ORAS OU First competitive team!

Hello there, it's been a while out of Pokémon, but now I'm back and I've been doing quite a lot of research on competitive mode. So, I ended up building this team with some tools I found and it's actually doing pretty good on PokemonShowdown.
Do you think it's balanced enough? What would you change? I'd really like some advices from you veterans :)

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Sp Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

First in the team, the Physical Tank, Mega-Sableye. Got Calm Mind in case I have to tank a special sweeper and to boost the dmg of my Dark Pulse, which is the offensive move and STAB. Recover for obvious reasons and Will-O-Wisp to weaken the enemy Atk and do some DoT while tanking.
I don't really know how good it is, but it's a nasty piece of cancer, I made 3 opponents ragequit in a row lmao.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp Def
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Next we have the Special Tank, Skarmory. Leftovers to recover some HP each turn and sturdy to avoid KO as long as possible.
The offensive move is Iron Head, good for dealing with Fairy types and a good move overall.
Spikes to set up ASAP (most of the times after my Garchomp had set up his Stealth Rock).
Roost for obvious reasons, again.
Whirlwind can be used both to remove the enemy Pokémon if it's overbuffed or too effective against Skarmory and deal decent amounts of damage if you have your Stealth Rock + Spikes combo set up.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Garchomp is my Physical Sweeper. Focus Sash to avoid 1HKO and let Garchomp at least set up his Stealth Rock. Rough Skin because Sand Veil is useless in my team.
I use to play Garchomp as my first Pokémon to set up Stealth Rock ASAP, then Skarmory for Spikes.
Earthquake is a must IMO, best STAB for Garchomp.
Dragon Claw to deal with Pokémons who resist Earthquake.
Fire Blast in case you run into a tanky steel thing, such as Magnezone or Skarmory.
I could actually change Dragon Claw or Fire Blast for Outrage, but it has the con of locking moves. What do you think?

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Gengar is the Special Sweeper. Focus Sash is there to avoid 1HKO and let me use Destiny Bond the next turn to make the enemy faint with me.
Shadow Ball is the best STAB for Gengar as far as I know.
Destiny Bond for the mentioned strat.
Sludge Wave for poison STAB.
Thunderbolt to deal with water/flying things.
I have serious doubts about this build. I mean, the Destiny Bond combo is quite powerful, but it has a HUGE con: if your oponnent is faster it's pretty useless. Maybe I could replace that with another move and Focus Sash with Life Orb. I'm not even sure if this Gengar fits well in my team. Thoughts on this?

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Starmie is my Offensive Spinner (Special). Life Orb to hit even harder and achieve the 1HKO sometimes. Analytic just because Natural Cure seems worse to me.
Main move is Rapid Spin to get rid of all those Spikes and stuff.
Hydro Pump as water STAB.
Psychic as psychic STAB.
Ice Beam to cover more types, but maybe I could change this for Recover to last longer and mitigate Life Orb effect.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp is the Physical Wallbreaker/Sweeper. Black Glasses to boost Dark moves dmg and Defiant because it's amazing.
Knock off as best Dark STAB in my opinion, great utility too.
Swords Dance to boost Atk.
Iron Head to delete Fairys and deal with many Mega Evolutions.
Sucker Punch as a priority (and STAB) move.

So, that's been my first competitive team. As I said before, I'd really like to know what you guys think about it, what moves/items need a change, even if a Pokémon doesn't really fit in the team.
Thank you all for your time! ^^

The first thing that concerns me is that you only describe the usefulness of the moves only for themselves and not how the Pokémon you pick support each other.

Thanks for the reply!
As I said, I'm quite noob. What do you mean exactly with "support each other"? I mean, I've picked these Pokémons to have a "balanced" team in terms of types and roles strenghts/weaknesses and I've got two "semi-hazard" Pokémon and another one to remove hazards. Do you think I need more "supportive" moves, such as ones that affect the whole team, or maybe a Pokémon with a more supportive role? I don't really see how else can I support the other Pokémon in my team, so I'd really appreciate your help :)

Hello, SATUR0S & welcome to Smogon!

I played with your team for a while and have a few suggestions. First of, starting with Gengar, I'd get rid of Destiny Bond as it does not work well along with the Focus Sash. I'd recommend you switch it with Focus Blast because it allows Gengar to hit Pokemon like Tyranitar, Hetran, and even Bisharp on a predicted switch. I also noticed while playing, that your team lacks solid switch-ins to Specs Keldeo so I'd recommend you try to fit in Amoongus somewhere, probably in place of Starmie because having a spinner and a bouncer on the same team is a bit redundant. If you play well with Mega Sableye then your opponent shouldn't be able to get up hazards anyway. Amoongus also covers HP Fire Serperior which your team weak to . Overall, I like the team it does a good job of supporting Sableye and allows it to sweep. Hopefully, my suggestions help the team.

Gengar @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Thunder Bolt / Icy Wind / Substitute

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog / Stun Spore
- Hidden Power Fire / Sludge Bomb

Thanks for the reply!
As I said, I'm quite noob. What do you mean exactly with "support each other"? I mean, I've picked these Pokémons to have a "balanced" team in terms of types and roles strenghts/weaknesses and I've got two "semi-hazard" Pokémon and another one to remove hazards. Do you think I need more "supportive" moves, such as ones that affect the whole team, or maybe a Pokémon with a more supportive role? I don't really see how else can I support the other Pokémon in my team, so I'd really appreciate your help :)
I mean that as in "how does this Pokémon cover weaknesses my other team members have? What kind of Pokémon does this check that the rest can't deal with too well? What can the other team members provide for it?"

For instance, your Bisharp is weak to Fighting and Ground, meaning that Gengar is a good support for it because it is immune to both, allowing it to switch in when you predict your opponent to use a move off this type. Gengar itself is weak to Psychic, Dark and Ghost, all of which are types Bisharp resists. There's a whole lot more I could explain, but I feel it's a bit much for the RMT section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)