First Gen V team!!!!

Hello everyone, It's my first time making a competitive team for Gen V. Im not very familure with this meta-game bu i've tryed this team out on PO and it seems decent buti know there has to be someting big wrong. Anyways here is my team please help it will b much appreciated :)

In Depth Look:

Borutorosu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot / HP Ice
- Volt Change

Pretty solid lead. Hits stuff hard. With taunt, volt change can cause some trouble for some leads. Thunderbolt for a good STAB move and Grass knot to cover those ground types. I have HP ice up with grass knot because i really dont know which is better for it. Im willing to change this pokemon to a completely new Lead.

Breloom @ Shed Shell 244HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Sword Dance
- Spore

Mach punch for doryuuzu. Spore is to help the lte game sweep i can do with swords dance seed bomb and mach punch. Shed shell is to get ou of shandera.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

What do you not know already about this. I use this as a late game sweeper or to revenge kill. I have leftovers for some HP back every turn. Great typing which i love. Bug bite for STAB, bullet punch for priority and brick break for some coverage with out losing attack and defence.

Burungeru (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

SDef wall. Nuff said. I love this is takes hits gives hits and can stall if needed. I was thinking vaporeon would be nice to have but this is better due to typing and moves. Wil-o-wisp to make my defence look better and recover damage done.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse

Great revenger, this with scizor work well late game for sweeping. which i do. Its a standard scarf set not very orginal but gets it done :p Dragon pulse over HP, because it hits all dragon types. Explosion to get rid of really big threat that i have nothing to deal with it.

Doryuuzu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor / Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

This is to work with the ever so popular sandstorm team. With EV's to out speed the standard Doryuuzu i can knock it out and continue to sweep. Without sandstom, it still hits hard, just not as fast. Don't know about rapid spin. everything seem to be using spike now and the hit most of my team.

So that is my team. Feel free to say anything. Changes will be in RED.

Thanks,
OctilleryKing

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
You're weak to Doryuuzu and it's unforgiveable on this metagame. Try out Technician Breloom in place of Tangrowth, it can fixe out this problem.

Breloom @ Shed Shell (For Shanderaa @Shadow Tag)
244HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
-> Mach Punch
-> Seed Bomb
-> Sword Dance
-> Spore

I'll expend my rate later. Good luck.

4 hour bump, really? How has this team been doing? It's pretty ballsy to run Dory without weather support, and at this stage of the meta, to run no weather pokes. You are completely at the mercy of Ninetales/Politoed. Switching Tangrowth to Hippowdon will help remedy your weather problem and give you a physically bulky pokemon, instead of two special walls. It also can reliable heal itself, instead of having to deal with entry hazards to heal with Tangrowth. I also think that Vaporeon would be better than Pringles bc it would keep your momentum going, as this is an offensive team, while still providing defense and WISH support, which is very nice, especially with its boos this gen.

You're weak to Doryuuzu and it's unforgiveable on this metagame. Try out Technician Breloom in place of Tangrowth, it can fixe out this problem.

Breloom @ Shed Shell (For Shanderaa @Shadow Tag)
244HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
-> Mach Punch
-> Seed Bomb
-> Sword Dance
-> Spore

I'll expend my rate later. Good luck.

Thanks, Im just not fond of how fragile it is.. it does its job but if i need it early its not so great.

4 hour bump, really? How has this team been doing? It's pretty ballsy to run Dory without weather support, and at this stage of the meta, to run no weather pokes. You are completely at the mercy of Ninetales/Politoed. Switching Tangrowth to Hippowdon will help remedy your weather problem and give you a physically bulky pokemon, instead of two special walls. It also can reliable heal itself, instead of having to deal with entry hazards to heal with Tangrowth. I also think that Vaporeon would be better than Pringles bc it would keep your momentum going, as this is an offensive team, while still providing defense and WISH support, which is very nice, especially with its boos this gen.
Switched burungeru with vaporeon. Works well with team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)