1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

First Competitive Battles

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by WyldChyld, Feb 26, 2011.

1. WyldChyld

WyldChyld

Not sure if this would go here, or where. Still new to the site...

The daughter and I entered our first tournament today at our local GameStop. We both won our matches in the first round. During the second round, she faced a strong trainer, but the ending kind of ruined our highs. The guy she faced was, maybe, 20ish. He used an Azelf and Drifblim, both with Explosion. Now, I won't say that it didn't hurt to go out that way, but she was devastated. I can understand being competitive and all, but why resort to using that move against a 7 yr old. Twice? After that, I pulled out of the tourney and we went home.

Yes, she did pass the first round, which, in a roundabout way, means she did better than half the people there. I tried telling her that, but we can all remember growing up and being in similar circumstances. How do you all feel with that kind of ending? She doesn't have the best team, but she is passionate about the Pokemon she does have/use.
  2. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

hahahahahahaha
  3. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

society is fucked up, introducing a little girl to terrorism by also ruining her biggest hobby

may god have mercy with his soul
  4. Rolf

Rolf

He used it twice, dang.

TWICE!
  5. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

dont link this user to the terrorist cup thread btw
  6. HSA ♥

HSA ♥ I am the God of the new world.

Gosh, what a horrible story

Who the fuck leads with Azelf and drifblim?
  7. Bad Ass

Bad Ass bring me coffee or tea
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a GS2 Winner

The guy who lured her in was, maybe, 20ish. He used Rohypnol and candy, both with a van. Now, I won't say that it didn't hurt to go out that way, but she was devastated. I can understand being perverted and all, but why resort to using that drug against a 7 yr old. Twice? After that, he pulled out and we went home.
  8. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

post of the year
  9. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

nobody's taking this seriously enough GODDAMN

i can't even BEGIN to tell you how many times i've been scarred by an azelf + drifblim kamikaze combo ;_;
  10. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

Sounds like she played against ipl.
  11. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

12. v

v so tasteless you could mistake me for vater
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

you know just because you CAN post in a trou thread doesnt mean you SHOULD, js

snorlaxe
  13. Oglemi

Oglemi I love you wonderful Minun-Kun!
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Just because you can call someone out for making a less-than-stellar post doesn't mean you SHOULD, especially when said person is actually still relevant and does work in the forums, js.

vader
  14. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

snorlaxe shouldn't post at all actually
  15. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

I just really don't get what this guy's problem is. I mean, I'm new to Pokemon too, I'm not sorry I wiped the floor with his daughter's team.
  16. matty

matty I did stuff a long time ago for the site
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]

'Nuff said
  17. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Double Explosions? She should have used Fly Rayquaza
  18. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

19. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I'm hoping that this is a troll because there's no way the OP can be this dense. I mean come on nobody is this stupid.
  20. Faladran

Faladran
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

gamestop too strongth
  21. Reverb

Reverb if you use BP, you have no skill, and I hate you
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I wish Smogon didn't have COPPA so I could make little kids cry
  22. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Think we should show her the old ADV Butterfree analysis?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)