Other First ever RMT |PU team

Hello people of smogon! Welcome to my first ever RMT!
It's like 6 months i'm here, so i thought, why not share my team(s)?

Here my first PU team that i recently used and enjoyed a lot.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Tail
- Synthesis

Probably the best in this team. Serperior was my first choice because of his movepool, with bulky, quite fast, Leaf blade STAB, Dragon tail for annoying setters etc. Obviusly Glare (hits everything) and Synthesis for some HP.

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

For me Camerupt is best played as a defensive tank, Lava Plume is a useful STAB move, relatively high burn chance may help for physically attckers. Earth Power is the secondary STAB option, for super effective damage against Golem, Garbodor etc. Stealth Rock for annoying sash Chatot, and Roar to hit a bit with the Rocks bugs/flying type mons.​

Electrode @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

My lead, nothing much to say, pretty standard specs Electrode, It's a really good revenge killer. Soundproof because of chatot, HP Ice for ground type, powerfull STAB Volt Switch/Thunderbolt, and Signal beam agaist grass type mons.

Mightyena @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Play Rough

My fast physical "sweeper" it's not the best but he works good. Sucker Punch allows him to have a chance against faster opponents, which can make it quite scary after Moxie boost. Crunch as STAB move. Substitute is here so he can avoid status moves. Play rough seems a surprise for opponents that doesn't know a lot about Mightyena. Life Orb can also be used over BlackGlasses as it gives Mightyena more power, but he will faint quickly with the Life Orb recoil and Substitute.

Kingler @ Choice Band
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off
- Superpower

This set is based entirely off of Kingler's Attack and Speed stats, in fact, I think he is one of the most powerful mon in the tier. Kingler's movepool is good, so choice band is not a problem. X-Scissor against Grass/Psychic types, and Crabhammer is an obvious choice, really powerful receives STAB, and has a high chance to make a critical hit. Superpower to hit even more harder.

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond/Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

One of my favourite pokemon, so i had to put in this team. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb are strong STAB moves that allow Haunter to do decent damage. A Timid nature is chosen to allow Haunter to revenge kill as many threats as possible. Trick is extremely useful against defensive mons, as well as setup sweepers like Barbaracle. Same with Destiny Bond.

I hope some of you will leave a response or suggestion for my team :)

P.S.: Sorry for my english, but i'm in a hurry to watch my football team match D:​

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Culone, I like this team a lot, we need more balance like this in PU. However, Camerupt and Serperior tend to get better synergy if Serperior is specially defensive and Camerupt is physically defensive. This allows the core to take on things like Scyther better (which the team currently lacks a switch in for), while still handling threats like Poliwrath because of Serperior's resistances. Also not sure why Kingler wants double edge over X-scissor, the ability to hit Serperior, Tangela, and Musharna consistently tends to come in handy a lot. I'm still concerned with the team's weakness to Eviolite SD sneasel once Camerupt has just a bit of prior damage but not sure how to fix atm.

Hey Bippy! Thank you for taking a look at my team! :D I'm happy to see that my first RMT team actually liked to someone!
I can only agree with you about Serperior/Camerupt, but i preferred it like this because it worked really good, and to be honest i didn't encounter a lot of scyter (i actually got around 1380/1400) so i didn't have that kind of problem (maybe i'm lucky lol)

You put Earthquake in Camerupt's move list, but in the description it says Earth Power. I assume you mean Earth Power because otherwise your Camerupt would be mixed. Also, you not encountering a lot of Scyther is strange because it is a very good and common poke. I would do what Bippy said. I also would go X-Scissor over Double Edge, because you don't want the recoil and you need X-Scissor to hit Grass types and the ever-so common Musharna. Garbodor loves setting up Toxic Spikes against this team since you have no way of getting rid of them and they chip away at your team very well. Also, Swanna and Pelipper tear through your core. Same with some Freeze-Dry pokemon (Articuno, Lapras, Delibird [if anyone ever runs it]). I do like how your team has nice synergy and balance, unlike the common stall or the trying-to-counter-stall hyper offense.

As a last ditch effort against Sneasel Destiny Bond > Energy Ball would work. Destiny Bond is also great for when Haunter is about to die or you just really need to get rid of a big threat. Besides, getting locked into energy ball isn't the most ideal especially with Scyther on a large portion of teams.

Let me know how it goes if you try it.

BadPandaPancham, you are totally right, i don't even know why i put earthquake lol

About X-Scissor I can only agree with you guys.

Rawmelon, i tried Destiny Bond and it works very well, i think i will run that instead of Energy ball. BUT, i mean, you can't be stuck with Energy ball, if you have Trick, you know what i mean?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)