have just one shot at it. mega scizor is still utilizing a the pursuit set for the same reasons i stated above (removing latios, lele, metagross,etc.) greninja sets up spikes and is generally used to break down things and get up spikes against stall because after the spikes damage clefable gets 2HKOed by tapu koko's thunderbolt and taunt on koko screws chansey (make sure they are up before sending in koko because duggy will trap you!). garchomp is still your scarfer and av tornadus-t is also used to form a nice defensive backbone with mega scizor since it checks really threatening stuff and is your best option against to break grasses aside from greninja.
Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Grass Knot

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off

sorry for the length of this rate, but hope you enjoy your two new teams!

hi, so i like this team a lot especially your use of celebi. however, there are some suggestions that could potentially make this team better as it already seems to have decent competitive merit. in this rate i will be providing a second team that retains celebi since it was the basis in which you created your team and i respect that.

>

my first change would be to exchange celebi for serperior. in the role of an attacking grass-types, serperior surpasses all others with it's potential to snowball incredibly fast and break through the opposition fairly quickly if even given the chance to setup. it's higher speed tier is also really useful as it helps you revenge kill pretty threatening Pokemon between the 100 - 110 speed tier which Celebi missed out on. so basically you get a really good sweeper that's great for breaking bulkier teams as well as being a pressing issue against faster teams. what celebi could do that serperior couldn't though was break past opposing venusaur and amoonguss bar av tang which both lose to.
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

since you now lack a stealth rock setter the best course of action would be to make heatran your stealth rock setter, so an according change would be stealth rock > solar beam as bloom doom heatran was pretty redundant considering your team doesn't exactly have too much trouble with tapu fini. i'd also recommend going with a bulkier spread of 128 hp / 128 spa / 252 spe. it does gimp a bit on your power but the extra bulk is generally nice for dealing with what heatran normally deals with a bit better. you should give some consideration to lava plume > magma storm; lava plume is a really safe move that punishes pokemon such as zygarde and garchomp with a burn for switching in and it doesn't bear a nasty chance to miss. you also don't have a real reason to justify magma storm either as you lack toxic to cripple what you trap and earth power is pretty useful for hitting other heatran as they are pretty annoying.

>

pelipper isn't a really valuable support Pokemon unless you're actually using it on a rain team, otherwise there not much it does for you. so this next change does make you lose a relatively bulky water-type, become a bit weaker to mega charizard y (but you have adequate counterplay). what tornadus-t does for you, however, is give you much needed bulk to switch-in on very dangerous threats such as Keldeo, Gengar, offensive Celesteela, etc. you also retain a pivot, ground immunity, and you get the ever useful knock off to remove items and cripple the opposition. it also doubles as another way to beats grasses which is excellent for serperior.
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off

originally, i thought about swapping koko out for something else but an electric-type is really important here so mega pinsir doesn't have a field day. so the best course of action here would be to utilize the stallbreaker set. right now you don't have much for stall and this different koko set helps out. it also chips away at practically everything with nature's madness. the ev spread outruns weavile, maximizes bulk, and the rest is placed into special attack. usually a berry or leftovers is used along with this set, but magnet is decently useful for powering up your thunderbolts so you're not hitting like a limp noodle.
Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Terrain
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nature's Madness
- U-turn
- Taunt

on a side note, i think pursuit mega scizor is fine here for catching choice locked latios and tapu lele as well as make the matchup against mega metagross less grievous, it's pretty useful for weakening things that are fleeing which is good for helping serperior sweep. if you feel like you're weak to hazards though you can run defog > pursuit and and ev spread of 248 hp / 116 def / 128 spd / 16 spe with an impish nature. you get all around good bulk to defog over the course of the matchup. it's not a very good defogger, but we have to make do with what we have. as for garchomp, I wouldn't use Fire Blast at all since it's pretty weak and Skarmory is found exclusively on stall these days and Scarf Chomp is in no shape to even attempt to lure it against stall since every member can come in against it scott free. Dragon Claw > Fire Blast would be better for reliable Dragon STAB and an ev spread of 252 atk / 4 spd / 252 spe and a jolly nature is best.

-----

this is a goon (heavy offense) version deals with baton pass celebi passing off nasty plots to tapu koko so it can sweep. thundurus does the whole nasty plot thing better, but then there would be no need for celebi so here we go. celebi doubles as your stealth rock setter too for the sake of role compression and the fact you should only pass off a nasty plot when you're sure tapu koko's checks have been eliminated (although it's then strong enough to remove them itself sometimes) because you're normally going to have just one shot at it. mega scizor is still utilizing a the pursuit set for the same reasons i stated above (removing latios, lele, metagross,etc.) greninja sets up spikes and is generally used to break down things and get up spikes against stall because after the spikes damage clefable gets 2HKOed by tapu koko's thunderbolt and taunt on koko screws chansey (make sure they are up before sending in koko because duggy will trap you!). garchomp is still your scarfer and av tornadus-t is also used to form a nice defensive backbone with mega scizor since it checks really threatening stuff and is your best option against to break grasses aside from greninja.
Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Grass Knot

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off

sorry for the length of this rate, but hope you enjoy your two new teams!
Thanks for replying! I've been testing both teams, and had quite the success with the serperior team, I'm really happy with how it ended being.

On the other Celebi team, though he does a great job of either giga drain water types or nasty plot it to Koko, the lack of fire coverage gives me some issues since tornadus is the only one with that coverage, maybe Marowak-A? Cant think of a fire pokemon with offensive presence.

Really thanks for the support to the team and the new one! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)